Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,114 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Skidave
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32BC883C-2769-4EE2-AEB2-AB7C6685F128 (resized).jpeg
    B50F030E-9089-44B4-8A83-EBFFAFB49761 (resized).jpeg
    20191015_212245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4794 (resized).JPG
    dd (resized).jpg
    20191012_115312 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115301 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115304 (resized).jpg
    051c3c1b588def3cbca9dfd2d98b3827eb3d79e9 (resized).jpg
    20191013_161650 (resized).jpg
    20191013_182346 (resized).jpg
    pinshakers (resized).jpg
    20191013_005026 (resized).jpg
    7D50AEBD-B1F9-4B0D-8B1C-BEE26D87CA23 (resized).jpeg
    6B31A14B-E8BB-4EE8-8755-E021419B1F97 (resized).jpeg
    997BC9D8-EB37-4E49-8D33-81B37B60650C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

Can bring a Seeburg 222 if anyone is looking for a nice original condition jukebox. First stereo jukebox and sounds great[quoted image]

How much?

1 month later
    #226 4 years ago

I have the following games for sale which i can bring to york if there is interest. They are also for sale now in phoenixville if anyone wants to stop by between now and the show. Feel free to make cash or trade offers if you don't like my price. Worst I can say is no!
    Pinball pool.super condition 1500
    Stern harley Davidson freshly shopped mint LEDs 3500
    Bally spectrum leds 3000
    Cue ball wizard nice 2500
    Roller games leds nice 1850
    Meteor nice players condition bg touched up new targets. Bumper caps 1800
    Flying carpet unshopped decent cab and pf. Flaking bg 350
    Sega golden cue super working condition! Freshly shopped. New drop targets. One of only 8 known in the world!! 4000
    Bally star trek nice overall 1800 new mpu.
    Bally target zero black light arcade 800
    Bally all star deluxe bowler arcade 2500 new backglass.
    Spring break not working currently. Complete and good cosmetics. 600
    Jennings challenger console slot working good. 10 cent/ 5 cent. Double jackpot. 1600
    Royal rumble playfield mostly all there no wear 350
    Gottlieb sinbad em! Really nice and working! 1500.
    Sigma double jokers poker slot. Works great-quarter in, quarter out. 450
    Feel free to ask questions!

#230 4 years ago

Why not just require a non-refundable deposit of 100-200 from any buyers who say they want a particular game. Then have a definite day and time where they will meet with you to pick up the game, preferably early in the show. If they don't take it or don't show up at the agreed upon time, you sell the game to someone else. If you end up taking a lower price, you keep the deposit. If you do get your full asking price, you can refund the deposit if you are so inclined. People who balk at leaving a deposit are tire kickers and will ultimately not buy the game anyway, or try to beat you down to half your asking price once they get there. That's assuming you have described the game with honesty and have sent a few pics to show the basics of the game.
    As far as all the games being sold before the show, there's always plenty of games for sale when the show opens. But the early bird gets the worm. If someone sleeps in and shows up an hour before closing and the best deals are gone - tough! I learned as a little kid the world goes on with or without me. If I'm not there early, I'm probably going to miss something.

#292 4 years ago

I have the following games for sale which i can bring to york if there is interest. They are also for sale now in phoenixville if anyone wants to stop by between now and the show. Feel free to make cash or trade offers if you don't like my price. Worst I can say is no!
    Bally spectrum leds 3000
    XXXX Roller games leds nice 1850 XXXX SOLD
    Sega golden cue super working condition! Freshly shopped. New drop targets. One of only 8 known in the world!! 4000
    XXXX Spring break not working currently. Complete and good cosmetics. 600 XXXX SOLD
    Jennings challenger console slot working good. 10 cent/ 5 cent. Double jackpot. 1600

1 week later
    #361 4 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Bally spectrum leds 3000
    XXXX Spring break not working currently. Complete and good cosmetics. 600 XXXX SOLD

Spectrum, Roller Games and Spring Break all spoken for. The others are still available if anyone is interested.

1 week later
    #481 4 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Spectrum, Roller Games and Spring Break all spoken for. The others are still available if anyone is interested.

Cue Ball Wizard sold. Still have the other games to bring if any interest. Ask questions or make offers - cash, trade, etc.
    Also, I just discovered a ton of jukebox parts when cleaning out some dead areas of my storage. Mostly Seeburg stuff from the '60's or so but maybe some AMI and Wurlitzer also. Amps, maybe control centers or a power supply, all kinds of crap! Anyone looking for juke stuff? Available either to look at in my home in Phoenixville or I can bring if there is any interest. Open to cash or trade offers. I can text pics if you send me your cell number. There's probably a foot locker sized pile of parts at least.

#562 4 years ago

I have faithfully attended the York Show for as long as I can remember - probably the last 15-20 years or how ever long it has been open. Many of those years I have either brought a free play game or rented either indoor or outdoor flea market space or rented a vendor booth. I have always enjoyed the show. I don't care one way or another about the show shirt because I am getting a little too old for t-shirts with writing on them, if you know what I mean. I used to buy them years ago when I was a younger guy.

However, two observations I do have that might impact on the show's future success:

The show used to be Friday night set up and show days Saturday and Sunday. I personally liked that better and have talked with a number of people who say they can't go Friday because they can't get off work. I know Sunday was a dead day, but so is Saturday to a certain extent, under the new schedule. Also, I think families are more likely to attend on a Sat/Sun than on a Fri/Sat, which might mean more gate admission for promoters and higher sales for vendors. I always get better prices from "homeowners" than Pinsiders, just because of the nature of the hobby.

Also, many years in the past I set up at York with reasonably priced games but got ridiculously priced low ball offers for shopped, really nice cosmetic condition games. Often, this was from other pinball hobbyists who might be looking to buy and flip. Also, this was in past years before the more recent craze in pinball prices, but still, York is still not known as a place to sell the high end stuff for whatever reason. That is not the case in Allentown where you can sell a $5000 game just as easily as a $1000 game.

I like to get a great deal as much as anyone else and will often low ball a seller, but I also try to be realistic about what a game is worth. Also, I try to support show sellers as much as possible because I want to see them back next year. People who have not set up themselves have no idea of the work involved in getting games ready, loading a truck and/or trailer, taking off work, making the drive to York, setting up, babysitting the booth all day for both days, etc etc. Add in food, gas and maybe motel costs and it takes plenty of both time and money! When I don't sell enough games to "make it worth my while" (whatever that means to each of us) and have to drag a bunch of stuff back home with me, I don't go back the following year as a vendor. Or I take a lot less games and leave the high end stuff at home. I think that also largely contributes to the pre-sale phenomenon where people only want to bring what is pre-sold.

Sellers who set up at shows are not the travelling museum of pinball machines! They need to sell some games for a reasonable amount to cover expenses and provide some cash for additional game purchases. They don't want just "lookers"! People who make very low ball offers are like the people who price their purchases at the local mom and pop store but then buy it off of Amazon because they can save $50. And then are surprised and disappointed when the mom and pop store closes up a year or two later. If vendors sell out each year of the show, they will be back next year with even more games. That's just the nature of things. If they don't sell, they will bring fewer games or might not come back at all.

So, if you are bummed that the show is not as big as you'd hoped, consider getting out there and supporting the vendors that did show up. Spend a few bucks and everyone makes out!

#755 4 years ago

Last chance. I'm starting to load up the truck! Any interest in the following please let me know.

Pinball pool, super condition 1500
    Bally spectrum leds 3000 ON HOLD
    Cue ball wizard nice 2500 SOLD
    Meteor nice players condition bg touched up looks good! New targets and bumper caps. Nice playing! Just shopped! 1200
    Bally star trek nice overall 1600 new mpu.
    Feel free to ask questions! Pics texted or emailed upon request.

#958 4 years ago

" A few years ago anyone that put 8k on a stock TZ or ToM would have been the laughing stock of the show.. yes prices are up a bit, but even accounting for that it ridiculous, and for some reason now that’s just accepted.. and that’s not the only games.. those BS inflated prices were mostly across the board. I don’t think it’s a supply and demand issue, I think it’s people fishing and trying to take advantage of newcomers and those that don’t know the true market."

Yeah, it sucks that we can't buy addams family for 1100 or wcs '94 for 550 anymore, but those days are gone. It's called supply and demand. As long as there are willing buyers who can and will pay 6500-8000 for an addams, that's what they are going to bring and any seller that sells his addams for less than that when he knows he can get more is just stupid, unless he is supporting a charity or some other special case.

The other factor I see is that years ago pinball collectors were a hands on bunch and did much of their own repair and restoration. That's why the outside flea markets flourished where you could find an as is good deal. Many collectors I meet today have no interest or understanding of even how to change a flipper coil. So, they must, and are willing to, pay top dollar for a game already done inside and out. That drives prices up. That's just the way it is.

#1058 4 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

I've put a lot of thought into the auction idea over the years, and can't see it working from a logistics standpoint. The auction would need to be "free admission". What happens to the show if the public can go next door and play all day for free? What would be the incentive to go into the show? When would it happen? Being a two day show, it would have to either happen on what is a setup day for some or the day that everyone is going to be tearing down. How would that work with the traffic from the show? Maybe run it on Sunday after the show but the rent from the fairgrounds is too high to make the auction profitable. There is no multi day discount (or any other discount) when dealing with the fairgrounds.
    Also it was already tried at the York show years back and it didn't really work out well. Some of the Maryland Auctions tried a hybrid show auction thing for a couple of events and I don't think it went over really well.

At the Pheasant Run shows in Chicago some years ago, they would run a small auction just for show attendees at the end of the day. Any vendor who wanted could consign a machine, parts, or anything else to the auction. Someone would walk from booth to booth, item to item and auction it off. Very very informal. No special admissions, no real rules. Auction items didn't have to be pre-registered and could change from minute to minute. If you had something you were sick of looking at and didn't want to take home, you could try it at auction. Sometimes buyers could get a good deal, sometimes not. I don't think sellers were obligated to let an item go if prices were too low. They held right of refusal, but often could be cajoled into selling by good natured ribbing from the crowd!

An auction like this might be fun, and might encourage more people to hang around a little later in the day. The auctions were typically held around 3PM if I remember correctly. But with a relatively small crowd, prices might also be low and not many pieces might get auctioned. You could always try it and see, but the less formality and rules, the better. Keep it simple!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroom-york-show-2019-buy-sell-trade-no-hotel-amp-food?tu=sbmania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.