• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1927 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Hi

I just received a beautiful all original "WHITE WATER" in unbelievable condition & shape, that has the home rom in it (LH6). I have some questions about it, that I do NOT think is normal, so I am looking for some help and advice. Do I NEED a DIFFERENT "sound chip" or is something else needed, to go ALONG with this home rom (LH6) programming?

1) When going through "DISASTER DROP" it will register that shot ... BUT ... there is NO sound when going through there at all. I thought it should say "DISASTER DROP"?

2) When making the "INSANITY FALLS" ramp shot, that will also register the shot ... BUT ... again, there is NO sound when going over the ramp at all. If I do make that "INSANITY FALLS" shot on my initial plunge shot and make that as the "skill" shot, it WILL say "INSANITY FALLS", but only on the skill shot, NOT at any other time.

3) When coming down the right inlane, it will ALWAYS say "MULTI MILLIONS" like it should ... BUT ... when I make that shot and YES, it is LIT "MULTI MILLIONS" (I know that it is a time based shot), it will only register 300,00 points.

Finally, is this the best ROM to use for WH2O, or should I be using the L5 version, or even a different version? I like having the river class bonus held option, the save ball option and the additional sound & light flashing show at the end of the game with the "HOME ROM". What do you think of my above problems and what ROM do most of you WH20 owners use? THANK YOU in advance. Take care!

Dan

#2 7 years ago

First thing I wonder is it really registering those shots? Those shots have an entry switch to the ramp...so when it trips that switch it makes an enter noise...but it sounds like it's not tripping the completed ramp switch.

complete these ramps in test mode and make sure it's firing 2 switches, not just ramp entry. Or just switch test the insanity falls ramp you can reach easily

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

First thing I wonder is it really registering those shots? Those shots have an entry switch to the ramp...so when it flips that switch it makes an enter noise...but it sounds like it's not fliping the completed ramp switch.
comlete these ramps in test mode and make sure it's firing 2 switches, not just ramp entry

THANKS for getting back to me. YES, when I make EITHER of those shots, I will look on the color DMD and it will show the animation and count that shot. Also, when I go to the "STATUS REPORT" before plunging my next ball, those ball counts ARE registering in there also.

#4 7 years ago

Oh...ha...ok lets talk audio. Really it should only say the name of the disaster if that disaster is a lit shot to advance the raft.
So see what it does when you advance rafts and one of those is an orange lit arrow.

EDIT: Now for the millions...it does not say millions on the DMD? just nothing? I mean that has to be a switch issue on that ramp?!?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh...ha...ok lets talk audio. Really it should opnly say the name of the diaster if that disaster is a lit shot

So the ONLY time it will say "DISASTER DROP" or "INSANITY FALLS" is if that shot is LIT, to advance the rafts ... otherwise there will be NO SOUND at all, just the animation on the DMD?

Is this with just the "home rom" or ANY rom for WH20?

#6 7 years ago

The law

On the "MILLIONS SHOT" ... it does NOT do ANY animations or show ANYTHING at all, it just scores 300,000 points on my score at that time.

#7 7 years ago

I imagine they are all the same that way but Don;t quote me. But yes...you hit insanity falls when it's NOT lit and it will just show an animation of the raft goign down it or somthing.

Quoted from DB62:

The law
On the "MILLIONS SHOT" ... it does NOT do ANY animations or show ANYTHING at all, it just scores 300,000 points on my score at that time.

And your SURE that ramp is registering...BOTH switches?

BOTH

#8 7 years ago

Did you make any progress with this?

#9 7 years ago

The multi millions shot is almost certainly the little switch hanging down in the ramp at the very top of the game just to the left of Bigfoot .
It is an easy switch to get out of alignment or even break out of its screw holes.
You will need to remove the large mountain plastic along the top to get to it

#10 7 years ago

The Law
You are correct on it only saying "DISASTER DROP" or
"INSANITY FALLS" if that hazard arrow is LIT. Is that also with the L5 rom?

Arcade
I detached BOTH my retina and macula in my left eye and only have about 2% vision in it, so it's hard for me to see these switches and my depth perception is way off ... plus I am not really skilled at ALL, in working on pins.

If I remove that long mountain on top, I will be able to see the switch easily? How will I know if it is bad? It does NOT show up defective in the test.

THANKS to both of you guys for helping out. Just curious as to which rom you guys are using for WH20?

#11 7 years ago

LH6 rom.

Quoted from DB62:

... plus I am not really skilled at ALL, in working on pins.
If I remove that long mountain on top, I will be able to see the switch easily? How will I know if it is bad? It does NOT show up defective in the test.

Well I think what arcade and I are getting at is it's a very simple chain of events we're working with.
Right inlane activates millions, you hit the shot and you get the millions, makes a sound effect and shows millions on DMD.
We know the inlane works because she says multi millions, but since it's not awarded when hitting the left ramp, basically the only thing left to be wrong is the switch not working correctly. That switch can be tricky I think...I'll try to post a pic when I get home

Just so we're on the same page, are you saying that switch works when you are in test mode, and you roll a ball up there?

#12 7 years ago

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

No rush, post it when you have the time, plus it's a Holiday weekend for you and your family. Take care.

#13 7 years ago

The Law

I have not done that yet, I meant it showed no errors on start up. When I go in test mode, do I go to switch test and roll the ball up and see if it registers?

I know there are DIFFERENT types of tests in the menu and don't know which actual one to use. Sorry for being un-knowledgable on this stuff, but I have a skilled service technician do all my repairs, but he won't be able to make it out my way for a little while yet. THANKS AGAIN!

#14 7 years ago

Here is a photo I took before I cleaned and shopped my game.
Not the best photo but it shows the switch in question.
It is at the very top of the photo.
When you remove the large mountain top with the 3 or 4 wood screws along the top you will be able to see this switch.
Check that no wires are loose.
Check that the screws are tight and that the switch is not flopping around.
If you know how. Put the game into switch test and activate the switch with your finger and make sure it beeps when pushed.
If it does. Great.
Now make sure it beeps when the ball activates it. If it does then you are in good shape.
Hope this helps some.
You may have to bend the arm of the switch down a bit to get it to register a hit from the ball.

IMG_1927 (resized).JPGIMG_1927 (resized).JPG

#15 7 years ago

Arcade

THANKS, I will try that tomorrow and report back to you guys. I'm out with my family and won't be home until later tonight. This definitely will help.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

The Law
I have not done that yet, I meant it showed no errors on start up. When I go in test mode, do I go to switch test and roll the ball up and see if it registers?

haha...Ok rookie; here's your first 2 lessons learned;
1. this game isn't gonna tell you jack shit! It's up to you to figure out what;s wrong.
2. Listen to what people tell you.

Arcade's info is going to come in handy in a minute....but we don;t need to take anyting off yet. You're going to enter the test menu/tests/#1 switch edge test
This is going to allow you to push the switches or roll the ball around and it will tell you what switches are being activated.
You're then going to take a ball, and roll it up the left ramp. Notice the game will beep once and tell you "left ramp entry(or)enter" happens. Thats the first switch at the base of the ramp. Notice how that's all it does? it SHOULD beep again right after that and say "Left ramp main" meaning the switch that arcade is showing us. That's going to the the problem most likely. 2 switches, one when yuo go in, one telling you it's been completed.

Quoted from TheLaw:

complete these ramps in test mode and make sure it's firing 2 switches, not just ramp entry.

Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean that has to be a switch issue on that ramp?!?

Quoted from TheLaw:

And your SURE that ramp is registering...BOTH switches?
BOTH

Quoted from Arcade:

The multi millions shot is almost certainly the little switch hanging down in the ramp at the very top of the game just to the left of Bigfoot .

#17 7 years ago

The Law

OK, I got it ... I will listen and try these tomorrow ...

It sounds even easy enough for me
THANKS!

#18 7 years ago

Keep us posted.
It will get fixed.
I can think of other things that may cause the problem with the switch, but no need to confuse anything until we have more info.
Good luck sir.

#19 7 years ago

OK guys ...

I went into the "TEST" mode under (T1 Switch Edges). I rolled the pinball over the switches and did NOT pick up the playfield and unscrew that top mountain piece, because I can't pick up anything over 5 pounds right now, because of my eye situation. The results were as follows:

The "RIGHT INLANE SWITCH" (Lites MULTI-MILLIONS) beeps/registers and shows as SWITCH#27 "RIGHT FLIP LANE"
Entering the "SPINE CHILLER RAMP" (1st Switch)(for MULTI-MILLIONS) beeps/registers and shows as SWITCH#46 "LEFT RAMP ENTER"
Going thru "SPINE CHILLER RAMP" (2nd Switch)(MULTI-MILLIONS) beeps/registers and shows as SWITCH#68 "DISASTER DROP ENTER"

I do NOT know if this matters at all, but I then went into "TEST" mode under (T2 Switch Levels). The results were:

It went through a continuous cycle on it's own, going through all the switches ... the ONLY one that "SHOWED UP ON THE DISPLAY" from above was SWITCH#68 "DISASTER DROP ENTER". There was NOTHING showing there, for SWITCH#27 & SWITCH#46 in this test at all.

I also now have a credit dot after "Free Play" with the following ERROR MESSAGES:
47 "RAPIDS ENTER"
48 "CANYON ENTRANCE"
By the way, BOTH of these SWITCHES #47 & #48 DO SHOW UP on the (T2 Switch Levels) test display.

Lastly in my long novel, when that "MULTI MILLIONS" shot is LIT and I make it ... it scores 50,000 points EVERYTIME, not 300,000
I don't know if that actually matters, but I thought I might as well mention it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-question-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.