Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 524 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Flipperfun
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aztec copy (resized).jpg
    434C962A-1F5E-4986-9A03-53B3DBBA79F3 (resized).jpeg
    20181013_143530[2628] (resized).jpg
    65D45C1F-2C75-40B4-BAD6-87359F951BF6 (resized).jpeg
    20181013_111231 (resized).jpg
    20181013_110446 (resized).jpg
    20181013_110550 (resized).jpg
    20181013_110724 (resized).jpg
    20181013_110802 (resized).jpg
    20181013_110827 (resized).jpg
    E768DA8A-CE5A-409D-AE87-2537751088C9 (resized).jpeg
    87BA490A-2BDA-4F61-B135-D71448EF56C9 (resized).jpeg
    3C6BD7E1-AF61-49C2-AF12-739BE57AA03C (resized).jpeg
    9270903D-8BC3-4C3F-8272-6E3F622C331C (resized).jpeg
    B6345B1B-B304-4744-94B4-D0440C15FBFC (resized).jpeg
    36EEC408-2B6B-40FE-98F8-4D88D1A30999 (resized).jpeg

There are 524 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
    #501 5 years ago
    Quoted from SteveRivet:

There were 2 of them - I think one was 900, one was 1500. Both were nice.

I did see the one had $1200 obo price it and looked pretty good to me!

#502 5 years ago

Oh and speaking of that, who had that chromed out DemoMan with the custom translite?

#503 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Any flea market/swap pics?

On Friday there was only one person in the outdoor flea market. Notable was a Bally Rolling Stones which seller said played well but needed fully restored with a heavily faded cabinet, well worn PF and decent BG. $1400. Sold by 2:00.

#504 5 years ago

Loved that 1933 Rockola jigsaw game featuring The Chicago World's Fair.A mechanical marvel.Came close to buying it but I needed too many other parts etc to justify it.Maybe next time.

#505 5 years ago
    20181013_143530[2628] (resized).jpg20181013_143530[2628] (resized).jpg
    #506 5 years ago

Brought two games for free play. Not for sale, they made it through the weekend with only a minor gate pop off issue.

434C962A-1F5E-4986-9A03-53B3DBBA79F3 (resized).jpeg434C962A-1F5E-4986-9A03-53B3DBBA79F3 (resized).jpeg
    #507 5 years ago

nice to meet fatality83 , glad i could help with the DMD.

Finally got to play theatre of magic , really fun pin. Also got to try out Deadpool and it was pretty cool too.

#508 5 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

nice to meet fatality83 , glad i could help with the DMD.
    Finally got to play theatre of magic , really fun pin. Also got to try out Deadpool and it was pretty cool too.

Nice meeting you and thanks for the DMD, works great and it's so nice to finally be able to see what ball I am on lol.

#509 5 years ago

Maybe some kind soul would chime in and spell out for us what it went for and what condition it was in, and who bought it? Not every day you see one of these in any reasonable condition go up for sale... For good reason, they are a purely mechanical 'dot matrix' machine, a 4x5 as I recall.

#510 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Brought two games for free play. Not for sale, they made it through the weekend with only a minor gate pop off issue.
    [quoted image]

I enjoyed your Space Shuttle, thanks for bringing it, if you decide to sell, keep me in mind.

#511 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

[quoted image]

I've got to hand it to you.....I didn't have much hope for that Space Shuttle when I stepped to it and saw how much playfield wear it had. Obviously has seen a LOT of play over it's life. But that machine honestly was probably one of the best playing machines in the non-vendor space free play area (the TWD, TX Sector and MAYBE one of the many Rollergames may be the only ones I felt might have had it beat for feel). Flipper strength and response was absolutely perfect and the machine was set up perfectly to play fast, making the locks a real challenge (especially the left lock)....just the way it should be. Goes to show that if you know what you are doing, a machine doesn't have to look great to play great. Really nice job.

#512 5 years ago

Also, for those that had the opportunity to play ACNC, and have in the past as well, I have a question: did that machine seem slow? It's the first time I've played it. I loved the large number of shots (even though that makes them a bit tight) and the art and animation style is one of the best I've ever seen...period. Flipper strength was good, but I felt like it took forever for the ball(s) to get back to the lower flippers and the orbit shots were painfully slow. If that machine played faster, I'd be completely sold. Any idea if it was playing "as intended", or was it just not very well dialed in?

#513 5 years ago

On Friday I had my Bally Eight Ball in the free play area with my signature “powerball” in place of the old clanky steel one. Pops and slings all rebuilt. If you played it, how did it play?

#514 5 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Also, for those that had the opportunity to play ACNC, and have in the past as well, I have a question: did that machine seem slow? It's the first time I've played it. I loved the large number of shots (even though that makes them a bit tight) and the art and animation style is one of the best I've ever seen...period. Flipper strength was good, but I felt like it took forever for the ball(s) to get back to the lower flippers and the orbit shots were painfully slow. If that machine played faster, I'd be completely sold. Any idea if it was playing "as intended", or was it just not very well dialed in?

