• Latest reply 3 years ago by mbeardsley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

White Water is my all time favorite pin and one has come up on craigslist fairly close to me. They didn't list an asking price so I'm looking for advice on how much I should offer, how much I should be willing to spend, and what issues I should look for and ask about. From the listing it sounds like the guy is expecting to get $6K+ for it which seems a bit much.

Here's the link: modesto.craigslist.org link

Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

I'd say this guy will be expecting 8K plus. Check out the Whitewater club thread, I believe this question was just asked recently.

#3 3 years ago

The listing indicates, perhaps in other words, "all original". That means that the mountains may have cracks/holes. The ramps will have cracks. WhiteWater is a great game (I have one). It is also the most costly and time consuming to restore. Good luck with the hunt!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact ... for board repairs
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#4 3 years ago

Notice how there aren't any good shots of the pf.....I bet there is some wear from the kick out at minimum.

#5 3 years ago

Price says $5,750. More than I would pay, but given the current market, and the fact its your all time favorite pin, grab it! Assuming there is no major playfield wear or trashed ramps. The ramps are very expensive to replace on this game. I miss my WhiteWater ...

#6 3 years ago

I hate sellers like this, no pictures of the typical wear areas like the mine kickout or raft inserts, etc. This could be a gem or a total worn out POS playfield, IMO the seller is looking for suckers desperate for the game but if you want to pursue it ask for detailed pictures of the normal wear areas and go from there.

#7 3 years ago

First thing to deal with is the cabinet, which is coming apart in the corner. Definitely in need to be reglued soon as it is moved. pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8 3 years ago

When you list a pin with a 7k production run as rare and then follow up with retail prices when you are not a retail store. it’s up to you but with it not being 100% even if it’s minor stuff and the cabinet starting to separate, I’d be hard pressed to spend over 4500 for this. It doesn’t sound like they’d be willing to go with that “lowball” offer though.

#9 3 years ago

Pass. Advised a friend before he put eyes on it today.
Cracked ramps, mountains etc.-it all adds up.
Maybe negotiations will go better with you, but not at current asking price.

#10 3 years ago

And if mountains and ramps are cracked like Vino says they are I’d be closer to 4100. They are expensive on this game and they aren’t easy to get to. It hasn’t happened often but there are a few times a year where pretty good players examples of this pin come up on here for right at 4000-4300. This pin is on my wishlist too but for all the fun it offers I don’t think I’d be willing to pay in the 5k range for it. Brand new stern pros can be had for that. You can score other definite “A” list WPC titles for that. TAF, TOTAN, maybe even AFM. Now I like White Water a lot but if you had two games in front of me one being WH20 and the other AFM and said you wanted 5700 for either of them. Unless it was beat I’d probably pick the AFM. I’d say WH20 is a pretty strong contender in the low to mid 4K range.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

And if mountains and ramps are cracked like vino says they are I’d be closer to 4100. They are expensive on this game and they aren’t easy to get to. It hasn’t happened often but there are a few times a year where pretty good players examples of this pin come up on here for right at 4000-4300. This pin is on my wishlist too but for all the fun it offers I don’t think I’d be willing to pay in the 5k range for it. Brand new stern pros can be had for that. You can score other definite “A” list WPC titles for that. TAF, TOTAN, maybe even AFM. Now I like White Water a lot but if you had two games in front of me one being WH20 and the other AFM and said you wanted 5700 for either of them. Unless it was beat I’d probably pick the AFM. I’d say WH20 is a pretty strong contender in the low to mid 4K range.

Not so easy to find these for 4000-4300, and if you do, they need work, missing topper, etc. Pinside average FWIW is now $5k+ so these seem to have increased in selling price lately.

#12 3 years ago

My experience is to be wary of sellers that seem very knowledable of pinball with long detailed descriptions, pics of manuals carefully laid out etc, market analyses yet with precisely no pics of problem areas, barely any pics of playfield or with low lighting, then good lighting on other shots, heavily cropped images especially cab front & backbox. Precisely selective.

From ad: “I've seen completely refurbished ones go even higher in the 10-14k. Definitely NOT expecting this but with some time and work, this game could be in this range.”

Newb bait initiation cycle commonly consists of:

1. Seller posts carefully crafted, selective info and pics highlighting only the good
2. Builds excitement (rarity, almost never used, lucky to even have chance to buy this, profit potential even).
3. Ends ad with “put you in your place” because seller knows and you don’t so trust him and don’t lowball.
4. Sells and ships to newb
5. Newb receives game and has The Matrix, red pill, real world, zoom out moment
6. (Optional depending on pride level): futile attempt to explain something to seller that he has known all along.
7. (Rare but possibe at lowest pride and intelligence level): futile attempt to ask seller for partial refund
8. Newb graduates and years later replies to threads like this

Spidey senses should be going off and if not, then avoid this one. Not saying it will be a total ripoff, just saying every area that seller avoided taking a picture of will not match the images fabricated in the newb buyers head. My guess would be game worth at least $1000 less than what you could get it for from him. Seller will wait it out for shipment to newb - he’s an experienced ebay seller and knows how this works.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not so easy to find these for 4000-4300, and if you do, they need work, missing topper, etc. Pinside average FWIW is now $5k+ so these seem to have increased in selling price lately.

I know it’s not common, there were 3 of them on here within the last couple of months though, one of them was missing a topper but the other 2 had them intact and they looked pretty good. Of course those both sold within the hour they were posted.

#14 3 years ago

$5750 is not an unreasonable price for a decent WH20 (with topper).

However, with the few lousy pictures he provides, there is no way to tell if what he has is worth it. I would simply ask for a lot of detailed pictures of the playfield (including mountains, ramps, kick outs etc.).

If it is close by, go and see (and play) it - it's the only way to be sure.

And yes, WH20 is an awesome (and still underrated) machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-buying-advice?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.