Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 488 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B32FBF5F-911A-43B4-B880-9A6456818011 (resized).jpeg
    2018 York - Seeburg Model 201 (resized).jpg
    B02C5EF3-9D7F-4303-88BB-B1F1DC7F4435 (resized).jpeg
    049 (resized).JPG
    063 (resized).JPG
    058 (resized).JPG
    045 (resized).JPG
    043 (resized).JPG
    029 (resized).JPG
    036 (resized).JPG
    031 (resized).JPG
    019 (resized).JPG
    024 (resized).JPG
    014 (resized).JPG
    021 (resized).JPG
    016 (resized).JPG
    There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
    #201 5 years ago

Holy smokes!! That sounds tremendous! Thanks to everyone for really collaborating for making this show something special. I’ve put in my time off for the show this year, and I cannot wait.

#202 5 years ago

Agree - York is the place to be this October! Presently sitting in Denver’s Airport waiting out a 4 hour delay and wishing there was just ONE pinball here. I’m considering bringing my Party Zone whose persistent resets incubated my daughterboard idea. I also will have my new 2018 edition of the daughterboard in stock.

Gonna be a great show!

-Rob
    -Visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#203 5 years ago

I’m working on a recently picked up Bally Star Trek, and a Super Mario Bros. If I can fit them both in my van, I’ll bring them.

#204 5 years ago

Are there any local restaurants near the show that serve those piles of thin sliced onion rings ? They call them straws or tanglers . I always hit Wert’s when I’m in Allentown I wondered if this is a regional thing ?

75A51430-2F8D-431D-B271-165696FE9D5B (resized).jpeg75A51430-2F8D-431D-B271-165696FE9D5B (resized).jpeg
    #205 5 years ago

I feel like I only see those onion tanglers on top of burgers anymore. Back a few years ago, you could sometimes get them as a side with that dipping sauce stuff, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen those.

I’ve never thought of them being regional, but now that you bring it up, I’ve never noticed them anywhere else but out here

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I feel like I only see those onion tanglers on top of burgers anymore. Back a few years ago, you could sometimes get them as a side with that dipping sauce stuff, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen those.
    I’ve never thought of them being regional, but now that you bring it up, I’ve never noticed them anywhere else but out here

They still sell them at our snack bar at work. You can order them before or after I take you whitewater rafting.

#207 5 years ago

PinballSTAR will be at York again in 2018 ! WITH ALL THE NEWEST GAMES YOU HAVEN'T SEEN YET ! Thunderbirds, P3, The Mafia, Monster Bash Remake, etc... York will be the first show the Mafia will be at, 2nd for Thunderbirds, one of the first for Monster Bash Remake !!! We hope all these NEW games will bring people to support the show !

We will bring INVISIGLASS if anyone wants to pre-order before the show - discounts for multiple sheets - we will ONLY bring what is pre-sold. Email Sales@PinballSTAR for pricing.

As we are getting closer we have decided on bringing the following games (subject to change). Show games available for sale also depend on our need at that time after the show... If you want one - email me... Most are opened up brand new at the York show or were at ReplayFX and are not old games or games that are beat up in any way - brand new.

SHOW GAMES AVAILABLE WITH DISCOUNT :
    Pirates of the Caribbean LE - opened at York show
    Monster Bash Remake SE - opened at York show
    Houdini - opened at ReplayFX in July and wrapped back up
    Thunderbirds - used at ReplayFX in July and wrapped back up
    VP Cabs Vertigo
    VP Cabs Vortex

JJP :
    Wizard of Oz 75th - 1 NIB left (will bring only if pre-sold)
    Hobbit Black Arrow - 2 NIB left (will bring only if pre-sold)
    Dialed In LE - 2 NIB left (will bring only if pre-sold)
    Pirates of the Caribbean LE - SHOW GAME AVAILABLE FOR SALE

Chicago Gaming :
    Medieval Madness Remake - 1 NIB left (will bring only if pre-sold)
    Attack From Mars Remake CE and SE - 1 NIB left of each (will bring only if pre-sold)
    Monster Bash Remake SE - SHOW GAME AVAILABLE FOR SALE

American Pinball :
    Houdini - open for play - SHOW GAME AVAILABLE FOR SALE

Spooky :
    TNA
    Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle

Homepin :
    Thunderbirds - SHOW GAME AVAILABLE FOR SALE

Team Pinball :
    The Mafia

Multimorphic -
    P3 - Lexy Lightspeed Escapes from Earth

VP Cabs :
    Vertigo - SHOW GAME AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT DISCOUNT
    Vortex - SHOW GAME AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT DISCOUNT

Pre-orders for free delivery to the show ? YUP we'll do that...

Email Joe at [email protected] for our full price list.

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    [email protected]
    570-357-0042

#208 5 years ago

Just a note that I have 3 Gottlieb EM backglasses I can bring to the show. $125 each obo. All 3 are in nice shape with minor paint loss in a few of the game name letters. C37 has some paint loss in the red of her legs. Backs have been sealed.

Gottlieb C37
    Gottlieb Atlantis
    Gottlieb Jacks Open

PM your email if interested in seeing pics. Thanks!!

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Are there any local restaurants near the show that serve those piles of thin sliced onion rings ? They call them straws or tanglers . I always hit Wert’s when I’m in Allentown I wondered if this is a regional thing ?
    [quoted image]

Looks good!! Wish there was a farmers market like Allentown's nearby...

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Looks good!! Wish there was a farmers market like Allentown's nearby...

There is plenty of great food in the York area but sadly nothing right at the fairgrounds like at Allentown. I am really starting to get excited about the show but I am still unsure what I'll be bringing. All of my enclosed trailers are full and I don't know if I'll have any of those empty before the show. So I am "on the fence" about doing just one vendor space or a couple since I'll likely have to rent a trailer if I do two spaces. I fee kind of silly owning 4 enclosed trailers and not having one I can use for the show!

In any event I'll have some project machines & parts headed to the show - just not sure how many machines yet.

#211 5 years ago

I will have all the buts for a scared stiff restore if someone is planning one.

Mirco playfield
    Pps plastics set
    Pps cabinet decal set
    Stainless siderails

Plus i still have upgraded bally Solenoid driver boards, lamp driver boards, -54 power rectifier, and some tested -35 mpus

#212 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I don't think the artwork on that shirt was a far cry from previous years. This is one of my favorite pinball shirts ever. Other shows have had similar artwork on show t-shirts. Reflective of many of the machines that we are playing there
    [quoted image]

I totally agree! That was my favorite York show shirt artwork and my only regret was not buying another. I look forward to the show t-shirt artwork because its kind of iconic to the show itself. Don't understand why people get all uptight over this...If you don't like it....don't buy it.

#213 5 years ago

Looking for a Doctor Who / hobbit. I have a Scared Stiff to sell. Will trade for both

#214 5 years ago

Pulled some strings at work to be able to go to York this year! Bringing a Gottlieb Ice Revue...possibly a Buckaroo too

#215 5 years ago

Waiting for October and York. Looking for a Williams System 11A or 11B MPU. Does not have to be perfect, but no acid damage please. If you have something PM me with pick and price.

#216 5 years ago

Does anyone know if Clover Collectables is going to be at the show this year for their pachinko/pachislo setup? We are looking to add another pachislo machine or two to our lineup.

#217 5 years ago

Just a quick update about the show

The show is shaping up to be another great show this year.

At this point our 80% of our vendor spots have been claimed. We do still have indoor flea market spots available and space in the free play area. The online game registration is up and running at: http://www.theyorkshow.com/game-registration.html

We will be having a drawing this year for those that bring games for the Free play area. For every game that you bring for the free play area you get an entry in the drawing. (games must stay on free play till 4 on Saturday to count towards the entry)

We are also offering if you bring five games for the free play area, you get one flea market spot for free. (There are only a few spots available with this deal)

#218 5 years ago

Still looking for a machine for our booth. Wish I had had room to bring one of mine, but I don’t. We will install mods for free. Prefer later stern games, but other old titles may work too.

#219 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Still looking for a machine for our booth. Wish I had had room to bring one of mine, but I don’t. We will install mods for free. Prefer later stern games, but other old titles may work too.

Bring some BSD mods and I’ll bring my game.

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Bring some BSD mods and I’ll bring my game.

Yeah!

#221 5 years ago

The completed prints are done! These are beautiful, hand-numbered and signed by the artist @ryanclaytor, and show off several of the types of bingo pinball machines that we typically have in the Bingo Row. There are some easter eggs in the art as well!

This is the same design that I commissioned for the t-shirt giveaway 2 years ago, but the artwork has been redone for these gorgeous prints.

The White Rose Gameroom Show is featured on the banner at the bottom!

To get a free print, all you have to do is make a four in a row or better on any of the games in Bingo Row. Commemorate your win!

IMG_20180823_135840_232 (resized).jpgIMG_20180823_135840_232 (resized).jpg

Also remember this year we have an unboxing of a sought-after game from 1962 (Silver Sails)! Time capsule! We plan to document and have the machine playable, if possible. How cool is that?

The unboxing will take place on Friday morning at 10:30. Hope to see everyone there!

#222 5 years ago

Looks like a Sheetz ad at first glance! Looks cool though.

#223 5 years ago

I’m hoping to sample a Pizzaburger Grinder/Sub/Hero this time ! Life is too short to not try food indigenous to the area you’re visiting .

For us EM guys I hope Nic brings his Skyrocket , it’s a best in show winner and a absolute blast to Play!

I’m working to get a restored Williams Jigsaw and join the woodrail row team

Also looking forward to playing Silver Sails, very unique bingo and I’m hoping to try it out !

#224 5 years ago

If anyone is hungry for a good cheese steak comparable to Philly's check this place out. It is about 5 minutes away in the city if you don't mind venturing deeper into it. Just make sure you call ahead and place your order unless you like waiting 1-2 hours. They get a lot of business because of the good cheese steaks. I work in the city and make this my stop quiet often. https://www.facebook.com/TheSteakOutYork/?fb_dtsg_ag=Adxvv1PhTCOoccMMP7ANHRhuSboEhVeOYKxADzk5FSSnUA%3AAdwsPZInspBS219l9je0AYKKVUmkjKYGIOA7ioogi7qCHQ

I can't wait, I have been out of the coin op and pinball hobby for a few years now and look forward to getting back in and starting a new collection! Hope to see you all there and I can only hope someone brings my dream game TAF

#225 5 years ago

I can bring an Iron Man vault to trade for a Wh20. i’m an hour from the show so can meet any day

#226 5 years ago

Planning on attending both days at the York Show. Looking for the following NIB or in near CC shape:
    Iron Maiden LE
    ST Pro (may have lead on one)
    TSPP
    TNA
    Dialed In LE
    GB LE
    SOF
    Cosmic Gunfight
    Torpedo Alley

Let me know if you have one of the following and are planning to go to the York Show.

#227 5 years ago

Looking to trade my SS for a TH, WOZ or IMDN; give me a buzz! Also looking for a DW in reasonable condition, non-working is fine as long as it has all the parts.

#228 5 years ago

I may have an original Chexx bubble hockey for sale there if I dont find a trade partner for a pin before then. Also will have Arena for sale if not sold by then.

#229 5 years ago

I can bring a repro Domino backglass if anyone is interested. I no longer have a need for it.

3B1E9716-7588-497C-A196-403CF3B8E3B7 (resized).jpeg3B1E9716-7588-497C-A196-403CF3B8E3B7 (resized).jpeg7E845B91-93A3-45F1-8218-0706F8B5E538 (resized).jpeg7E845B91-93A3-45F1-8218-0706F8B5E538 (resized).jpeg
    #230 5 years ago

Listed a Hotdoggin' for trade/sale. Can make the trip or meet halfway if a deal is worked out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-hotdoggin-for-trade-or-sale

#231 5 years ago

Is anyone bringing a Golden Tee Home Edition? There was a set up last year at the show & we are interested in a GT purchase.

Also, did someone create a "What's for sale/buying at the York Show" topic? I thought this topic was initiated several months ago, so what happened to the topic discussion? It's a great idea to separate the buying/selling from the eating/lodging/etc. arrangements.

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Also, did someone create a "What's for sale/buying at the York Show" topic? I thought this topic was initiated several months ago, so what happened to the topic discussion? It's a great idea to separate the buying/selling from the eating/lodging/etc. arrangements.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2018-buy-sell-trade-and-swap

#233 5 years ago

Hey all, I have a non-pinhead friend who wants to attend York this year.
    He wants to know if there will be any pachinko machines there for sale?
    Anyone? Anyone?
    Thanks!!

#234 5 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

Anyone? Anyone?
    Thanks!!

There was a vendor selling them last year... had a bunch of modern china ones with monitors in them, etc.

#235 5 years ago

Looking for a Stern Big Buck Hunter Pro

#236 5 years ago

For good pizza & subs I can recommend Lattuca's a few blocks west on Market St. They have been there for decades.

#237 5 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

Anyone? Anyone?
    Thanks!!

I have a couple of the old ones sitting around if he wants an old one to mess around with "for cheap". If all goes as planned I'll be setting up in either a vendor or flea market space or two - it just depends what I have ready when show is getting close. As far as price/ working condition/ etc I don't have a clue. I am thinking like $40 or $50 bucks for the pair of them if anyone is interested.

#238 5 years ago

If you are looking for a local gem of a place that brews their own beer, look no further than MexItaly. Italian and Mexican food..all fantastic. It's across town on Market Street... Well worth the drive.
    https://mexitaly.com

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from mwsmith:

For good pizza & subs I can recommend Lattuca's a few blocks west on Market St. They have been there for decades.

I can agree with the food at this establishment. Also love the food at Roburrito's 1277 W Market St.

#240 5 years ago

Is there a list of machines that will be available for sale?

#241 5 years ago
    Quoted from jugood20:

More than likely not.

#242 5 years ago
    Quoted from jugood20:

Watch the York for sale thread... That's the closest thing you are going to find.

#243 5 years ago

At this time we are looking for a Houdini, SW or a GOT ~ in that order. Really leaning towards Houdini, but would like to get some play on that title. Would be great if all of the above titles were open for free-play & sale. Send a PM w/ considerations.

#244 5 years ago

I just Google Mapped the York Fairgrounds, which gives you a 360 view, stitched together from multiple pictures people have taken....

Here's part of the official Google view.....

Screenshot_20180904-100252 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180904-100252 (resized).png
    #245 5 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

I just Google Mapped the York Fairgrounds, which gives you a 360 view, stitched together from multiple pictures people have taken....
    Here's part of the official Google view.....[quoted image]

Yeah, they may want to update that to a more current photo (minus the smoke and flames).

#246 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

At this time we are looking for a Houdini, SW or a GOT ~ in that order. Really leaning towards Houdini, but would like to get some play on that title. Would be great if all of the above titles were open for free-play & sale. Send a PM w/ considerations.

Pinball Gallery in Malvern PA has all of those. SW is a Premium and GoT an LE. Houdini is still on coin drop but the other 2 are apart of the hourly rate.

#247 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Pinball Gallery in Malvern PA has all of those. SW is a Premium and GoT an LE. Houdini is still on coin drop but the other 2 are apart of the hourly rate.

Most of his are for sale also.... But don't expect any deals.

#248 5 years ago

Anyone know much about the Heritage Rail Trail? Looks to me like the North trailhead is only a few blocks from the fairgrounds. The show kind of consumes all the daylight hours on Friday but I'm considering bringing a bike and giving it a try Saturday after the show.

Here's a link to the trail's web site: https://www.yorkcountytrails.org/trails/heritage-rail-trail-county-park/

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#249 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Anyone know much about the Heritage Rail Trail? Looks to me like the North trailhead is only a few blocks from the fairgrounds. The show kind of consumes all the daylight hours on Friday but I'm considering bringing a bike and giving it a try Saturday after the show.
    Here's a link to the trail's web site: https://www.yorkcountytrails.org/trails/heritage-rail-trail-county-park/
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

It is a very nice and well kept rail trail, and I have ridden it quite a few times. A lot of people do not like to park downtown to get on it, but if you are not afraid of the city... Go do it from there. The trail goes the whole way to Hunt Valley Maryland.

Also, if you are into Mountain biking, there is some great Pennsylvania gnar on the trails at Rocky Ridge County park, which is maybe a 10 minute ride from the fairgrounds.

#250 5 years ago

I don't know a lot about the rail trail but I know there is a neat of tunnel and some other great scenery just north of Glen Rock, PA. Glen Rock to York is about a 30 minute car ride so heading south from York on the trail you should be able to get to the Glen Rock area in about an hour or less (I would guess). Hopefully someone else will be able to tell you more but I do know it should be a nice ride that time of year.

I just pulled up the Rail Trail and the "Howard Tunnel" is about 6 miles south of York. One site shows part of the trail closed for repair a couple years back but doesn't say if it has reopened yet. You might want to research that a little before starting from York because the area affected isn't all that far from the York parking area if I am understanding things correctly.

Checking out Howard Tunnel is something that has been on my "bucket list" for years but I just never seem to have the time to do stuff locally.

There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition/page/5?hl=jugood20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.