image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rawbars.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have been thinking about switching up my line up for quite awhile. I've been patiently waiting for an ACDC premium to pop up nearby. I have a good idea of the value of my Met pro and IMVE. But I'm having a tough time figuring out the value of my WH20. I would like some advice, because one pin will have to go and right now I am playing WH20 the least.

I believe this to be a really nice pin. But it does have some flaws. A previous owner redid the cabinet and back box decals. They look great but there were some wrinkles around the legs. I bought the metal cab protectors and the larger plastic protectors which does cover most of it.

It also has a clear coated playfield. I'm not sure who did the work but it looks nice. Unfortunately one of the pins that you would use to align the flippers was pushed up slightly above the playfield and caused some small cracks. It's not terrible by any means but it is a shame.

A few of the ramps have some cracks. The lower to upper playfield ramp is cracked behind the metal protector and so is the suicide drop ramp. They function fine. Also upper playfield to flipper ramp and the big foot cave ramp have some cracking where they are joined. The good news is an operator friend of mine hooked me up with a partial new old stock ramp set. It doesn't include the last 2 ramps I mentioned.

As far as other details, it has upgraded speakers in cab and back box. And the topper is working and in good shape. I think this is a nice pin, and with the partial ramp set, somebody with more experience than me could have a close to perfect game with a little work. I'll post some pics. What do you guys think the pin with extra ramps are worth?

#2 7 years ago

Here are some pics

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6 7 years ago

I know one of the main reasons WH20s are expensive to fix up is the price of the ramps. The waterfall ramp is in great shape. I don't see any cracks in it. And the whirlpool ramp is also in good shape. It could use a cleaning but I don't see any cracks. Maybe those spares could be sold or traded to replace the upper playfield to flipper ramp and the big foot ramp that do have some cracks. So at least ramp situation could be covered with minimal expense.

#9 7 years ago

I appreciate the replies. It's a tough decision to let this one go. It's a nice example of a classic original themed pin. It would be hard to find another one with as much potential. But I find myself gravitating to the newer Sterns like ACDC and TWD.

#11 7 years ago

Yeah that's pretty much my thoughts. WH20 is a cool pin. But I've experienced pretty much everything there is to experience with it. Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to letting IMVE go either. But it's a great multi player game. And right now the market is flooded with IM and Met pros. So I think my WH20 is where I get the most value to put towards a newer stern. We will see.

#14 7 years ago

Yeah, I may have to get off the side lines and list this thing for sale in the morning. Doughslingers ACDC is calling my name!

#17 7 years ago

I agree it could probably use a good tear down and while its down replace some ramps. I am not quite to the point where I can accomplish that on my own. Especially with a pin that appears as complicated as WH20. I am thinking somewhere in low to mid 5000s with the extra ramps. The right buyer who can do the work themselves could have a pretty close to restored WH20 without putting much more cash into it.

#18 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wh20-for-sale-or-trade-towards-acdc-or-twd

I appreciate all of the discussion and advice. I went ahead and put it in the market place for $5250.

#21 7 years ago

Obviously there will be differing opinions on the shape of this machine. Some people see a very nice machine overall with a few minor flaws. Some people see those same flaws as deal breakers. Hopefully I get points for at least disclosing them. I'm sure some people would have considered a couple of them too small to mention. I know they weren't mentioned to me when I bought it. I didn't even bother trying to list it for sale on pinside until I had some replacement ramps to include with it because I know ramps are a major issue with this machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
17,250 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rawbars.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-price-check-2?tu=rawbars and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.