Now I only had 3 balls on it and I am not a very experienced pinball player so take this for what its worth , but I wouldn't say it was slow. It's definitely not a super fast paced game, but it didn't feel clunky or slow for me. There is definitely a lot to shoot at with this game and I loved the LCD comic book animations it did. I wished I would of gotten a chance to get more then 3 balls but there was always a line.

#515 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

Now I only had 3 balls on it and I am not a very experienced pinball player so take this for what its worth , but I wouldn't say it was slow. It's definitely not a super fast paced game, but it didn't feel clunky or slow for me. There is definitely a lot to shoot at with this game and I loved the LCD comic book animations it did. I wished I would of gotten a chance to get more then 3 balls but there was always a line.

The line for that one WAS tough. I gutted it out to get a few plays in....helped that I had both Friday and Saturday to do it.

Yeah, it definitely didn't feel clunky. And when the machine kicked the ball back at you from one of the upper left areas, it came REALLY fast....like the same speed as the scoop on TNA, which is pretty quick. Also comes in at a nice angle that lets you do either a drop catch, or simply do nothing and just let the ball do the work if you want to transfer to the other flipper. But on a semi-bricked shot, or when it came back without machine supplied force, I found myself just wanting it to get there quicker most of the time. Maybe just a little steeper would have helped? Or maybe that would have affected the ability to make it up into (or up out of) the upper playfield?

#516 5 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

I've got to hand it to you.....I didn't have much hope for that Space Shuttle when I stepped to it and saw how much playfield wear it had. Obviously has seen a LOT of play over it's life. But that machine honestly was probably one of the best playing machines in the non-vendor space free play area (the TWD, TX Sector and MAYBE one of the many Rollergames may be the only ones I felt might have had it beat for feel). Flipper strength and response was absolutely perfect and the machine was set up perfectly to play fast, making the locks a real challenge (especially the left lock)....just the way it should be. Goes to show that if you know what you are doing, a machine doesn't have to look great to play great. Really nice job.

Thanks for the prase on the game play. Glad you enjoyed the game.
    Picked the Space Shuttle up as a non-working project from Coin-op a while ago. Only thing that did actually work in it were two score displays and the master display board. Everything else was repaired/rebuilt or replaced. Only reason I bought it was because the backglass was in very good condition. Didn't even have it finished until 3 pm on Thursday then loaded it for the show.
    Here is a little tip for setting up early solid state pins. I put 27" legs on the front and 28.5" legs on the back. Gives it a nice 5.4 pitch. Then you only have to mess with leveling side to side. Nothing I hate more then playing a game with floating balls. Also, upgrade to WPC flipper brackets and springs makes a world of difference.

#517 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

[quoted image]

That Black Knight played nice!!

#518 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pbpins:

Oh and speaking of that, who had that chromed out DemoMan with the custom translite?

butch.
    its a sweet DM!

#519 5 years ago

Hi , i am selling my HUO Iron Maiden Premium 2.5 hours away in 18302. NE PA

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-iron-maiden-premium-6800-

Maybe someone is passing by or wants this nearly new game . TBH Houdini has been getting all the plays over here.

#520 5 years ago

I thought these upper apron plastics were cool on that Aztec. Are these for sale somewhere?
    aztec copy (resized).jpgaztec copy (resized).jpg

#521 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pbpins:

I had it at the show. It got a lot of attention but I ended up coming home with it. Open to trades on it or $3800 takes it.

Machine - For Sale
    Demolition Man Archived
    Partially restored (almost original) - “Up for sale is a semi restored Williams Demolition Man. It was in the free play area at Allentown if you were there this year. I bought it from Eric Bundy who semi restored it. I'...”
    2018-11-03
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Archived after: 9 days
    Viewed: 856 times
    Contributed to Pinside

1 week later
    #522 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

On Friday I had my Bally Eight Ball in the free play area with my signature “powerball” in place of the old clanky steel one. Pops and slings all rebuilt. If you played it, how did it play?

Thanks so much for bringing the game to York, and played it a bunch. The game played fantasticly well for me. I wasn’t a big fan of the power ball though, the biggest reason being it typically would get hung up on the left top ball entrance gate. The lighter ball also made it more difficult to control shots - specifically the top right channel.

1 week later
    #523 5 years ago

Lesson learned by all, yet again is to not deviate much from the original equipment or designer, unless you seriously are onto something new other than 'bling' or 'effect'. The old school ruled, some folks spent time actually thinking about things with market pressures involved.

#524 5 years ago
    Quoted from Flipperfun:

Have a pretty nice CFBL, MM, TAFG & TOM up for sale that I can deliver to the show if a deal is done beforehand. I can only fit two in the SUV and will only be at the show on Friday.

Just an update, a deal on the Addams Gold & TOM was done at the show and games picked up today as agreed upon. So, CFBL & MM are still available and I’ll make a nice package deal on the pair since I am powering down for the season in the next 2-3 weeks!

There are 524 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2018-buy-sell-trade-and-swap/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.