Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mikala
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

First - Newbie here. My dad owned this White Water machine since I was 9 and I have always admired it. Recently, he gave it to me as a gift, but that gift came with a few problems. I have a computer technical background and a close friend of mine has an electrical background. Together, we are trying to fix the issues.

Problem: The flasher near the whirlpool keeps firing randomly and giving the player 50k points. Sometimes this doesn't happen at all, other times it happens non-stop from the moment you click the start button. The ball is traveling through the whirlpool just fine and is being identified by the optos in the whirlpool exit and the mine. It is causing major gameplay frustration because the scoring of points causes the second ball for whirlpool challenge and gold rush to not send.

Solution attempt 1: I spoke with someone over the phone who thought opto 87 was the problem, so we changed the opto board under bigfoot and are still experiencing the problem.
Solution attempt 2: Changed the optos in the mine (they were problematic anyway), cleaned the subway and cleaned the optos in the whirlpool exit (62).

After cleaning the subway and the optos at 62, the machine worked great for a few games. I let it sit to go let the dog out, when I came back in and pressed the start button, the whirlpool just kept going off. It shines the flasher directly behind the whirlpool and gives the player 50k.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

I'd try going into Tests - Switch Edge - and see if any switches are closed that should be open.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

You'll get more relevant answers in the SS Forum.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

17,250 (OBO)
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-pinball-whirlpool-flasher-keeps-triggering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.