• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 59 days ago by Rilleo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 60 days ago

Hi!

I have a lamp problem with my white water. The Hazards doesn't seem to light up when they should. Some other lamps lights up when they shouldn't. Also, some lights are lightning up at the same time (also in test mode, when only testing one lamp). This is a full Led, with "no ghosting leds".

grateful for some help! (Pinball beginner)

#2 60 days ago

OK, let's find out which lamps are not working correctly, and then see if they are all on the same row/column. There could be a common wire running to each socket that is making is screw up.

Or other things like if they are all one the same PBC (green computer lamp socket bulb thinggy" under the PF. I know Wh20 has a mix of sockets and boards

#3 60 days ago

There is more information @ https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Controlled_Lamp_Problems if you're interested in reading.

#4 59 days ago

Thank you! It was a short at a lamp socket. also the plugs for the sensors: disaster drop and left ramp was switched. everything works as a charm!
Thanks again!. Learned a lot from this.

#5 59 days ago
Quoted from Rilleo:

Thank you! It was a short at a lamp socket. also the plugs for the sensors: disaster drop and left ramp was switched. everything works as a charm!
Thanks again!. Learned a lot from this.

I did the exact same thing with the disaster drop and left ramp switch. Glad you figured it out.

#6 59 days ago
Quoted from Rilleo:

also the plugs for the sensors: disaster drop and left ramp was switched.

Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I did the exact same thing with the disaster drop and left ramp switch.

This is why we label the plugs with matching numbers when we break games down guys

#7 59 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is why we label the plugs with matching numbers when we break games down guys

I've heard the horror stories on the TZ upper playfield where there are two identical connectors for coils and switches. Get them mixed up and you blow the entire switch matrix system on the CPU.

#8 59 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Luckily I just bought this game so I was not guilty this time.
Two lamps was also in the wrong place. And I found another misplace switch.

Thanks guys

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 25.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plymouth, MN

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside