7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 488 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 days ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 112 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B32FBF5F-911A-43B4-B880-9A6456818011 (resized).jpeg
    2018 York - Seeburg Model 201 (resized).jpg
    B02C5EF3-9D7F-4303-88BB-B1F1DC7F4435 (resized).jpeg
    049 (resized).JPG
    063 (resized).JPG
    058 (resized).JPG
    045 (resized).JPG
    043 (resized).JPG
    029 (resized).JPG
    036 (resized).JPG
    031 (resized).JPG
    019 (resized).JPG
    024 (resized).JPG
    014 (resized).JPG
    021 (resized).JPG
    016 (resized).JPG

There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
    #1 7 months ago

Dates (open to public):
    October 12th and 13th 2018

Memorial Hall East
    334 Carlisle Ave
    York, PA 17404

Show Hours:
    Vendor set-up only Thursday Oct 11 time: 1PM-8PM
    Friday Oct 12 show time: 10AM-8PM set-up 8AM-10AM
    Saturday Oct 13 show time: 9AM-6PM set-up 8AM-9AM

Links:
    http://www.theyorkshow.com/index.html
    https://www.facebook.com/theyorkshow

#2 7 months ago

I'll go ahead and pre-emptively answer the important question that is on everyone's mind. The three closest hotels are the Wyndham Garden (has a discount for show attendees), La Quinta. (just built in the past couple of years and the Best Western.

#3 7 months ago

Fix the title....it's 2018 now.

#4 7 months ago
    Quoted from MRudowsky:

Fix the title....it's 2018 now.

Thanks. Fixed.

#6 7 months ago

I hope there's a tournament again this year

#7 7 months ago

bluespin Are you going to York this year? Let me know. My friends and I are probably hanging out in York that night with 7 pins set up.

PS. You might also want to ad that the address to the york building is
    334 Carlisle Ave, York, PA 17404

#8 7 months ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I hope there's a tournament again this year

I believe the tournament has been taken over by the same group that did Pinfest.

#9 7 months ago

It depends...will colsond3 be there?

#10 7 months ago

Anybody having an after party?

Just kidding. Somebody had to do it.

#11 7 months ago

Remember, no farmer’s market at York! The food is slim pickings

#12 7 months ago

York is usually a pretty cool show. Good outdoor flea market, set up in a single walkway so easy to navigate and pick up on good finds.

#13 7 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ll be at the hotel bar with a 12 pack in hand! Screw the bartenders!

#14 7 months ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Screw the bartenders!

Not with that attitude you won't!

#15 7 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

York is usually a pretty cool show. Good outdoor flea market, set up in a single walkway so easy to navigate and pick up on good finds.

Anyone know if the flea market is going to be indoors again this year?

#16 7 months ago
    Quoted from La4s:

Anyone know if the flea market is going to be indoors again this year?

The last few years it has been both, also with some people scattered near the front entrance with items for sale out of trailers.

#17 7 months ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Remember, no farmer’s market at York! The food is slim pickings

Not exactly true. There is a farmers market in York but it's about 15 minutes away and they close at around 3PM.
    They also have good pretzle wraps

#18 7 months ago

I'll be there in party mode, I actually know my way around that town! Roburrito's is nearby if you like California-style, there's a good sub shop nearby too but the name's not coming to me right now.

#19 7 months ago

I just keep hoping family stuff does not keep me from setting up again this year. FIVE YEARS in a row I had planned on setting up and 5 years in a row something "family related" has kept that from happening. Keeping my fingers crossed for 2018! Deaths in the family two years in a row, son buying a house and closing same weekend as show two years ago and last year my sister was in the middle of moving and had my trailer full of her "junk".

This year both of my In-Laws are already dead as are my parents, both of my boys are settled into their houses and we finally got my sister & brother-in-law into their new place a few weeks ago. So thankfully I am running out of family that can screw me up when it comes to setting up at York. As long as I don't do anything stupid & I am still alive I'll finally be set up at York for the first time since Rich took the show over. Can't wait!

#20 7 months ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

It depends...will colsond3 be there?

Funny you should mention colsond3 because I've been wanting to meet him in person myself and actually on my small list of people I want to invite. The show falls on the second Friday this year which is also the night we (River City Blues pinball league players) get together to play at my buddies house in York. Since it's not my house I can only invite a few people. Also the guy with the games doesn't drink so it's a milk and cookies thing. Yeah he actually sets up a tray of milk and cookies. But it's only a couple minutes from the show off rt 30.

#21 7 months ago

Spoke to Rich, the show will be in a different wing of the same building it was in last year. It's an all inside show like last year. I took a vendor space last year not a flea market and will do the same this year. Stayed at the La Quinta and nothing but good things to say about it. I will have a full trailer buy then unless Colsond buys everything. Thanks bluespin for starting the York thread. Some food places on West Market street behind the Fair grounds.

#22 7 months ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Funny you should mention colsond3 because I've been wanting to meet him in person myself and actually on my small list of people I want to invite. The show falls on the second Friday this year which is also the night we (River City Blues pinball league players) get together to play at my buddies house in York. Since it's not my house I can only invite a few people. Also the guy with the games doesn't drink so it's a milk and cookies thing. Yeah he actually sets up a tray of milk and cookies. But it's only a couple minutes from the show off rt 30.

I’m going to try to make it. If Colson goes....I’ll make the show for sure

#23 7 months ago

Just like last year both an outdoor and indoor flea market spots will be available. However, last year only one person purchased an outside flea market spot and and eventually decided to get an indoor spot anyways.

As mentioned earlier, the show is in the same building as last year but in the other hall in the building. It is almost the same size and layout as the hall the show was in last year.

There are also a lot of places to eat if you drive about a mile towards Route 30 and even more if you actually get on Route 30 heading east. Smokey Bones, Mission BBQ, Hoss, Burger King, Wendy's Chick Fil A, Wild West Wings and many others are all within a couple of miles.

#24 7 months ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Funny you should mention colsond3 because I've been wanting to meet him in person myself and actually on my small list of people I want to invite. The show falls on the second Friday this year which is also the night we (River City Blues pinball league players) get together to play at my buddies house in York. Since it's not my house I can only invite a few people. Also the guy with the games doesn't drink so it's a milk and cookies thing. Yeah he actually sets up a tray of milk and cookies.

Colson is totally a milk and cookies kind of guy, he'll love it.

#25 7 months ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I just keep hoping family stuff does not keep me from setting up again this year. FIVE YEARS in a row I had planned on setting up and 5 years in a row something "family related" has kept that from happening. Keeping my fingers crossed for 2018! Deaths in the family two years in a row, son buying a house and closing same weekend as show two years ago and last year my sister was in the middle of moving and had my trailer full of her "junk".
    This year both of my In-Laws are already dead as are my parents, both of my boys are settled into their houses and we finally got my sister & brother-in-law into their new place a few weeks ago. So thankfully I am running out of family that can screw me up when it comes to setting up at York. As long as I don't do anything stupid & I am still alive I'll finally be set up at York for the first time since Rich took the show over. Can't wait!

It would not be a pin show thread without too many pins writing a book. Phew. Thanks. It’s for real now.

#26 7 months ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

It would not be a pin show thread without too many pins writing a book. Phew. Thanks. It’s for real now.

Have to keep the "haters" happy.

We lived in the York area for almost 20 years and there is plenty of great food in York. Sadly nothing right at the fairground but like Rich & other have posted "plenty to eat within a mile or two".

We don't know what is headed to the show yet but I am thinking maybe a dozen (or more) Classic Bally & Stern titles might be neat to bring all at once. Or maybe a bunch of Williams System 11 stuff? One way or another I hope to have at least two trailer loads at the show this year & maybe more.

#27 7 months ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Funny you should mention colsond3 because I've been wanting to meet him in person myself and actually on my small list of people I want to invite.

Quoted from bluespin:

I’m going to try to make it. If Colson goes....I’ll make the show for sure

I'm starting to feel like the Pinside whore. I'll definitely be at York...ready, willing and able

Quoted from ibuypinballs:

I will have a full trailer buy then unless Colsond buys everything.

Find the cab for Magic and I'll swing by. What else ya got Pete?

Quoted from emkay:

Colson is totally a milk and cookies kind of guy, he'll love it.

I'm definitely down for a Friday night pin session if Scott's throwing out an invite. I'll be there with bells on...and a big box of friggin Nutter Butters.

#28 7 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm starting to feel like the Pinside whore. I'll definitely be at York...ready, willing and able

Find the cab for Magic and I'll swing by. What else ya got Pete?

I'm definitely down for a Friday night pin session if Scott's throwing out an invite. I'll be there with bells on...and a big box of friggin Nutter Butters.

Colson,

I didn't know you were looking for a Magic cabinet - when you stop by to pick up that Dracula I'll be more than happy to sell you a couple Magic machines and then you will not need Pete's cabinet. Not to take a sale away from my buddy Pete but he already has enough money! (Just kidding about Pete having enough money he can always use a little more like the rest of us!) But I do have a couple Stern Magic's that will likely be at York if all goes as planned.

And if you do hook up with Pete for a Magic cabinet before I see you see if Pete has a decent Magic backglass in the stash of machines he is selling. I could use a second decent Magic backglass (one of mine isn't the best).

#29 7 months ago

Colson,
    I didn't know you were looking for a Magic cabinet - when you stop by to pick up that Dracula I'll be more than happy to sell you a couple Magic machines and then you will not need Pete's cabinet. Not to take a sale away from my buddy Pete but he already has enough money! (Just kidding about Pete having enough money he can always use a little more like the rest of us!) But I do have a couple Stern Magic's that will likely be at York if all goes as planned.
    And if you do hook up with Pete for a Magic cabinet before I see you see if Pete has a decent Magic backglass in the stash of machines he is selling. I could use a second decent Magic backglass (one of mine isn't the best).

colsond3 I suggest that you buy the Magic cabinet from Skip. This will give you a chance to see what other classic Sterns Skip is saving up for York. Then report back to me.

#30 7 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

In that case, make sure you stop at Club Good Times on your way home. They take dollar bills but don't give any change. Unfortunately, the upstairs is no longer open.

#31 7 months ago

Have to keep the "haters" happy

Skip we are all just teasing you. You’re a nice guy but you do ramble some times. I look forward to seeing you at York. I’ll make sure to spend more time visiting next show.

#32 7 months ago

Colson,

Thanks Skip...but I was talking about a Playmatic Magic. Not often seen, and fantastical artwork. Pete's trying to hold out on me...so I'm trying to wear him down.

IMG_6282 (resized).PNG

#33 7 months ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

colsond3 I suggest that you buy the Magic cabinet from Skip. This will give you a chance to see what other classic Sterns Skip is saving up for York. Then report back to me.

I'm still going up to snag Dracula probably next weekend, so I'll be sure to take an impromptu inventory of what Skip has.

#34 7 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Thanks Skip...but I was talking about a Playmatic Magic. Not often seen, and fantastical artwork. Pete's trying to hold out on me...so I'm trying to wear him down.

Colson,

Tell Pete he better just sell it to you or I'll have to pay him a visit! Pete is a great guy and one of the first guys I ever bought a machine from when we started in the hobby. I am sure you guys will figure something out.

Later,
    Skip

#35 7 months ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

shlockdoc you should rent an outdoor flea market space at York. Then I can browse your stuff and forget to introduce myself again like I did at Pinfest.

#36 7 months ago

Holding onto the Magic head hoping to find the body. I already sold a William's Smarty body and found the head two weeks later. Going to get the head to the new owner. Still working on getting over 30 more pins from my friend that passed a two years ago. The body may be there?

#37 7 months ago

Holding onto the Magic head hoping to find the body. I already sold a William's Smarty body and found the head two weeks later. Going to get the head to the new owner. Still working on getting over 30 more pins from my friend that passed a two years ago. The body may be there?

Pete,

I know the feeling! Thanks for selling me the head for my headless Flash - another machine will be saved due to a couple pinball guys working together! Colson doesn't need that head right now anyway - just keep it until you can sell him the whole machine. I'll find something here to keep him busy for awhile or if not I am sure he will get himself into trouble somewhere else.

On a serious note - if you happen to find an extra Stern Magic backglass in that stash of stuff I could use a decent one. I also might need a decent Mr & Mrs Pac-Man main backglass (but I am not sure on that one yet). And I could also use a decent Jungle Lord if you find an extra one of those. When we talked I never even thought about asking you about backglasses.

Later,
    Skip

#38 7 months ago

Spoke to Rich, the show will be in a different wing of the same building it was in last year. It's an all inside show like last year. I took a vendor space last year not a flea market and will do the same this year. Stayed at the La Quinta and nothing but good things to say about it. I will have a full trailer buy then unless Colsond buys everything. Thanks bluespin for starting the York thread. Some food places on West Market street behind the Fair grounds.

I second Pete's recommendation of the West Market St eateries - turning right out of the back gate near the new hall you will find several decent to excellent local places - for more corporate food, like Rich said, route 30 is loaded with every chain store restaurant you can think of...and that's also where most of the closer hotels are located.

Sean

#39 7 months ago

Someone should notify some of the plethora of food trucks in the region and see if they will set up one day...they have a meet every Thursday at Springettsbury township park on Mount Rose.

#40 7 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Someone should notify some of the plethora of food trucks in the region and see if they will set up one day...they have a meet every Thursday at Springettsbury township park on Mount Rose.

jodyg That's a great idea. Thanks for volunteering.

#41 7 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm looking to pick up a BSD.

...and then drop it.

#42 7 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

The Fairgrounds has an exclusive contract with their food vendor. Outside food vendors are not permitted.

#43 7 months ago

Could they park out on Market St.?

#44 7 months ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Not exactly true. There is a farmers market in York but it's about 15 minutes away and they close at around 3PM.
    They also have good pretzle wraps

Aah yes you are correct! Not next door exactly though

#45 7 months ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

The Fairgrounds has an exclusive contract with their food vendor. Outside food vendors are not permitted.

Great point Rich...they are very strict protecting that crappy food. Even doing everything they could to stop flea mkt guys from cooking their own hotdogs and such. |

After that debacle, I swore to NEVER buy anything from their vendor ever again...YMMV

Sean

#46 7 months ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

jodyg That's a great idea. Thanks for volunteering.

Except it's not my show...

#47 7 months ago
    Quoted from Stoomer:

Great point Rich...they are very strict protecting that crappy food. Even doing everything they could to stop flea mkt guys from cooking their own hotdogs and such. |

After that debacle, I swore to NEVER buy anything from their vendor ever again...YMMV

Sean

Exactly, I felt bad about that situation as they had been doing that for years. Our hands are tied with the food situation. The only choice I am given is if we want their food vendor or not. Having no food or drinks available at all would be stupid, so we take the only option.

It is in the contract that I am to be enforcing the Fairground's rules. We have a good relationship with the Fairgrounds but their hands are also tied about it as they have a contract with the food vendor (who watches closes for things like outside food) and also must enforce the rules that are in it. While it isn't 5 star cuisine their food is fine and it isn't worth risking the contract and relationship with the Fairgrounds over it when there are so many options nearby.

#48 7 months ago

Personally, I've been happy with the food they provided (although it's obviously not going to be at the level of a full farmer's market)

Would it be possible to influence the food vendor to provide an expanded menu at our event? For example, if everyone wants hot dogs get them to add that to the menu for the show?

-Jay

#49 7 months ago

Great! I was looking for the York Food Festival thread. Trying to come up with a good box of cookies to bring to the after party.

#50 7 months ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Exactly, I felt bad about that situation as they had been doing that for years. Our hands are tied with the food situation. The only choice I am given is if we want their food vendor or not. Having no food or drinks available at all would be stupid, so we take the only option.
    It is in the contract that I am to be enforcing the Fairground's rules. We have a good relationship with the Fairgrounds but their hands are also tied about it as they have a contract with the food vendor (who watches closes for things like outside food) and also must enforce the rules that are in it. While it isn't 5 star cuisine their food is fine and it isn't worth risking the contract and relationship with the Fairgrounds over it when there are so many options nearby.

Rich,

People who have never tried to work with York Fairgrounds (doing a rental) don't realize just how strict their rules are. I was very friendly with some of the auctioneers that have rented buildings at York in the past and I have heard about how tough some of the stuff in your lease can be. Even when they do the charity events at the Fairground the same fees & rules apply. You would think a place like the fairground would cut charities some slack but York Fairground doesn't.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 6.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 449.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 14.95
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside