Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by fusion301
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Anyone know of a way to tell for sure if your White Water boulders are factory original?

#2 9 years ago

They'll be cracked and busted.

#3 9 years ago

LOL thats a good one NoVArcade because i've owned that on too. The factory ones are a light brown and the replacement ones are dark brown and usually dont have the signs like boulder canyon put on professionaly.

#4 9 years ago

Chad Keller had a very cool WH2O at the Expo with custom painted white boulders and an Abominable Snowman instead of Bigfoot. It gave a really unique arctic feel to the machine:

#5 9 years ago

Actually Donnyman is close. The reproduction boulders are a lighter shade of brown. The original boulders are a bit darker.

Here is a shot of the repro boulders:
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-WH2O03-87XX&Category_Code=GS-2768&Product_Count=3

I don't think either ones are sold with the boulder signs anymore. The little plastics are sort of a pain to reproduce, and as a result, are getting harder to find for the complete set.

Illinois Pinball are the guys who supply the original boulder sets at the moment, and you can order them from Bay Area Amusements and others.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-WH2O4SET&Category_Code=GS-2768&Product_Count=45

One thing to note is that the original set from Bay Area Amusements lacks the waterfall sticker, even though it is shown in the picture. I had to use my original waterfall sticker from my broken boulder plastic.

As far as choosing one or the other, I don't think it matters if you are changing them all out at once. I went with the originals because some of my boulders were not broken (just the boulder garden and insanity falls waterfall)

#6 9 years ago

ok thanks guys...I am just wondering because I am replacing mine, but want to sell the ones I have but didn't know exactly what they were. I think they are original as they are darker...but I thought they were supposed to be thinner. they are the same thickness as my repros.

#7 9 years ago

That Chad Keller WH2O looks great - I think I would consider doing that if I had one, love the snowy boulders and the Yeti guy - now just need Yukon Cornelius in there looking for gold.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside