6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dsuperbee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170725_214001 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170725_214043 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hello, I am looking for back box led kit white water
    Can show pics about it and config leds...

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Im not sure if youll find a "kit" for this.

But its an Easy one.

For the qty.....count your bulbs.
    For color, Id recommend Warm White or Sunlight (Comet)
    For Personal taste, Id have a few Natural white to see if you like with the Water.
    For other colors, You may want some Blue in the water...I found them too dark, but I used a couple of Ice blue in color.
    For bulb type, Stay frosted, and use a 1 SMD 5050, or Twin 2835.

If you wish a few blinking bulbs...no harm.

Bulbs from all vendors, if at least a 1 SMD Frosted, will do wonders!
    Keep flashers Incandescent.

#3 6 years ago

I did mine custom essentially as Art describes above but with the addition of a couple of comet matrix strips to fill in some of the dark spots. Will post a pic for you when i get home later.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

I did mine custom essentially as Art describes above but with the addition of a couple of comet matrix strips to fill in some of the dark spots. Will post a pic for you when i get home later.

Love to see where you put the Strips!

#5 6 years ago

Here's mine. Done with frosted comet 5050s and twin 2835s in warm white, cool white, ice blue, orange, and (i think) a sunlight or two. Should be fairly obvious what's what.

Next time i order, I'd like to get a longer CW strip to replace the lower right one (comet was out of stock on the 8in for awhile). Also, maybe a 4in WW one for the upper left too.

IMG_20170725_214043 (resized).jpgIMG_20170725_214043 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170725_214001 (resized).jpgIMG_20170725_214001 (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

Awesome! Much better than I did!

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Here's mine. Done with frosted comet 5050s and twin 2835s in warm white, cool white, ice blue, orange, and (i think) a sunlight or two. Should be fairly obvious what's what.
    Next time i order, I'd like to get a longer CW strip to replace the lower right one (comet was out of stock on the 8in for awhile). Also, maybe a 4in WW one for the upper left too.

Quoted from nman:

Nice

#8 6 years ago

Count how many sockets you have, order enough comet warm white to fill only 2/3 of the sockets, install them.
    That way it wouln't be sop bright it reflects or distracts from the bottom

#9 6 years ago

I just used 3 comet cool white strips for mine. Nice and bright and easy to install.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-backbox-led and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.