Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

379.JPG
IMG_0231.JPG
image-200.jpg

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

The first 2 weren't bad, just needed a little tlc, well a lot of tlc, but they will look like new when done both are home use only. I just need to find a spare couple of days to clean them up.

Yeah I hear ya. I guess I just have too much anxiety to trust anything that I see on Ebay

#53 9 years ago

op, did you say where you are from?

#54 9 years ago

Where do you live? Maybe someone can help you out on the rest of your list for fair prices if they know where you live.

#55 9 years ago
#56 9 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I live in Indiana. Just north of Indianapolis.

Cool. I mean, I have only been in the hobby for a few months, but I see good deals pop up on Craigs in the Indy, Lexington, Louisville, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Dayton pretty regularly. Those are all doable drives for you IMO.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I live in Indiana. Just north of Indianapolis.

I know a guy looking to sell a HUO Tron LE with 300 plays. He also has arcade mod and light cycles but they are not installed. Local to Madison WI.

#58 9 years ago
#59 9 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I will have to start looking at craigslist. No more ebay. Part of the problem with ebay besides the above mentioned is the fees that sellers get charged. Ebay sales fee and paypal fees. I hear it can be 400 or 500 dollars in fees for a pin. I guess as a buyer those fees get transferred to me via high prices.

Yup. Check out Weirpinball. He is on here and has a website. He is in the Dayton area and has nice pins for sale. Plus, you can go see them before you buy.

#60 9 years ago
#61 9 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Do you know how much he's looking for?

$10K. I believe that is market on these right now. The game is perfect, has only been moved 10-15 feet from the spot he unboxed it from in his condo.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from spaceport:

I bought your first Whitewater. I've been enjoying it ever since

VERY cool. Do you still have my DiY topper, or did you go with a repro? I really thought I was onto something with that topper... wanted to backlight it with blue LEDs. Heck the waterfall effect is nice and all, but there's only so long you're going to stare at it...

Brian

#63 9 years ago

And just for the visual, here's what I was referring to. Back then there wasn't a repro stand-up piece, so I made one up with a piece of Lexan that I heated and bent, then mounted a decal from Treasure Cove. Backlit with maybe blinking blue LEDs would have been cool, but I never got around to that before selling it.

IMG_0231.JPGIMG_0231.JPG
#64 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

VERY cool. Do you still have my DiY topper, or did you go with a repro? I really thought I was onto something with that topper... wanted to backlight it with blue LEDs. Heck the waterfall effect is nice and all, but there's only so long you're going to stare at it...
Brian

Oh yeah I still have it. You did a great job. I never put it on though, the pin barely clears the basement ceiling without it. I don't know if you remember but I had to measure the game to make sure it would fit in my basement before I bought it. lol Next house needs a higher ceiling and larger overall space for a game room....

#65 9 years ago

OP, if the machine is not exactly as described in the ad you really should pursue it with eBay. I haven't had to do that in years, but my understanding is that eBay and PayPal are now strongly biased toward the buyer, so the seller will face a real risk if he doesn't work with you. The sticking point here will probably be shipping (since you arranged with NAVL and didn't pay through eBay, you probably cannot get any of that back). But still worth pushing if the seller flat-out lied about the condition of the machine. Of course your case isn't as good if he said "great condition" and you disagree, but if he said no broken plastics and there are broken plastics, that's clearly "item not as described" which is grounds for a refund.

#66 9 years ago

Yes - over paid. Live and learn.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I know a guy looking to sell a HUO TRON LE with 300 plays. He also has arcade mod and light cycles but they are not installed. Local to Madison WI.

tell Jones to get his butt on here and sell that damn thing himself

tell him to atleast have us over to play before he sells also...

#68 9 years ago
#69 9 years ago

If I understand OP hasn't even received the pin. The broken plastics thing is BS from the seller. Let's wait and see before scaring OP too much. Maybe everything else checks out.

