Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,114 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Skidave
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32BC883C-2769-4EE2-AEB2-AB7C6685F128 (resized).jpeg
    B50F030E-9089-44B4-8A83-EBFFAFB49761 (resized).jpeg
    20191015_212245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4794 (resized).JPG
    dd (resized).jpg
    20191012_115312 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115301 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115304 (resized).jpg
    051c3c1b588def3cbca9dfd2d98b3827eb3d79e9 (resized).jpg
    20191013_161650 (resized).jpg
    20191013_182346 (resized).jpg
    pinshakers (resized).jpg
    20191013_005026 (resized).jpg
    7D50AEBD-B1F9-4B0D-8B1C-BEE26D87CA23 (resized).jpeg
    6B31A14B-E8BB-4EE8-8755-E021419B1F97 (resized).jpeg
    997BC9D8-EB37-4E49-8D33-81B37B60650C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#516 4 years ago

Edit:
    Moved elsewhere since everyone is butthurt!

#525 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I talked to Rich tonight and thanks to the lack of support it looks like the show will be headed back to the smaller hall next year. I don't know if Rich will be upset with me making this post or not but I am really sad to here people did not "step up" and support the show like they should have.
    So many parking lot deals, so much stuff getting sold before the show, so few people registering games ahead of time for freeplay, all contributed to this. DO NOT blame Rich -- you guys dropped the ball! For two years now Rich has worked very hard to help the show grow but he can't do it alone. So next year when he runs out of space for freeplay machines & vendors in the smaller hall look in the mirror - it wasn't Rich's fault it was everyone's fault that didn't do all they could to help the show grow.
    It isn't too late to change this but unless more dealers step up and fill spaces and more people register games for freeplay you know where the show is headed next year! I really don't care because we are getting ready to "step away" from the hobby but I am sad for the people who have supported the show and for Rich & his family.
    Rich - I am sorry if you didn't want this posted but I feel as though there is still a chance to turn things around. If people don't know what is going on until it is too late there will be no turning back. So I feel as though it is important for people to know what is about to happen.

Perhaps he should come up with an even trashier t-shirt design this year to pull more neckbeards out of the woodwork? Time to start looking at the method...because Allentown seems to be growing every year, not shrinking.

#528 4 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

The show is growing, both attendance and # of vendors have been up every year that I have run it. So your statement is invalid.

So why is Chip telling us, after after talking to you last night, that people aren't supporting the show and the show will be moving back to the smaller hall? Which is it? I don't have a problem with you at all, I just prefer not to attend shows that prefer to market to the co-magnon element of the hobby that is perfectly happy keeping pinball in the dark ages.

#541 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Rich had nothing to do with that shirt design - it was actually a couple female members of his family that did that design. Rich is a busy guy and passed that task off to someone else to handle and that someone else was a female. So if you have an issue with the design that issue shouldn't be with Rich. Again I am likely saying more than I should because Rich tells me stuff in confidence but it really gets under my skin to see someone taking the heat for stuff he didn't even have any involvement with.
    Bottom line is what Rich said earlier - it is pretty simple if you don't like Rich or like the show stay the hell home. But if that is the case DON'T use this thread to advertise machines you have for sale. All this type BS is why I am leaving the hobby after this show. We will still have our pinball collection but I will no longer be doing shows, selling parts online, and visiting Pinside after the first of the new year. It just isn't fun anymore!

Rich unveiled the preliminary shirt design early last year, and it set off a firestorm on social media. He chose to change nothing, double down and continue to go through with having the shirts made and sold out of them at the show. Sure, it was a "success" in the moment, but how many people were turned off from coming to the show at all after the initial announcement and social media storm? I want to see this hobby grow, and times are changing. This isn't 1986 any more. One of the great growing and untapped markets of this hobby are among women and kids. There are likely many women out there who stay away from pinball due to the greasy, sexist stereotypes that are reinforced by the t-shirt design from this show. Yes, it is a free world...but when a promoter of a show decides to market the hobby in this manner, I am personally not going to support it. For someone that wants to see the show get bigger, why would you purposely try to alienate a portion of your market? You should be looking to attract as many different demographics as you can, not placate to a vocal minority. If you have a problem with me standing up for what I believe in, Chip/Rich...i'm sorry you feel that way. Good luck with your endeavors...my involvement either way is pretty minuscule in the grand scheme of things.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroom-york-show-2019-buy-sell-trade-no-hotel-amp-food?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.