Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,114 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Skidave
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32BC883C-2769-4EE2-AEB2-AB7C6685F128 (resized).jpeg
    B50F030E-9089-44B4-8A83-EBFFAFB49761 (resized).jpeg
    20191015_212245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4794 (resized).JPG
    dd (resized).jpg
    20191012_115312 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115301 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115304 (resized).jpg
    051c3c1b588def3cbca9dfd2d98b3827eb3d79e9 (resized).jpg
    20191013_161650 (resized).jpg
    20191013_182346 (resized).jpg
    pinshakers (resized).jpg
    20191013_005026 (resized).jpg
    7D50AEBD-B1F9-4B0D-8B1C-BEE26D87CA23 (resized).jpeg
    6B31A14B-E8BB-4EE8-8755-E021419B1F97 (resized).jpeg
    997BC9D8-EB37-4E49-8D33-81B37B60650C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#644 4 years ago

I have a bunch of gottlieb black hole parts like an NOS plastic set, NOS pop bumper caps.. pop bumper assemblies/bodies, pop bumper board, a display.. a couple of flipper rebuild kits.. I’ll be at the York show on Friday. Make me an offer..
    D0ED15B6-9D4A-472D-A234-2F9BD9DAE643 (resized).jpegD0ED15B6-9D4A-472D-A234-2F9BD9DAE643 (resized).jpeg

Only have the black hole specific parts left.. also have a replacement spinning disc motor

#661 4 years ago

Looking for Ice Cold Beer..

#678 4 years ago

I have a new PROC controller with WPC mount from Multimorphic. It's new/unused, normally 375 plus shipping.. can bring to York show Friday for $300.

#912 4 years ago

It was great to see the usual folks again.. but to me the York show continues to be mostly a show to meetup for games that you have either pre sold or pre bought. It used to be there were some deals to be had for some nicer or more modern era games but after today I think those days are gone.

The Cointaker crew represented with 4 or so stern pros, and a a smaller booth setup for their normal stuff.

“Mr Pinball Wizard” and the other parts table across from him. I guess these guys are there to sell stuff at a convenience premium to those who brought games for free play. $30 for a single flipper rebuild kit (I.e. left or right?) Marco sells a pair for that.. $13 for a switch adjustment tool? $5 from Marco. What’s the benefit to going to a show for parts?

Bingo row.. I get that some folks like these and York has always been an older show. I love that bingopodcast is so passionate, and i know its a massive effort to get these to the show.. but I just don’t get it personally. Where is the modern counterpart with Bally, Williams, Stern, Spooky, or JJP games?

The most interesting row had a theater of magic and a Tz both decent but for a whopping $8000 each. The $4200 funhouse was interesting but there was an 8-10 person line waiting to play it, likely because it was one of the most interesting things to do there.

Your normal crew of Gameroom decor odds and ends were there with beer glasses and neons, tap handles and bottle openers. Not much change there. Starship fantasy with the normal table and layout of things, no change. Seemed like less of the cool “history” stuff, one plastic ramp mold from an unknown game..

A few new innovator booths like “pinshaker” which is cool to see.

The flea market areas had the normal part out odds and ends, but the presumably dead/take a chance games continue to climb in price.

At this show it feels like for the most part, the passion has left the pinball hobby and it’s all about taking advantage of the next sucker or newcomer.. Where are the high end restorations there for show? What about the innovative project games or homebrews? What happened to the DMD deals?

I hope that’s not the hobby now in general, and I’m looking forward to Expo hopefully redeeming my current depression.

In summary, for $15 entry you can play a few new sterns, buy some old parts, and play mostly older bingo and EMs, with a very very small handful of solid state and interesting DMD era games. If you’re looking to buy games there are deals to be had in the earlier EMs, but the DMDs are few and far between and way over priced. If you want to buy parts you’re likely going to pay a super premium.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

#919 4 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

How many higher-end Restorations did you bring? How many custom games did you bring? Did you even bother to bring a game at all?

The York show isn’t my local show.. when we have our open houses, magfest etc. I represent. Today we talked about starting a more local show to us.. anyway thanks for the comment.

#920 4 years ago

dup

#926 4 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

I have two there... And I like to think they're pretty innovative. At least, I've never seen anything like them.
    I've reverse-engineered every production bingo pinball machine in a single cabinet with swappable playfields, and score and instruction card screens from before it was cool. 142 games in one - EM parts driven by a P3-Roc. Every game, wire for wire, rivet for rivet reverse engineered. Down to the animations. This is it's fourth year at the show. I unveiled it for the public to play at York.
    I've done the same with a new game, Multi-Races, 10 one ball horserace games in one cabinet on a single playfield. This is the first time that it has been playable by the public.
    Between these two games, you can play an entire history of gambling pinballs from 1936-1981.
    I can tell you it has been a tremendous amount of work. I can't even tell you how much.
    I have other different games in the works and I'll be bringing those in years to come. I'm currently working on an ultra-modern flipper game.
    Not every game is for everyone, but just thought I'd point out that there are some unique and interesting homebrews if you keep an open mind.

I gave you a special shoutout my friend, you absolutely bring it... it’s not my cup of tea, but I know how much effort it is.. and I follow the pindev slack.. you’re a machine, and thank you.

#947 4 years ago

Yes, the York show has always been an “older” show.. but it’s also been primarily a project show. A place to go and pickup something on the cheap. The lack of outdoor flea market is a huge negative, and many of the indoor flea market areas didn’t have prices on anything.. and what they wanted for assumingly dead games on their backs was ludicrous. Sure it could be a supply/demand issue like you say, but I think it’s just greed.. greed because of all the newcomer blood in the hobby, the likelihood that someone will pay something seemingly stupid is probably high. The eBay mentality is now leaking into our own private community shows.. and it sucks.

200% markup on parts is just ridiculous.. same as trying to sell junk like old flipper plungers/cores at new prices.

A few years ago anyone that put 8k on a stock TZ or ToM would have been the laughing stock of the show.. yes prices are up a bit, but even accounting for that it ridiculous, and for some reason now that’s just accepted.. and that’s not the only games.. those BS inflated prices were mostly across the board. I don’t think it’s a supply and demand issue, I think it’s people fishing and trying to take advantage of newcomers and those that don’t know the true market.

I’m not going to these shows to see and play a bunch of games I have at home or within a few minutes of my house.. But since that’s what I was left to do with no deals to buy I was underwhelmed. Maybe there must be more available where I’m at, or I participate in this local community here to know enough collectors. I’m not excited driving 4 hours etc, to play two dozen games that everyone is waiting to play. 10 minutes from me in any direction, there are places with that kind of volume. Doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the individuals that made the effort, but likely from here on out I’ll just do my parking lot deals and save the entry fee, put it towards buying parts online.

The lack of presence from JJP and other resellers/vendors like that has got to mean, they similarly don’t see value in the show.. and if I’m being totally honest, Cointaker phoned it in. They had games and mods presence, but getting anyone to help you was like pulling teeth. I literally had to ask them to help me through each step of the transaction.

I fully expect the majority of you to chest thump and disagree.. enjoy your ocean of EM and Bingo games, 8k stock TZs, $2500 Shaqs and f-14s, and $60 flipper rebuild kits.

#959 4 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

" A few years ago anyone that put 8k on a stock TZ or ToM would have been the laughing stock of the show.. yes prices are up a bit, but even accounting for that it ridiculous, and for some reason now that’s just accepted.. and that’s not the only games.. those BS inflated prices were mostly across the board. I don’t think it’s a supply and demand issue, I think it’s people fishing and trying to take advantage of newcomers and those that don’t know the true market."
    Yeah, it sucks that we can't buy addams family for 1100 or wcs '94 for 550 anymore, but those days are gone. It's called supply and demand. As long as there are willing buyers who can and will pay 6500-8000 for an addams, that's what they are going to bring and any seller that sells his addams for less than that when he knows he can get more is just stupid, unless he is supporting a charity or some other special case.
    The other factor I see is that years ago pinball collectors were a hands on bunch and did much of their own repair and restoration. That's why the outside flea markets flourished where you could find an as is good deal. Many collectors I meet today have no interest or understanding of even how to change a flipper coil. So, they must, and are willing to, pay top dollar for a game already done inside and out. That drives prices up. That's just the way it is.

You’re taking my comment to the extreme, I don’t foolishly expect that it’s 2004 pricing again. I don’t expect charity, and certainly understand supply and demand.. But given I didn’t see many of those expensive games flying out the door yesterday, I’m inclined to think that’s false. In general it seemed like people didn’t really want to sell, they wanted to take a chance to find a sucker or they are the sucker that was taken advantage of and are trying to pass the buck.. if that’s what our hobby has mostly become, you can keep it.

I hate to believe that the new world of our hobby is collectors who don’t know or don’t care if they are being raked over the coals... cant be bothered to actually learn how to fix anything, and aren’t interested about taking pride in their own restoration.. just “having” the best example.. and showing it off on fucking “pincribs.. “

But more and more it seems like you’re right. I just hope it all blows over and people start getting obsessed over beanie babies again so we can go back to business as usual.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroom-york-show-2019-buy-sell-trade-no-hotel-amp-food?tu=knockerlover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.