hELLS_YEAH_(resized).png
warren-davis-1_7_(resized).jpg
Attach20845_20160211_211256_(resized).jpg
rick-big-picture.jpg
20150411_165544.jpg
pps-1.jpg
scroogemcduck.jpg
lucifer-1.jpg
There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

You don't happen to be a top notch guitarist?

Nope, sorry. But let me know if you need any further piano/keys work. Happy to help you finish this baby!

#502 7 years ago

My Bigfoot is so excited and crazy to wait for shooting the ball with this new pinsound release !

IMG_1087_(resized).JPGIMG_1087_(resized).JPG

#503 7 years ago

That YouTube video you posted really reminds me of DuckTales Remastered. Gave me chills, it was so good. Especially with those "big band brass" sounds you have that ring out at the end of the cadence.

To anyone who has ever owned an NES in their life probably played DuckTales, and knew just how just how damned fantastic the 8-bit soundtrack was on that game, and when Wayforward and Capcom announced that they were jointly remastering the game, people were more concerned with how well they'd re-orchestrate everything than the actual gameplay--most notably the moon theme, which is arguably the most popular tune on the OST.

I am so freaking excited this project is continuing. Again, thanks for you hard work Endprodukt!

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I am so freaking excited this project is continuing. Again, thanks for you hard work Endprodukt!

Also super excited for this. From what I've heard so far it sounds great!

#505 7 years ago

Wow, that takes talent and work to get that far. Keep it up!!

#506 7 years ago

Dude, his work on JP is amazing. Hope I am not hi-jacking a thread or putting something out there I am not supposed to. This was just beyond wow. Do this re-orchestration as well as winteriscoming's TREX mod and you will have a JP everyone walks away from going "THAT...was awesome..."

#507 7 years ago

I really need to finish that jp reorchestration....
Thanks for the kind words. Kinda lost in real life atm.

#508 7 years ago

Last night I actually prayed that you release this Endprodukt. It would mean me buying a PinSound, and a speaker upgrade kit and I know that would eventually lead to a ColorDMD.

Tonight I'll pray that you don't release it.

#509 7 years ago

Just got a whitewater a couple of months ago.
Looking forward the the complete sound package.
Great work so far.

#510 7 years ago

Dudes... until now there is no solution for a release. Jjust to make that clear so for now don't get a board for this and please please don't ask me for the mix in pm's. I'm not going to release this without permission from Williams and/or PPS.

#511 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Dudes... until now there is no solution for a release. Jjust to make that clear so for now don't get a board for this and please please don't ask me for the mix in pm's. I'm not going to release this without permission from Williams and/or PPS.

Sorry to hear that.
Still looking forward to hearing the finished product whenever we can.

2 weeks later
#512 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Great job but what a pity you cannot share it

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

It's a shame how petty and greedy PPS is being about this entire thing.

Has anyone even seen the documentation proving they own the copyrights? There isn't any mention of them in the US Copyright Office database.

#514 7 years ago

I have not lost hope!

#515 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I think he can share it, but can't make $$$ without paying a royalty.

I say charge $10 and give PPS their $1 royalty. That may not work since electronic -- however will Rick attach his hologram to an IP download??? LOL.

Of course, we're all free to donate more if we want to 'tip' the author...

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

I think he can share it, but can't make $$$ without paying a royalty.

Nope. Mr. Greedy Pants from PPS said that because Pinsound would be making money he was going to continue to be a money grubbing \InsertWhateverYouWantHere\.

#517 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Nope. Mr. Greedy Pants from PPS said that because Pinsound would be making money he was going to continue to be a money grubbing \InsertWhateverYouWantHere\.

That dumb. If there was no Pinsound then this whole project would be useless. If it wasn't for Pinsound then there would be no royalty to collect.

1 week later
#518 7 years ago

Can you add in sounds where there was none before?
eg the inlane roll over switches have no sfx in WH20 (i think)

#519 7 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Can you add in sounds where there was none before?
eg the inlane roll over switches have no sfx in WH20 (i think)

No, I'm afraid not. You need a cpu call to do that.

1 week later
#520 7 years ago

I guess it's almost impossible to produce software like this so that PPS would be happy it won't go viral and they can be assured everyone pays for a sound file.
Is it possible or practicle to develop a keyed software/hardware file that would give them more confidence in security of Bullshit License!

#521 7 years ago

My WH20 is more than 23 (Duh) years old and no longer has the Patent Numbers on the back of the machine....you can trust me I will keep said files for me only or anyone else who paints over there proprietary crappy built Cabinet....... I promise fingers crossed & hope to die and all that stuff...and just for those God fearing PPS American's I will even put my hand on the bible and sware all sorts of 4 letter words at them.

Whadya reckon that should do the trick.

Knowing the American Corporate Greed like we all do GFC and the like, they will try and sue me for painting over the Patents. I say do Dark Net and Screw them right back!

#522 7 years ago

Copyright protection is for a limited term. For works created after January 1, 1978, copyrights last for 70 years after the death of the author. For works "made for hire" (covering the usual type of work owned by a small business), the copyright lasts for a term of 95 years from the year of its first publication or a term of 120 years from the year of its creation, whichever expires first. For more detailed explanation of copyright terms, visit the Copyright Office webpage or consult this guide on Duration of Copyright provided by the Copyright Office.
A trade secret can be protected indefinitely as long as the secret is commercially valuable, its value derives from the fact that it is secret, and the owner take reasonable precautions to maintain its secrecy.

Williams did that with the CPU Board.....They did no such thing for the sound board. Williams/PPS never went after the chinese for making repro DMD boards, gutless bastards!!!!!!!!!!

SO i Guess in another 70 odd years your grandkids can finally release all your hard work.

1 week later
#523 7 years ago

Still completely Mental - Come on Rick, Sort something out - there MUST be some way in which this incredible enhancement can be "licenced" for all to enjoy.... Endprodukt has done (and is doing) an incredible job here for the pinball community as a whole - There has to be some way that a mutual agreement can be reached here!

#524 7 years ago

PPS needs to leave this set of recordings alone.
We have waited too long to improve this game's music to proper quality and reorchestration.

#525 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

We have waited too long to improve this game's music to proper quality and reorchestration.

Since owning the game, I've noticed that I play pretty much only to advance the rafts just to hear the music progression. It's honestly one of the classiest bits of pinball music out there.

#526 7 years ago

Licensing to one side Rick needs to look himself in the mirror and ask if this selfless labour of love is good for pinball.

#527 7 years ago

good things will come to those who wait ...

#528 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Thanks for that Rick, your working on it.

#529 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Thank you for this Rick PPS. Could all the naysayers please be patient. Getting all the paperwork together takes time.

#530 7 years ago

It may take a long time ... but we will see if we can speed things up tonite ...

#531 7 years ago

Thanks for chiming in Rick!

#532 7 years ago

Good to hear, Rick. Hopefully, both sides can make a deal and benefit the entire community. This is huge.

#533 7 years ago

Good man Rick, please find a way.

#534 7 years ago

Oh man, I just sold my White Water, so now I need to drain this topic to not get seller's remorse...

#536 7 years ago

1avewk.jpg1avewk.jpg

Perhaps a little sample of "raft 20" with that rocking piano bit? (If it isn't too much to ask).

#537 7 years ago

Told you guys. BUT... just to let you know: I heard of this today. Don't expect anything from my side soon and I have no idea under which circumstances or price this will be going out to you. I have also no idea how this affects my old mixes and/or mixes with scores from movies.

I'm waiting on my playfield and hope to reassemble my machine soon. The way I see it...as soon as I start playing it again, I want it to sound better so... let's see

#538 7 years ago

Endprodukt... i hope you get a nice kick back from the extra sales pinsound is about to get. Your work on WH20 is amazing and hopefully i can jam out to your tunes while playing mine!!

#539 7 years ago

I really hope this is great news.

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

Endprodukt... i hope you get a nice kick back from the extra sales pinsound is about to get. Your work on WH20 is amazing and hopefully i can jam out to your tunes while playing mine!!

I agree. I'm basically waiting on the reorchestration for WH2O to be permitted and my order for a PinSound will be placed.

#541 7 years ago

Does this mean we can hear some of the samples? This alone could make me buy a pinsound board!

#542 7 years ago

Re-orchestration of WMS/BLY is 'ok' with us for PinSound compatible sound files. So we no issues with White Water ...

#543 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Re-orchestration of WMS/BLY is 'ok' with us for PinSound compatible sound files. So we no issues with White Water ...

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Told you guys. BUT... just to let you know: I heard of this today. Don't expect anything from my side soon and I have no idea under which circumstances or price this will be going out to you. I have also no idea how this affects my old mixes and/or mixes with scores from movies.
I'm waiting on my playfield and hope to reassemble my machine soon. The way I see it...as soon as I start playing it again, I want it to sound better so... let's see

Just wanted to say "thanks" again for keeping with this. I only have enough chops in the production area to know that White Water is a MASSIVE undertaking and your work on it thus far has been unrivaled! Cheers to you good sir!

#545 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Wha? Well that was fast! Thank you!

My wallet on the other hand does not thank you.

#546 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Wha? Well that was fast! Thank you!
My wallet on the other hand does not thank you.

lol

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Just wanted to say "thanks" again for keeping with this. I only have enough chops in the production area to know that White Water is a MASSIVE undertaking and your work on it thus far has been unrivaled! Cheers to you good sir!

It's indeed massive. Even ij was pretty much a joke against the masses of tracks that wh2o has. This needs a lot of time and patience... please keep in mind that I'm doing this in my spare time. I'm glad that pps and pinsound found a solution.

#548 7 years ago

LIKE!!! Happy I sponsored you to continue neighbour! Keep up the spirit

#549 7 years ago

Good news, thank you !!

#550 7 years ago

I have been following this thread for a while, and have held off on ordering any Pinsound PCB's strickly because of the issues EndProdukt was encountering from rights holders. Now that the Pinsound/PPS deal is in place and Rick has given his blessing to EndProdukt I'm placing an order for a bunch of Pinsound's. The work being done on this project is unbelievably impressive, and looking forward to following along until it's complete.

D

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

17,250 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis/page/11?hl=wh20_buzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.