*** Hey everyone, I'm updating the top of this old thread because I get regular questions regarding this mod. Please read below***
1) Yes I have plenty of these mods left. If they ever sell out I will note that here. The originals were made by me (by hand) and I discontinued making them after the first few batches. However, after continued demand, I eventually had them professionally made and ordered something like 200 pieces. Refer to the middle of page 6 to see pics and details on the newer production version.
2) The price was reduced from the original and-made versions and is now $20 USD for one plastic shipped anywhere in the contiguous US or Canada. $23 for international orders.
3) Send me a PM for PayPal details
4) I use down and dirty letter mail in a padded envelope to keep costs down. It's cheap and it works. I have not lost one yet.... but it can take as much as 2 weeks from the date of shipping and I don't go to the post office every day.
5) I no longer offer the full kit with spacers and screws since some people prefer to install the mod directly on the metal. If you wish to float yours above the metal, details are provided here in the thread and the necessary parts are listed. You can get them from your preferred vendor. Details can be found here:
***Everything below this line is the original post and has been left alone for posterity***
This topic popped up a few weeks ago on my WH2O restoration thread.
I've been working on a "missing plastic" mod to add to my own game and for a couple of local guys. It is designed to cover up the bare metal lane guide by the left flipper (under the bottom of the insanity falls ramp). It can rest on the guide as-is, but I am going to test propping it up on 1/4" spacers.
It's taken a while, but I finally managed to get the appropriate acrylic, bribe the CNC operators at work and get the custom film reverse decals made up. I decided that if I was making 3, I may as well make a few more. I'll likely have about 20 +/- and don't plan to do any more (I'm not getting into the mod business). Just figured I'd make a few other WH2O owners happy in the process.
I started assembly last night and I'm just wating on an order from Marcos with all the necessary spacers, additional machine screws etc. so I can send this out as a complete kit. Once I test it and make sure the fit is good I will be ready to mail them out. I'm guessing 2nd week of June. Cost will be $35 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 and Canada. Add a couple of bucks for international. I know it's a bit pricey for a plastic, but these are a pain to make. Each one has to be sanded and flamed, then there is a two-part wet application of the reversed decal.
This is a decal (not screened), so I do not recommend it with incadescent bulbs if your game is left on for long periods. It may be fine, but I don't know for sure. Games with LED bulbs will be fine.
I have a couple of interested pinsiders already. I'm ready to take names for the rest of the run. If interested just send me a PM with your details and whatever email address you use for PayPal. Please write MISSING PLASTIC in the subject line. I will send out an invoice once they are ready to ship.
(if you live outside of the US or Canada please let me know on the PM)
Here's a test piece in front of my depopulated playfield and a few finished pieces I assembled last night.