hELLS_YEAH_(resized).png
warren-davis-1_7_(resized).jpg
Attach20845_20160211_211256_(resized).jpg
rick-big-picture.jpg
20150411_165544.jpg
pps-1.jpg
scroogemcduck.jpg
lucifer-1.jpg

There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.
#701 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I was very glad to hear that this is moving forward, at least until I heard that sample you linked.
What is that supposed to be? It doesn't seem similar to any sound clip on MY Whitewater, furthermore the quality sounded pretty poor.
The only thing I dislike about the original sounds, is the high-frequency "waterfall" sound effects sound more like static than water. Hopefully your new sound package has done something with that.

Thanks. Howdy Wet is one of over 200 samples. And yes, the water has been replaced with real water samples. Sorry my quality is not up to your standards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6j1wox1vmrq4oy/White%20Water%202.wav?dl=0

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:I was very glad to hear that this is moving forward, at least until I heard that sample you linked.
What is that supposed to be? It doesn't seem similar to any sound clip on MY Whitewater, furthermore the quality sounded pretty poor.
The only thing I dislike about the original sounds, is the high-frequency "waterfall" sound effects sound more like static than water. Hopefully your new sound package has done something with that.

Thanks. Howdy Wet is one of over 200 samples. And yes, the water has been replaced with real water samples. Sorry my quality is not up to your standards.

The crowd screaming samples have been recorded professionally with 5 people in an acousticaly treated room using Neumann microphones. I don't know how to do it much better then.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6j1wox1vmrq4oy/White%20Water%202.wav?dl=0
IMG-20200118-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20200118-WA0001 (resized).jpg

#703 4 years ago

Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to hear some small samples of your work. Without being able to hear larger segments it's really hard to be in any way negative or judgemental. Please keep at it as there are many of us waiting patiently but eagerly to install your sounds in our games.

#704 4 years ago

You rock!!

#705 4 years ago

Top man! Can’t wait to hear it.

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Dude...Really?

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Dude...Really?

I don't get it either.

#708 4 years ago

Lol poor quality.. shoot, I just bought another pinsound.

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I can only imagine how many extra pinsounds this is going to sell when released.

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Thanks for trusting in me.

#711 4 years ago

This is nothing short of excellent news!! Many thanks Endprodukt!!!

Hopefully this can be made compatible with Tilt Audio (https://tiltaudio.com/) too...

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Thanks for trusting in me.

Always, your stuff is top notch.
Im in, and yes, will have to buy another Pinsound too.
Cant imagine my Indy without your hard work.

#713 4 years ago
Quoted from toibs:

This is nothing short of excellent news!! Many thanks Endprodukt!!!
Hopefully this can be made compatible with Tilt Audio (https://tiltaudio.com/) too...

It will be an exclusive pinsound product.

#714 4 years ago

This is one of those projects where it may be hard for somebody who doesn't understand audio engineering to really appreciate the amount of work done and the enormity of the accomplishment. White Water's original sound quality may not be the best but the intricacy of the soundtrack is daunting.

The clips I've heard sound great as far as the quality of the samples (especially compared to the original quality). I mean, who even has access to a studio facility like that for pinball sounds? What you're NOT going to get is an exact 1-to-1 replica of the music and call-outs. I think that if anybody is expecting this project to sound exactly like the original but with hi-fi sound quality, then they are setting themselves up for disappointment. Even with Warren Davis doing the call-outs, there's simply no way that he would say the lines the same way, with the same inflections, after 30 years. I hope that most people understand just how special it is that Endprodukt got Warren Davis at all.

The music is what I'm most excited about though. Maybe the clips are gone but the work in progress posted was pretty amazing. You got Endproduckt playing stuff live that wasn't even recorded live in the first place! And the quality of the sounds far surpasses the type of sounds they used with the original. Objectively speaking, it sounds leagues better.

On a side note, my suspicion is that "Howdy Wet" is a sample on the chip but it's just not utilized in the game program.

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

This is one of those projects where it may be hard for somebody who doesn't understand audio engineering to really appreciate the amount of work done and the enormity of the accomplishment. White Water's original sound quality may not be the best but the intricacy of the soundtrack is daunting.
The clips I've heard sound great as far as the quality of the samples (especially compared to the original quality). I mean, who even has access to a studio facility like that for pinball sounds? What you're NOT going to get is an exact 1-to-1 replica of the music and call-outs. I think that if anybody is expecting this project to sound exactly like the original but with hi-fi sound quality, then they are setting themselves up for disappointment. Even with Warren Davis doing the call-outs, there's simply no way that he would say the lines the same way, with the same inflections, after 30 years. I hope that most people understand just how special it is that Endprodukt got Warren Davis at all.
The music is what I'm most excited about though. Maybe the clips are gone but the work in progress posted was pretty amazing. You got Endproduckt playing stuff live that wasn't even recorded live in the first place! And the quality of the sounds far surpasses the type of sounds they used with the original. Objectively speaking, it sounds leagues better.
On a side note, my suspicion is that "Howdy Wet" is a sample on the chip but it's just not utilized in the game program.

It's crazy to think that I started 5 years ago.

I think you are right with everything you say. This is a homage. A pretty accurate, but not a 1 to 1 copy. However, accuracy is always a huge factor for me because I love the original sounds.

Saying that, I'm a huge fan of Chris Granner and I'm very very lucky he is such a supportive person. Actually he was always the one encouraging me to not only copy him, but to put some of my own twist into the work I do.

Btw I can just confirm that Warren Davis is going to do another run of Wet Willy quotes as no one has ever heard them before. This is always a big part of my mixes and I hope you will not be disappointed.

I'm open for inspiration when in comes to quotes but they really need to fit the character.

Keep in paddling, partner!

#716 4 years ago

Great to hear!! Thanks for the update.

#717 4 years ago

Wife: The credit card bill just showed up do you know anything about this $370 charge to someone named pinsound?
Me: Honey you know that $400 new purse you were talking about the other day, I really think you should go get it and treat yourself.

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

The music as you heard it in my examples is still not done and will probably not be done for quite some time

But... all of the positive feedback that you're receiving here is driving you to get it all done at a much higher rate of speed

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

But... all of the positive feedback that you're receiving here is driving you to get it all done at a much higher rate of speed

The fact I spent 40 hours now on SFX and remastering is a good sign, my friend. But you know, never make promises you cannot keept. It's something that happens way to often in the pinball scene.

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

The fact I spent 40 hours now on SFX and remastering is a good sign, my friend. But you know, never make promises you cannot keept. It's something that happens way to often in the pinball scene.

Sure does that is for sure. However it seems as though you have been re-energized on this project and I am very pleased with your progress up to this point. Keep up the good work all of us are looking forward to this project coming to a close and massively upgrading our machines.

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Btw I can just confirm that Warren Davis is going to do another run of Wet Willy quotes as no one has ever heard them before.

Wow - cant wait to see what he comes up with

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I think you are right with everything you say. This is a homage. A pretty accurate, but not a 1 to 1 copy. However, accuracy is always a huge factor for me because I love the original sounds.
Saying that, I'm a huge fan of Chris Granner and I'm very very lucky he is such a supportive person. Actually he was always the one encouraging me to not only copy him, but to put some of my own twist into the work I do.
Btw I can just confirm that Warren Davis is going to do another run of Wet Willy quotes as no one has ever heard them before. This is always a big part of my mixes and I hope you will not be disappointed.
I'm open for inspiration when in comes to quotes but they really need to fit the character.

This is awesome, been waiting so long! Gonna submit a few quotes...

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Just wondering if you intend to post some of the quotes you are accepting to put into the mox or if it will all be a surprise?

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Just wondering if you intend to post some of the quotes you are accepting to put into the mox or if it will all be a surprise?

I think surprises are neat!

#725 4 years ago

Wow good work on this

#726 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Hey as long as your still doing it and making progress I don't care if it's all a surprise. Now quit posting and get back to work on this

#727 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Hey is there a beer fund or someplace we can send tokens of appreciation?

#728 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Hey is there a beer fund or someplace we can send tokens of appreciation?

Sure mate, if you feel like donating you can use this link! Every support, financial or mental, is much appreciated!

https://www.paypal.me/olivercarell

1 week later
#729 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Dear White Water fans.
I have news. I would call them good news.
All SFX and speech samples have been succesfully replaced to my satisfaction. I'm actually fine tuning them now. (Stereo panning and volume)
The music as you heard it in my examples is still not done and will probably not be done for quite some time...BUT:
I will release the package with a completely restored music set and my personal shaker profile.
I used state of the art compressors, limiters, equalizers and restoring tools to make the original soundtrack sound deeper, more punchy and clearer. It's stereo enhanced (not true stereo but wider), harsh frequencies have been dynamicaly removed while missing topend has been reintroduced with complex audio restoration. All in all I would call it a more HiFi version of the original that fades in with all the new sounds very naturally.
To me as an audiophile idiot the restoration is a night and day difference. It really needs a stereo update with good speakers to open it's full potential, though. Also the sfx makes heavy use of stereo panning.
When and how this package is going to be released has yet to be announced.
This is not 100% what you all have been waiting for, but believe me that it sounds fantastic. Having Warren Davis as the original Wet Willie alone is worth a ton.
I'm very sorry you all had to wait for so long.
A little something:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tlbm2nhunpjslj/howdy%20wet.wav?dl=0

Hi. As there is no music out yet for download I decided to give it a try for myself.

I have two track left to reorchetrate and a couple of tracks a friend of me is going to make some guitars for.

Please send me the sfx folder, then we can merge my music with your sfx and callouts. At least until your music is finished.

Here is a sample from my soundtrack.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ml8d2cdic6vdjvm/raft16.mp3?dl=0

#730 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Hi. As there is no music out yet for download I decided to give it a try for myself.
I have two track left to reorchetrate and a couple of tracks a friend of me is going to make some guitars for.
Please send me the sfx folder, then we can merge my music with your sfx and callouts. At least until your music is finished.

Wow, so different styles and choices of music for personalized mixes? Nice!

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Wow! That sounds really great!

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Nice work.

As of now I cannot give you any files. It's not yet decided how they will be released to also not have copyright discussions.

What did you use to make them?

Making the music for this is a shit ton of work with real instruments. One day...

#733 4 years ago

To make this?? Just a couple of synthesizers, Korg Triton, Roland XV5080, Korg TR and a Sound Canvas 88

The whole soundtrack is built on a couple of tracks that is built around each other. Every raft/main song is the same exept some instrument add on and some minor adjustment in base/drums. But when you came up to the end things get very fast and there is a lot going on. The last wet willie song for example is crazy.

I try to listen to the original song in FL studio at a very slow rate, as low as 40BPM and try to pinpoint each note for each instrument and the rev it up to original speed, like 114 or 140BPM. Time consuming, yes. But I think it will make a big difference to the game. I started this project i december 2019. It was way more than I thought at the start.

Nice to hear you like it.

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

To make this?? Just a couple of synthesizers, Korg Triton, Roland XV5080, Korg TR and a Sound Canvas 88
The whole soundtrack is built on a couple of tracks that is built around each other. Every raft/main song is the same exept some instrument add on and some minor adjustment in base/drums. But when you came up to the end things get very fast and there is a lot going on. The last wet willie song for example is crazy.
I try to listen to the original song in FL studio at a very slow rate, as low as 40BPM and try to pinpoint each note for each instrument and the rev it up to original speed, like 114 or 140BPM. Time consuming, yes. But I think it will make a big difference to the game. I started this project i december 2019. It was way more than I thought at the start.
Nice to hear you like it.

I'm not a musician so bear with me... Is the primary song stored as a midi-like file such that it would easy for someone capable to change instruments and adjust the overall mood of things? A metal version!? If so, would be neat to swap between different versions with pinsound.

#735 4 years ago

Dont know how the original sound is stored in the rom-file. But one thing for sure. They didnt have memory to store songs in 2 minutes chunks. Some midi-like system to play the songs is a must I think.

I will not make a metal version. I just think the original songs used a guitar-like sound in some way. But there is a lot of banjo and other stuff.

#736 4 years ago

Jakusu realised his without problem .
Keep up the good fight.
Would love sgragrs music with jakusus callouts.

#737 4 years ago

Hey this is great. The more people we have on this the better in my mind. Now with multiple people offering their services maybe this will be a tandem effort. Great work so far keep up the great work both of you and anyone else who wants to jump in for that matter.

#738 4 years ago

Same way I do it except I'm using real instruments and vsti. Not doing metal either haha

Whirlpool demands some more aggressive guitars.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/04een9pjv676hnj/wh2o%20dingens.mp3?dl=0
This is my attempts to bluegrass...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y19ld305su7pe7a/wh2o%20bluegrass.mp3?dl=0

And finally having the one and only Warren Davis

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bxzxhztztc4vld/Welcome%20To%20Wet%20Willys.wav?dl=0

80 percent of the songs are done but I'm standing in my own way with a standard so high it's hard to achieve without transcription.

Btw... The original boards played the songs on the internal soundchip in real time with code. No midi. No storage.

#739 4 years ago

That is really good, going to be great!

#740 4 years ago

Do you think Wet Willy was supposed to be a adult joke ?

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Do you think Wet Willy was supposed to be a adult joke ?

What do you mean?

#742 4 years ago

Willy is slang for a penis in many places.

#743 4 years ago

Seriously?

1) The guy's name is Willy, and he's wet because he's a whitewater rafting dude.
2) https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wet%20willy

Dicks have nothing to do with this, other than adding a small bit to the original definition (see 2 above).

#744 4 years ago

wet-willy. Noun. (plural wet willies) (slang) A prank whereby a saliva-moistened finger is inserted into an unsuspecting person's ear, often with a slight twisting motion.

#745 4 years ago

Boys will be boys.

#746 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

80 percent of the songs are done ...

Wow! Love what you've done so far.

Fantastic work!

#747 4 years ago

Here we go:

I look for two people who KNOW THE MACHINE INSIDE OUT to test my current mix.

You need to know the sounds, you need to have a fine ear.

TWO PEOPLE ONLY. You cannot share the mix, but you can keep it. Don't PM me! Just write here. Have some time. let me know. Awesome!

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Here we go:
TWO PEOPLE ONLY. You cannot share the mix, but you can keep it. Don't PM me! Just write here. Have some time. let me know. Awesome!

I'm willing to put my hand up. I have the game and a PinSound board to install. Whitewater is my favorite game, have owned it for many years and I'm very familiar with the music and speech in the game.

#749 4 years ago

I’m a musician myself. I’ve played professionally for a few years, and I have an intimate knowledge of white water. I’ll give it a listen for you and critique it, if you’ll allow it.

Note: I don’t have a Pinsound board, so if you’re looking for an in-game tester, I’m not your guy. However, if you want someone who will nitpick the audio itself, please let me know. I’d love to do it for you.

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Here we go:

I love the game and can't wait to test this mix, but alas, I don't have the ears you seek. I won't notice if sounds are missing or played improperly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lockport, NY
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.