Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,114 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Skidave
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32BC883C-2769-4EE2-AEB2-AB7C6685F128 (resized).jpeg
    B50F030E-9089-44B4-8A83-EBFFAFB49761 (resized).jpeg
    20191015_212245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4794 (resized).JPG
    dd (resized).jpg
    20191012_115312 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115301 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115304 (resized).jpg
    051c3c1b588def3cbca9dfd2d98b3827eb3d79e9 (resized).jpg
    20191013_161650 (resized).jpg
    20191013_182346 (resized).jpg
    pinshakers (resized).jpg
    20191013_005026 (resized).jpg
    7D50AEBD-B1F9-4B0D-8B1C-BEE26D87CA23 (resized).jpeg
    6B31A14B-E8BB-4EE8-8755-E021419B1F97 (resized).jpeg
    997BC9D8-EB37-4E49-8D33-81B37B60650C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago

Can’t wait... Hopefully I’ll have a sweet fully restored Bally Mata Hari EM and a game for the woodie row.

Don O

4 months later
    #433 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Anyone selling new standard size playfield glass? Wish I picked up a few more pieces at Allentown!

I'd like some as well, bumping this again... anyone selling new glass at the show?

1 week later
    #592 4 years ago

I'm bringing two games to support the show this year, I'll bring a third if I can get it done in time.

I'm excited to say I'll be bringing a fully restored EM Mata Hari that I should have completed by Monday!!!...

along with a nice playing GTB Funland. I'm also supporting by being a flea market participant this year. Hopefully I can scrounge up some high-quality pinball crapola to sell (backglasses, old playfields, neon parts, etc.).

As Skip says, everyone needs to step up and bring an extra game if possible, or if you've never brought a game, go ahead and do so... I don't want to go back to the smaller hall!

#724 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

I'm bringing two games to support the show this year, I'll bring a third if I can get it done in time.
    I'm excited to say I'll be bringing a fully restored EM Mata Hari that I should have completed by Monday!!!...

Making progress, we have lights!...

We have lights2 (resized).JPGWe have lights2 (resized).JPG
    #812 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

Looking good Donny!

It's 11:45 and she's officially ready for the show...

man, very pumped to see all my pin buds, and hey, so far it looks like nice weather.

Here's one last pic before I break her down:

FINISHED (resized).JPGFINISHED (resized).JPG
    #875 4 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Just played this machine. AMAZING!</blockquote

Thanks for the compliment...Bally drop target issue - on right target bank has reared its ugly head... I’ll tweak the reset arm so hopefully all targets will stay up on reset.

#1014 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

I thoroughly enjoyed York, Rich provided the env. and the folks brought out a very nice assortment of em's, more then we see at tpf. Had a great time catching up with the gang and and meeting more of the east coast pinball mafia. My big score of the show besides the great tshirts was two sets of maple pf sticks for upcoming swaps. thanks pinbee you make the hobby special! And a 10 cent part that i could have used a month a go for my ek em project. dono hope your MH em wins best of show. (just fix that plunger spring )
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice meeting you Ken, hope you made it back to TX safely. Will do on the spring!

#1017 4 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

Ken, Nice meeting you &amp; playing some of the EM's together; especially Don's Mata Hari!
    Don =- that game should win for best EM, great job!

It did! I do have a few things to work out, nothing major... I think it held out well at the show, except for the breakdown right before the EM tournament (took an hour to get it up and running again), ughhhh!!!

#1034 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Getting and keeping more exhibitor games on the floor is more than a matter of levying a fine. The key is tilting the entire vibe of the show from "swap meet" to "social experience". This requires food trucks, zones to hang out and chat, competitions, cash prizes, awards for different "best of" categories, streaming video interviews of the owners/restorers, and so forth.
    People bring games (particularly their best games) to be part of something worthy. That "worthiness" is the sum total of all experiences presented. Thus, if buying and selling is the only "main thing", then the show will always feel like testing games on an auction floor and not much else. Sold! Gone. Sold! Gone. Gee it isn't even Saturday yet... where'd my game go?
    I like Allentown and York, but it's mostly "all business" versus shows like NWPAS, ReplayFX, Houston Arcade Expo, TPF, and GOG. Not coincidentally, these shows are anchored to hotel convention centers rather than warehouse buildings.... which really sets the scene. Hotels are for people, warehouses for things.
    Still, I think York and Allentown could make some positive changes without necessarily having to relocate. Will just require some extra creativity.
    Anyway, blah blah. See ya at TPF and Allentown as usual... might do York next year.

I concur, there has to be an effective set of incentives to bringing games. Sure, a 'thank you' and 'nice game' comment, trophy, free entry are great, but at the end of the day, there has to be a more concerted effort to enhance the number and quality of games coming to shows, and a cash award for different 'BEST OF' winners would be a good place to start. At York for example, there were 5 random $100 awards for those bringing games. I think that's great, but those who bring top end games to shows and win "Best of" awards weren't offered cash awards... I think that's an oversight that needs to be corrected for next year.

#1061 4 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Just few comments
    One thing about the crazy priced games. It is frequently done to stop people from asking how much for the game. Putting not for sale on the games seems to encourage people to make offers and try to talk you out of the game. (I lost count on how many people tried to buy Fathom from me this weekend) Oddly enough when you put a stupid price on a game, people leave you alone.
    Classic arcades was registered but didn't show up. I have no idea why.
    The outdoor flea market is still offered. Take a look at the registration form if you have any doubts. But when given the choice between indoor and outdoor, the vendors pick indoor. With how often it rains on the weekend of the show, it is no surprise. The flea markets have changed, the stashes of project games sitting in operators warehouses are all but gone. Ebay and the high value of the games has done that and there is no going back to the flea markets of yesterday.
    As to stopping people from removing games early, you try to deter them with fees, but when people just spent a few thousand on a game, what amount is going to make a difference?

Loved your Fathom, it played perfectly just like I remember from my college days back in Richmond VA... thanks so much for bringing it to the show!!!

#1081 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Completely restored -&gt; flippers not aligned
    Saw the same thing on that nice Wizard

That issue was fixed immediately at the show.

#1082 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Not trying to knock the game or its cosmetic condition (the game looks beautiful and I always appreciate seeing rare games), but there is nothing about needing to play test a game to find that. If you rebuilt the flippers, you put them in, and you align them when you do that. Of all the things to leave to last minute, flippers should be top priority. This is probably the fifth 'restored' game I've seen at a show this year alone where the flippers weren't even on right. I didn't get a chance to play this one but in previous cases the mechs had clearly never been rebuilt. If it came loose then that's just bad luck, but I've seen this way too often

You are making an incorrect assumption that the flippers came to the show this way... wrong!!! Those flips were aligned perfectly prior to the 800th or so game that was played prior to this set of photos being taken... when I saw that the flipper pawl was loose, the flip was aligned and pawl tightened immediately. if you saw the inside of this game you would know immediately that the flipper mechs, (along with every other mech) were indeed rebuilt to spec, every last one of them.

#1094 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Also was that a hardtop on that Mata Hari?

Right-o, most asked question at the show...

Purchased at an A-town show many moons ago from Gene Cunningham of Illinois Pinball.

As told by Gene, it's a donor that was used by CPR to test their silk screen/inking process for the upcoming Mata Hari repro PFs they were gearing up for. It was stripped, sanded down flat, re-screened and clearcoated by CPR and given back to the donor. I didn't have a game to use it on at the time, but knew down the road I'd end up doing a MH game... as luck would have it I was able to use it on the EM version. The only difference in the EM and SS versions were the screw holes needed for the female jones plug up front, and a slightly different wiring layout required additional screw holes as well. All mechs, plastic posts, metal guide holes both topside and underside were exact to the original EM PF, so the swap was relatively smooth and trouble free.

#1095 4 years ago

Just to be clear, not a hard top!

#1106 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stoomer:

Watch My Line was a huge hit...surprised no-one has said anything about it because it was tough to get a game on it...sure, the game time's are short, and it kinda invites ...

I think it was mentioned somewhere, I loved it, and it kicked my ass more than a handful of times... great seeing you and thanks for bringing your pins to the show. That game is beautiful BTW, I had never seen it prior to this show, awesomeness.

#1109 4 years ago
    Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Anyone know if that Fast Draw sold? That was my very first pin and I’d love to put it back in my collection one day. Price was fair at $650

Yes, I believe it did.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroom-york-show-2019-buy-sell-trade-no-hotel-amp-food?tu=Dono and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.