Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 488 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B32FBF5F-911A-43B4-B880-9A6456818011 (resized).jpeg
    2018 York - Seeburg Model 201 (resized).jpg
    B02C5EF3-9D7F-4303-88BB-B1F1DC7F4435 (resized).jpeg
    049 (resized).JPG
    063 (resized).JPG
    058 (resized).JPG
    045 (resized).JPG
    043 (resized).JPG
    029 (resized).JPG
    036 (resized).JPG
    031 (resized).JPG
    019 (resized).JPG
    024 (resized).JPG
    014 (resized).JPG
    021 (resized).JPG
    016 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 5 years ago

Now that pintastic is behind us, it's time to start looking forward to York!

4 weeks later
    #149 5 years ago

I don't think the artwork on that shirt was a far cry from previous years. This is one of my favorite pinball shirts ever. Other shows have had similar artwork on show t-shirts. Reflective of many of the machines that we are playing there

20180731_135437 (resized).jpg20180731_135437 (resized).jpg
    #156 5 years ago

Still trying to figure out why someone from Utah cares what the t-shirt is in a Pennsylvania show...

#157 5 years ago

I'll try to get the show back on track by saying that @jigglymartian and I have been picking up games to have in our booth at the show. We just picked up a documented home use only Lord of the Rings LE and HUO TSPP. I know he has a bunch of stuff they can bring. I'm sure he'll post a list as it gets closer. Right now I plan on bringing Avatar Pro, Monopoly if I can get it ready, Al's garage Band, at least one Twilight Zone maybe two. Also may be listing my Spider-Man black shortly.

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

If you're that shortsighted, I can't help you. You can either choose to educate yourself on why these things matter or continue to not see the problem. That's really your choice. But these sorts of things are problems. It's for the better of the show if that type of art isn't representing the show.
    If you are a parent and happen to see that shirt being promoted on Facebook, are you likely to be more or less encouraged to take your kids to the show? a woman just barely getting into pinball, and you think this might be a good first show for you, would that shirt encourage or discourage you from going? Think about it a bit.
    We're trying to grow the hobby and make it more comfortable for everyone. Everybody knows that pinball used to be filled with art and themes that were aimed at appeasing straight, white male interests, but pinball is bigger than that. We're trying to move forward. The more welcoming we can make the hobby, the more healthy it will be for all involved.

Short-sighted is someone thinking that the world is going to cater to their views.

Before this was a hobby, it was a business. If you have something that appeals to people they will buy it. If not they won't. Sex/sexy sells. I'm sure they could sell the T-shirt with the girl on it and just a plain t-shirt that says white rose game show or any other game show and see which one brings in the most money. That would determine future sales offerings because it sold or didn't.

I have a daughter and I bring her to pinball shows and I have worn that t-shirt that I posted above. I'm a big fan if you don't like it don't buy it. Also a fan of free speech. It's not nudity it's cartoon art that reflects a lot of the games that are there.

Maybe you should start another thread on this subject and not clog up the show's thread. It is not the only show that has had t-shirts like this. I'm done talking about it on this thread.

Looking forward to the show!

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

This is all we want (along with you having a good time at the show). The vendors are what make the show possible and they all spend significant amount of money and time to attend the show. Please support them and buy from them.

PM sent on shirt order.

2 months later
    #345 5 years ago

Has anyone seen a floor plan yet?

#351 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

anyone know if there will be any vendors selling new playfield glass or DMDs?

Typically glass is only at Allentown. I'll have a couple of color DMD's. I can bring a regular if you need something specific or if someone doesn't want the color DMD in one of the machines that I'm selling.

#359 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

I may be in the market for a color DMD for LW3 or TAF if you have anything that might work with them

I don't have any extra Data East ones but I have one that would work for TAF

#364 5 years ago

Glad to see Starship Fantasy on the list! Buy those ramps guys & keep him coming back. I didn't think he was coming back again. Huge trip for him.

#369 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

How much you want for one for TAF?

$400 each. It basically saves you shipping.

#380 5 years ago

Loaded and on the way!

Look for me and Rich @jigglymartian at the show. We will have two booths!

20181011_102245 (resized).jpg20181011_102245 (resized).jpg20181011_102246 (resized).jpg20181011_102246 (resized).jpg
    #487 5 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

And the shirt that was created to offer an alternative to it didn't sell at all. All I can say is people vote with their money. And I have a lot of new expensive cleaning rags.

Hopefully you didn't put the date on it that way they may be able to be sold at Future shows. I grabbed one of the black shirts right away figuring that that would happen. You always have the best game show shirts! $15 is a great price also.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition?tu=Butch2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.