White Water Price Advice

By Mastersedator

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi all, I could sure use some advice on this one. I found my grail pin, a currently routed and ridden hard Whitewater. Playfield has severe planking EVERYWHERE but does have what appears to be newer ramps. Everything works, machine is filthy. Seller wants $3600. I'd immediately want to put a new clear coated playfield on and rehab the cabinet. Am I out of my freaking mind for even thinking about paying this amount of $$$ for the old girl? What's a ridden hard and put away wet Whitewater worth?Thanks in advance.

#2 9 years ago

Pass. Planking is a big concern. I wouldn't buy it - especially at that price.

#3 9 years ago

Wait. You will find much better example for maybe a few hundred more. I can tell you want this bad now but they do pop up and having patience is key.

#4 9 years ago

3600 + you're going to put a new PF in it ..... c'mon man for 4500 you might expect a pristine machine!

Cool down, i know it's tough, but the right one will come along

#5 9 years ago

Thanks guys! Pins are tough to come by where I live so I guess I was feeling a little desperate. I appreciate the advice.

#6 9 years ago

Pass. Buddy just picked up a nice lightly routed one for 2800. No planking just a few plastics needed replaced. 3600 should buy you a nice one

#7 9 years ago

Everyone says 3600 should buy a nice one..... Until they are selling one..

#8 9 years ago

I would think you could buy a really nice one for less than it would wind up costing you to fix that one up. Maybe you could talk the seller down significantly after nobody buys it at his current price. Keep in mind too that wh2o is really difficult to do a playfield swap on.

#9 9 years ago

If the planking is bad, you are looking at a playfield replacement. If it isn't bad, you still won't reverse the damage and it has the potential to get worse. Plastics, ramps, etc. can be replaced. So can a playfield, but that blows your pricing on the pin as stated about to middle 4's - too much.

#10 9 years ago

That needs a new playfield. Pass.

#11 9 years ago

Where do you guys find reasonably priced pins? I've called routing companies in town (hence this offer), Craigslist, ebay....they are either impossible to find or $7000 (ebay)

#12 9 years ago

@ the OP...where are you located?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Mastersedator:

Where do you guys find reasonably priced pins? I've called routing companies in town (hence this offer), Craigslist, ebay....they are either impossible to find or $7000 (ebay)

Patience. One will come up.

Gotta beat me to it, though. I'm hunting for one too.

#14 9 years ago

I was very lucky on my WH2O! I new a buddy who knew someone that had it. He let me have it for $1,400 knowing I would restore it. I am and everything is basically new. Only original stuff are the wire harnesses! Now it is $5,000 looks gorgeous .

#15 9 years ago

Got my new and knew mixed up!

#16 9 years ago

Norm- I live in Omaha, NE. I'm new to the forum, what's the OP?

#17 9 years ago

Original Poster. The one who starts a thread. In this case it's you. Look at your avatar and see the blue OP triangle? That lets everyone know who the OP is when threads get into multiple pages.

#18 9 years ago

Let it go. 2500 maybe ,3500 NFW

#19 9 years ago

This sounds like a Whitewater I paid $500 for. That was in the good old days.

#20 9 years ago

There's one White Water on the Pinside Market for $3000, but it has some nasty planking on it. I tried to pick it up for a reasonable price considering the playfield needs swapped, but the seller seems to think it's a $3000 game as is.

Maybe you'll have better luck with him.

#21 9 years ago

Thanks all! I'll keep searching, I appreciate all the advice

#22 9 years ago

OP are you looking to play pinball or restore a machine? If you're new to all this then how about just playing and "shopping" it before you get too deep into things. Either way, playfield is everything with these things and this ones beat. $3,600 is just silly. Bring him $2,800 cash and see what he does.

#23 9 years ago

The price is $8200 and you should jump all over it....see FS thread

#24 9 years ago

Planking is not an end-all be-all with any pin...if it's playable and if it is priced right, the hell with planking.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Planking is not an end-all be-all with any pin...if it's playable and if it is priced right, the hell with planking.

Do you consider 3600 for a WH2O with a lot of planking priced right ?

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Do you consider 3600 for a WH2O with a lot of planking priced right ?

Nope, but then again this title has been somewhat inflated recently so, as the saying goes- "it's worth what someone will pay for it"

#27 9 years ago

3600 with planking. The "seller" either looked here or on ebay to determine the price.

#28 9 years ago

Hey guys,
I have a Williams White Water table, looking to sell, has nothing missing all there, in excellent condition.Problem is I live in Ireland!

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from paulrww:

Hey guys,
I have a Williams White Water table, looking to sell, has nothing missing all there, in excellent condition.Problem is I live in Ireland!

Well if your price is 1500 Euro, he will find a way

#30 9 years ago

There is a local guy offering 1400, is that a good price for such a rare machine?

#31 9 years ago

pm coming...I have an extra I will be selling and am local

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-price-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.