Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by NimblePin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am thinking of trading my south park for either of these pins. The owner o0f them is willing to trade and add a bit of cash. What do you think? I like both, so I'm finding it hard to decide.

#2 9 years ago

I think the general consensus is that WH2O is a much better game. That being said, I LOVE the artwork on JD. Being an artist yourself, I would think that you would appreciate this aspect of the game more than most people.

#3 9 years ago

I've got both, and I don't want to get rid of either of them. Trade for WH20, buy Dredd.

#4 9 years ago

I agree with NoV, if you can, trade for WH20 and buy Dredd, if not go for WH20.

#5 9 years ago

Both are better then south park. Wh20 would be my pick. Cool ramps great flow. Jd is a fun game lots of shot,wide body 4 flippers. Get both.

#7 9 years ago

White water easily!

#8 9 years ago

JD is good but I would say White water. Depending on condition of course.

#9 9 years ago

White Water is a better game. Not to say Judge Dredd isn't a good game, because its a great game too.

As for White Water, everything is pretty much replaceable. The topper is kind of hard to track down. If it has it already, its a no-brainer really. It took me a year and a half to finally find a topper...let alone one that wasn't wrinkled too much.

#10 9 years ago

I just contacted him again and found out he is 6 hours away, so unless he really really wants a South Park. Its probably not going to happen. I posted it for sale on the same site as him maybe someone else will want to do a trade. My SP is super clean and has everything you could ever want to do, DONE! I like SP a lot(seem like the only one) but have now had it for awhile and need something new. I will post back if he decides to do it.

#11 9 years ago

"The topper is kind of hard to track down. If it has it already, its a no-brainer really. It took me a year and a half to finally find a topper...let alone one that wasn't wrinkled too much."

Did you guys see the auction that ended a couple days ago for a NOS WH2O topper? YIKES!

ebay.com link

#12 9 years ago

I did see that one gweempose. Its not surprising really. I dropped over 250 bucks for my topper. I got off easy to be honest. The guy was even nice enough to include a completely working topper light board set. An awesome dude.

An NOS WH2O waterfall sticker I have seen go for over 500 bucks on ebay. That is not even including the very hard to find plastic part that you stick it onto (people have tried to repro the plastic piece, but it doesn't look right...its slighly curved to enhance the shiny water effect).

Is the topper needed in order to play White Water? Nah.
Do you want one on your machine? Yea.

PS: Good luck on the sale of your South Park, erak.

#13 9 years ago

Thanks, WOW, I guess White water must be an even nicer pin than I thought. At that price you could almost get another machine. LOL.
I am looking at these pins next, after I sell my SP:
Dr Who
WH20
RFM
STNG.

Hope to find one of these at a reasonable price soon.

#14 9 years ago

White Water fetches for 1800 (I have yet to see one for 1700 as estimated by Pinside), but I have seen them go up to 2300/2400. Depends on the usual wear and tear. The topper I don't think is factored in. People assume it has one, but sometimes it doesn't. I suppose its the same way with Fish Tales.

Of those machines, the cheapest one is Dr Who. Actually, the way you list them erak, you have them from cheapest to most expensive. Hehe.

#15 9 years ago

This guys sale price is $1500 and it has the topper. Really cheap for Canada.

Actually I have them listed by how much I wanted to spend, least to most. So your exactly right.

#16 9 years ago

"Is the topper needed in order to play White Water? Nah. Do you want one on your machine? Yea."

One can argue that the WH2O topper, besides simply being cool, is actually much more important than other toppers. The name of the game isn't printed on the backglass anywhere. Without the topper, the game is incomplete, in my opinion.

#17 9 years ago

I had my machine's side cabinet visible. Only way to tell what it was for some people. Haha.

1500 for a White Water is a great price, erak.

#18 9 years ago

I paid $2500 for mine and I love it. The battery holder was already moved offboard and some capacitors had been replaced. It was pretty clean overall, but it needed a nice shopping for the backfield under the upper playfield and ramps. Definitely "fun" to take apart and put back together. My favorite pin!

#19 9 years ago

the nice thing is, even though its not the same, you can at least get the repro plastic that holds the decal from most sites. And, treasure cove sells a copy of the decal. So if you really want the name of the game on the topper you can get it. What you don't get is the shiny effect from the waterfall. I never considered that worth $500+ but alot of ppl do.

4 weeks later
#21 9 years ago

If I was putting money in on site I would play WW but to own I'd go JD because of the games depth. Many of the modes are mini games in themselves, You also have the Supergame mode which starts multi-ball which is a cool addition for new players. It always takes me a few games to get into JD but when I do I love it.

They are both great games though.

#22 9 years ago

I vote Dredd. Does it have the Deadworld lock mod?

#23 9 years ago

White Water if it was my choice.

#24 9 years ago

I just got a WW a few days ago so I will need a little time to play it. I was floored by how nice the topper looks when you see it working up close. It's the best pinball topper I have ever seen. Very Very creative use of materials. It looks so simple when turned off you wouldn't expect the effect to be so fantastic.

I Played JD only a few times so I really can't comment on gameplay. It has never attracted me. For some reason I don't like games based on comics. Something about the theme that rubs me the wrong way...I was never into comics so maybe thats it....For me I find the comic book charactor theme to be for kids.

I've learned that....If you like the theme you will like the game, most of the time,,,Unless it's Gilligan's Island.
And if you don't like the theme you won't like the game....Most of the time.

So go with theme you like best.

#25 9 years ago

Dredd seems like a nightmare to work on. That being said, if everything is working well. JD has a lot of depth. Especially if it's tricked out with the new red Deadworld lock mod. It has some hang-ups, but overall a great addition. WW is fun and fairly easy for parts..

Topper $500 really!! Wow.
You could almost pick up a Pin-Bot that needs work for that kind of scratch.

#26 9 years ago

lol, if Dredd is a nightmare to work on then WH20 is like rebuilding a nuclear reactor.

#27 9 years ago

Erak,
Never had a chance to play WH2O yet, but you seem to have similar tastes as I do (Evil Dead, MSF). My Dredd had been great to me as far as no problems, and the gameplay is challenging and deep. Hidden easter eggs in the DMD scenes that are funny (how you would ever find them without being told I don't know), and the artwork on the machine is great.

I'm hoping to play WW next weekend at a show in Cuyahoga Falls Oh., as it looks like a real fun game. I can compare the two after that.

#28 9 years ago

... if Dredd is a nightmare to work on then WH20 is like rebuilding a nuclear reactor.

Yep. WH2O is supposed to be one of the hardest games to shop.

#29 9 years ago

Sorry NoVArcade about the post. I was referring to tracking down playfield parts/decals.. Not the actual physical rebuilding of machine. I would stick to videogames if I didn't want to bother working on older machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside