Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 488 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B32FBF5F-911A-43B4-B880-9A6456818011 (resized).jpeg
    2018 York - Seeburg Model 201 (resized).jpg
    B02C5EF3-9D7F-4303-88BB-B1F1DC7F4435 (resized).jpeg
    049 (resized).JPG
    063 (resized).JPG
    058 (resized).JPG
    045 (resized).JPG
    043 (resized).JPG
    029 (resized).JPG
    036 (resized).JPG
    031 (resized).JPG
    019 (resized).JPG
    024 (resized).JPG
    014 (resized).JPG
    021 (resized).JPG
    016 (resized).JPG

There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 5 years ago

The trail is open and the tunnel is not too far from Downtown. My kids love the tunnel when we go that way. It is worth the ride. There are plenty of parking areas in downtown near the trail and just south. Look for Indian Rock Elementary on the map. You can park there and get the trail. The tunnel is 5 or less miles from the Elementary school.

#252 5 years ago

I got imdn pro or bm66 on the brain. I prefer nib, just not the new nib standard pricing. One owner huo is my second choice. Cash in hand for the right deal, dragging my feet and waiting it out til York otherwise.

#253 5 years ago

Looking to buy IMDN Premium if anyone is ready to trade it out

#254 5 years ago

@jodyg , @too-many-pins , @skidave ,

I appreciate the replies. I just checked sunset time for 12 October - it's at 6:30 PM, so I don't think my plan for an after-show ride can realistically happen. I do have lights for my commute here in DC area, but the point would be to see the scenery; not just log miles. Too bad, rather than just doubling back, I was thinking of riding one way, locking the bike, taking an uber back to the beginning and then driving to pick up the bike. Just as well, doesn't it always rain for the York show anyway?

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model S and model H Skee Ball.

#255 5 years ago

Show is getting closer & I actually think I am going to finally have a chance to set up this year after 5 or 6 years of trying. I keep waiting for some type of family BS to happen again but so far everything seems 'good to go' as far as me finally making a York Show! Now all I need to do is figure out the load and get some space reserved.

#256 5 years ago

Only one month to go. We are getting close to being sold out of Vendor Spots.

Still some indoor and outdoor flea market spots left. A few indoor spots remain available for the "bring 5 games for free play and get a free indoor flea market spot" deal.
    Those that bring a game for free play and let the game there till 4 on Saturday will be entered in a special drawing.

Online game registration is up and running at: http://www.theyorkshow.com/game-registration.html

#257 5 years ago

I’m looking forward to going this year. I missed a bunch other than one year 3 years ago. Taking some HS friends to help spread disease. I mean hobby.

#258 5 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Only one month to go. We are getting close to being sold out of Vendor Spots.
    Still some indoor and outdoor flea market spots left. A few indoor spots remain available for the "bring 5 games for free play and get a free indoor flea market spot" deal.
    Those that bring a game for free play and let the game there till 4 on Saturday will be entered in a special drawing.
    Online game registration is up and running at: http://www.theyorkshow.com/game-registration.html

Rich,

Glad to hear you are getting vendor spaces full! I know you, your family and your staff work hard every year to make York a great show. Looks like 2018 could be my year to FINALLY set up! Keep up the great work & I'll be in touch soon!

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Rich, should I register my BSD that I’m bringing for Rob at Lermod’s booth? He’s tossing some mods in, but it will be open for free play.

#260 5 years ago

Are you planning on using it for free admission to the show?

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Are you planning on using it for free admission to the show?

Not particularly, I don’t mind paying the admission fee. Rob asked for a game, I volunteered mine. Games in his booth customarily get a good amount of play from patrons, even if it’s not the typical “free play area”.

Certainly didn’t want to miss out on a contest or drawing though.

#262 5 years ago

OK, go ahead and register it. http://www.theyorkshow.com/game-registration.html You still would get the free admission for bringing it.

#263 5 years ago

This is my favorite show, and I'm planning to bring a machine for the first time this year, a "300". Looking forward to it, even the drive from Michigan!

#264 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

This is my favorite show, and I'm planning to bring a machine for the first time this year, a "300". Looking forward to it, even the drive from Michigan!

too bad Rich can't set you up with free highway tolls for bringing a game!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

#265 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:too bad Rich can't set you up with free highway tolls for bringing a game!

I do have an EZ-Pass, which makes things cheaper and faster. If anyone doesn't have one, I highly recommend it if you use the turnpike with any frequency. PA tolls make OH tolls look like a bargain!

#266 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

PA tolls make OH tolls look like a bargain!

Hey, those high tolls keep our roads the shittiest in the nation!!

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Hey, those high tolls keep our roads the shittiest in the nation!!

You must not drive in NJ often then

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

+1

#269 5 years ago

Is there a list of vendors somewhere? The one on the website is from 2017.

#270 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

"Welcome to <bump, bump, bumpity bump, wham!> New York."

#271 5 years ago

Michigan has you all beat on the roads. One major candidate for governor this year has pretty much based the campaign on fixing our roads here. The potholes this year were the worst in my 56-year memory, probably worse than the lunar surface.

#272 5 years ago

Here we go again - Allentown the talk was all about hotels now for York the topic seems to be highways? How about talking about pinball on a pinball forum for a change?

#273 5 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Is there a list of vendors somewhere? The one on the website is from 2017.

Usually same vendors....

#274 5 years ago

Some new ones this year in addition to the regular vendors. The list grows every day up to the show. I don't post the list as it is only current for a brief moment in time.

#275 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Here we go again - Allentown the talk was all about hotels now for York the topic seems to be highways? How about talking about pinball on a pinball forum for a change?

Skip, getting a space inside the show? Seems like something always trips you up for the show.

#276 5 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Skip, getting a space inside the show? Seems like something always trips you up for the show.

Pete,

So far things are looking good for the first time in 5 or 6 years. It has been kind of crazy how my life has played out right around the York Show ever year since Rich took over the show. One year both my mother & Father in law died (3 weeks apart) one just before York and one just after, the following year my son in NJ closed on his house the weekend of York and I was his truck & trailer for that move, two years ago I was involved with helping my sister move from NJ to Central PA the weekend of York and last year she still had stuff in my trailer we were moving from a storage unit in NJ to her new place. This year I don't think anyone in the family can throw me a "curve ball" but I never know with my crazy family. This week I came close to helping my sister in law move a truck & trailer load of furniture from NJ to their new house in Florida but thankfully at the last minute her son was able to help her so I was off the hook with that one! (At least that wouldn't have been on the same weekend as the show!)

So at this point - as long as I am still alive - it looks like a space or two at York might actually happen! Thanks for asking!

Now the next step is to get my trailer empty from working in at my son's place over the Summer then I can decide what to load and how much space I'll need. Rich - if you happen to read this I'll be contacting you sometime in the next week or two checking in to see what spaces you still have. At this point I don't know if I'll need electric (or not) so I want to hold off until I figure out my load before renting spaces.

#277 5 years ago

Now the next step is to get my trailer empty from working in at my son's place over the Summer then I can decide what to load and how much space I'll need. Rich - if you happen to read this I'll be contacting you sometime in the next week or two checking in to see what spaces you still have. At this point I don't know if I'll need electric (or not) so I want to hold off until I figure out my load before renting spaces.

How well are the roads maintained between your place and York? How "over the top" are the tolls - especially pulling a trailer?

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED score displays for model H and model S Skee Ball

#278 5 years ago

Would anyone have a back to the future pinball they would like to bring to the show and sell me and or trade also I'm looking for a high speed project.

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Would anyone have a back to the future pinball they would like to bring to the show and sell me and or trade also I'm looking for a high speed project.

I think there was a high speed project linked in the "project pin" thread a day or two ago. It was in Lancaster, PA. I happen to have the link because I mailed it to a friend who lives in that area, but it seems to be deleted now... lancaster.craigslist.org link Not surprised it's gone as I think the price was in the $350 range (but the playfield was ver rough).

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED score displays for model H and model S Skee Ball

#280 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

How well are the roads maintained between your place and York? How "over the top" are the tolls - especially pulling a trailer?
    -Rob

We are only about 45 minutes from the fairground and I typically just take back roads (Rt-74 most of the way) or I-81 to 587 to I-83 down to the fairground. No tolls on either route but Turnpike can get pretty crazy towing a trailer. A few year back when I had my Class 8 motorhome and big trailers tolls from here to either end of the turnpike were around $100 and if I traveled the full length it was like $175. Rig was 67' long overall so it wasn't little but GVW was only about 1/2 of a semi yet I paid more than a semi because of number of axles? I wasn't interested in buying the highway just using it!

Sadly a few years back DOT decided to start "stealing" funds from turnpike to fund other highway projects. Ever since turnpike tolls have gotten pretty crazy so typically I avoid the turnpike as much as possible. If I am heading east I head up to Harrisburg then take Rt 287 to Rt 30 almost all the way to Phila. When heading west I normally head south on I-81 to Maryland then west on I-70 & I-68. (That is about 60 miles longer but it is a nice scenic ride without tolls). Years ago I would travel the turnpike almost weekly now if I am on it for a few miles twice a year it is unusual.

As far as road conditions any place that has cold weather will always have bad roads because of the freeze thaw cycles. I just try to avoid as many holes as possible. What I didn't understand is this Spring when I went down to El Paso Texas to pick up a load of machines & parts roads in OK & TX were worse than roads in PA and they don't have the issue with the freeze thaw cycles?

#281 5 years ago

Yup saw that sadly by the time I saw the ad it was gone. oh well it happens. Maybe someone else has one they'd like to see gone

Quoted from rkahr:

I think there was a high speed project linked in the "project pin" thread a day or two ago. It was in Lancaster, PA. I happen to have the link because I mailed it to a friend who lives in that area, but it seems to be deleted now... lancaster.craigslist.org link Not surprised it's gone as I think the price was in the $350 range (but the playfield was ver rough).
    -Rob

#282 5 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Yup saw that sadly by the time I saw the ad it was gone. oh well it happens. Maybe someone else has one they'd like to see gone

I picked that pin up, was on it right away, playfield was rough, backglass was printed on paper, only good thing was board set was clean and a decent cabinet, good candidate for the hardtop coming out soon

#283 5 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

I picked that pin up, was on it right away, playfield was rough, backglass was printed on paper, only good thing was board set was clean and a decent cabinet, good candidate for the hardtop coming out soon

Gerry,

You are as bad as me! I know you have been out of space for two years and yet you keep buying! You are just as sick as most of the rest of us! See ya at York.

#284 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

"Welcome to &lt;bump, bump, bumpity bump, wham!&gt; New York."

Connecticut’s new state symbol is the orange construction cone

#285 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Connecticut’s new state symbol is the orange construction cone

But most of their roads are better than New York's. This is when I really notice it; entering NY from CT, especially the local roads.

#286 5 years ago

The show is only three weeks away. At this point we only have two vendor spots available. There are still some indoor flea market spots available. The online game registration is available at: http://www.theyorkshow.com/game-registration.html Everyone that brings a game for free play, keeps the game on the floor till 4 on Saturday and keeps the owner card on the game will be entered into the drawing. There will be 5 prizes of $100 each.

And now the part everyone is truly interested in Hotel information
    The hotel has added a few more rooms to the block but when these sell out, they won't add any more rooms.

#287 5 years ago

Everyone started to get excited about the show? Less than 3 weeks to go and no family drama this year so I still think I'll finally be able to set up. I have not reserved space yet because I don't want to "jinx things" but things are still looking good for me to FINALLY make a York Show. Hopefully I'll have some kind of list of machines I am bringing one day next week. For now I know I have 4 project machines that could come along if anyone is interested. Stargate, Shaq Ataq, World Cup Soccer & a Whirlwind are on my "short list" of machines that might be headed to the show. Beyond those I don't know what else might make the load yet. We also have a Tapper Cocktail Arcade I could bring tf there is any interest in that.

#288 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

-Rob

Wonder if that was one of the ones that sold at that quarryville auction a few weeks back. Probably realized the game was too far gone to try and bring back. It sold for $400 not including tax and auction fees and such so if it was the same one, the auction buyer lost a little money on it. Its #16 on this list https://paauctioncenter.hibid.com/catalog/141659/9-8-2018-pinball--arcade-and-video-machine-collection/?

#289 5 years ago

Sorry for the delay Rich. Totally thought I did this the other night. Registered my BSD and Vampire tonight.

#290 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

Wonder if that was one of the ones that sold at that quarryville auction a few weeks back. Probably realized the game was too far gone to try and bring back. It sold for $400 not including tax and auction fees and such so if it was the same one, the auction buyer lost a little money on it. Its #16 on this list https://paauctioncenter.hibid.com/catalog/141659/9-8-2018-pinball--arcade-and-video-machine-collection/?

I don't think it's the same one. When I commented on the "very rough" playfield, I was referring to paint loss - the one in the auction photos looks to me like the best part may have been the playfield.

rmarket , thanks for the wake-up call re: three weeks away. Time to kick preparations for the booth into high gear!

-Rob

#291 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Sorry for the delay Rich. Totally thought I did this the other night. Registered my BSD and Vampire tonight.

I wasn’t sure if they are automatically generated, but I never received a confirmation email.

#292 5 years ago

Everyone started to get excited about the show? Less than 3 weeks to go and no family drama this year so I still think I'll finally be able to set up. I have not reserved space yet because I don't want to "jinx things" but things are still looking good for me to FINALLY make a York Show. Hopefully I'll have some kind of list of machines I am bringing one day next week. For now I know I have 4 project machines that could come along if anyone is interested. Stargate, Shaq Ataq, World Cup Soccer &amp; a Whirlwind are on my "short list" of machines that might be headed to the show. Beyond those I don't know what else might make the load yet. We also have a Tapper Cocktail Arcade I could bring tf there is any interest in that.

Whirlwind might now be sold. Typically I don't sell machines I was planning on bringing to a show but I was contacted by a previous customer that had voiced an interest in it over a year ago. So I feel it is only fair to give him first shot at buying it if he wants in. I'll update as soon as I know something for sure. If Whirlwind doesn't make it to the show that will give me room for another title. I'll post that title as soon as I figure out what else we want to sell this Fall.

#293 5 years ago

The responses are done manually and I generally wait till have several and do them in bulk (usually I get to them every couple of days). Especially this close to the show when my time is at a premium. Don't be concerned if you don't get a response right away.

Quoted from Colsond3:

I wasn’t sure if they are automatically generated, but I never received a confirmation email.

#294 5 years ago

All finished and ready for the show. Playfield stripped, cleaned, parts tumbled and shopped. Transformer high tapped and score reals cleaned and rebuilt.

Can’t wait for York!

80E33D84-E854-4921-A29C-194C08D64B2F (resized).jpeg80E33D84-E854-4921-A29C-194C08D64B2F (resized).jpeg9587175F-3C33-4E08-A9F8-580931CA8B92 (resized).jpeg9587175F-3C33-4E08-A9F8-580931CA8B92 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #295 5 years ago

The Crew at PinCrossing is once again hosting the IFPA Tournament on the Saturday of the White Rose Gameroom Show in York, PA.

Main Tournament thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-ifpa-match-play-tournament-2018

Schedule:
    Saturday, October 13, 2018
    9am Show Doors Open
    10am Registration Desk Open
    11am to 2pm - Three Hours of Match-Play - Four-Player Match-Play (7/5/3/1 scoring). We'll play as many rounds as we can get in during those three hours.
    2pm to Finish - Finals

Cost: $20 to enter the tournament

Just like in 2017, we'll be utilizing games that are on the showroom floor plus have a dedicated bank of games to use in the Finals. Tournament staff will tour the floor in the morning of the show to hand-pick games to use in the event.

Finals Format:
    A-Division: Top 8 play in PAPA-Style 3-Game Match-Play Finals on finals machines with same (7/5/3/1) scoring.
    B-Division: Next 8 play in single game double elimination bracket with games on the floor.
    C-Division: Next 8 play in single game double elimination bracket with games on the floor.

Rules document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1avuW5jdTXlsF_AjRYqnFlUjr8b7afAx44uCZNt1wrec/edit#

Schedule and finals subject to change as per the needs of the venue, sponsors, and tournament organizers.

If anyone has a machine that they would like to feature in the special Finals bank of the event, we will provide you free entry in the tournament for the use of your pin in our Finals bank. Please reach out to [email protected] if you are interested.

#296 5 years ago

Only 10 days till the start of the show! At this point there is only one vendor spot available. Indoor and outdoor flea market spots are still available. There is one indoor flea market spot available under the "bring 5 or more games" deal. There is also still space for more games in the free play area.
    There will be a raffle for those that bring games for the free play area. Everyone that has brought a game for both days of the show and the game on the floor at 4 PM Saturday will be entered into the drawing. Five prizes of $100 each will be drawn. To be eligible, your game must have a for sale / not for sale card on it with your name listed. The prizes will go to five different individuals.

#297 5 years ago

Just registered three EMs for the free play area; 1953 Gottlieb "Guys Dolls", 1964 Bally "Mad World", and a 1975 Gottlieb "Gold Strike"

#298 5 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Only 10 days till the start of the show! At this point there is only one vendor spot available. Indoor and outdoor flea market spots are still available. There is one indoor flea market spot available under the "bring 5 or more games" deal. There is also still space for more games in the free play area.
    There will be a raffle for those that bring games for the free play area. Everyone that has brought a game for both days of the show and the game on the floor at 4 PM Saturday will be entered into the drawing. Five prizes of $100 each will be drawn. To be eligible, your game must have a for sale / not for sale card on it with your name listed. The prizes will go to five different individuals.

Rich,

We are still trying to figure out "our load" so I'll be in touch shortly. Thankfully it doesn't look like anything family related will keep me from the show this year but sadly Wayne has an In-Law thing on his wives side that will put him out of town for the weekend so it will just be me at the show. I would love to "commit" to 5 games for freeplay in exchange for the flea market space but I don't know if we will have 5 machines ready for freeplay at this point. I should have a couple I'll be able to add to freeplay if all goes as planned.

Wayne just got back from vacation last night so later this week we will be back to getting stuff ready for the show. Glad to hear you keep filling spaces! Keep up the great work!

#299 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:Registered my...Vampire tonight.

YAAASSS!!! I'll bring my saxophone. Can't wait to meetchya, Col!

#300 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

1953 Gottlieb "Guys Dolls"

Always glad to hear about another woodrail coming to the show! Thanks, JR!

There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition/page/6?hl=coreyhulse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.