Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 488 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B32FBF5F-911A-43B4-B880-9A6456818011 (resized).jpeg
    2018 York - Seeburg Model 201 (resized).jpg
    B02C5EF3-9D7F-4303-88BB-B1F1DC7F4435 (resized).jpeg
    049 (resized).JPG
    063 (resized).JPG
    058 (resized).JPG
    045 (resized).JPG
    043 (resized).JPG
    029 (resized).JPG
    036 (resized).JPG
    031 (resized).JPG
    019 (resized).JPG
    024 (resized).JPG
    014 (resized).JPG
    021 (resized).JPG
    016 (resized).JPG
    There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
    #351 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

anyone know if there will be any vendors selling new playfield glass or DMDs?

Typically glass is only at Allentown. I'll have a couple of color DMD's. I can bring a regular if you need something specific or if someone doesn't want the color DMD in one of the machines that I'm selling.

#352 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Looking to pick up a sheet of invisiglass. Any vendors bringing that I need to contact in advance?

Check with Joe from PinBall Star. He has brought some in the past as long as the deal is made in advance.

#353 5 years ago

Are there any cigar bars in York? Jim Palson and I want to visit and relax with a nice cigar.

#354 5 years ago
    Quoted from hillbilly:

Check with Joe from PinBall Star. He has brought some in the past as long as the deal is made in advance.

Thanks. Just ordered.

#355 5 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

Are there any cigar bars in York? Jim Palson and I want to visit and relax with a nice cigar.

Jim should know he spends 50% of his life driving around central PA on his way to and home from service calls. I think he knows every bump on every road in central PA.

From my conversation with him earlier today a beer might be better than a cigar. He was trying to get 3 machines ready for the show & now he is hoping to at least get two of them finished. Funny how York has a way of sneaking up on all of us!

#356 5 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

Not really any cigar bars per se, but there is Hain's Pipe Shop about 10 minutes from the Fairgrounds. They easily have the best selection. Then you can head down the road to White Rose Bar and Grill. Good food, classy joint and they have a smoking bar.

#357 5 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

The Cove has a cigar and whiskey bar and is only a few miles from the fairgrounds: https://www.thecoveyork.com/cigar-menu

#358 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Typically glass is only at Allentown. I'll have a couple of color DMD's. I can bring a regular if you need something specific or if someone doesn't want the color DMD in one of the machines that I'm selling.

I may be in the market for a color DMD for LW3 or TAF if you have anything that might work with them

#359 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

I may be in the market for a color DMD for LW3 or TAF if you have anything that might work with them

I don't have any extra Data East ones but I have one that would work for TAF

#360 5 years ago

Pinsound is scheduled to be a vendor at the show.

Quoted from davebart5:

Is anyone selling Pinsound at the show this year that would be a better price than on their site? Obviously shipping is eliminated but that’s only $8.

#361 5 years ago

At this point, the following business and people have registered for either a vendor or flea market spot at the show. Please support them as they are the people that make the show possible:
    Rage Tilt Pinball Co
    Mayfair
    Pinball Wizard / Chance Tess
    Rosete
    Bob Butch
    Peter Frasciello
    Pinsound
    Rob Kahr
    PinballStar
    AHJBS
    Pinball Gallery
    Jim
    Ivan
    Arcade Graphix
    LerMods
    Greg Stanish
    Pinball Photos
    Coin Taker
    Pinnovators
    Lancaster Virtual Reality Lounge
    Kevin Meckley breweriana
    Mike Reeder
    Rec Room Specialties
    Pinball Parts +
    Classsic Arcades
    Andrew
    Royal Flush
    StarShip Fantasy
    Charlie
    IFPA
    Mike Frasca Gametime
    Skip
    Flash & Trash
    Michael Saunders
    Marlin B
    Tolley Mike
    Johnson Robert
    Faber Gerry
    Joe Miller
    Pat Gallagher
    WV Pinball players / Steve Schohy
    Jeff Moorehead
    Skip

#362 5 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

At this point, the following business and people have registered for either a vendor or flea market spot at the show. Please support them as they are the people that make the show possible:
    Rage Tilt Pinball Co
    Mayfair
    Pinball Wizard / Chance Tess
    Rosete
    Bob Butch
    Peter Frasciello
    Pinsound
    Rob Kahr
    PinballStar
    AHJBS
    Pinball Gallery
    Jim
    Ivan
    Arcade Graphix
    LerMods
    Greg Stanish
    Pinball Photos
    Coin Taker
    Pinnovators
    Lancaster Virtual Reality Lounge
    Kevin Meckley breweriana
    Mike Reeder
    Rec Room Specialties
    Pinball Parts +
    Classsic Arcades
    Andrew
    Royal Flush
    StarShip Fantasy
    Charlie
    IFPA
    Mike Frasca Gametime
    Skip
    Flash & Trash
    Michael Saunders
    Marlin B
    Tolley Mike
    Johnson Robert
    Faber Gerry
    Joe Miller
    Pat Gallagher
    WV Pinball players / Steve Schohy
    Jeff Moorehead
    Skip

Looks like a good line up. Something for everyone to purchase parts to fix a pin or buy a new pin.

#363 5 years ago

I got Rich so messed up this year he has my name on the list twice. Maybe because we are doing one vendor space & one flea market space. Either way I am just glad he still had room for us at the show since I didn't know exactly what I would be bringing until today. See the buy/sell/trade post for our finalized list of machines headed to the show.

Sadly Wayne will not be bringing his Pinitech stuff along but if you order something from him I can have it at the show for you to pick up.

#364 5 years ago

Glad to see Starship Fantasy on the list! Buy those ramps guys & keep him coming back. I didn't think he was coming back again. Huge trip for him.

#365 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Glad to see Starship Fantasy on the list! Buy those ramps guys & keep him coming back. I didn't think he was coming back again. Huge trip for him.

I bought some stuff from him last year and he said that's why he can't do the Allentown show anymore - to make that drive for one show didn't work, the York show worked if there was enough interest and he does another show along the way.

#367 5 years ago

I think he said it is a 27 hour drive for him. It is a huge undertaking and expense for him and the other vendors to attend the show. Please support him and the other vendors.

Quoted from Butch2099:

#368 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I don't have any extra Data East ones but I have one that would work for TAF

How much you want for one for TAF?

#369 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

How much you want for one for TAF?

$400 each. It basically saves you shipping.

#370 5 years ago

Will there be any games in the freeplay area with a playfield protector?

I am considering one for my Flash, and would like to play a game that has one installed.

#371 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

Will there be any games in the freeplay area with a playfield protector?

I am considering one for my Flash, and would like to play a game that has one installed.

I'm planning to bring my Alien Poker - it has the protector I made myself in it. Reference here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-made-a-playfield-protector-self-evaulation

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#372 5 years ago

Was hoping on coming down this year, but things just got too busy. Will actually be in Allentown on Thursday but not enough time to get to York. Hope everyone has a great show.

#373 5 years ago

Is the Wyndham the best hotel to stay at? I just tried calling them and they're sold out of the room rate and I could barely hear the guy and it had like a 5 second delay.

#374 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Is the Wyndham the best hotel to stay at? I just tried calling them and they're sold out of the room rate and I could barely hear the guy and it had like a 5 second delay.

Stayed there last year and didn't like it.
    La Quinta this time.

#375 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

I haven't found a hotel I like in York so I just stay at the Wyndham.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinballl 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#376 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

'm planning to bring my Alien Poker - it has the protector I made myself in it. Reference here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-made-a-playfield-protector-self-evaulation
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

Ugh. Alien Poker isn't coming. I'll be shopping for some coils for it.

-Rob

#377 5 years ago

Unfortunately, the newer luxury hotels in the York Area are on the other side of town. They are about a ten or 15 minute drive from the fairgrounds. The hotels near the Fairgrounds (with the exception of the LaQuinta) are in the "older but clean and functional) category.

Quoted from rkahr:

I haven't found a hotel I like in York so I just stay at the Wyndham.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinballl 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#378 5 years ago

What the f@#$....wheres the hype and excitement. FN YORK SHOW IS TOMORROW!!!
    IM PUMPED/EXCITED/and pockets loaded with cash....THANKS TO ALL WHO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

#379 5 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

What the f@#$....wheres the hype and excitement. FN YORK SHOW IS TOMORROW!!!
    IM PUMPED/EXCITED/and pockets loaded with cash....THANKS TO ALL WHO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

We are just getting ready to hit the road for set up day. Typically I am one of the guys that likes to "HYPE" the York Show because Rich is such a nice guy and works so hard ever year to make it happen. Something is different this year for me - I am just low on energy for some reason but I am still excited to make my first show in like 6 years.

A BIG THANKS to Rich, his family and everyone else who helps make York better every year. Without the pinball communities support there wouldn't be great shows so thanks to the pinball community also!

#380 5 years ago

Loaded and on the way!

Look for me and Rich @jigglymartian at the show. We will have two booths!

20181011_102245 (resized).jpg20181011_102245 (resized).jpg20181011_102246 (resized).jpg20181011_102246 (resized).jpg
    #381 5 years ago

On the road & Skyrocket in the trunk. Will be my first time at this show. Will be great to see everyone & all the EM goodness... as well as the Great Bingo Unboxing.

#382 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

On the road & Skyrocket in the trunk. Will be my first time at this show. Will be great to see everyone & all the EM goodness... as well as the Great Bingo Unboxing.

I'll be looking for you Nic!

#383 5 years ago

For once, I am coming with an empty spot in my game room and cash money! Now to see if I leave with anything. I have an after York show possibility if not.

Looking forward to it tomorrow!!!!

#384 5 years ago

we need setup pics later today, please.

#385 5 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

we need setup pics later today, please.

Yes, we do - I like to check machines and rule sets so I can better enjoy them!!!!

#386 5 years ago

Just checked into the Wyndham, elevator door opened to the second floor and it's about 85 degrees and humid in the hall. Thank goodness the room's AC is strong. Gonna need a cold beer each trip out to combat heat exhaustion!

20181011_180708 (resized).jpg20181011_180708 (resized).jpg
    #387 5 years ago

Looking forward to the show! For the Saturday IFPA tournament, we're still looking for two more machines that we can set up in our tournament area along the side wall to use in the Finals of the event. Even if you have the machine in the Free Play area on Friday, we'll happily help you move it over to our area on Saturday. If you're interested please drop us a line at [email protected].

#388 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pmedic871:

Just checked into the Wyndham, elevator door opened to the second floor and it's about 85 degrees and humid in the hall. Thank goodness the room's AC is strong. Gonna need a cold beer each trip out to combat heat exhaustion!
    [quoted image]

Nice picture. But where are the identical twin girls asking you to come play?

#389 5 years ago

How does the venue look? I'm leaving DC at 6:00 am to set up during the pre-show hours

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

#390 5 years ago

The venue is looking great and is almost full already. Lots of people braved the rain today, brought their games and set up.

Quoted from rkahr:

How does the venue look? I'm leaving DC at 6:00 am to set up during the pre-show hours
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

#391 5 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

The venue is looking great and is almost full already. Lots of people braved the rain today, brought their games and set up.

Nice...packing up now. Damn you rain!

08617000-23A2-4382-AB12-DB941B5E7351 (resized).jpeg08617000-23A2-4382-AB12-DB941B5E7351 (resized).jpeg
    2E4219FC-5689-472C-8E3E-1291D06AD67C (resized).jpeg2E4219FC-5689-472C-8E3E-1291D06AD67C (resized).jpeg

#392 5 years ago

FYI- Spotted this and added to the pinmap last night. If you are looking for some cheap eats after the show, check out this Pizza shop in York with a Party Zone on location. Also updated the status of the machines at Timeline Arcade.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #393 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Also updated the status of the machines at Timeline Arcade.

I went there for the last time a little over a month ago. That issue with Ghostbusters hasn't been resolved since they first put it on the floor. Can't recommend this place.

#394 5 years ago

There is a Fathom at the show!
    Death Dive

76554682-8787-456B-97C6-73B7A8CD8D8C (resized).jpeg76554682-8787-456B-97C6-73B7A8CD8D8C (resized).jpeg
    #395 5 years ago

Hope everyone has a great show. Plz post lots of pics, especially of the wedgeheads and flea market

#396 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I went there for the last time a little over a month ago. That issue with Ghostbusters hasn't been resolved since they first put it on the floor. Can't recommend this place.

Its a shame, because its a 10 second fix in the adjustments menu.

#397 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Its a shame, because its a 10 second fix in the adjustments menu.

I was told that they are known to be extremely lazy when it comes to repairs, then when someone calls them out on it online they reply defensively insisting that the machine was working before the person that is complaining had arrived which never turns out to be true.

#398 5 years ago

Any idea where the guy that is selling pinball glass is located? He said he was selling it out of his car. I want to go after work and maybe pick up a sheet

#399 5 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I was told that they are known to be extremely lazy when it comes to repairs, then when someone calls them out on it online they reply defensively insisting that the machine was working before the person that is complaining had arrived which never turns out to be true.

I messaged them about all the things I sawand they said "thanks for the info". So we will see. I offered to come fix Ghostbusters myself if they didn't know how.

#400 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I messaged them about all the things I sawand they said "thanks for the info". So we will see.

None of that will get fixed.

There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition/page/8?hl=schnollms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.