#70 9 years ago

I paid $7800 for mine

NEVER buy on eBay. Too many good options here

#71 9 years ago
#72 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

OP, if the machine is not exactly as described in the ad you really should pursue it with eBay. I haven't had to do that in years, but my understanding is that eBay and PayPal are now strongly biased toward the buyer, so the seller will face a real risk if he doesn't work with you. The sticking point here will probably be shipping (since you arranged with NAVL and didn't pay through eBay, you probably cannot get any of that back). But still worth pushing if the seller flat-out lied about the condition of the machine. Of course your case isn't as good if he said "great condition" and you disagree, but if he said no broken inserts and there are broken inserts, that's clearly "item not as described" which is grounds for a refund.

I strongly agree with this.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

tell Jones to get his butt on here and sell that damn thing himself
tell him to atleast have us over to play before he sells also...

i am not giving up my commission. I'm also trying to avoid buying it myself.

#74 9 years ago
#75 9 years ago

Jon, you are getting a great pin. Don't worry, enjoy it. Look, it could be worse, you could be a degenerate gambler and just blow money on craps, whores, and booze.....and a pissed off wife.

#76 9 years ago
#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Look, it could be worse, you could be a degenerate gambler and just blow money on craps, whores, and booze.....

Sounds better than a $5300 WH2O!

#78 9 years ago

#79 9 years ago

#80 9 years ago
#81 9 years ago

Dude, that SUCKS. File a claim, or a lawsuit, or something. Don't let it slide, no way. Save records of the eBay page immediately if you haven't already. Sounds like he defrauded you with false pictures.

#82 9 years ago
#83 9 years ago

Did seller disclose planking on playfield ? Can you file claim for not as advertised? For me the deal breaker is worn or damaged playfield the rest of the stuff is easy fix but the dollars for that will add up also .Buy some rust remover metal rescue or other brand and soak legs in them they will probably clean up unless there totally trashed

#84 9 years ago

#85 9 years ago

That's a bummer ,had all the information been provided it would not have sold that high. Sounds like if you make it a nice game you'll have a lot more money than its worth that's a tough place .If the seller would refund 1 k i would keep the game .Prices are generally high on e-bay because the seller looses 13 percent 10 percent to e-bay and 3 percent to paypal .I have bought all my games though rgp , pinside or craigslist i like to see the games in person. Sometimes its tough to be patient but if your looking for a better condition game there out there

#86 9 years ago

Let me just first say I am not casting judgment; I am just trying to give some advice based on my limited experience.

2 things:

1. SLOW DOWN. You said you've been in the hobby since July, right? Dude, you have a ma$$ive collection for only 4 months in. I know how it feels to jump in this hobby head first; it's fun and exciting. Give yourself some time to really play and enjoy the games you have. You're buying nearly sight unseen pins, and now you may be taking nearly a $1000 bath. That's some expensive soap, man.

2. No more eBay. Emotion is getting ahead of logic on some decisions, and I'd cut ties with that website for pinball buying right now. There are some solid sellers here that offer some beautiful titles at good prices. Excellent example right here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-in-pa-ngg-i500-rs-eatpm-ij-huo-fg-dm

Dude sold 6 pins in 13 hours. That's got to be some kind of Pinside record here, and I bought his B/W Corvette 2 weeks ago, and let me tell you, PinB has some BEAUTIFUL pins. His B/W IJ at $4500 would have been a great buy for you. I played it myself, and it was a solid example of the title.

A wise fellow Pinsider once told me: "The patient buyer gets the good deal."

Like I said, not passing judgment. I am glad you're so into this hobby, and I am happy for you that you have the ability to amass such an awesome collection so fast. Just take it a bit easy my man. Don't buy Pinside's top 25 in a year - what's left to "seek and find" ? Trust me, sometimes the hunt is more fun than owning the machine.

#87 9 years ago
#88 9 years ago

Hate you are going through this. I have bought several games just from pictures, and have been bit a few times. It sucks when you don't get what you are expecting. My last game was "HUO" "looks like it just came out of the box" and it gets here with beat to "F" spray painted legs. but most of my experiences are that pinheads are good honest people.

