Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hlaj78
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Is the repro boulder set out of production now. Can't seem to find them anywhere. Anybody know the details on who was making these, when were they last made and will they made again ?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Stormtrooper:

Anybody know the details on who was making these, when were they last made and will they made again ?

Looks like they're still in stock here:

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Whitewater-Boulders

I got my last set from Marco Specialties, which I'm assuming got them from Starship, since they're the same shade of brown. There's a guy in Europe making these, I believe, but they're super dark brown, and not at all the same shade as the originals.

Edit: Sorry, looks like they're out of stock there too. Sorry. Still, Starship Fantasy is who usually makes these for distribution I believe. Perhaps contact them to see if there is a plan to remake them anytime soon.

1 month later
#3 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Looks like they're still in stock here:
http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Whitewater-Boulders
I got my last set from Marco Specialties, which I'm assuming got them from Starship, since they're the same shade of brown. There's a guy in Europe making these, I believe, but they're super dark brown, and not at all the same shade as the originals.
Edit: Sorry, looks like they're out of stock there too. Sorry. Still, Starship Fantasy is who usually makes these for distribution I believe. Perhaps contact them to see if there is a plan to remake them anytime soon.

Anybody have a boulder set for sale?

#4 6 years ago

I just ordered some from pinball center in Germany, I got them 2 days ago...

#5 6 years ago

They have the full set for sale? Can’t find them? On their site

#6 6 years ago

I've got an original boulder set that I replaced with reproductions when I shopped my game. Some are cracked but most are in acceptable condition.

I'm out of town until the 2nd week in January but if you're interested I can send photos after that. PM if interested.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

They have the full set for sale? Can’t find them? On their site

I didnt need all of them, just the 2 for the pops...I believe they have all of them, just a la carte, not as a set...

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I didnt need all of them, just the 2 for the pops...I believe they have all of them, just a la carte, not as a set...

How do they compare to the original boulders ?

#9 6 years ago

How do they compare to the original boulders ?

quite a bit darker in color, probably not bad if you replace them all but one or two repros mixed in with some originals stands out...

2 weeks later
#10 6 years ago

One last comment about the repro boulders...they are insanely thin and fragile....I touched the top of one and if pushed in and stayed there, I had to push it back into shape from the inside...I used some fiberglass resin and cloth to line the inside of the boulder and it made a huge difference in strength...

#11 6 years ago

Go to know. I wonder if the ones made here by starship fantasy would ould be different. Im holding out for a set from them.

#12 6 years ago

Go to know. I wonder if the ones made here by starship fantasy would ould be different. Im holding out for a set from them.

The set from starship that i have is certainly not fragile. Arguably tougher than the originals.

#13 6 years ago

Agree. I also have a set from starship. They’re excellent reproductions. Nearly identical to the originals in every way—except they’re definitely stronger than the originals, and perhaps very slightly lighter in shade (but I’m talking a negligible amount).

Definitely hold out for them to be remade.

1 week later
#14 6 years ago

I have a full set of White Water boulders (original color type) and never been used I'd be interested in possibly selling the entire set.. PM me for details.

(These have sold)

#16 6 years ago

Pinsider BazilBlast listed a set for sale in a new thread

#17 6 years ago

I have an insanity falls boulder available in nice condition. Pm if interested. Howie

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-boulder-availability?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.