(Topic ID: 149395)

White Water, Popeye or Back to the future?

By sebess

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Drumdink
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“¿Which one to choose from?”

• Back to the future 6 votes
    8%
  • Popeye 6 votes
    8%
  • White Water 62 votes
    84%

(74 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2799_(resized).JPG
IMG_2798_(resized).JPG
IMG_2797_(resized).JPG
GayGibson_(resized).jpg

#1 8 years ago

Hello, Tomorrow I have to define if I buy one of these three pinballs (popeye, Back to the future or white water), maybe I'll get two of them Im not so sure yet, what do you recomend I do?

#3 8 years ago

Not even close, White water is by far the best of the machines.

#4 8 years ago

Duh.....buy all three...!!!.........Joey

#5 8 years ago

What forensicd, and everybody else in this thread will say

It really is one of the most fun & replayable games ever made, and nothing else plays like it.

#6 8 years ago

White Water.

#7 8 years ago

Whitewater all day every day!!!! Popeyes better than its rep, but still
nowhere near Whitewater. BTTF sucks. Skates by on theme only.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Not even close, White water is by far the best of the machines.

Yup.

#9 8 years ago

Is this really a serious question, hands down Whitewater.

#10 8 years ago

Prices matter. Any info on that?

#11 8 years ago

All of them around the same price! 2.100 usd white water and back to the future, 2500 popeye

#12 8 years ago

Unless the Whitewater is soaking wet and termite infested go for the Whitewater.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from sebess:

All of them around the same price! 2.100 usd white water and back to the future, 2500 popeye

Holy crap! In the US whitewater is worth way more the other ones. What's it gonna for these days ...like $4000? Popeye's a hard sell at $2000...BTTF should be about $1000 but goes for more sometimes due to theme.

#14 8 years ago

Whitewater is one of the best games on the planet..

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from sebess:

Yeah, with those numbers, WW all day.

#16 8 years ago

WH2O >>>> Popeye >> BTTF

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17 8 years ago
Quoted from sebess:

Argentina is a weird place.

#18 8 years ago

whitewater is one of the better games out there period!!!! the other 2 on your "want" list are distant B- titles

popeye is absolutely horrible. I never understood why they put the 3 pop bumpers under that upper playfield - I know there is a window there but with the angle its at VS your standing height.. YOU CANT SEE ANYTHING.. to switch lane lights or appreciate the ball popping around between the poppers! FIRE THE DESIGN/ENGINEER TEAM!

#19 8 years ago

I think you know the answer by now

#20 8 years ago

white water is by far the best of those 3 but Popeye is underrated, its not as bad as some make it out to be

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Argentina is a weird place.

Yes Argentina is a crazy country! Last week I sold a Addams family like new for 5000 usd

#22 8 years ago

people were asking.. what the numbers are to make a decision.. DOESNT MATTER.. obviously the popeye and back to future will be lower.. SAVE that $$ and wait and build up enough to buy a whitewater..

that game is a BLAST!!!-- if I had to be critical, the only thing I think it lacks is audio quality. kind of low and muffled out and the bojangle background with the call outs.. ehhh just lacks a little compared to other WPC A/B+ titles

whitewater is the ONLY one I would even entertain.. yeah, harsh.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I think you know the answer by now

yeap I think Ill go tomorrow for the white water, I know I have to change all the lamps, rubbers, repair a few things, but in the whole I think is in a good condition.

#24 8 years ago

POOPEYE!!!

#25 8 years ago

BTTF!

GayGibson_(resized).jpgGayGibson_(resized).jpg

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

whitewater is one of the better games out there period!!!!

True

Quoted from pinnaf:

the other 2 on your "want" list are distant B- titles
popeye is absolutely horrible. I never understood why they put the 3 pop bumpers under that upper playfield - I know there is a window there but with the angle its at VS your standing height.. YOU CANT SEE ANYTHING.. to switch lane lights or appreciate the ball popping around between the poppers!

You don't need to see the pops. You can see the roll overs.

Quoted from pinnaf:

FIRE THE DESIGN/ENGINEER TEAM!

You don't have to. He died almost two years ago

#27 8 years ago

Here are some pictures of the whitewater in question. I think it look good, this are the only pictures I have I cant see the playfield so tomorrow I will tell you how it went.

IMG_2797_(resized).JPGIMG_2797_(resized).JPG

IMG_2798_(resized).JPGIMG_2798_(resized).JPG

IMG_2799_(resized).JPGIMG_2799_(resized).JPG

#28 8 years ago

For $2,100 with the topper I'd probably take it and I already have one.

#29 8 years ago

I honestly thought this was a joke when I read it. White Water by a mile, not even close. For me White Water is a top 5 all time game. Your game has the topper too which is tough to replace if missing.

#30 8 years ago

That's an excellent price for a White Water in any condition. From the photos it looks like you'll have a nice player's condition game for little money.

#31 8 years ago

yeah obviously White Water, unless it is literally on fire and the other two are gold-plated.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

White Water, unless it is literally on fire

1. Remove dome from topper.
2. Let waterfall put out fire.
3. Keep playing.
5. Cross fingers that fire spreads to BTTF and Popeye.

1 month later
#33 8 years ago

I own a mint Popeye and love it. Go for White Water all the way!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-popeye-or-back-to-the-future and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.