• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170325_223450 (resized).jpg
20170325_111142 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I need help please! My big foot will not turn his head. The traces are all good on the board. The replaced the diodes. Still nothing. I just ordered a new cap for it but I don't think that will fix it. I can only get his head to move 1 way in the test mode. Then the error code will say head position unknown. Then I'm locked out. I have tried to wiggle wires no luck. Any thing else I can check?

#2 7 years ago

I'm not familiar with the assembly, but the position unknown message.....Could that be a bad opto that would sense his position? Or some kind of switch under there?

#3 7 years ago

Check the transistor pairs on the board. You probably have one that is bad, as they control the direction the motor turns. If they are all good, and the cap is good, next step is the chip on the board. I just recently replaced my chip when the head quit turning completely. My transistors were fine, and I replaced the cap as well, since it was an original cap, and was bulging slightly.

#4 7 years ago

I checked the switches on the board and they work. Well I'm saying they work they will open and close when I turn big foot in the test mode. Do you think the cap would be the fix? I don't think it will

#5 7 years ago

I just replaced the transistors today and ordered the new cap. What chip in the board are you talking about? Sorry I not the best at this.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from shane63026:

I just replaced the transistors today and ordered the new cap. What chip in the board are you talking about? Sorry I not the best at this.

Did you test the transistors and verify they were bad, or just shotgun it? You may have caused more issues if you pulled traces through. (Depending on your soldering skill). There is only one chip on the board, a lm339k if I remember correctly. The manual will confirm.

#7 7 years ago

I couldn't test them with being in the circuit so I had to pull this out. They tested good but I had bought new ones so I changed them out. My soldier skills are good I had made sure nothing was touching. I powered it back on and everything was still the same. I need to buy a book for it..lol. I was being a tight ass! Now I'm paying for it. I will check the chip in the morning. I will try to reset it and see if it changes anything. Thank you for helping me out!

#8 7 years ago

I have rebuilt the power board no difference his head still won't turn cw. What else can I look for? I will check the chip in the board today. Thank you for any help

#9 7 years ago

Shane go to ipdb.org you can download the manual for free

#10 7 years ago

Thank you very much! I found the problem
So if anyone has a problem with the big foot check the resistor @ R8. The head would only spin ccw. I hope this may help someone in the future! Thank you guys for the help!

20170325_111142 (resized).jpg20170325_111142 (resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago

Sweet! Well done and thanks for posting the solution!

#12 7 years ago

Looks like your cap spilled it's guts on the resistor. I would still remove the cap, clean up any and all corrosion, and replace cap.

#13 7 years ago

Pic was before I did anything to it. I wanted to show the problem. Board was cleaned and cap was replaced. Big foot is working great!

#14 7 years ago

You are welcome! Next is the new side art! And my Addams family side art! Elvira is finished

20170325_223450 (resized).jpg20170325_223450 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

17,250 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-big-foot-problem?hl=shane63026 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.