I would just move on and play the game. Either way you lose $800 there abouts, but one way you have a game, the other way you have nothing. Call it a learning experience, and don't fret..... But rather, enjoy.

Greg
Www.pinballpro.com

#89 9 years ago

This d-bag is 5 minutes from my house.... just kills me.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I bought a huo shrek recently from a fellow pinsider and it literally looks like it just slid out of the box.

Glad you like the Shrek Jon.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Sounds better than a $5300 WH2O!

The more I think about it, the more you are right!

#92 9 years ago

To the OP:

If you need any advice or help shopping this machine or things to buy to prevent/hide damage, give me a PM ei your phone and I would be happy to help you out. I bet the switch mount under the back mountain (leading from upper playfield to Bigfoot) is totaled.

#93 9 years ago

not surprised at all. see my post above. shame that this guy sells crap with fake pics and just keeps on doing and getting away with it despite all the complaints. ebay and paypal should do something about this guy!

#94 9 years ago

Many ebay sellers bank on the fact that when you are shipping a game you are not going to also pay to ship it back no matter what arrives.

I vote you ship back to a local pinsider and have 5 of us show up at this DBags house to hand deliver it and get the cash back!

Not suggesting we harm him but I think we can put a little fear into him.

Sending out a completely different machine is fraud.
We shoudl have a concerted effort to send guys like this a pretty clear message that this is not going to fly.

I think it is also time to fully disclose this sellers real information as a warning to all.

#95 9 years ago

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Playfield planking was not disclosed. Seller said it was the best wh2o pin he'd ever seen. I filed a claim yesterday. From what I've heard ebay will just have me send it back, but that's a 410 shipping loss for me each way= $820 loss.

The planking is not really fixable. You could send the playfield off for restoration but that would be hours and hours of work and restoration and it would cost you more than a repro playfield.

If I were you I would ship it back, file a claim against him for the shipping loss, and look for another machine. You paid about $900 too much for the pin anyway, so assume you never recoup the $820 loss, you could probably plunk down $4000K for a relatively nice WH2O and be better off than you will be if you kept this one.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Many ebay sellers bank on the fact that when you are shipping a game you are not going to also pay to ship it back no matter what arrives.
I vote you ship back to a local pinsider and have 5 of us show up at this DBags house to hand deliver it and get the cash back!
Not suggesting we harm him but I think we can put a little fear into him.
Sending out a completely different machine is fraud.
We shoudl have a concerted effort to send guys like this a pretty clear message that this is not going to fly.
I think it is also time to fully disclose this sellers real information as a warning to all.

its been done already. everything - full name and address and ebay id. it is all in the other thread

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

From what I've heard ebay will just have me send it back, but that's a 410 shipping loss for me each way= $820 loss.

You'll be further ahead returning it for an $820 loss. Send it back. Take tons of pics.

buy a tron Le.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

You'll be further ahead returning it for an $820 loss. Send it back. Take tons of pics.

agree. good point. put the difference into a better game at a better price that you can inspect.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

If I were you I would ship it back, file a claim against him for the shipping loss, and look for another machine. You paid about $900 too much for the pin anyway, so assume you never recoup the $820 loss, you could probably plunk down $4000K for a relatively nice WH2O and be better off than you will be if you kept this one.

This is what I would do. You can find an example at least as good if not better then what you got for 3500-4500 if you take your time and watch for it, you will have the same or less into it and you will have a better machine and experience.

FYI, you have cheaper shipping options. If you are willing to drop at a depot, you can have curb side delivery and save up to $200. Call your local CEVA, http://www.cevalogistics.com/en-US/Pages/default.aspx , they will even shrink, skid and sticker it for you for about $15, at least here that is what they charge. Send this back to the seller asap.

Send it back, take the loss now and find another one later, you will be much happier in the end.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-price-check/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.