7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by chipleader
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Hi everyone here at Pinside. I just wanted to take a minute and put another post up about this show. Rich & Brandon are the new promoters of this show and all of us here in Central PA would love to see this be the best York show ever.

If you are with in driving distance of this show please load up a great machine and bring it for the free play area. If you are a vendor please consider adding this show if you are not already booked to do it. And if you love pinball come visit and have some fun.

As one of the "local guys" I would really love to see this show bigger & better than ever. How about everyone close by giving Brandon & Rich as much help and support as we can to make this years White Rose Show one to remember!

#2 7 years ago

I may try to make it up this year. Interested to see what its all about.

#3 7 years ago

If it is like the shows in the past it is a very relaxed show. I compare it to putting that old pair of broke in shoes on - it just seems to fit well.

Not HUGE but also not small. Plenty of machines to play and normally lines are not super long if there is a line at all for a machine. Flea market is kind of small compared to Allentown but I have always spent a few hundred dollars out there anyway. And you don't have to pay to get into the show to walk the flea market unless that has changed this year.

#4 7 years ago

I'm definitely going. Great prices. Great games. Great fun.

#5 7 years ago

Not hauling any games out of the basement, but I'm planning to attend.

#6 7 years ago

I will be there. Looking forward to it as my first show!

#7 7 years ago

When is this show?

#9 7 years ago

Oct 11th & 12th

Here is a link to show web site

http://www.theyorkshow.com/

#10 7 years ago

I'm in too! Small venue, new organizers, high hopes!

#11 7 years ago

Probably still smell like sauerkraut though

1 week later
    #12 7 years ago

How does York compare to the Chicago Expo? I was really wanting to go to Expo but it is quite a drive and I'm having second thoughts. York is a couple hundred miles closer.

Chris

#13 7 years ago

York is a fairly small & laid back show. Free play area normally has about 100 machines, flea market maybe 12 to 15 vendors, etc. If you are looking for big & busy Expo is more that likely the better choice. But if you want to relax, shoot the shit with other pinball guys, and play a few machines York is a great show.

#14 7 years ago

I have not been to York in a few years, but the 2 times I went I really enjoyed it. I agree with above that it has a really good laid back vibe and it had a great selection of pins while I was there (someone brought a scared stiff whitewood that was really cool).

#15 7 years ago

i always enjoy attending the show ! it would be nice if they organized an ifpa tourney at the show . to get the tourney players involved

#16 7 years ago

Should we expect to find playfield glass, legs etc. for sale?

#17 7 years ago

I'll be there and plan on bringing a game.

#18 7 years ago

I'm planning to be there this year. I can't wait. Every year I had prior commitments. I hope I didn't jinks myself, looking forward for it.

#19 7 years ago

I will be there and as mentioned before I plan to pull the Royal Rumble out of the basement for everyone to play. I am finishing up a shop job on it this weekend. I pulled the upper playfield off for the first time and put in LED's.....OHHHH YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH

#20 7 years ago

Hoping to head up on Saturday for the day. Wife may be going out of town so this would be a nice way to spend the day. Wasn't planning on bringing a game...but could always deliver one to be picked up at the show.

#21 7 years ago

I will be there on Saturday, looking forward to my first pin show!

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Carl_694:

Should we expect to find playfield glass, legs etc. for sale?

yes, there are some vendors there that sell that stuff

#23 7 years ago

Is anyone bringing a LOTR that I can play? Will there be a Wizard of OZ there?

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Is anyone bringing a LOTR that I can play? Will there be a Wizard of OZ there?

LOTR might be a bit tough to really get a feel for at a show. It's about an hour drive, but you're welcome to visit and play mine some time.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

LOTR might be a bit tough to really get a feel for at a show. It's about an hour drive, but you're welcome to visit and play mine some time.

Thats a very kind offer and I would like to take you up on that sometime as I work just over in Reston so could potentially come after work one day!

#26 7 years ago

Does Stern have a booth? A look at the new Star Trek would be sweet.

#27 7 years ago

Thats a very kind offer and I would like to take you up on that sometime as I work just over in Reston so could potentially come after work one day!

PM sent. Given the traffic on 606 after work, it might still be an hour drive, though.

Quoted from Kolchak357:

I wouldn't expect Stern there, but it does look like JJP/WOZ might be.

#28 7 years ago

A woz dest. Will have 2 woz there.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Kolchak357:

That would be cool.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

That would be awesome!

#31 7 years ago

Parts are pretty much hit and miss at York. There are a few of the guys that also do Allentown inside but outside is pretty small as far as the flea market goes. So if you are looking for something with a flea market the size of Allentown it isn't York.

We always manage to spend a few hundred at the flea market and there always seem to be a few great deals. But don't expect super big flea market area. Last year it was like 15 to 20 vendors max.

If Rich or Brandon happen to see this post maybe they can let everyone know about how many vendors to expect at the flea market.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

SUH-WEET!!!!!!!!!

#33 7 years ago

I talked to my friends at Cointaker and they are planning to have Stern's Star Trek at the show.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

I talked to my friends at Cointaker and they are planning to have Stern's Star Trek at the show.

That wil be FANTASTIC!!!!

#35 7 years ago

Planning to be there Skip. Will be good to see you again.

#36 7 years ago

I went 2 years ago and had a good time. Parking sucked balls for me.....par for course!

#37 7 years ago

Parking should be better this year, last I heard there wasn't a show scheduled in Old Main on at the same time. But parking at the fairgrounds is free and free parking is always good parking in my book.

#38 7 years ago

Do you think I will be able to get a shaker motor there for a reasonable price?

#39 7 years ago

Depending on what else is going on at the Fairgrounds parking isn't normally all that bad. Last year with the cat show it was a pain but normally not bad.

I am still trying to decide if I want to take a load of parts up for the flea market. I can only be there Friday and can't even stay all day Friday so it is tough justifying renting a flea market space for a few hours of set up. But I have several playfields & other stuff I don't want to ship.

I might list these next week and offer to just deliver them to the show if anyone wants them.

#40 7 years ago

What playfields do you have for sale?

#41 7 years ago

I am going to dig them out this coming week. Off the top of my head a decent Gold Wings - fairly complete, Aztec bare playfield with inserts, and Galaxy bare playfield - no inserts (but I might have them around somewhere). Also a couple Hot Tip populated, and a couple others but I don't remember what machines.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Parking should be better this year, last I heard there wasn't a show scheduled in Old Main on at the same time. But parking at the fairgrounds is free and free parking is always good parking in my book.

For me it means having room to wheel off the end of my chair lift. I need 1 full parking spot on my passenger side to do that. The desinated spots are all ways occupied and finding a isle spot so no one can block me out of my van can be hard to find within the same zip code L0L.

When I went 2 years ago the only spot I could use was 3 buildings away. Had me wondering about getting towed away...Not to mention the hike through traffic to get to the show.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

For me it means having room to wheel off the end of my chair lift. I need 1 full parking spot on my passenger side to do that. The desinated spots are all ways occupied and finding a isle spot so no one can block me out of my van can be hard to find within the same zip code L0L.
    When I went 2 years ago the only spot I could use was 3 buildings away. Had me wondering about getting towed away...Not to mention the hike through traffic to get to the show.

You might want to park at the far end of the Flea Market. No one ever parks down there and instead of having to cross traffic and stuff you could just make a trip up through the flea market area to the show entrance. If I remember that building is isn't used much anyway but every time I have been to York no one has parked down these and it is actually closer to the door than most spaces.

As far as getting towed - when shows are going on they are good because they know people park all over. But if you put a note on your dash with phone number saying you parked there because of you chair and request they call if there is an issue you would have it covered. Maybe not idea but better than parking 1/2 a mile away.

Another idea is to park behind someone set up at flea market (just pull in and ask the person set up in that space). With your parking needs I am sure 95% of people would be understanding and those guys are there all day anyway. That would get you super close to the door.

Just a thought!

#44 7 years ago

Those are good idea's and it gives me more options to work with once I get there, thanks!

#45 7 years ago

No Problem! I'll probably park at the lower end of the flea market myself this year since I always like to walk the flea market one last time before heading to my car anyway.

#46 7 years ago

Finished Shopping my WWFRR and installing new rings and LED's throughout. I am still planning on bringing it to YORK. Hope to meet some Pinsiders there!

#47 7 years ago

Finished Shopping my WWFRR and installing new rings and LED's throughout. I am still planning on bringing it to YORK. Hope to meet some Pinsiders there!

Awesome...looking forward to meeting you and playing WWFRR there!

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vladtheimpaler-8:

Awesome...looking forward to meeting you and playing WWFRR there!

Same here VLAD...are you bringing a game?

#49 7 years ago

Same here VLAD...are you bringing a game?

I love the idea of bringing one to share at the show, but this is my first show and none of my pins are 100% or even 90% working yet, with 2 of them not playable at all, so I am not bringing one. Only 1 pin fits in the SUV, so want to leave space in case I want to buy one, or at a minimum space for playfield glasses, etc.

1 week later
    #50 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am going to dig them out this coming week. Off the top of my head a decent Gold Wings - fairly complete, Aztec bare playfield with inserts, and Galaxy bare playfield - no inserts (but I might have them around somewhere). Also a couple Hot Tip populated, and a couple others but I don't remember what machines.

Too-many-pins, did you ever get a chance to dig these out, been wanting to know what the Galaxy playfield was like.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 159.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 3.50
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 109.99
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 12.50
    Various Novelties
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 39.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.99
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    MicksPinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside