hELLS_YEAH_(resized).png
warren-davis-1_7_(resized).jpg
Attach20845_20160211_211256_(resized).jpg
rick-big-picture.jpg
20150411_165544.jpg
pps-1.jpg
scroogemcduck.jpg
lucifer-1.jpg
There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
#451 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

hey rubberducks, just for info I've started a new mix of CFTBL. See the last page of the Pinsound reviews thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/14#post-3004199

It sounds good. The issue I think though is that the lyrics of the songs obscure the callouts or make interuptions less seemless, hence why I said 'select vocals' (from the songs) in my above post. I suspect instrumental versions would suit far better, and at a slightly lower volume relative to callouts and sound effects. But the basic improvement in aural fidelity is awesome ... I like 16bit music, but I'm really not very fond of the 16bit reorchestrations in CftBL. 16bit music is never going to be that 'rich' or varied for plainly obvious reasons, but I really find some of it in CftBL very empty and I quickly tire of it.

3 months later
#452 7 years ago

If anybody still cares...I'm working on it again.

#453 7 years ago

I care and want the end product!

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I care and want the Endprodukt!

Fixed it for you.

#455 7 years ago

Of course we care! Still very excited

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Looking forward to your progress!

#457 7 years ago

Waiting with loads of patience

#458 7 years ago

Nice!!!!!

#459 7 years ago

I REALLY care , good luck with your efforts once again!

#460 7 years ago

Great news to hear you are back working on it. Really looking forward to the end result. One of my favorite games that will be so much better once this project is complete.

#461 7 years ago

Patiently waiting for this amazing project to be finished and truly appreciate your efforts.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#462 7 years ago

If I owned any of the machines that there was a build for.....

#463 7 years ago

Here stateside cheering you and your amazing project on!

#464 7 years ago

Keep working on it. I met the guy who did the original sound direction for the game and he was great to talk to. I will try to post a picture when I am on my PC.

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

All of your work is greatly appreciated. Amazing stuff you put together. I don't even want to imagine how much spare time you put into it. IJ still turns heads when people come over and realize the sounds have been changed.

#466 7 years ago

This is great news!!!

#467 7 years ago

Thanks guys. We still have to figure out if there will be a way to somehow get this to the people.

In the meantime I scratch my head about Granners craziness as a composer. T2 and IJ both have been a JOKE against what Granner did with WH2O and I think the work needed to get this right is far beyond the others so don't expect anything too soon yet.

So where is this now?

- Wet Willy is done (by the original voice, Warren Davis)
- Blondie Girl is done (by Tammy Tuckey)
- all Drums are done
- 30%-40% guitars are done
- 80% bass is done
- maybe 15% SFX

There are some instruments that are practicaly impossible to get right in the virtual domain (Steel Guitar) but I will try my best. The problem is that none of these tracks are meant to be played by real musicians and while there is playable content I think most of it would be impossible to play on a real instrument.

I'll keep you updated.

I'm finishing the Bass now.

#468 7 years ago

Great to hear. Waiting patiently.

#469 7 years ago

Who is the Blondie Girl character? First time I've heard of her.

#470 7 years ago

Tammy Tuckey, is that Todd's daughter... the "I've got a flash light" voice ?

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Tammy Tuckey, is that Todd's daughter... the "I've got a flash light" voice ?

Yup! Since she likes acting, she likes Disney (over the top characters), has a radio show and is a native speaker - she was just perfect for this job.

#472 7 years ago

Sweet! I was just wondering about this the other day.

I also figure it's probably time to make sure you got all the voice work needed! In tournament mode there is some dialogue that never shows up in home-mode. Notably the "Anybody got a light?" etc. for the first Lost Mine award that is not automatically spotted in tournament mode.

#473 7 years ago

Don't worry... I've got all the callouts.

Made HUGE HUGE HUGE HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE progress today. I hope that the motivation I have right now will stay a little.

Finished all the bass, organs and trumpets.

#474 7 years ago

Should make an alt track with some sleigh bells for the "snowy mountain" mod, haha.

#475 7 years ago

Party on!

Attach20845_20160211_211256_(resized).jpgAttach20845_20160211_211256_(resized).jpg

#476 7 years ago

Looking for a pianist to help me on one of the tunes. Rock 'n Roll Piano - it's just not my business. It's just like 15 seconds long and loops after that. What I need is an accurate midi.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2932654/raft_20___LEGACY__.wav

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Should make an alt track with some sleigh bells for the "snowy mountain" mod, haha.

I have no idea what the fascination is behind turning this game into a winter- or snow-based theme. It's white water rafting for god's sake.

The only thing I can think of is that it's modding taken way too far.

#478 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I have no idea what the fascination is behind turning this game into a winter- or snow-based theme. It's white water rafting for god's sake.

I have to agree. Sorry to everyone who has xmas white water.

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I played the snow mod at the NW pinball show and it was actually really nice-looking! The crisp white and the icy blue LEDs were really something, and I think the bigfoot was redressed to look like the snowman from Rudolph, which was cute. I just thought it would be funny to put a sleigh bell loop over the main play track for that mod.

