Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cosmokramer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I'm relatively new to Pinside, but I can't believe how much info is on here! I recently purchased a Williams White Water pinball. Cosmetically the game is beautiful, but a few of the GI headers were burnt after initial inspection, as well as some noticeable damage to the driver board. I decided to send the driver board off to be professionally repaired (CoinOPCauldron) and ordered replacement headers. After replacing the headers on board, the playfield GI (previously not working) came on. However, the back box GI remains dark. I pulled up the game manual, and J-121 appears to be a possible culprit. I've also read that blown fuses can prevent GI from functioning. After checking a few nearby fuses, and making sure the replacement header was properly set, the backbox GI remains dark- with the exception of two single lamps dimly lit when the game initially powers on. The game is playable, but looks funny without the backbox GI functioning. Any suggestions of where to start?

Thanks everyone for helping!

-Al

#2 1 year ago

There is a connector at J120 and J121. The one with the smaller wires goes to the backbox. The bigger wires goes to the playfield. Make sure it is plugged in tightly. Also make sure that the connector is not burnt, and if that is the case, the connector should be replaced. The fuses are 5 amp slo blo. Make sure they are correct and not blown

#3 1 year ago

You replaced both J120 and J121 connectors correct? Also J115 can also burn, this may cause some of the same issues you are describing as this connector brings in power to the board and then back out. Check that connector too.

You can swap the connectors for J120 and J121 around and see if the string of lights that don't work move. If you swap J120 and J121 and the backbox string is still out, the issue is in the connector wiring or lamps in the back box. If you swap J120 and J121 and now several strings on the playfield are out, then look for board issues (header pins, traces, broken plated through holes, blown fuses, etc.)

The manual towards the back shows what wire color goes to which pin on J120 and J121. Be careful when counting the pins because the pins on the board are numbered right to left.

#4 1 year ago

This may sound simple enough but did you check that the back box lamps are good, not burned out
I spent some time chasing my tail on a pin that the backbox lights wouldnt come on...turns out ALL the bulbs were burned out...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Powell, OH
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Branson, MO
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 28.00
€ 3.70
$ 12.95
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside