hELLS_YEAH_(resized).png
warren-davis-1_7_(resized).jpg
Attach20845_20160211_211256_(resized).jpg
rick-big-picture.jpg
20150411_165544.jpg
pps-1.jpg
scroogemcduck.jpg
lucifer-1.jpg
There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.
#601 6 years ago

Yes! I just fully restored one. This is the cherry on top I've been waiting for! Thanks for your efforts!

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Forgive me if this has been mentioned recently, but do you mean an official release through PPS or just a private release to yourself due to copyright issues (which really should have no bearing considering it's not a derivative work)?

Sad act

#603 6 years ago

I can't go into any detail about how this will be available to the public BUT it will be available to the public.

Man, my machine is almost done. Just a few tweaks here and there and I should be ready to go. I checked my cubase project yesterday and I realized that I finished much more than I thought. Yay. BUT my home is a mess now, I need to get the machine up and running, I need to get back into the work with this but I'm motivated.

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-22 at 23.26.40 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-03-22 at 23.26.40 (resized).jpeg

#604 6 years ago

Here is my work in progress. You can hear bigfoot and girl callouts in this clip.

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Here is my work in progress. You can hear bigfoot and girl callouts in this clip.

Boys of Summer huh?

#606 6 years ago

Maybe. Its a hard machine to pick music for and I'm finding it difficult which is why its taking a while - it lends itself to hillbilly but too much banjo is a bit sickening for me.

Currnetly trying instrumental versions of ride like the wind, boys of summer, dumb things, dueling banjos, Thunderstruck blue grass version.

Any music suggestions welcome!

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Maybe. Its a hard machine to pick music for and I'm finding it difficult which is why its taking a while - it lends itself to hillbilly but too much banjo is a bit sickening for me.
Currnetly trying instrumental versions of ride like the wind, boys of summer, dumb things, dueling banjos, Thunderstruck blue grass version.
Any music suggestions welcome!

I like it but wh2o is the pin with some of the best original music out there imho. Having Warren Davis as Wet Willies original voice is very important to me, too.

Great work and it's always cool to have options!

#608 6 years ago

Great to see the work! I am working on getting a WH2O soon. So time to invest again in Pinsound and a colordmd

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I like it but wh2o is the pin with some of the best original music out there imho. Having Warren Davis as Wet Willies original voice is very important to me, too.
Great work and it's always cool to have options!

Yep, the building music is great. By the time you're in the upper raft levels and the tempo is picked up it's hard not to get sucked in. I also love how stripped down the music is when you first start a game.

Here's the MIDI groove extraction thing I was talking about (he starts talking about it at 5:29 in the video)

This is the video where he really starts MIDI note extraction to make up for the fact that he couldn't find a keyboard player.

So basically, you could use note extraction on the original soundtrack to extract the notes, and then replace the sounds with your own MIDI instrument so that the notes are the same but the instruments sounds are updated with better quality sounds.

#610 6 years ago

Can someone tell me where I can get a game rom?

#611 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can someone tell me where I can get a game rom?

Like this from Meloyelo51 ?

https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/white-water-pinball-cpu-rom-l-5-u6-bally-williams-eprom/

He's up in Fredericksburg, it'll get to you quick!

#612 6 years ago

So happy to hear this Ollie. Music to my ears!!

#614 6 years ago

Doing a little restore.

IMG_20180323_042904_101 (resized).jpgIMG_20180323_042904_101 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#615 6 years ago

My machine is back together and works pretty fine. I started working on a lot of SFX, finally fnished a folder structure that is 100% like the original machine and did some sorting etc. to see how much work is left.

Working on the SFX I usually replaced everything on IJ and T2 but will not do that on every single sample on WH2O. I will rather enhance them. Reason is that most of them are basicaly blips, doings, dings coupled with a water sound. Why replace blips, doings and dings with other blips, doings and dings? I will EQ them, I will stereo enhance them, and then I will focus on the water sounds and mix them with HQ water samples. Good times.

#616 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Yep, the building music is great. By the time you're in the upper raft levels and the tempo is picked up it's hard not to get sucked in. I also love how stripped down the music is when you first start a game.
Here's the MIDI groove extraction thing I was talking about (he starts talking about it at 5:29 in the video)
» YouTube video
This is the video where he really starts MIDI note extraction to make up for the fact that he couldn't find a keyboard player.
» YouTube video
So basically, you could use note extraction on the original soundtrack to extract the notes, and then replace the sounds with your own MIDI instrument so that the notes are the same but the instruments sounds are updated with better quality sounds.

This will not work on the 8 bit mono material I'm using, besides it's the feature of a whole DAW that I don't own. It sounds really experimental in that video. It could help but it looks like it's more work actually.

I feel like I need to get some help on those screaming parts. Anyone in getting a crowd and doing a few cheering/panicking screams? You would need about 6 persons for this and at least 2 females.

1 week later
#617 6 years ago

Just a bump of encouragement! Can't wait to hear the final version even if it takes a long time.

#618 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Just a bump of encouragement! Can't wait to hear the final version even if it takes a long time.

Working on it. Took a break from the music and looking on the sfx which is a lot of fun.

1 week later
#619 6 years ago

Glad you decided to revisit this project. You have many people waiting in anticipation.

#620 5 years ago

Fantastic news! I have restored my WW over the last 6 months and this would be the icing on top.. =)

Let me know how to donate..

/Stefan

#621 5 years ago

Ok I have pretty much finished my first mix which can always be tweaked to your liking. I will send it to the pinsound guys to upload.

First mix is the Hillbilly mix. I will also upload all original sounds but with remastered vocals by a vocal actor I had done here locally.
I then tweaked all of the new vocal samples to my own liking. This cost me a lot of time and money but I am not asking for any in return.
I have already shared the files with a couple of friends.

What I do ask though is you do not use my mixes or parts there of in any way and then on charge any people. That will p me off.
This mod is supposed to be community based and I have enjoyed great mixes from others and also support from the pinsound team so lets keep the mixes free for all to contribute and customise.

If anyone wants a direct copy of my mix just send me an pm with your contact details.

I have had a few issues with the mod on this particular machine and I believe a firmware update will be coming soon.

cheers from down under....

#622 5 years ago

Wow! Thats great news from down under!!! Thanks so much )

#623 5 years ago

That’s great news and bad. Now I have to shell out the bucks for a pin sound board

2 months later
#624 5 years ago

Played a friend’s IJ this past weekend with the reorchestration - simply amazing.

Here’s a hopeful bump for WW.

#625 5 years ago

Every time I turn on WW I think of this mix and what it will be...

4 weeks later
#626 5 years ago

Are there any custom pinsound packages for White Water completed? (by Endprodukt or others?) Would love to test one out if there are links to downloadable packages. Thanks guys.

1 month later
#627 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Are there any custom pinsound packages for White Water completed? (by endprodukt or others?) Would love to test one out if there are links to downloadable packages. Thanks guys.

I'm testing this pinsound package at the moment: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/26-white-water/

#628 5 years ago

What did you think about it?

#629 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

What did you think about it?

I don't think this is EndProdukt's mix? It's the legacy sounds with re-recorded callouts but it doesn't say who by. They might be the new ones from Warren Davis but I don't think so.

#630 5 years ago

anytime I see a new post in this thread I just hope that its Endprodukt releasing his reorchestration!

#631 5 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

anytime I see a new post in this thread I just hope that its Endprodukt releasing his reorchestration!

Yeah me too! We've been waiting a long time for this release. I even donated to help and support his efforts. Fingers crossed.

3 weeks later
#632 5 years ago

Anticipation, anticipation …

…bump

1 month later
#633 5 years ago

Just read this whole thread at work tonight!
What a drama of ups and downs.
Glad a resolution came to pass with PPS and Pinsound.
Time will tell, but maybe in future Ollie will have some time to finish this in the New Year.

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Just read this whole thread at work tonight!
What a drama of ups and downs.
Glad a resolution came to pass with PPS and Pinsound.
Time will tell, but maybe in future Ollie will have some time to finish this in the New Year.

Plus one for the finish

1 week later
#635 5 years ago

Should be released before the end of the year.

#636 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Really? You have inside knowledge or just speculation?

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Really? You have inside knowledge or just speculation?

Just a hunch....

#638 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Just a hunch....

I hope your hunch is right.... been waiting for so many years

1 week later
#639 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

seriously? who did it?

I know I know. You guys want this. Me too. But honestly, it's not a priority for a very long time now. It's not abandoned and I feel bad about it whenever it hits my mind because I want you guys to enjoy this as much as I would. There is just so many things in life that are so much more important than pinball.

This isn't dead. I'm not dead. I'm just taking priorities in life, looking at my 4 years old girl growing up because honestly I don't want to be the dad who can say that he made a WH2O reorchestration but missed his girl grow up. The way I do it, it's much much more work than many think.

When I did T2 and IJ I wasn't a father. Don't feel let down. This is in my mind and I still want to deliver one day, not making promises though.

I hope you all have a merry christmas!

#640 5 years ago

Hey Olli,

how about releasing just the new Warren Davis voice-over? That would be a cool improvement over the stock samples.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Cheers!!

#641 5 years ago

Actually, the worst part of the audio for me is the "crashing wave" sounds. It really is just barely one step up from static.
I don't really have any issue with the existing voice clips.

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Actually, the worst part of the audio for me is the "crashing wave" sounds. It really is just barely one step up from static.
I don't really have any issue with the existing voice clips.

I’ve never noticed that.

For me, it’s the “Boulder Bash” mode call outs.

#643 5 years ago

Not even joking...it took me almost a year to figure out the girl was saying "multi millions".....lol. Always thought she was saying 14 million.

#644 5 years ago

Worst sound for me.is the upper vuk, that whistle , mostly because it goes up there a lot.

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Worst sound for me.is the upper vuk, that whistle , mostly because it goes up there a lot.

Wow, I wasn't aware anyone could hate that sound. That's my favorite sound in all pinball! I even have that set as the text notification sound on my phone.

2 weeks later
#646 5 years ago

New to the thread! This sounds like it will be great.

Are you able to breakdown the progress so far. Is it for example 80% done? Would it help to outsource the completion of it so you have free time for family?

It seems that it's kind of a stopping point for any new development, as this one is nearing completion, but if you believe that this is more years away, perhaps it's smart for another Community project to add to the options at Pinsound - many games have multiple downloads available.

Anyway, hopefully you find some time - like you say, no pressure - just gauging what the progress is - I work in film and TV and could begin looking into this if you are feeling it may be hard to complete.

Thanks mate!

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Wow, I wasn't aware anyone could hate that sound. That's my favorite sound in all pinball! I even have that set as the text notification sound on my phone.

Any way you can share that sound clip?

#648 5 years ago

Thanks for your continued work on this. I check in on it about once per year and as long as it's not dead, I'm happy. When it's available, I'll gladly update my machine.

1 week later
#649 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Any way you can share that sound clip?

The Pinsound forums have downloads for all the original audio from compatible games. You'll need to create an account to download them, but it's definitely worth it to grab some great sounds and music!

#650 5 years ago

Man every time I see an update to this my heart skips a beat...

We should have a theoretical poll - a replacement topper or Olli's reorchestration. I know where my vote would go

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis/page/13?hl=zene10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.