View topic image gallery

Wwa (resized).jpg
20190221_192253 (resized).jpg
20190221_192241 (resized).jpg
20190221_192133 (resized).jpg
20190221_192137 (resized).jpg
20190221_192421 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I am working on a white water. I replaced the upper playfield and since replacing, i am having trouble with the ball making it up the wireform trail onto the upper playfeld from the kicker. When one ball is in there it will make it up 75% of the time and if it doesnt it will rekick and go up. However, when a ball is locked and another ball goes in, it tries to kick up and wont make it, so it falls back down onto the other ball which sneaks in behind it, and now there are two balls trying to go up which it cant do. It also makes that top ball be off center as its resting on a bother ball rather than the platform.

It has the strongest coil, a new coil sleeve, a new black part that the ball rests on to shoot up with good new rubber points on it. It tries and then goes into a ball finder program and tries to continually kick them up and they fire repeatedly, then the free ball popper in the backbox fires continually. Its a mess.

Has anyone faced this and what solutions should i be looking for? It seems to have happened since I replaced this upper playfield. I checked all connections and alignment of the wireform looks the same

Bruce

#2 5 years ago

Make sure the wifreform is on correctly and the kicker arm is free to move easily. The is almost certainly a physical issue. You're sure it's the correct arm the ball rests on? All thee pieces, coil stop, bracket thingy, spring are all on the coil and everything tightening down correctly?

#3 5 years ago

The wireform only has one position. the one leg that goes into the metal plate aligns it. So I dont think thats it. I replaced the black top piece that sits atop the coil plunger extension. It wasnt worn but I did it anyway. I look into the hole down through the wireform and there is the metal piece that the plunger comes up through and that looks fairly centered. I did not replaced the coil stop, as it looked fine. The spring is also intact and the bracket that mounts the coil assembly to the weldment appears tight. I guess i could bend the weldment a bit and see if this improves the plunging activity.

#4 5 years ago

I met this trouble.
What type of new sleeve you built in?
Would you be so kind to upload close-up pic about spring, plunger, sleeve?

#5 5 years ago

I will take a pic this weekend. Thanks

#6 5 years ago

Attached are the pics of the assembly as well as the wire form from above

20190221_192421 (resized).jpg20190221_192421 (resized).jpg20190221_192137 (resized).jpg20190221_192137 (resized).jpg20190221_192133 (resized).jpg20190221_192133 (resized).jpg20190221_192241 (resized).jpg20190221_192241 (resized).jpg20190221_192253 (resized).jpg20190221_192253 (resized).jpg
#7 5 years ago

So I played around with things today and the issue appears to be that the holes for mounting the wireform ramp on the new upper playfield seem to be torquing the ramp. When I lift the ramp out of the small metal hole in the metal base under the playfield it frees the ball path and correctly lifts the ball. So Ill figure how to maybe drill a new hole in the metal plats or just prop it and leave it.

#8 5 years ago

Thanks the pics. Everything seems correct. The solenoid type is AE 23-800?

Hope i understand well your last post...
One leg of the wireform is longer then others and fit the drilled hole on the bracket.
Wwa (resized).jpgWwa (resized).jpg

You need to drill the new hole?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

So I played around with things today and the issue appears to be that the holes for mounting the wireform ramp on the new upper playfield seem to be torquing the ramp. When I lift the ramp out of the small metal hole in the metal base under the playfield it frees the ball path and correctly lifts the ball. So Ill figure how to maybe drill a new hole in the metal plats or just prop it and leave it.

I wouldn't drill a new hole. I've had this problem many times and it comes from taking that VUK out and putting it back in along with the wireform. If it doesn't go back in EXACTLY it has issues kicking the ball up properly.

I've had to adjust the VUK by slightly bending it one way or the other to get the angle right. It doesn't usually take much. Try one way slightly and see if it gets better or worse. If worse, go the other way.

I have a Whitewater on route and was getting texts constantly after I brought it back from a complete teardown shop. Just would kick multiple times to get a ball out then jam up if two or more were in there. Adjusted the VUK and it's been perfect for over a year now.

#10 5 years ago

Will try. I assumed that since the upper playfield was replaced, the upper mounting holes may have been a bit different and then when you seat that longer leg, it was twisting it a bit. The VUK assembly can usually only go back and forth in one direction, unless you shim with washers between the mount and tha playfield to kick it front to back. Is the easier way to test in a coil test? Seems like its similar to the fiddling with the Scared Stiff VUK

#11 5 years ago

Yes it only goes back and forth in that one linear direction. And yes exactly like Scared Stiff spider hole up kicker. Had to do the same on that one as well.

#12 5 years ago

i took it apart yesterday, reseated the wireform into the hole and dismantled the upkicker mech. Someone already had placed two washers on the backside to tilt the mech. I removed everything, refilled the holes with glue ad toth picks as they were stripped and will start replacing today and realigning. I also noiticed the screw that holds the black ball rest was a little loose. Doesnt seem it has a lock washer at all. So whats the best wy to make sure its aligned? I thought about taking off the ball rest and inserting a long wood skewer and making sure this was exactly in the middle of the wireform when seated. or is it just trial and error?

Should i just seat it without any washers and then see where its kicking the ball? I find it hard to tell which way its off when looking from above.

Bruce

#13 5 years ago

Thought I would follow up. So I repositioned the wireform in the hole correctly, filled the wood holes under the playfield as some of the screws of the mech were stripped. Unbent the legs of the mech which were pretty wonky to get it as close to original as possible, screwed it back in place with good bite from the new wood holes, and BAMMM- works like a charm- thanks everyone for guidance> I always appreciate it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-help-1?hl=bsbdmd83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.