hELLS_YEAH_(resized).png
warren-davis-1_7_(resized).jpg
Attach20845_20160211_211256_(resized).jpg
rick-big-picture.jpg
20150411_165544.jpg
pps-1.jpg
scroogemcduck.jpg
lucifer-1.jpg
There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Here we go:
I look for two people who KNOW THE MACHINE INSIDE OUT to test my current mix.
You need to know the sounds, you need to have a fine ear.
TWO PEOPLE ONLY. You cannot share the mix, but you can keep it. Don't PM me! Just write here. Have some time. let me know. Awesome!

I would love to be chosen. Thanks for the consideration.

#752 4 years ago

I'm always interested to test it out. Been playing my whitewater since 2006.

#753 4 years ago

Of course I am willing to test your mix. Maybe i should finish my own instead but im interested.

First time testing in the real machine today. Some volumes is a bit off. I have made about 1/3 of all sfx from free sounds from the web/youtube. Also it seams the pinsound board has problems with sound sync. Sometimes when tjere is a lot going on sfx starts to slow, music dont stop when it shound and so on. I’ll try a faste USB drive next time and se if it has something to do with it. I’m using a 1st gen pinsound board

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofb33qdhxc75htd/RSDA6421.MOV?dl=0

The high score song was quite a challenge for me. But very funny doing. Love the parts just before it loops to near beginning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yr417jrobj5v4hd/high%20score.mp3?dl=0

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

First time testing in the real machine today....

It's amazing how much the music can change the overall feel and vibe of a machine.

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Of course I am willing to test your mix. Maybe i should finish my own instead but im interested.
First time testing in the real machine today. Some volumes is a bit off. I have made about 1/3 of all sfx from free sounds from the web/youtube. Also it seams the pinsound board has problems with sound sync. Sometimes when tjere is a lot going on sfx starts to slow, music dont stop when it shound and so on. I’ll try a faste USB drive next time and se if it has something to do with it. I’m using a 1st gen pinsound board
The high score song was quite a challenge for me. But very funny doing. Love the parts just before it loops to near beginning.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yr417jrobj5v4hd/high%20score.mp3?dl=0

The reason that things don't stop is that the folder structure is wrong. The way it's offered in the legacy package it will absolutely not work correct.

Highscore sounds amazing. Good job!

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Same way I do it except I'm using real instruments and vsti. Not doing metal either haha
Whirlpool demands some more aggressive guitars.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/04een9pjv676hnj/wh2o%20dingens.mp3?dl=0
This is my attempts to bluegrass...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y19ld305su7pe7a/wh2o%20bluegrass.mp3?dl=0
And finally having the one and only Warren Davis
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bxzxhztztc4vld/Welcome%20To%20Wet%20Willys.wav?dl=0
80 percent of the songs are done but I'm standing in my own way with a standard so high it's hard to achieve without transcription.
Btw... The original boards played the songs on the internal soundchip in real time with code. No midi. No storage.

Dood, that's fricken' awesome!

#757 4 years ago

I can test as long as you don't need the pinsound installed. I sure would be nice to have wavforms of the original sounds and companion ones with the new sounds so testers could do A/B comparisons in the DAW.

#759 4 years ago

I will send you a free Bigfoot Hotfoot mod (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1171-pinball-z/02183-white-water-bigfoot-spotlight-amp-hot-foot-lighting-) to you when your re-orchestration is complete.

I'm incredibly impressed by your Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure effort (sounds + voice actors) on Mike_M machine.

Hobby + raising family + working = Herculean effort

Thanks for making this hobby great.

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

I will send you a free Bigfoot Hotfoot mod (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1171-pinball-z/02183-white-water-bigfoot-spotlight-amp-hot-foot-lighting-) to you when your re-orchestration is complete.
I'm incredibly impressed by your Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure effort (sounds + voice actors) on mike_m machine.
Hobby + raising family + working = Herculean effort
Thanks for making this hobby great.

Thank you so much! I made a spotlight mod back in the day all mechanical and was very impressed with your solution to the mod. Very very nice kit and the hotfoot feature is super fun.

I just sent the list for custom quotes towards Warren Davis. Expect some funny things!

I need to say this again: the first release will still be with the original but completely restored music. Not my rerecorded music. Just saying it again so no one is disappointed haha.

#761 4 years ago

Okay so some info from my side:

The restorated (not reorchestrated version) will be available completely for free. You waited so long for something, that's just fair.

If I ever finish the tracks (maybe even with Sgrsgr help?) then we'll see what's up

Can't wait to be sued.

#762 4 years ago

I like the collaborative nature here. All the work that you guys are throwing in will sound amazing in the end.

So what's your plan for the reorchestrated version. Is it completely new callouts and music?

#763 4 years ago

Tell me where to donate this is a lot of work and so thankful for folks like this making these games better for us all

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I like the collaborative nature here. All the work that you guys are throwing in will sound amazing in the end.
So what's your plan for the reorchestrated version. Is it completely new callouts and music?

The restored version is this:

Completely remastered all ORIGINAL music. Warmer, fatter, more direct, just in general more pleasing to the ear.
Replaced ALL SFX, close to the original but modern sounding.
Replaced ALL Speech. Added some Custom Speech.

The Remastered Version is:

All of the above, but all Music/Jingles will be replaced by instruments, just like T2 or IJ.

Quoted from Soulrider911:

Tell me where to donate this is a lot of work and so thankful for folks like this making these games better for us all

Feel free to donate here:

paypal.me/olivercarell

Thank you very very much!

#765 4 years ago

Now things go realy deep. I thought th folder structure is fixed? Changes to this structure will end up in no sound at all?

Is there documentation that explains this somewhere?

#766 4 years ago

Sued..? You can allways come to the town of Skellefteå i northen sweden the 21-23 of may. Chris Granner is suposed to be there for himself along with Brian Eddy talking about pinball. Then you can ask for permision ) There is a large game show there. Not only pinball.

Information only in swedish in link below: But try google translate.

https://www.svenskaflippersallskapet.com/tavlingar/nordsken-pinball-open-(skelleftea)-21-23-maj-2020/

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Sued..? You can allways come to the town of Skellefteå i northen sweden the 21-23 of may. Chris Granner is suposed to be there for himself along with Brian Eddy talking about pinball. Then you can ask for permision ) There is a large game show there. Not only pinball.
Information only in swedish in link below: But try google translate.
https://www.svenskaflippersallskapet.com/tavlingar/nordsken-pinball-open-(skelleftea)-21-23-maj-2020/

Frivolous lawsuits (and threats!) rarely come from creators or inventors of the actual work. They come from investor/corporate types.

#768 4 years ago

Yes. I know. But admit it would be fun to have the opportunity to discuss this topic with chris himself.

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Yes. I know. But admit it would be fun to have the opportunity to discuss this topic with chris himself.

I did that and Chris doesn't hold the rights to this, PPS does. Chris himself likes what I do, but always told me to do something on my own instead of "copying" his work. He was very helpful in the past though.

Sgrsgr the folder structure is total bullshit. And it's not Pinsounds fault. Please hit me up and let's figure out stuff together. Are you by any chance on Facebook?

#770 4 years ago

Found this on pinsound.org.

Each sound’s sub-folder must be prefixed by the instruction number
from 000000 to 900000, in decimal, followed by a dash “–“
Each instruction number must be unique (even between folders)
The name after this prefix is not important and is only relevant for identification and later modification (so, for example, you could use “000012-engine_starting_loud” or “000012-whatever“
Any compatible sound file placed in the instruction sub-folder will be played

Then there is some info about the folders, sfx, jingle, single etc.

is it possible to move a subfolder from for example voice to jingle to make a sound stop the music, as long as the number in the folders name is intact?

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Found this on pinsound.org.
Each sound’s sub-folder must be prefixed by the instruction number
from 000000 to 900000, in decimal, followed by a dash “–“
Each instruction number must be unique (even between folders)
The name after this prefix is not important and is only relevant for identification and later modification (so, for example, you could use “000012-engine_starting_loud” or “000012-whatever“
Any compatible sound file placed in the instruction sub-folder will be played
Then there is some info about the folders, sfx, jingle, single etc.
is it possible to move a subfolder from for example voice to jingle to make a sound stop the music, as long as the number in the folders name is intact?

the thing is that there shouldn't be any SINGLE in this game, and many of the SFX are actually jingles, for that you need to understand how they work and interrupt what's happening. I'll send you pictures of my folder sctructure, you can then sort them and it will work as expected.

#772 4 years ago

Awesome!

2 weeks later
#773 4 years ago

Hi guys,
any news on this ?

#774 4 years ago

Nothing for years and then the thread picks up. We get used to seeing some action and of course we want more.

I'm sure they'll post when there's something to post. The longer it takes, the more money that stays in my wallet.

#775 4 years ago

I’ve been reworking the drums, then there is some mixing work to do to get rid of some heavy bass/muddy sound.

Locking forward to release soon.

#776 4 years ago

I'm waiting for the samples from Warren.

Quoted from Sgrsgr:

I’ve been reworking the drums, then there is some mixing work to do to get rid of some heavy bass/muddy sound.
Locking forward to release soon.

Awesome you considered my advice!

#777 4 years ago

Edit: Wrong thread!

1 week later
#778 4 years ago

Custom samples from Warren Davis arrived and they are fantastic.

I'm trying to integrate them in the next couple of days and it's time for a first release then.

Remember... Original music from the game restaurated. Not my reorchestration.

#779 4 years ago

This is very exciting news. But I'm still waiting to see a download before I order a pinsound.

#780 4 years ago

There will be. Im finished with music. But i’m limited releasing until Endprodukt has released because i have used his sfx, voices and some jingles.

Go ahead and buy a pinsound board. You will not regret it.

#781 4 years ago

Just to clearify. I made a promise I want to keep. He has make great job producing these files.

Sure I can just release the music but it is a lot of tweeking af sound levels with sfx, jingles and so on. Releaseing the music with different sfx and jingles will just make all volumes rhe wrong values.

#782 4 years ago

Cant wait to grab this. Thanks for all the effort to make it happen!

#783 4 years ago

Also can't wait!! Kudos to Sgrsgr and Olli for making this happen

#784 4 years ago

^^^^^^ ditto^^^^^^

#785 4 years ago

So excited! Thanks for your efforts!

#786 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Just to clearify. I made a promise I want to keep. He has make great job producing these files.
Sure I can just release the music but it is a lot of tweeking af sound levels with sfx, jingles and so on. Releaseing the music with different sfx and jingles will just make all volumes rhe wrong values.

Go for it.

#787 4 years ago

Cant wait for the release of this!! Endprodukt (oli) has been working on this for years, so massive Kudos to him, and with another around the work of sgrsgr, it should be awesome!!

#788 4 years ago
5D36729B-C9C9-49AA-BB9E-BB379165537E (resized).png5D36729B-C9C9-49AA-BB9E-BB379165537E (resized).png
#789 4 years ago
Quoted from toibs:

Cant wait for the release of this!! endprodukt (oli) has been working on this for years, so massive Kudos to him, and with another around the work of sgrsgr, it should be awesome!!

I have been ignoring it for years my friend.

This is also not the version with my music. But since the situation in Europe is crazy right now... Probably we will all be locked inside and maybe I'll find some time then...

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I have been ignoring it for years my friend.
This is also not the version with my music. But since the situation in Europe is crazy right now... Probably we will all be locked inside and maybe I'll find some time then...

Under normal circumstances i would laugh, however at the moment... probably not. Looking forward to both releases! (Probably more so yours with your music as from the clips that you posted it sounded awesome )
Stay safe everyone

#793 4 years ago

I'm getting the same error.

#794 4 years ago

Pending approval it says... Guess they have to look at it first.

#795 4 years ago

I'm also pretty close but testing some things. Got all the exclusive quotes in. Not as many (around 20) but it makes it feel special.

Maybe the lockdown in Germany will make me feel like finishing the music also at some point but definately gonna release the remaster first.

#796 4 years ago

They seams to take time to approve the file. Try this in the meantime.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtsvs23feahcw47/White_Water_SGR_Version.zip?dl=0

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

They seams to take time to approve the file. Try this in the meantime.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtsvs23feahcw47/White_Water_SGR_Version.zip?dl=0

There's a lot of great stuff in there. So it sounds like everything in the music folder is new, the sfx are old and some of the voices are new, right?

All of the music sounds really good. It's nice to hear it so clear.

#798 4 years ago

Yeah. Guess the sfx is about 40% new

#799 4 years ago

Sgrsgr can feel free to mix his music with whatever he likes from my package which comes with 99% replaced SFX and Voice. Warren DAVIS!!!

#800 4 years ago

Any chance of some footage don’t have pinsound for my machine yet and there is an offer on this weekend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

17,250 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis/page/16?hl=only68s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.