• Latest reply 1 year ago by DumbAss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220718_210007.jpg
20220718_203429.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_McGavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I have a DMD controller board that has so far blown several fuses. This machine was working correctly before I did an entire teardown restore. I swapped controller boards from another machine and I got White Water working correctly, so I narrowed it down to something wrong with this specific board. I'm not sure what to test specifically, but I tested the BR1 and BR2 chips and they are within the correct .5-.7 volt range.

Wondering if cleaning the board with distilled water in an ultrasonic cleaner probably loosened something? I didn't do the hack on the back of the board, not sure what that was for.

20220718_203429.jpg20220718_203429.jpg20220718_210007.jpg20220718_210007.jpg
#3 1 year ago

I found a rebuild kit at Marcospecialties

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/WPC-SEMIHV

I watched some videos where people replace those two big blue capacitors, but these kits don't include them so I assume they don't need replaced.

#5 1 year ago

Tonight I can try swapping the BR1 chip from the good board and see if I can get this working solely from that.

#8 1 year ago

Does that mean you elevate that single resistor a few millimeters above the board so that it's not touching the board?

My DMD was powering on when I first tried booting a few days ago as i could see it lit up with dots, but the machine itself wasn't booting. After a few on/off cycles, that's when fuse 601 blew and the DMD shut off. The machine not booting was due to the ribbon cables needing reseated so at least that part is taken care of.

It's gonna take me 20 minutes to solder a single one of these items let alone the entire kit. Marco's timeframe is for people who have been doing this for 30 years. My soldering skills aren't great, but I'm willing to try this to learn.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_McGavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-fuse-601-blowing-for-dmd?tu=Flipper_McGavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.