White Water -Chase Board Lights

By Pinhead-Seattle

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I am having an issue with the topper lights on my White Water not flashing and cycling as they should. I have checked all of the components on the chase board, except the capacitors, and everything SEEMS to be O.K. I do have a Rottendog Board installed and noticed at J1, pin 1 and 2 on the chase board that it was checking at 9 volts A.C., instead of 16 volts A.C., as specified in the manual. I am not sure if that would make a difference, but I was hoping someone could check what voltage they are getting on their machine.
Also, if you disconnect the connector at J1 on the chase board and replug it back in, the lights will change positions on the topper.

2 months later
#2 7 years ago

Hello from a fellow Washington State White Water owner.
I also have a strange issue with my chase lamps. About half of them are totally dead and the remaining ones seem to operate perfect. I have the original board in the back box but the newer GLM lamp boards. Hoping I have time this week to start diagnosing what's wrong.
Any chance you ever figured your issue out? Cheers!
- Josiah

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Hello from a fellow Washington State White Water owner.
I also have a strange issue with my chase lamps. About half of them are totally dead and the remaining ones seem to operate perfect. I have the original board in the back box but the newer GLM lamp boards. Hoping I have time this week to start diagnosing what's wrong.
Any chance you ever figured your issue out? Cheers!
- Josiah

I'm assuming you are using the correct bulbs? The original uses 12v automotive bulbs.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I'm assuming you are using the correct bulbs? The original uses 12v automotive bulbs.

#194 bulb

#5 7 years ago

Yup, correct bulbs used.
About half of the sockets seem dead. I have not had time yet to bust out the DMM to check voltage so that's my next step.
I am guessing that a component in the chase board may be to blame.
I know GLM makes a replacement but I'd like to avoid spending an extra $100 if possible.

#6 7 years ago

And as I was looking I found that the OP's issues probably were due to a known issue with the RD board.
I am assuming he contacted Rottendog and they helped make it right.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

And as I was looking I found that the OP's issues probably were due to a known issue with the RD board.
I am assuming he contacted Rottendog and they helped make it right.

That is correct. I had to replace a couple resistors on the main driver board, this was after I had socketed and replaced the IC's on the small light board.
For you problem, if you have a friend with a WW, you could swap out the light board and narrow down your search.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead-Seattle:

That is correct. I had to replace a couple resistors on the main driver board, this was after I had socketed and replaced the IC's on the small light board.
For you problem, if you have a friend with a WW, you could swap out the light board and narrow down your search.

Do you know if this issue was resolved with current release boards (RD)?

#9 7 years ago

Also since it is relevant, does anyone make the harness from the driver board to the light chase board? I see great lakes has the harness between the light boards and the chase light board. I am needing the wiring between the chase light board and driver board. EVERYTHING is gone on mine

#10 7 years ago

I was told the boards that are 2 years and newer had resolved the issue and it was only an issue with the WW chase light boards.

#11 7 years ago

I make the harness for the chase lights
I also redesigned the chase light board.

See my adds

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-chase-board-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.