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I have to agree. Sorry to everyone who has Christmas white water.

Don't be sorry. If they ruin their game it's their deal. I think it's utterly silly myself.

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I played the snow mod at the NW pinball show and it was actually really nice-looking! The crisp white and the icy blue LEDs were really something, and I think the bigfoot was redressed to look like the snowman from Rudolph, which was cute. I just thought it would be funny to put a sleigh bell loop over the main play track for that mod.

If they REALLY want to do this, they should update the playfield art then and replace the animals with winter themed ones. So odd that the playfield is summer-ish and the mountains are winter. Makes no sense to me.

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Looking for a pianist to help me on one of the tunes. Rock 'n Roll Piano - it's just not my business. It's just like 15 seconds long and loops after that. What I need is an accurate midi.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2932654/raft_20___LEGACY__.wav

I care too and am very interested in seeing this get done. Let me run this by a musician friend of mine and see if he can help. The only caveat is that if I ask him to put work into this, I want to see it released somehow, not hidden away due to copyright fears. Only a clueless ass would think they own the rights to reproduce sounds - it's like saying when a band performs cover songs at a party, the owner of the copyright song is paid. That simply isn't true - it's a reproduction, and does not use any of the original content - the use of which is what is protected by copyright - in any manner. Meaning if you used actual samples of the game in your work, that is what would be illegal.

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Only a clueless ass would think they own the rights to reproduce sounds - it's like saying when a band performs cover songs at a party, the owner of the copyright song is paid. That simply isn't true

Not the copyright holder but the songwriter is supposed to get paid. If a band plays a cover song in a bar, ASCAP/BMI will collect money.
May be different for a non commercial performance like a party, but I'm sure if those guys could figure out how to do it they'd be harassing people there for money as well.
And if you release a CD with a cover song on it you need to pay mechanical rights or something like that, I'm not sure it matters if you charge for it or not.

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Thanks guys. We still have to figure out if there will be a way to somehow get this to the people.
In the meantime I scratch my head about Granners craziness as a composer. T2 and IJ both have been a JOKE against what Granner did with WH2O and I think the work needed to get this right is far beyond the others so don't expect anything too soon yet.
So where is this now?
- Wet Willy is done (by the original voice, Warren Davis)
- Blondie Girl is done (by Tammy Tuckey)
- all Drums are done
- 30%-40% guitars are done
- 80% bass is done
- maybe 15% SFX
There are some instruments that are practicaly impossible to get right in the virtual domain (Steel Guitar) but I will try my best. The problem is that none of these tracks are meant to be played by real musicians and while there is playable content I think most of it would be impossible to play on a real instrument.
I'll keep you updated.
I'm finishing the Bass now.

Aaaaaaw... You forgot me as the voice (atleast one of them) as big foot. :'(

Anyway, glad to hear you're on it again.

#485 7 years ago

Definitely interested in this. Even with enhanced speakers, the sound is so compressed, it is distracting. Glad you are making progress.

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Looking for a pianist to help me on one of the tunes. Rock 'n Roll Pian

I'll do it for ya. PM me. I can tackle it (am a full-time music producer/musician)

#487 7 years ago

You folks are making me sick that I sold my (rather tired-looking but fully-functional WW) years ago rather than restoring it....

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I'm very sorry but I didn't use your samples. Davis did them in the end. Sorry again and thanks for your effort.

Quoted from seshpilot:

I'll do it for ya. PM me. I can tackle it (am a full-time music producer/musician)

I'm already halfway through. You don't happen to be a top notch guitarist?

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

And just to let you know: the quality of your samples are not the reason I've let them out. You did a great job. I just love having the original voice.

I'd love to have the original blonde girl, too. But as far as I know she isn't in that business anymore. Tammy did a great job.

I really hope we will all be able to enjoy this together.

#490 7 years ago

Great to hear this is gathering steam again!

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

And just to let you know: the quality of your samples are not the reason I've let them out. You did a great job. I just love having the original voice.
I'd love to have the original blonde girl, too. But as far as I know she isn't in that business anymore. Tammy did a great job.
I really hope we will all be able to enjoy this together.

No worries mate, I totally understand why you went with the original.

#492 7 years ago

Who rerecorded the original voice?

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Who rerecorded the original voice?

Well, that was Warren Davis who is the original voice of the game.

warren-davis-1_7_(resized).jpgwarren-davis-1_7_(resized).jpg

#494 7 years ago

Oh! Derp, forgot about him (it's in the thread title )

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Oh! Derp, forgot about him (it's in the thread title )

Haha, I'm a friendly guy so thought I just answer instead of making fun of you

#497 7 years ago

Big Like!!

#498 7 years ago

Hells Yeah!!

hELLS_YEAH_(resized).pnghELLS_YEAH_(resized).png

#499 7 years ago

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#500 7 years ago

Love the caption on the video. "Please don't sue me, Thx "

Keep fighting the good fight!

I wish I had the skills required to help this project...and I don't even own a WH2O.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 12.95
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis/page/10?hl=no_skill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.