Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 488 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B32FBF5F-911A-43B4-B880-9A6456818011 (resized).jpeg
    2018 York - Seeburg Model 201 (resized).jpg
    B02C5EF3-9D7F-4303-88BB-B1F1DC7F4435 (resized).jpeg
    049 (resized).JPG
    063 (resized).JPG
    058 (resized).JPG
    045 (resized).JPG
    043 (resized).JPG
    029 (resized).JPG
    036 (resized).JPG
    031 (resized).JPG
    019 (resized).JPG
    024 (resized).JPG
    014 (resized).JPG
    021 (resized).JPG
    016 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 week later
    #80 5 years ago

I agree!

Thanks Otaku. I just want to share what incredible games these are. Jeffrey Lawton has been bringing at least two bingos every year for many years before I started coming (2012) to York, and that was a few years before the first Bingo Row. I've always been impressed with the woodrail turnout each year (thanks everyone!), so thought it would be neat to have the bingos and woodrails together. We've all worked very hard to bring as many different types of games as possible for the public to experience, and plan to keep doing so for as long as everyone is willing.

I'll be back this year with a new set of great prizes that I think everyone will enjoy. Start practicing your nudging!

Sorry about your nose - RyanClaytor was the genius behind the color choice and beautiful illustration, though - I am hopeless with all art (which is why I commissioned him to make those).

My favorite experiences are introducing new bingo lovers to the games, and catching up with old friends and new.

2 months later
    #200 5 years ago

This year's Bingo Row is shaping up to be quite the event!

1) Another assortment of games to play
    2) The Multi-Bingo (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multi-bingo-machine) has had another year of polish, including 100% accurate coin flash and mechanical backbox animations programmed. I am looking forward to teaching new folks how to play and seeing the reaction to my hard work.
    3) I just got a proof of this year's giveaway for completing 4 or 5 in a line, and you will want one of these - limited prints (100 total) of the beautiful Bingo Row artwork by comics artist Ryan Claytor. These are going to be gorgeous, and if you have any of his other posters/prints, you know what you are in for.
    4) Dennis Dodel has found a Silver Sails, still in its original shipping box (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-in-the-box)! He is planning to bring it to the show and publicly unpack, set up, and (optimistically) have it playable by the public! This is exceptional. There are very few games from 1962 still in their original box, strapped to a pallet, unopened. Much less one that is extremely desirable.
    5) Another collector is planning to bring a game that was never listed on any production list and only 1 has been found. It was just discovered last year, and is another exceptional rarity.
    6) The largest number of bingo pinball collectors will be present this year, and some traveling quite a distance! Nice fellows, all. I look forward to catching up with them all.

What a show this will be! I cannot wait. Even if you don't like bingos, please stop by and see what's going on in Bingo Row. It is a once-in-a-lifetime event for several reasons!

1 week later
    #221 5 years ago

The completed prints are done! These are beautiful, hand-numbered and signed by the artist @ryanclaytor, and show off several of the types of bingo pinball machines that we typically have in the Bingo Row. There are some easter eggs in the art as well!

This is the same design that I commissioned for the t-shirt giveaway 2 years ago, but the artwork has been redone for these gorgeous prints.

The White Rose Gameroom Show is featured on the banner at the bottom!

To get a free print, all you have to do is make a four in a row or better on any of the games in Bingo Row. Commemorate your win!

IMG_20180823_135840_232 (resized).jpgIMG_20180823_135840_232 (resized).jpg

Also remember this year we have an unboxing of a sought-after game from 1962 (Silver Sails)! Time capsule! We plan to document and have the machine playable, if possible. How cool is that?

The unboxing will take place on Friday morning at 10:30. Hope to see everyone there!

1 month later
    #314 5 years ago

Bingo Row is going to host a game unboxing - a 1962 Bally Silver Sails! Very excited to see a new game and answer some long-standing questions posed by the collector community.

Volunteers needed for filming! Please contact me for details.

Handbill - Unboxing a Bally Silver Sails (1962).pdfHandbill - Unboxing a Bally Silver Sails (1962).pdf

#316 5 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

Well that's very cool! Where was a NOS bingo found?

DennisDodel found it near WI. And it's not just any game - one of the most desirable titles! I am thrilled that he decided to publicly unbox at York!

#318 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Hopefully the game will be playable but I have my doubts after 46 years in Nebraska and Minnesota winters.

Bally games can take a beating! I remain very optimistic.

1 week later
    #429 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

Did you happen to see if the game powered right on and played right away or did they have to do some work to get it up and running?

I cleaned the male plugs as there was some oxidation, hand-tested the motors and steppers and everything was perfect (except for one stepper).

I let Dennis know about that, but to rebuild the stepper the backglass would have had to have been pulled. As that stepper controlled the time tree (favorable to the player), I put a couple of dabs of pbr grease on it in place and worked it around.

I put a few drops of motor oil in the bearing tubes after part of Friday just in case, making sure to wipe off any excess around the tubes.

One flaky fuse holder (right out of the box!) And a few flaky sockets. Nothing major.

Dennis and his friend Jon are absolute treasures for bringing that game all the way from St. Louis to share with the entire pinball community. That was not something I'll forget any time soon. Thank you Dennis and Jon.

Thank you to all who played it, asked questions about the mechanics, learned the rules, and won! There were a few gate wins, many ok games, lots of big sectional and inline wins, but no blue section.

#439 5 years ago

I'm still in shock that my game won Best Pinball!
    Dennis won People's Choice for the Silver Sails!

Two bingos in one year - I'm extremely humbled and excited.

As always, a giant thank you to Rich and the show staff, and all the players and collectors that bring their games to share and make the show such a great time every year.

I was able to play an Exhibit's New Contact with the spring pop bumpers, a beautifully restored Kewpie Doll and Hit 'N Run, Diamond Lil with the gorgeous playfield animation, and a great Guys Dolls. I feel like Guys Dolls gives bingo players a bit of an advantage.

The prewar games were another highlight (Merry-Go-Round, Jigsaw, Plaball, etc), and of course all of the other great games. Thank you to all who made the trip and hauled these heavy, fun games for all to play.

...and the folks in Bingo Row that helped teach people to play and brought games and answered player questions - my eternal gratitude!

United's Serenade (the only known example of that game known to exist) was at the show - so very cool.

The Silver Sails, another amazing highlight.

What a year!

Photo from the White Rose Facebook page:
    FB_IMG_1539524888064 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1539524888064 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.