hELLS_YEAH_(resized).png
warren-davis-1_7_(resized).jpg
Attach20845_20160211_211256_(resized).jpg
rick-big-picture.jpg
20150411_165544.jpg
pps-1.jpg
scroogemcduck.jpg
lucifer-1.jpg
There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.
#851 3 years ago

The end of game music is a sequence of wavs Wet Willy 1, 1, 2, 3, 7 and 10.

One fix might be to build this tune into one single wav. Then Have this as 'Wet Willy 1' and delete all of the rest. It should work, I'll try it.

#852 3 years ago

I may be wrong, but if the game plays a series of wave files, its because the game rom tells the game to do so.

I have thouht about the whirlpool "error" in the first example. I have asked Nicholas at pinsound what difference it is between sfx and voice, they both plays over music and can be played over each other. He told me that there is hardware reservations in pinsound that allows the card to play 2 voice simulanously and 3 sfx, if I got i right. There might be a solution to move the sound thats seams to be interrupted to voice folder and se if it behaves differently.

Also, I have started reorchestrating Fish Tales. I'm happy if someone who like this folder-structure issues to help me with that project, as well with sfx and voices. Music is pretty much completed. Some jingles left and of course a bit of tweeking.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-pinsound-reorchestration-help-with-sfx-and-voices-needed

#853 3 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

I may be wrong, but if the game plays a series of wave files, its because the game rom tells the game to do so.
I have thouht about the whirlpool "error" in the first example. I have asked Nicholas at pinsound what difference it is between sfx and voice, they both plays over music and can be played over each other. He told me that there is hardware reservations in pinsound that allows the card to play 2 voice simulanously and 3 sfx, if I got i right. There might be a solution to move the sound thats seams to be interrupted to voice folder and se if it behaves differently.
Also, I have started reorchestrating Fish Tales. I'm happy if someone who like this folder-structure issues to help me with that project, as well with sfx and voices. Music is pretty much completed. Some jingles left and of course a bit of tweeking.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-pinsound-reorchestration-help-with-sfx-and-voices-needed

I agree that's what it seems, that the rom is calling these tunes in sequence. If so, it's doing an amazing job as they appear as one piece of music!

Pinsound on the other hand is calling them individually which is why it's not as smooth. I'm going to try my idea tonight. It should work ok so long as wavs 2, 3, 7 and 10 are not used anywhere else in the game - as they won't exist.

#854 3 years ago

Out of curiosity, if you play WH2O with pinsound legacy mix, does it sound right? Does it have similar timing or other problems?
I often wonder how many of the issues are related to the mix and related to pinsound.

#855 3 years ago

No, the high score is at least still the same.

Quoted from Reznnate:

Out of curiosity, if you play WH2O with pinsound legacy mix, does it sound right? Does it have similar timing or other problems?
I often wonder how many of the issues are related to the mix and related to pinsound.

#856 3 years ago

I think most legacy sound packages have serious issues with the folder structure. Some sfx is sometimes jingles, some jingles are singles. So the short answer isbthat it wont play as the original anyways. For this mix ive got Olivers folder structure. What a relief.

I have read about that you can play the game and record the games sound requests and view them in pinsound studio so that you can simulate the mix without have access to the game. This was called the .psrec-file. But it seams that this functionality is not available anymore.

I have asked them at pinsound about this, but have not got an answer yet.

#857 3 years ago

Oh man, i put in an 8" sub and wired the stereo.. I've been missing out! Does anyone have a pair they recommend for the backbox? I've done a few different, not sure I'm sold on anything particular.

#858 3 years ago

I put in a pair of 5.25" pyle 3 way speakers. I think they sound great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00022OBO2

#859 3 years ago

Is pinsound worth it on this title now i have it on BSD and love it. Just expensive here in Australia about $800 delivered so is it worth that kind of money?

#860 3 years ago

I really love what Endprodukt and Sgrsgr did. My machine sounds amazing. One huge upgrade is the whistle from the VUK. Sounds so much better.

#861 3 years ago

double post

#862 3 years ago

I'm getting a new bug to do with bigfoot. After he shuts the door on some modes it plays his fx and then I get a weird noise for 30 seconds or so. Happens fairly frequently.

2 months later
#863 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks mate!
I've been emailing Nicolas from Pinsound, he's amazingly responsive At the moment I believe it could be a firmware issue as my board is an old v1.3 Pinsound 1.

Did you ever get this sorted mate? I have the same problem.... LH6C. Older Pinsound 1.3 board, latest firmware (20062). However i have a new Pinled CPu (So trying to work through the permutations of where the problem could be!)

I'm getting the sounds out from the pinside (Boot noise), however i am getting no actual Game sounds out at all!

Cheers!

4 months later
#864 3 years ago

How is it going with this one?

4 months later
#865 2 years ago

My white water said to me : Give me a new sound , please ! and i answer: don't keep your eyes open, I will sell you...

1 year later
#866 1 year ago

Hello to you all! I followed this tread for years and even contributed a bit to get all the work done in the beginning. I know development stopped some time ago but I was tuning in again because I bought another WH2O and would love to upgrade.

Maybe I can contribute again to pick it up?
Hope you are fine Endproduct
Best from NL
Peter

1 year later
#867 64 days ago

Howdy folks!!

Some news in this old thread. I’ve have teamed up with a new friend, Mats Frånberg, who is really good on guitars. Our plan is to update all tracks played with midi guitars and replace those sounds with real guitar sound. Also, some baselines and melodies will be updated to be more accurate. Additionally some callout variations that did not make it to my first release will be included.

So there is a reorchestrated white water 2.0 soundpack available soon.

Here is a sample is his work:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/nkynxhcopimgyr6yu2htu/raft6_mats.mp3?rlkey=m9s7l7we4hxbzikdaawdtp1pc&dl=0

#868 64 days ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Howdy folks!!
Some news in this old thread. I’ve have teamed up with a new friend, Mats Frånberg, who is really good on guitars. Our plan is to update all tracks played with midi guitars and replace those sounds with real guitar sound. Also, some baselines and melodies will be updated to be more accurate. Additionally some callout variations that did not make it to my first release will be included.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/nkynxhcopimgyr6yu2htu/raft6_mats.mp3?rlkey=m9s7l7we4hxbzikdaawdtp1pc&dl=0

fantastic news!

#869 63 days ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Howdy folks!!

Exciting news - thank you!!

#870 63 days ago

YES, YES, YEs, Yes & yes!

#871 62 days ago

Nice one...hej hej!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
17,250 (OBO)
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.