(Topic ID: 108474)

White Water chase board and wiring harness now available!

By GLModular

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kvan99
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wh2otlb2a.jpg
wh20twh2a.jpg
wh20twh3a.jpg
wh20twh1a.jpg
wh2oclb2a.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time coming but finally got these ready to ship!

Replacement chase board for White Water.

WH2O-CLB - $100 + S&H
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/wh2o_clb.html

wh2oclb2a.jpgwh2oclb2a.jpg

Features:

Support for common 555 bulbs and factory 194 bulbs
LED indicators for each lamp circuit
Free run mode (independent operation)
Alternate light patterns for enhanced waterfall effects

--

Topper light board wiring harness. Includes p-clips and screws.

WH2O-TWH - $60 + S&H
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/wh2o_twh.html

wh20twh1a.jpgwh20twh1a.jpg

--

The lamp boards have been available for some time.

WH2O-TLB - $30ea + S&H (needs two per game - bulbs not included)
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/wh2o_tlb.html

wh2otlb2a.jpgwh2otlb2a.jpg
Bulbs not included!

--

Inside the backbox, showing the new board and wiring harness.

wh20twh2a.jpgwh20twh2a.jpg

--

Top of the backbox, showing the wiring harness and lamp boards.

wh20twh3a.jpgwh20twh3a.jpg

--

Save $20 by buying a full kit!

P/N: WH2O-KIT: $200 + S&H

Includes:

1x WH2O-CLB - Chase Light Board
1x WH2O-TWH - Topper Wiring Harness
2x WH2O-TLB - Topper Light/Lamp Board

--

I have some videos of the chase board in operation, but don't have them uploaded just yet. Will try to get those up this evening.

Please feel free to post questions/comments here, or email/PM me. Will try to answer them as best as I can.

Thanks!

Tony

#2 9 years ago

Videos have been posted, 6 in total.

I do apologize in advance for less than professional quality. The waterfall effect doesn't quite look as nice on the videos as in person. Plus the foil isn't that great, so consider it the worst case scenario!

First up, standard compatibility game mode (194 bulbs):

#3 9 years ago

Same as above, but with 555 bulbs on the left and 194's on the right:

#4 9 years ago

Free run mode, standard waterfall pattern (194 bulbs):

#5 9 years ago

Free run mode, alternate pattern #1 (194 bulbs):

#6 9 years ago

Free run mode, alternate pattern #2 (194 bulbs):

#8 9 years ago

Wow, now if they will only get the repros finished

#9 9 years ago

Nice, it's hard to tell what the alternate patterns do. Any info there?

#10 9 years ago

It was very difficult to capture the details in the video, so I do apologize about that.

The first alternate pattern is a faster version of the standard waterfall pattern. Makes the water look like it's really rushing over the falls. I think it's a bit more true to life than the standard pattern.

The second alternate pattern is the same speed as the standard version, but instead of a on,on,off repeating pattern, it's a on,on,off,off repeating pattern. The extra off lamp makes the pattern appear a bit darker and more pronounced. This particular pattern may be useful for people that have less than perfect foils (like the one in the videos), since it enhances the waterfall effect.

Cheers,

Tony

#11 9 years ago

Bump for the weekend crowd.

Tony

#12 9 years ago

Very cool.

Quoted from GLModular:It was very difficult to capture the details in the video, so I do apologize about that.
The first alternate pattern is a faster version of the standard waterfall pattern. Makes the water look like it's really rushing over the falls. I think it's a bit more true to life than the standard pattern.
The second alternate pattern is the same speed as the standard version, but instead of a on,on,off repeating pattern, it's a on,on,off,off repeating pattern. The extra off lamp makes the pattern appear a bit darker and more pronounced. This particular pattern may be useful for people that have less than perfect foils (like the one in the videos), since it enhances the waterfall effect.
Cheers,
Tony

Thanks. That's cool!

#13 9 years ago

You don't need the new harness to run the new board do you?

#14 9 years ago

Tony, so glad to hear this is released. Thanks so much.

Bill

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

You don't need the new harness to run the new board do you?

If you have a machine with existing topper and chase system in it, then no. The board is a drop-in replacement and will work with the original wiring harness and lamp boards just fine.

Cheers,

Tony

#16 9 years ago

Ok, will wait to see you at the next show!

#17 9 years ago

Very cool. Once the reproduction foil is done, I'll be all set.

#18 9 years ago

Awesome job! Lets of respect for getting this done for fellow Pinheads!

I just picked up a game with no topper, so i am very ignorant.

Are there lights for behind the waterfall with this product?

What is the mechanism behind the waterfall?

I was thinking if it was anything like what was used in this:

ebay.com link: Vintage Light Up Waterfall 11 1 2 x 9 Picture frame with Sound

#19 9 years ago

Similar concept, the difference is that the lights are in front of the artwork, not behind it.

I guess the story goes is that there used to be vintage beer signs that had embossed foil artwork that had a moving effect built-in, and Nordman wanted that same effect for the waterfall topper. Evidently they found someone that was still doing that kind of work and had it done for the game.

There have been various efforts to reproduce the effect (it's a simple embossed etching really) but it's somewhat of a lost art and I imagine difficult to find someone willing to do it. Yes, I'm aware of the Twisted Pins effort, I know nothing more than anyone else on the matter. Haven't even seen any prototypes of it, even though I was at PAGG and they were there.

Funny story, my wife was classically trained as a lithographer, and that's the same skill set needed to reproduce the artwork. But please, don't email me about it. She hasn't done any lithography in over 20 years. Just saying that it's kind of a dying art. Not many people do it anymore, and it might even be harder to convince anyone to even attempt trying to replicate it.

Hope that helps shed some light on it.

Tony

#20 9 years ago

Thanks to one of the best vendors in pinball. Awesome job Tony.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-chase-board-and-wiring-harness-now-available-from-glm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.