Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Freeplay40
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

skroob.jpg
    white something.jpg
    IMAG0628.jpg
    IMAG0627.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I got a question for you guys. ON my BR, I have white stuff on 2 board in the backbox. It is dry and looks like someone put whiteout on the board She plays fine, but I am just curious what this is, if it is corrosion or paint or something else. If anyone can tell me what it is (and if I need to address it) that would be great, thanks!

IMAG0627.jpgIMAG0627.jpg IMAG0628.jpgIMAG0628.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

It's not corrosion. Could be adhesive left over from some sort of sticker, could be white out, could be a lot of things.

#3 9 years ago

No corrosion was what I was looking for. I just cant place it, though someone here might be able to. I was thinking sticker or splash of something. I will just leave it as is and not worry about it!

Thanks!

#4 9 years ago

just ignore it. might be some tech's signature or who knows what.

#5 9 years ago

Looks like maybe some extra solder mask or something. I wouldn't worry about it.

#6 9 years ago

I feel like I've seen something that looks like white-out on a board before. I wouldn't worry about it.

It's not corrosion.

May be dried ejaculate.

#7 9 years ago

Probably has Chris under it in black sharpie. When he saw he wrote it on the wrong side, he used white out.

LTG : )™

#8 9 years ago

I have never seen that, but give it a few, someone here has.

#9 9 years ago

I must admit Im curious as to what it is...

#10 9 years ago

Looks like a insect or spider nest
    white something.jpgwhite something.jpg

#11 9 years ago

It looks almost as if someone may have repaired some traces on the boars and covered them with white-out (maybe because that's all they had to cover it with?).

#12 9 years ago

Coincidentally I saw this white stuff on a BSD board shown in a Youtube video from TNT Amusements, where they state they revised, reflowed and checked the complete board, hence: it is probably ok
    No clue what it is though.

Check this around 5:11:

#13 9 years ago

LOL some very interesting and disturbing thoughts on this one!

Thanks for the look guys. I appreciate it. I will leave it as it and not worry about it.

#14 9 years ago

First rule of any unknown substance is to lick and see if your taste can help you determine the origin.

Be sure to power down the game first as you want to be safe when licking it.

#15 9 years ago

It looks like whiteout. It is on a lot of my Bally boards. My suspicion is that UNDR IT was a factory date of when the boards were checked by a tech on the assembly line.

I suspect that date was whited out when it was serviced later in it's life and a new date/tag was added. The board probably has a repair date sticker or hangtag on it somewhere with the "latest" service/repair.

#16 9 years ago

They had to white-out the Minutemen Nuclear launch codes that were used during the cold war - "00000000"

skroob.jpgskroob.jpg

#17 9 years ago

White Stuff explained--Eastern Music in Philadelphia in the 70's through the 90's used "whiteout" to put their warranty info on the board using a series of letters and numbers, identifying when the game was sold/serviced. I never figured out the codes, which were really of no used or value to anyone. We use stickers when we reheat/repair the boards with our logo on them.

#18 9 years ago

Could it be thermal grease? That stuff dries out after getting heated several times. We use it at work and it does resemble white out once it dries out.

#19 9 years ago

Yeah, that's definitely alien!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-stuff-on-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.