Topic Stats

• 466 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WH2O ramp cover (resized).png
IMG_3804_LI (resized).jpg
IMG_3803_LI (resized).jpg
IMG_0356.jpg
IMG_0357.jpg
DSCN3437.jpg
DSCN3439.jpg
20150727_172342.jpg
image.jpg
20150715_141931.jpg
MX-03-9216-10L.jpg
IMG_1214.JPG
IMG_1205.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG
Photo_11-23-12,_8_20_11_AM.jpg
Photo_11-23-12,_8_20_01_AM.jpg

There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 7 years ago

*** Hey everyone, I'm updating the top of this old thread because I get regular questions regarding this mod. Please read below***

1) Yes I have plenty of these mods left. If they ever sell out I will note that here. The originals were made by me (by hand) and I discontinued making them after the first few batches. However, after continued demand, I eventually had them professionally made and ordered something like 200 pieces. Refer to the middle of page 6 to see pics and details on the newer production version.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-missing-plastic-coming-soon/page/6#post-2568416

2) The price was reduced from the original and-made versions and is now $20 USD for one plastic shipped anywhere in the contiguous US or Canada. $23 for international orders.

3) Send me a PM for PayPal details

4) I use down and dirty letter mail in a padded envelope to keep costs down. It's cheap and it works. I have not lost one yet.... but it can take as much as 2 weeks from the date of shipping and I don't go to the post office every day.

5) I no longer offer the full kit with spacers and screws since some people prefer to install the mod directly on the metal. If you wish to float yours above the metal, details are provided here in the thread and the necessary parts are listed. You can get them from your preferred vendor. Details can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-missing-plastic-coming-soon/page/7#post-2568629

***Everything below this line is the original post and has been left alone for posterity***

This topic popped up a few weeks ago on my WH2O restoration thread.
I've been working on a "missing plastic" mod to add to my own game and for a couple of local guys. It is designed to cover up the bare metal lane guide by the left flipper (under the bottom of the insanity falls ramp). It can rest on the guide as-is, but I am going to test propping it up on 1/4" spacers.

It's taken a while, but I finally managed to get the appropriate acrylic, bribe the CNC operators at work and get the custom film reverse decals made up. I decided that if I was making 3, I may as well make a few more. I'll likely have about 20 +/- and don't plan to do any more (I'm not getting into the mod business). Just figured I'd make a few other WH2O owners happy in the process.

I started assembly last night and I'm just wating on an order from Marcos with all the necessary spacers, additional machine screws etc. so I can send this out as a complete kit. Once I test it and make sure the fit is good I will be ready to mail them out. I'm guessing 2nd week of June. Cost will be $35 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 and Canada. Add a couple of bucks for international. I know it's a bit pricey for a plastic, but these are a pain to make. Each one has to be sanded and flamed, then there is a two-part wet application of the reversed decal.

This is a decal (not screened), so I do not recommend it with incadescent bulbs if your game is left on for long periods. It may be fine, but I don't know for sure. Games with LED bulbs will be fine.

I have a couple of interested pinsiders already. I'm ready to take names for the rest of the run. If interested just send me a PM with your details and whatever email address you use for PayPal. Please write MISSING PLASTIC in the subject line. I will send out an invoice once they are ready to ship.
(if you live outside of the US or Canada please let me know on the PM)

Here's a test piece in front of my depopulated playfield and a few finished pieces I assembled last night.

Plastic_v2_001.jpgIMG_0843.JPG

#2 7 years ago

Very cool. Nice work

#3 7 years ago

I've got about half of these spoken for.
Thanks everyone for your interest. Any other WH2O owners, speak up now

#4 7 years ago

I am interested. Let me know how I can get one. Great work!

Thanks,

Chris

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Drfurly:

I am interested. Let me know how I can get one. Great work!
Thanks,
Chris

It's all explained above. Send me a PM with your PayPal ID and when I have the kits all ready to go (probably mid June), I'll send out an invoice.

Make sure the subject line says MISSING PLASTIC so you don't get lost in my inbox.

Thanks.
Adriano

#6 7 years ago

I'll take one! Thanks for making these.

#7 7 years ago

PM sent for 2

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I'll take one! Thanks for making these.

Chris,
Please send me a PM with the info requested above so that you are on the wait list. I'm down to just a few now.

Quoted from bballfan:

PM sent for 2

I was planning to limit these to one per person to be as fair as possible. If you have "special circumstances" send me a PM.

#9 7 years ago

15 spoken for so far.

#10 7 years ago

I need 2 please. I own 2 games so just for me collection.

Thanks for making these...

Bill

#11 7 years ago

PM sent.

#12 7 years ago

I would love to have one.
Thanks

#13 7 years ago

Looks good finishing touches are nice.

#14 7 years ago

Pm sent. Thanks!

#15 7 years ago

Looks like I have 20 names. Thanks everyone!

I do have 2-3 blanks left over. If I can get my friend to make a couple of extra decals I'll offer them up... but I doubt I'll have enough spacers/hardware for those.

Anyone that didn't PM me and get on the list, I'll add you to the wait list in case people back out.

Thanks again!

Adriano

3 weeks later
#17 7 years ago

Okay guys, time to bump this.
For those that contacted me to get on the waiting list for my little WH2O "missing plastic" experiment, my parts have finally arrived!!! They were stuck with a friend in Rochester for a couple of weeks, but all the necessary machine screws and spacers are now here.

I'm going to do some test fitting tomorrow to see if the plastics can be raised up a little bit on 1/4" spacers without hitting the underside of the Insanity Falls ramp. Otherwise, it will have to lay flat on the metal guide.

I'll post pics tomorrow and then send out an email for payment to the first 20 on the list.

Thanks for your patience.

#18 7 years ago

It works!
For those of you waiting on these, I've just tested one out and everything seems to fit nicely. I was a bit worried I would'nt be able to raise the plastic above the metal guide, but the 1/4" spacers are just enough to keep it under the bottom of the ramp and still get some elevation.

So, I'll be sending out payment requests to all who pre-ordered. Sorry, I do not have any more at this time. Probably wont be making any either so, if you got one of the 20, congrats!

If anyone backs out and I have any left over I'll post them here once I've heard back from the original group.

Here are the test shots. Sorry, my WH2O is currently in pieces, so I just put enough parts on my old pf to make sure it all works. It really does blend in nicely. No more bare metal lane guide

IMG_0358.JPG IMG_0359.JPG IMG_0356.JPG

#19 7 years ago

great mods of fire....Looks like it should have been there all along.

#20 7 years ago

Looks great drano, love your work.

#21 7 years ago

MAKE A BILLION! And sell them to Pinballlife or Pinbits or something.

#22 7 years ago

Looks great, good idea !

#23 7 years ago

Looks really nice. Wish I had one, but I think even painted blue or black metal guides would look better than what was left there by the factory.

Michael

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

MAKE A BILLION! And sell them to Pinballlife or Pinbits or something.

I wish I could.
The reverse film decal is out of my control. A friend made it after my design and the process is not exactly simple.
Applying the decals wet and then applying an additional layer of white vinyl behind it is an even bigger PITA!
Lastly, each piece had to be hand sanded and the edges had to be flame polished (and I burned a few).
I could make about 5 each night before it drove me nuts

Quoted from Metalpin:

Looks really nice. Wish I had one, but I think even painted blue or black metal guides would look better than what was left there by the factory.
Michael

That's actually not a bad idea. But I'm sure if someone could find some matching blue plastic it would be easy enough to cut a few of these to cover up the metal without having to resort to painting. The little bit of red, yellow and black on the tip could just be a sticker on top. It wouldn't look as good, but it's also under a plastic ramp.

#25 7 years ago

Oddly enough, my first WH2O came with clear plastics in the place of the metal ones. I've moved these clear plastics to my keeper WH2O each of the two times I've "upgraded". They are getting a little worse for wear so I've been thinking about trying to cut a new pair of my own. If you have any blanks left over, I'd be interested in getting a pair.

#26 7 years ago

Just sent my payment over. I wish someone would do these plastics for Congo as well in the same areas. I can't stand the metal pieces there, looks horrible

#27 7 years ago

Payment sent!

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from abcdelmrs:

Oddly enough, my first WH2O came with clear plastics in the place of the metal ones. I've moved these clear plastics to my keeper WH2O each of the two times I've "upgraded". They are getting a little worse for wear so I've been thinking about trying to cut a new pair of my own. If you have any blanks left over, I'd be interested in getting a pair.

I've never seen these. So yours has no metal guides at all? That doesn't sound right.
If you can post an image of them I'll see what I can do.

Quoted from bemmett:

Just sent my payment over. I wish someone would do these plastics for Congo as well in the same areas. I can't stand the metal pieces there, looks horrible

A local buddy has a Congo. I'll take a look at it next time I'm at his place and see if anything can be done.

#29 7 years ago

Can't get a great pic but hopefully these give you an idea of what they look like.

IMG_1262.JPG IMG_1265.JPG

#30 7 years ago

Got to say, at least by the photos, I like the look of the clear. I may try to make one for mine.

Michael

#31 7 years ago

Payment sent. Thanks Adriano.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from abcdelmrs:

Can't get a great pic but hopefully these give you an idea of what they look like.

Wow, that's new!
Looks like someone else got tired of the metal too and swapped them out. I can see how those would get beat up.
I should have a couple of spares lying around. Ill check tomorrow.
The only issue is the middle hole on mine is oversized to fit around the middle post holding up the left ramp... but they'll still work with the other two posts.
Shoot me a PM.

#33 7 years ago

Thanks Drano.

#34 7 years ago

I'm never seen these. So yours has no metal guides at all? That doesn't sound right.
If you can post an image of them I'll see what I can do.

I have sold two WH2O's with the plastic frame mod, here is one I made for game #3.
This is just a rough fit, final when I get the flip mechs installed.
These could be mine but I am sure I am not the only mad modder with this idea.

WH2OTD_044.jpg

#35 7 years ago

Here is another WH2O idea I came up with, I made 2 sets of these boulder protectors and sent one set to Cliffy for production.
I have the other prototype set and it will be going on this game.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wh20.htm

That return frame plastic sure looks nice, I am sure you could sell more of them than you could make.
I was going to get in for one but I don't do paypal.

#36 7 years ago

Just a quick update.
If you are on my list and have paid, your plastic and hardware have shipped.
I'm in Canada so expect to wait 7-10 days on the outside. Overseas might be a bit more.

I did not get a chance to print up instructions and wanted to get these mailed ASAP, but it should be super straight forward. If anyone has any difficulty, just contact me. The machine screw I sent replaces the shorter one closest to the outlane. The two spacers are obviously for the plastic. Once you push them through the plastic, it's a good idea to screw a standard #6 hex screw into the opening from the top to spread the plastic apart. This will allow the machine screws to feed into the new spacers much more easily. The middle post/screw does not need to be removed at all. That's it!

Also, my friend agreed to make me a few more decals to finish up the blanks that I still have so, if you're on my wait list, chances are good you'll get one soon too.

Thanks to all who responded and I hope you enjoy them!

2 months later
#37 7 years ago

Any chance these are still available? I might be getting a WH20 this weekend and I'm already lining up the mods!

Just curious....

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Any chance these are still available? I might be getting a WH20 this weekend and I'm already lining up the mods!
Just curious....

I would be interested as well.

#39 7 years ago

Are they still available?

#40 7 years ago

Adriano....add me to the list if this falls through.

#41 7 years ago

Hey guys,
At last check I had about 5-7 blanks left. I did manage to get my friend to create a few more reverse decals. I've been super busy with my WH2O restoration, but I will try to assemble the last few sometime in the next week. But, I have to warn you guys, I had a bit of a wait list for these already.

I'll go through that list and any that might be left over can be had. I will mark down your names in order of request, but I don't anticipate many more than 3-4 extras.

Thanks for your interest. I'm glad people are enjoying these.

Adriano

#42 7 years ago

I know it's a long shot, but I'll throw my name in the hat for wanting one of these.

Todd

#43 7 years ago

I installed mine, looks great! Wish I could get the same thing done for the stupid metal pieces on my Congo as well in the same area.

#44 7 years ago

Wait list me too please! Thanks

Greg

#45 7 years ago

This mod looks great! Makes me wonder why I didn't do that for production.

Dennis

#46 7 years ago

I'd like to get on the list if any are availalbe

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

This mod looks great! Makes me wonder why I didn't do that for production.
Dennis

Hey Dennis!
Thanks... and welcome to Pinside

The clearance from the plastic to the bottom of the ramp is so tight, and the spacers I had to use were so small, that the plastic just barely floats above the metal guide. With the ramp blocking the view, I'm sure it was probably low on the list of things to add to this game. I don't think you have anything to feel bad about. It's an awesome game and I miss mine terribly... it's been in pieces since March. I'm just starting to repopulate my playfield and should have it up and running again before labor day.

Adriano

#48 7 years ago

I'll also take one if available!

#49 7 years ago

I'm glad you like the game, Adriano. Good luck with your resto. I look at that game today and wonder how the hell I ever did that!

#50 7 years ago

Adriano:
Does that mean I'm first on the list? Wooohoooo! (seems appropriate )

Mr. Nordman:
Welcome to Pinside! I think you'll find a lot of rabid fans or your work here.

There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside