Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,114 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Skidave
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32BC883C-2769-4EE2-AEB2-AB7C6685F128 (resized).jpeg
    B50F030E-9089-44B4-8A83-EBFFAFB49761 (resized).jpeg
    20191015_212245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4794 (resized).JPG
    dd (resized).jpg
    20191012_115312 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115301 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115304 (resized).jpg
    051c3c1b588def3cbca9dfd2d98b3827eb3d79e9 (resized).jpg
    20191013_161650 (resized).jpg
    20191013_182346 (resized).jpg
    pinshakers (resized).jpg
    20191013_005026 (resized).jpg
    7D50AEBD-B1F9-4B0D-8B1C-BEE26D87CA23 (resized).jpeg
    6B31A14B-E8BB-4EE8-8755-E021419B1F97 (resized).jpeg
    997BC9D8-EB37-4E49-8D33-81B37B60650C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Pinfest is over, time to turn our attention to the other great PA show, White Rose Gameroom show at York coming up in October. Buy, sell and trade. I'm always looking for 1978-1982 Bally project games and will have some for sale. Link to show:

http://www.theyorkshow.com/

I'm sure info will be updated.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

So there are no hotels or food available during the York show? Is there another convention that booked all of the rooms

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

Why wait till October? What do you have for sale?

Working on 3, Eight Ball, Playboy & Strikes & Spares.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I was OK with all of that but this past weekend at Allentown I had something happen that really upset me. I was holding a machine for a guy and two hours after the show opened

Are you referring to me the EBD we messaged about?

1 month later
    #25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Does anyone know if there is an early removal fee from the free play area like Allentown?

Yes, if removed before 4pm it costs $35.

http://www.theyorkshow.com/rules.html

2 months later
    #61 4 years ago

Gottlieb Royal Flush backglass. Great colors, minimal ink loss. Can bring on Friday. $125

royal flush (resized).jpgroyal flush (resized).jpgroyal flush 1 (resized).jpgroyal flush 1 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #104 4 years ago

Looking for these Bally project games, Eight Ball Deluxe (1981), Flash Gordon or Medusa.

#105 4 years ago

I can bring a Bally Strikes & Spares. Near mint BG, I also have a NOS PF which will need light touch-ups and cleared to swap with the OE. MPU and SDB being upgraded. Average cabinet. Price flexible with how far I go with it, trades for other Bally SS games possible +/- cash.

#106 4 years ago

I may have a Stern Stars to sell depending on a friend who committed a couple months ago but is having health issues. Really nice PF a 9 out of 10. BG has flaking and missing ink. Not working, MPU has massive acid damage. Cabinet average with rear bottom panel separation. Pics available, make offer or trade for early Bally SS games.

Added over 5 years ago:

Not available anymore

#151 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

How extensive/expensive of a flash project? I see them all the time. I will give you a heads up when I see one.

They must all be in MA then! Project needing cabinet repaint, beat PF, missing MPU, pretty much any condition with a solid cabinet. Just a complete game. Looking for one around 1K, more with better cosmetics.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Here is one ad. If you need me to do a pickup to hold it for you I can. It’s about an hour from me.
    nh.craigslist.org link
    There is also this:
    ebay.com link » Williams Flash Pinball Machine
    I will periodically update you when I see anymore. I can bring it to York if it’s a local machine or on the way.

Thanks but it's a Bally Flash Gordon I'm looking for, not Williams Flash.

#188 4 years ago

Looking for a working Bally solid state transformer, the type that mounts in the head. Dead rectifier board OK. E122-125.

#219 4 years ago

Project games I'm looking to buy: Bally Flash Gordon, EBD (1981), Medusa and Fireball II.

#253 4 years ago

Anyone bringing a Gottlieb Centigrade 37 to sell?

#270 4 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

There were two there for sale last year, you might wan to check with Ivan to see if he still has one for sale.

Ivan is Allentown, do you mean Rich?

#306 4 years ago

I may have a set of Bally 1979 Playboy cabinet stencils to sell, message me if interested.

#312 4 years ago

I have several stripped/worn PF's I want rid of. Not even wall art quality (unless bare wood down the middle appeals to you). Maybe a distant future hardtop project? Xenon (horrible), Silverball Mania, Magnatron (not too bad actually), Eight Ball, Star Trek and a Paragon (truly horrible). $10 each if I have room in the truck for them. Otherwise hitting a dumpster.

Added over 5 years ago:

SOLD!

1 week later
    #385 4 years ago

Selling a Bally Strikes and Spares. Mint BG, with a NOS PF which will need minor touchups and cleared. Boards are being upgraded now and a solid cabinet with decent artwork. By the show I'll have the chime unit rebuilt, connectors repined and likely functional. New Weebly rectifier board installed. $1400 and trades considered for other Bally SS games or a Gottlieb High Hand or Centigrade 37. Friday only delivery. Message me for detailed pictures.

#386 4 years ago

I'm looking for a Bally Flash Gordon project game. Blown out PF preferred for hardtop install. Not working is fine, faded cabinet welcome. Looking for one for a full restore, can pick up Friday.

#408 4 years ago

Looking for an early Bally SS transformer (in head style). Rectifier board will be replaced. PM if you can help.

#452 4 years ago

Looking for a Bally solid state lower cabinet. Solid without blown out bottom. Hinged head style is preferred but will consider all. I can pick up on Friday only.

#454 4 years ago

I know I don't have a hinged style around but I'll see if I have anything else that might work for you. I'll be "processing through" a bunch of machines next week getting stuff ready for the show and also getting ready to take a load of "junk cabinets" out to Western PA to be made into art.
    Thankfully I have a guy that saves stuff not worth saving for machines and makes award winning art out of them. Sadly I just give the cabinets away but at least he covers my fuel cost to deliver them. Still better then seeing them end up in a landfill somewhere but I really wish the guy lived 4 hours closer. It is tough wasting 10 hours everything I take a trailer load of "junk cabinets" to him.
    Check back with me next weekend and I'll let you know if I found anything that might work for you.

Thanks Skip as always.

#456 4 years ago

I have a players quality Bally Eight Ball I can bring. 100% working. Boards were upgraded, displays are good. Backglass is really nice with new trim and it was sealed. Nice coin door with new decal. Playfield was stripped, new pop bumper bodies, caps etc. Flippers rebuilt, new coil sleeves everywhere, new rubber etc. No broken plastics, they were polished and leveled. LED's in GI's. The bad: Playfield has touch ups, not horrible. Cabinet weakest part. Solid but OE paint is flaking in places. Been touched up in spots. Left side lower cabinet missing a couple stripes from a previous owner. Head frame repainted so it would look good in a lineup. $1000 firm. PM for detailed pics. Friday delivery only.

#457 4 years ago

Anyone sitting on a Bally Flash Gordon hardtop or a CPR PF they could part with?

#495 4 years ago

Selling a Bally Paragon PF apron. Has some paint loss but solid for a repaint. $45 Friday only.

DSCN5528 (resized).JPGDSCN5528 (resized).JPGDSCN5529 (resized).JPGDSCN5529 (resized).JPGDSCN5530 (resized).JPGDSCN5530 (resized).JPGDSCN5531 (resized).JPGDSCN5531 (resized).JPGDSCN5533 (resized).JPGDSCN5533 (resized).JPGDSCN5534 (resized).JPGDSCN5534 (resized).JPG
    #582 4 years ago

Back to our regularly scheduled program...….

Picked up a grail game today, Bally Flash Gordon and need a lower cabinet for it. Would consider any solid Bally SS cabinet.

#585 4 years ago

I know 100% for sure I don't have any of that later style cabinet around but I might be able to dig out an early style SS Bally cabinet for you before the show. If you don't find something else hit me up around Tuesday and I'll see what I can come up with for you. I know the neck between the body & head are different but beyond that I don't know what else they changed. If you know Jim from JT Amusements check in with him to see if he knows what else might be different between the two. He has had a fair amount of experience cobbling cabinets together in the past for games in his collection.

Ironically I just messaged Jim to flip him some work on an older EM in my area I can't do.

Any solid Bally SS cabinet is fine. I'll swap the head mounting frame. The playfield support rails are lower due to the increased height of the upper PF and of course I'd need to cut holes for the speakers. Let me know Skip.

#593 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Like Allentown and York, I am utterly dependent on community support for freeplay games. Without that support, there basically wouldn't be any games, and without games, there wouldn't be a point to do the show. If one of the regulars suddenly can't make it, that might be 1-3 games that don't show up, and in a smaller show like this, that's a pretty big hit to take.

I attended Allentown and York the last 3 years. Was at these shows multiple times before taking a 5 year break from shows. Problem for me and others I know for bringing a game is distance and show hours. I'm 3+ hours from Allentown and 2.5 hours from York (3.5 hours in Friday PM Harrisburg traffic). So with a travel time of 6-7 hours a day bringing a game and having to leave it on the floor till show closing makes it a really long day. If I was an hour away it would be different.

#596 4 years ago

I can bring a Bally Strikes & Spares on Friday. 95% working as of now. One sling shot out, a switch error and a few bulbs out. MPU upgraded with battery, SBD board upgrades done by Chris Hibler. New Weebly power supply board. New .156 connectors and housings. Near mint OE BG. Decent cabinet and coin door. PF is horrible but comes with a NOS PF. Great winter project game. $1500. Will have it listed in the Marketplace this weekend (hopefully) with pics.

#597 4 years ago

More
    I fully understand where people are coming from as far as it being hard to bring games. But on the other hand when a guy 30 minutes from the show uses a thread for the show to advertise machines he has for sale but isn't bringing to the show that just isn't right!

Agreed. If I was that close I'd bring a game every show. I rather pay more $$ at the gate to support the show and keep the larger hall. Allentown is $20. I've seen local CL ads for York advertising "play pinball all day for $15" which is great to bring more people in. How about charging a higher admission to get in a hour early? Early bird pricing? Pre pay entrance? Vendors might hate that since they're setting up but I'd pay double to avoid the line at Allentown last spring. Might even have gotten that EBD.

#676 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

Lighten up Francis. It's a hobby and is supposed to be fun. "Market to the Cro-Magnon element of the hobby"? ...really ...and by the way, it's Cro-Magnon, not co-magnon. You're right about one thing though, you're better off staying home.

BOOM!

#800 4 years ago

Long shot..... Have a pin buddy (technically "mate" in Australia) looking for a NOS Bally Dolly Parton PF or BG. If you're sitting on either and want to sell at the show, PM me.

#801 4 years ago

Bally Strikes & Spares with NOS PF:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/85926

$1350 delivered to the show on Friday. 100% working now except a couple pop bumper light sockets which can be replaced during PF swap.

#849 4 years ago

I can bring a box of Gottlieb EM parts stripped from a Magnatron PF. A bunch of coils, a stepper unit, relay bank, targets, switches etc. $20. Need to know by 7AM tomorrow morning.

DSCN5571 (resized).JPGDSCN5571 (resized).JPG
    #864 4 years ago

Traffic question. The last few years I left the show on Friday during rush hour and sat for over an hour +. I travel 83N to Rt 322 West to State College. Do any of you Harrisburg locals know if I'd be better off taking the PA turnpike off 83 N head west and the exit to Rt 15 thru Camp Hill? Then follow the west bank to Duncannon?

#868 4 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Unfortunately, it probably won't save you much time. Camp Hill is a mess traffic wise.

Thanks for the heads up. Last year Penn State had a home football game which increased traffic. At least they're away this weekend at Iowa. Worst part it seems I-83 is always under construction before I-81.

#908 4 years ago

Just back from the show. Great show as always. Being a Bally guy, my 2 favorites in the free play area were the EM Mata Hari, thanks Dono for bringing it. Having had the SS version 6 years in my gameroom it was my 1st time ever seeing the EM version. Hit several specials on my 1st ball. Great playing game. 2nd was the funky Spectrum. 1st time ever seeing one of these. After a couple games I came to enjoy it. Wish it was leveled side to side but still cool.

Seemed to be a bunch of non working games in the free play area plus games without credits. But there were plenty of others that worked fine. The older EM's were great as usual. Played a bunch of titles that were a 1st for me and I'm old enough to have played EM's in the 60's.

Great job Rich!

#909 4 years ago

Also, Thanks Jim from JT Amusements for the great heads up on beating traffic for my trip home to State College. Barely a delay at all.

#972 4 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

Don =- that game should win for best EM, great job!

I 2nd that!

#973 4 years ago

Anyone know who owned the worn Centaur and High Speed Playfields in the back corner opposite Registration? I meant to to take a closer look at them but forgot before I left the show......

I bought a set of displays from them. Ask Skip (toomanypins). He was next to them and I'm sure he knows.

#977 4 years ago
    Quoted from stavio:

Novous. Glad you liked it. It is a fast game new almost everything but box and pf

You mean Novus, the cleaner? That's not a wax.

#983 4 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Part of my haul from today.....can't wait to get her up and running.....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I missed that C37. Was that a pre-buy?

#987 4 years ago
    Quoted from nocreditdot:

I'm a proud new owner of a nice Stern Stars. Its going to fit in nicely between seawitch and nineball. Thank you the96stang

You will love Stars, a great Stern.

#992 4 years ago

Anyone know why Classic Arcades wasn't there? Not a fan of their products but they are the only ones selling Bally Playboy drop targets and bumper caps.

#996 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Thanks to Rich and crew for putting on another great show. My wife and I have come from the Detroit area four years in a row and it’s still our favorite show. I brought and sold a Team One and came back with a Rawhide. And, thanks to Mayfair, I also have an original parts catalog and a replacement standing target for it. The personality of the show with its “home feel” is great. The show is still well worth the drive!

Jim, wish I could of attended Saturday and we could of met. Hope your happy with the RF BG. GO PSU next weekend!

#1043 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

I think that's great, but those who bring top end games to shows and win "Best of" awards weren't offered cash awards... I think that's an oversight that needs to be corrected for next year.

I agree with this. Show attendees get to vote in some manner. Categories like best Bingo, Best EM, Best early SS, Best DMD pre 2000, best DMD post 2000. Cash prize to the winners.

The Mata Hari wins best EM this show.

#1090 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

Those flips were aligned perfectly prior to the 800th or so game that was played prior to this set of photos being taken...

Yeah they were perfect. As I said I won a couple specials on ball #1 and got an atta boy from the guy waiting behind me. (Had the SS version for 6 years before selling it). PERFECT. Thanks for the opportunity to play it.

#1091 4 years ago

Also was that a hardtop on that Mata Hari?

#1093 4 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Nope, that was my first question.
    The one thing I didn't like about that machine is it made my Black Jack 2 machines down look like crap.

Total WOW then. I didn't have time or side space to inspect the top of the shooter lane with people waiting behind me to inspect it properly. That PF was glass smooth and I had multiple hard playfield glass hits from hard shots that just ripped! Oh yeah, those flippers sucked

#1112 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Thanks for selling me the RF BG, tomdrum , your packaging was great, and now she looks so much better, one of my favorite pins! Before and after:[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad it went into a game that needed one. Much better than collecting dust in my game room!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroom-york-show-2019-buy-sell-trade-no-hotel-amp-food?tu=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.