Whirlpool_with_Blue_LEDs_(all_have_blu.jpg
Whole_Playfield.jpg
003.JPG
005.JPG
004.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG
#1 13 years ago

have a chance to pick up a whit water. I have not played one. The pin is 2 hours away. How is this pin? It looks fun lots of ramps. The pin is in good condition and is $1600. Is this a fair price? Thanks

#2 13 years ago

Get it i just checked and the asking price and its 1600. I herd the gameplay is very addictive. If you don't like it you could always give it to me for my birthday lol.

#3 13 years ago

I always LOVED playing whitewater, some of the best ramp action there is. Definitely in my top-5. Very fun game, and a good price if it's in good shape.

This guy has a good restoration blog of his own machine
http://home.kooee.com.au/brainsnap/

-Hans

#4 13 years ago

Wh20 is a fantastic game. Look for wear on the upper playfield under the wireform, and also at the lost mine.

Also, look for broken ramps, targets and boulders. Wh20 can be a very expensive game to restore. I am picking up my new wh20 on friday-cant wait!

#5 13 years ago

IF I buy it I will be ordering new ramps $599 new rocks $120 and new plastics $90. Just want to know if this pin will be a keeper. Is it stop and go or is there good flow? I like to keep my games for awhile. Don't want to get bord with it in a week. Pins I have now mm,cv,sttng,mb,spiderman,batman dark knight,gnr,lotr,potc. Will this game fit in ? It look diffrent than what I have.

#6 13 years ago

So the cost of that machine for you will be about $2500 with your new parts, balls and rubber. So the question now, is it worth it at that price?

#7 13 years ago

With all new parts ramps,rocks, plastics,white rubbers,new balls,LEDs,shopped out by me ,would be about $2500 . Is this a $2500 pin? I would like to keep it for awhile if it is a keeper. Looks like a nice pin lots of ramps. How is thw flow?

#8 13 years ago

I herd the gameplay is very addictive watch the promo video its pretty sick

#9 13 years ago

The average price on Ebay in the past 4 years is about $1700. So if it needs that much work then I would pass.

#10 13 years ago

It has tons of flow....the game is all ramps.

Seriously, it is the king of flow...Only stop and go is the upper vuk, and the whirlpool. Beyone that its non stop. The only thing I dont like about this game is the music, but its tolerable. The other sounds are cool. The game really integrates the theme well. You will not be disaapointed.

Lookign back at your post, this will be a bit different from the other games, but in a good way. The layout is unique, and that is part of the draw. The one that I am getting on Friday will be my second one. I sold one exactly a year ago friday, and I miss it terribly. For $1600, its a good buy. If you replace ramps, you can sell the old ones if they are in good shape to ease the cost.

#11 13 years ago

The avg wh20 needs needs new boulders, ramps, shop job, and probably other parts as well. I sold a really nice import wh20 with no broken boulders, shopped, and all new ramps (except one) for $2200 last year. Game had some dings, but was in above average shape (not CQ). I think the $1600 price is good if it is complete and working.

Also, if you look at IPDB, you will see it is one of the top rated games. Its sitting at 12 with an average of 8.2 points.

#12 13 years ago

Regarding gameplay, it is actually both stop and go, and flow. It can be played very flowy but it also has a vertical up-kicker to the upper playfield which adds a little "stop" to the play, and a kickout on the bottom. Likewise the whirlpool shot is a "stop shot" as it plays the animation and gives you an award.

All this said, to play with optimal strategy, the game is much more stop and go. That's because the key shot is the center shot > VUK > whirlpool modes.

#13 13 years ago

i never realized how much plastic is in this game. i could def see it being pricey to restore.

this guy has pretty neat lighting effects. (gameplay starts around 4:30min in)

#14 13 years ago

Its very differant from any other pin. Major shots are both on upper playfield which leads to unique game play

#15 13 years ago

I like that game,
nice bright playfield could never get to the far left ramp.

#16 13 years ago

$1600 is not a bad deal for a White Water, even one that needs a bit of work. I see them going in the $2200 range quite often now if they're fully shopped out.

#17 13 years ago

So, what did you decide to do?

#18 13 years ago

I am getting the white water saturday.

#19 13 years ago

Sweet! Good decision! You'll love it!

#20 13 years ago

picked up the white water today. looks good no p/f wear, very dirty needs a good shop job and new rocks. will post some pics tonight.

#21 13 years ago

new rocks? heh. sounds about right for that game tatman. make sure to get cliffy protectors for yours. once i replace my white water boulders, im getting cliffys for them, else they will break again. its almost enivetable that they will break. cheap plastics. what can you do?

make sure to also grab the VUK protector. if the VUK didn't already make a dime sized dent on the bigfoot bluff upper-playfield, it eventually will. cliffy made a special metal piece that the ball can land on, and is flush with the playfield to avoid snags.

as far as other protectors, last I checked, cliffy was out of the disaster drop protector. that thing gets beat up quite a bit.

#22 13 years ago

cleaned it up on the outside. Will order new plastics,ramps,rocks,cliffys monday. Has no wear on p/f

001.JPG001.JPG 002.JPG002.JPG

#23 13 years ago

other side of cabinet. first time i have played this pin today (fun)

004.JPG004.JPG 005.JPG005.JPG 003.JPG003.JPG

#24 13 years ago

It looks like the worst part is the left side is completely faded otherwise it looks good.

#25 13 years ago

Man, I wish I knew where there was one near me to play. That was always one of my favorites, perhaps I'll have to look up getting one in a few years for my next project.

-Hans

#26 13 years ago

The fading issue is a common problem wes. Usually gets faded on one side, and not the other for machines of the era when they were on location/route.

Even with the fade on the left side of the WH2O, no immediate sign of flipper button area wear on either side. Translite and speaker backbox panel look in great shape. I imagine yours didn't come with the topper tatman? Mine came with working light board and strips, but no topper. I got a good price on my WH2O because of it, so I'm not too bummed about it. I got a email lying around from repro guys saying that they were possibly going to repro the entire White Water topper. I'm sure there is a market for them.

I can't tell how good the WH2O upper-playfield is with the glare, but otherwise looks fine. I'm digging the teal leg protectors. Boulders I can't really tell what shape they are in, but there are reproduction pieces for them (includes repro Bigfoot and whirlpool ramp diverter).

Otherwise, grats on your new pin tatman. I love my White Water. IMO, White Water is Dennis Nordman's best game. Its always a blast just to come home from a long day of work, and just unwind, trying to see if today will be the day I get the Vacation Jackpot (let alone, get to Wet Willy's).

#27 13 years ago

The green leg protectors are coming off it was the only color i had. The fade cabinet is ok with me. It did not come with a topper. I will be looking for a topper. I really like the game play lots of flow.

#28 13 years ago

Im aware of the fading issue with games i was just pointing out the worst point. What a great buy too bad MA doesnt have sh*t for games i cant find anything good worth buying.

#29 13 years ago

dmd looks bright as hell in that one pick.

nice find tatman. good luck with it.

u gonna be adding any leds to it??

#30 13 years ago

I will be adding all color insert leds and white and blue leds under the ramps. I will be putting them in today. I ordered new ramps $599 dont know why they are so much$. I ordered new plastics and rocks.hope to have them next week. I tryed cleaning the ramps with novus 3,2 and 1 they look better but not clear(look tinted).

#31 13 years ago

Do you have leds in all of your machines? By the way do you own your own tattoo company?

#32 13 years ago

Hello all,

Nice pick-up!!! I am glad you like the flow of WH2O as it can be a lot of fun once you get the timing down.

As for LEDs, I thought I would show you some that I put into my WH2O. I elected, though, to keep a fair amount of incandescent bulbs in the playfield as I thought the mix looked nice.

Always...

Whole_Playfield.jpgWhole_Playfield.jpg Whirlpool_with_Blue_LEDs_(all_have_blu.jpgWhirlpool_with_Blue_LEDs_(all_have_blu.jpg Upper_Insanity_Falls_with_LEDs.jpgUpper_Insanity_Falls_with_LEDs.jpg Mountain_LED_mod.jpgMountain_LED_mod.jpg Insanity_Falls_with_LEDs.jpgInsanity_Falls_with_LEDs.jpg

#33 13 years ago

For what it is worth, I have since added some LEDs into the lower playfield and some by Bigfoot. I will send them a little later when I get a chance.

#34 13 years ago

your ww looks nice. I like how you did the leds. I will play around with it today and see how it looks.
I have leds in all my game mm,cv,sttng I have them in the insurts not in the GI they did not work well there. my monster bash i have them in all GI and insurets looks great. I have all leds in my guns and roses looks good. I have leds in all my sterns GI and inserts ,spiderman,batman dark knight,potc,lotr,simpsons . I will be putting them in my iron man when i get it hopefuly next weekend.

#35 13 years ago

So...its been a few days. What do you think of the game? I set mine up last night and started swapping out leds. Such a great game.

#36 13 years ago

LED's on WH2O look awesome. I might change mine to LED someday, when I get the chance.

On a side note, I finally got around to getting a topper for my LOTR. I don't know why I took so long, because the LOTR topper on the machine looks incredible!

#37 13 years ago

I really like the white water. It is diffrent then all my other pins. I ordered new ramps,plasices,bolders,plastic protectors for bolders and slings. It will all be here next week then i will start messing with leds. The topper looks great on lotr. I have the topper on my lotr,spiderman and batman dark knight. I will be getting my iron man topper next.

#38 13 years ago

Ramps are so expensive because they are so damned big, and there are so many of them. That left side one is just too much fun.

3 years later
#39 10 years ago

OH, How times have changed.......

#40 10 years ago

LOL...took me a while to see the date of the post....I was thinking "is this guy shittin' me??"

#41 10 years ago

Holy resurrection Batman...

healing-from-batman_robin1.jpghealing-from-batman_robin1.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.