5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,113 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by 1stpinballdave
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 470 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

32BC883C-2769-4EE2-AEB2-AB7C6685F128 (resized).jpeg
    B50F030E-9089-44B4-8A83-EBFFAFB49761 (resized).jpeg
    20191015_212245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4794 (resized).JPG
    dd (resized).jpg
    20191012_115312 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115301 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115304 (resized).jpg
    051c3c1b588def3cbca9dfd2d98b3827eb3d79e9 (resized).jpg
    20191013_161650 (resized).jpg
    20191013_182346 (resized).jpg
    pinshakers (resized).jpg
    20191013_005026 (resized).jpg
    7D50AEBD-B1F9-4B0D-8B1C-BEE26D87CA23 (resized).jpeg
    6B31A14B-E8BB-4EE8-8755-E021419B1F97 (resized).jpeg
    997BC9D8-EB37-4E49-8D33-81B37B60650C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 months ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

So there are no hotels or food available during the York show? Is there another convention that booked all of the rooms

No Farmer's Market, but I still love the York Show. La Quinta is pretty good, and they have a great breakfast buffet.

#15 5 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

No Farmer's Market, but I still love the York Show. La Quinta is pretty good, and they have a great breakfast buffet.

Oops! No hotel or food talk here. Sorry. Too early to say what I'm bringing or want. Will update in due time.

4 months later
    #325 38 days ago

Still looking for a 1940 Gottlieb "Border Town" backglass, and a complete head for a Bally "Campus Queen".

#356 35 days ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

Not a machine or a part, but I have this equipment case I am no longer using. This is a heavy duty case with locking latches, vent, etc. Dimensions are 26" wide, 16" high, 16" deep. $25.00 I can only meet on Friday. PM me if you are interested.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Load it with ice and beer and I might be interested!

#357 35 days ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

I'll be looking for a High Hand! I owned one in the past and sold it because of the drop targets not resetting. I love the artwork and would like to have a nice one back in the collection.

Drop target still won't be resetting!

#375 34 days ago
    Quoted from Tamster:

Anyone going to York that might have an empty cabinet/backbox? If you have can you tell me what it is and $. Also, looking for a lockdown for Superman Atari. Again please let me know $
    Thanks

You probably should be a little more specific about cabinet/backbox.

1 week later
    #474 24 days ago

Just registered Gottlieb "Pin-Up" and "Top Card" for free play.

#475 24 days ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

York has always been my favorite show not because of the size of the show but because it feels like a good old pair of shoes. There is just something very comfortable about being at the show. It never seems to get as crazy as Allentown but still has a nice selection of machines in freeplay.

I agree with that. York just has a nice feel, but I preferred the large building that it was held in years back.

#485 24 days ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

The new building is larger than what we really need but the other building (Old Main) is too small. It was at the point with the Old Main building that we had more vendors than what we had space.

I understand the reasons for the move, and it's great that the show is growing. You and the crew do a great job, and it's truly appreciated. I've been to every York show since the very beginning, and starting many years back, I've always brought at least one game for free play. Last year three, this year two. Unfortunately, I don't have a woodrail ready to go for woodrail row this time. Love the bingo row too. It's a four hour drive for me, but always look forward to it. It's now my favorite show as well.

#617 18 days ago
    Quoted from Stoomer:

This attitude, presented THIS TIME by that Jody character, is even more frustrating to those of us who drive 3+ hrs in a gas guzzling hog and stay in a hotel for a c-note plus per night every year to support the show. I usually bring 2 or 3 games to Allentown, Saratoga, and York every year, so I'm not just doing it for the free admission. Hell, alotta times my games aren't even for sale. So when somebody looks to sell games outta their house on the show's back without even putting in what amounts to much less effort than I am, AND makes all sorts of suggestions on how shows should be run...well, that there is a TOOL for ya...

Yup. Couldn't agree more. You got one downvote though. Gee, I wonder who.

#642 17 days ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Cactus Jacks is show ready. 1900 obo. Will presell, but must be on the show floor Friday morning[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you decided to make the trip.
    You'll enjoy this show.

#677 15 days ago
    Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

Lighten up Francis. It's a hobby and is supposed to be fun. "Market to the Cro-Magnon element of the hobby"? ...really ...and by the way, it's Cro-Magnon, not co-magnon. You're right about one thing though, you're better off staying home.

You tell 'im Dave, I stutter!

#745 14 days ago
    Quoted from Dono:

Making progress, we have lights!...[quoted image]

Damn. That looks like it just came out of the crate!

#757 13 days ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

Can't wait to play it!
    See you at the show.

Four player game. Me, you, Dave and Don!

#922 10 days ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Was that 2001 for sale?

Which one? I bought the one with the original cabinet, but no backglass. There's another one in free play with a painted up cabinet.
    I believe it's for sale.

#937 10 days ago
    Quoted from mavantix:

They must have moved? Where they used to be is a hot dog place now.

Yeah. "Doggie Style"!

#1031 9 days ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm kinda scratching my head on that one. Maybe its the attitude going in the counts. Spent $30 at the door, $100 in tolls, at least that in gas for the truck, food, etc. Purchased $45 worth of stuff from vendors. Could I have saved money on the stuff mail order and saved myself from brutal traffic?
    Absolutely.
    Out of it I have three new friends, been to a fun show I had not experienced yet and support in a small way, got my son out of the rut he has been stuck in for a day or two, played a few titles I didn't play before, swapped pins with a pinsider and was able to skip work making it a 3 day weekend.
    On balance I'd say it was a decent deal, look forward to doing it again next year.[quoted image]

$100 in tolls and brutal traffic? You must have taken I-95 all the way and the NJ turnpike. I can get to your house and not pay any tolls, and the tolls I paid round trip for the show were a grand total of $2.50.
    I was very fortunate that the travel both ways was very smooth and uneventful. Light traffic both ways and it took the usual four hours each way.

#1055 8 days ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

There is no need for a show to try and be like another show - each can be unique and still be great in their own way.

Skip, I totally agree with that statement. Each show is different and unique in it's own way, and I enjoy each one for what it is. Seeing pinball and your pinball buddies (!) alive and well is the best part of any show.

#1069 8 days ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Completely restored -> flippers not aligned
    Saw the same thing on that nice Wizard

Sheesh, c'mon! Don scrambled to get that beauty ready to share with us literally to the last hour before leaving for the show. I know I usually need several days to proof play a game, and get everything as perfect as possible. He didn't have that luxury, but chose to bring it anyway, and I'm glad he did.

#1099 7 days ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

The voice of the man behind the curtain was epic. I stopped and listened just because he killed it.

He really should go pro if he isn't already. He could get the gig at any sports arena. What pipes!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 49.00
    $ 89.99
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.95
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 16.95
    $ 7,499.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Forever
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside