Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,114 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Skidave
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32BC883C-2769-4EE2-AEB2-AB7C6685F128 (resized).jpeg
    B50F030E-9089-44B4-8A83-EBFFAFB49761 (resized).jpeg
    20191015_212245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4794 (resized).JPG
    dd (resized).jpg
    20191012_115312 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115301 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115304 (resized).jpg
    051c3c1b588def3cbca9dfd2d98b3827eb3d79e9 (resized).jpg
    20191013_161650 (resized).jpg
    20191013_182346 (resized).jpg
    pinshakers (resized).jpg
    20191013_005026 (resized).jpg
    7D50AEBD-B1F9-4B0D-8B1C-BEE26D87CA23 (resized).jpeg
    6B31A14B-E8BB-4EE8-8755-E021419B1F97 (resized).jpeg
    997BC9D8-EB37-4E49-8D33-81B37B60650C (resized).jpeg

There are 1,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.
    #201 4 years ago

Looking for a GI OCD Board (WPC89/WPC-S) if anyone has one they want to part with.

#202 4 years ago

Still looking for Creature mods.Large molded topper,Mike D Mod or nice original Hologram.Chrome siderails and Chrome lockdown bar.

#203 4 years ago

Will Lighted Pinball Mods be there? I was hoping they would bring PDI glass.

#204 4 years ago

Fully working Austin Powers with some cab fade / wear up for trade. Open for anything, let me know what you've got.

#205 4 years ago

anyone going to york that will pass ny Kingston ny?? need to get a pin a ride to the show

#206 4 years ago

looking for a target alpha, looking for a project but will consider a working game. pf and backglass condition doesn't matter, can be bad. as long as the guts are all there and in good shape. looking for a game with good bones.

#207 4 years ago

Any good food?

#208 4 years ago

Not that this is the thread for it, but it ain't like Allentown... there's not much in the immediate area and no farmers market. It's not a super long drive to get somewhere good, just not immediately next door

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not that this is the thread for it, but it ain't like Allentown... there's not much in the immediate area and no farmers market. It's not a super long drive to get somewhere good, just not immediately next door

You have to drive a couple of miles out to Route 30 but there are many choices there, Buffalo Wild Wings, a couple of rib and steak places, Starlight diner and the usual cast of chain restaurants. There is also a farmers market in the downtown York Area but I wouldn't advise going there as the parking situation is bad. There are some good pizza places nearby. The fairgrounds food vendor is fine. But there is a limit to how much deep fried food you can eat if you are there the entire show.

#210 4 years ago

As a native Yorker, I’m happy to make suggestions. We have loads of really great restaurants within a 10 minute drive from the fairgrounds. Just tell me what you like and I’ll have a top notch recommendation! Also, the many parking garages in the city are free after 5pm and on weekends. So it’s really not too difficult to park downtown.

#211 4 years ago

Bringing my CBW if it doesn’t sell by showtime. Can also deliver to the show. If CBW sells, I will be bringing a Popeye and/or Close Encounters for free play and for sale!

Machine - For Sale
    Cue Ball Wizard Archived
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “For your consideration, one of the nicest CBWs I have ever played. This game was briefly routed in an arcade, but was HUO for almost 2 decades prior to this life. I have shopped an...”
    2019-09-01
    York, PA
    1,600 (OBO)
    Archived after: 126 days
    Viewed: 300 times

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

You have to drive a couple of miles out to Route 30 but there are many choices there, Buffalo Wild Wings, a couple of rib and steak places, Starlight diner and the usual cast of chain restaurants. There is also a farmers market in the downtown York Area but I wouldn't advise going there as the parking situation is bad. There are some good pizza places nearby. The fairgrounds food vendor is fine. But there is a limit to how much deep fried food you can eat if you are there the entire show.

Agreed ! York is a great town - there’s just nothing directly nearby the show location. The fairgrounds vendor is a non-starter for me, so we usually take a break and take a short drive, but that lets us explore the area a bit.

#213 4 years ago

My neighbor may be looking for a Freddy pin or Tales from the crypt

#214 4 years ago

Looking to purchase an huo tspp

#215 4 years ago

Lattuca’s Deli is 3 blocks from the back gate. 1601 W. Market St.

#216 4 years ago

Looking for Sopranos
    Anyone willing to sell and attending the show?

#217 4 years ago

Looking for a Big Dick.
    If anyone has a Big Dick let me know.

#218 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Looking for a Big Dick.
    If anyone has a Big Dick let me know.

Everyone on the internet has one supposedly.

#219 4 years ago

Project games I'm looking to buy: Bally Flash Gordon, EBD (1981), Medusa and Fireball II.

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Project games I'm looking to buy: Bally Flash Gordon, EBD (1981), Medusa and Fireball II.

Can't help with any of those but if all goes as planned I should have 4 or 5 project machines along including: Flash, Genie, F-14, High Speed and maybe one additional I am forgetting. I'll also likely have a pretty nice Fish Tales & Strange Science along and several arcade machines that are pretty nice cosmetically and most of them are working but as found. Basically my trailer & van packed full as always.

Please don't email about buying this stuff before the show, asking me to hold machines for you, asking prices, etc. I take machines to the shows to sell at the shows that is what keeps people coming to shows. If everything is sold or promised before the show that isn't fair to people paying to attend the show. For some reason people just don't seem to understand if everything is pre-sold or "only brought to the show if sold" there is no show - just a place to pick up and drop off machines. In the end that isn't good for the hobby or the show.

#221 4 years ago

I totally respect this decision Too-Many-Pins. York will be first show ever. I bought my first pinball a couple months ago and I’m itching to buy one or two more. But I really want to be able to play some machines to gauge what I want to purchase. The idea of committing to a purchase before seeing or play a pinball is daunting to a newcomer and its a bummer that I might get to play a pinball I really want to purchase only to see that it was pre-sold. Defeats the purpose of going to the show.

But I’m a newb so what do I know. I will definitely be looking for your pinballs Too-Many-Pins as you have some interesting titles! Hoping I don’t leave the show empty handed.

#222 4 years ago
    Quoted from freakmech:

The idea of committing to a purchase before seeing or play a pinball is daunting to a newcomer and its a bummer that I might get to play a pinball I really want to purchase only to see that it was pre-sold.

I would strongly recommend trying to make the focus of your experience playing the games. And, if you find one you like, making an offer on it. I find that every year I go to York or Allentown to buy a game, my experience is dominated by anxiety over whether I’ll find that perfect game for me. And, like you said, whether it will be pre-sold, not for sale, or even sold before I can decide if I want to make an offer. Buying and selling requires a lot of time and attention, and can really pull you away from the core experience. With this being your first show, you might want to consider going in with the mindset that you’re there to play games and have fun and if the planets align and you land a deal on a game you like, even better!

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from freakmech:

I totally respect this decision Too-Many-Pins. York will be first show ever. I bought my first pinball a couple months ago and I’m itching to buy one or two more. But I really want to be able to play some machines to gauge what I want to purchase. The idea of committing to a purchase before seeing or play a pinball is daunting to a newcomer and its a bummer that I might get to play a pinball I really want to purchase only to see that it was pre-sold. Defeats the purpose of going to the show.
    But I’m a newb so what do I know. I will definitely be looking for your pinballs Too-Many-Pins as you have some interesting titles! Hoping I don’t leave the show empty handed.

most of the good stuff or dealing is done on setup night so setting up in advance helps tip the scales. i would be all in for no pre deals IF they would prohibit any sales or dealing on setup night...... but you know that will never happen. that is why most bring a game so they can get first crack at dealing thurs night. not that i have a dog in the fight. i go to play and chew the fat.

#224 4 years ago

Looking for a Skill Roll. Straight purchase or could possibly throw in an Ice Cold Beer as trade.

#225 4 years ago

Looking for a TMNT pin and Playchoice 10, prefer dual screen but single ok

#226 4 years ago

I have the following games for sale which i can bring to york if there is interest. They are also for sale now in phoenixville if anyone wants to stop by between now and the show. Feel free to make cash or trade offers if you don't like my price. Worst I can say is no!
    Pinball pool.super condition 1500
    Stern harley Davidson freshly shopped mint LEDs 3500
    Bally spectrum leds 3000
    Cue ball wizard nice 2500
    Roller games leds nice 1850
    Meteor nice players condition bg touched up new targets. Bumper caps 1800
    Flying carpet unshopped decent cab and pf. Flaking bg 350
    Sega golden cue super working condition! Freshly shopped. New drop targets. One of only 8 known in the world!! 4000
    Bally star trek nice overall 1800 new mpu.
    Bally target zero black light arcade 800
    Bally all star deluxe bowler arcade 2500 new backglass.
    Spring break not working currently. Complete and good cosmetics. 600
    Jennings challenger console slot working good. 10 cent/ 5 cent. Double jackpot. 1600
    Royal rumble playfield mostly all there no wear 350
    Gottlieb sinbad em! Really nice and working! 1500.
    Sigma double jokers poker slot. Works great-quarter in, quarter out. 450
    Feel free to ask questions!

#227 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Can't help with any of those but if all goes as planned I should have 4 or 5 project machines along including: Flash, Genie, F-14, High Speed and maybe one additional I am forgetting. I'll also likely have a pretty nice Fish Tales & Strange Science along and several arcade machines that are pretty nice cosmetically and most of them are working but as found. Basically my trailer & van packed full as always.
    Please don't email about buying this stuff before the show, asking me to hold machines for you, asking prices, etc. I take machines to the shows to sell at the shows that is what keeps people coming to shows. If everything is sold or promised before the show that isn't fair to people paying to attend the show. For some reason people just don't seem to understand if everything is pre-sold or "only brought to the show if sold" there is no show - just a place to pick up and drop off machines. In the end that isn't good for the hobby or the show.

Isn't this just a six of one/half dozen situation? I've actually been looking for an F14, specifically a project for a while now. I'm several hours from the show, but I'm not going to gamble and just hope it's still there when I arrive without a deal in place.

This is an honest question so hopefully it doesn't read sarcastic - if you don't want emails, aren't willing to hold the games, or even say what prices you have in mind, why even bother posting them? It seems like you're just creating a Black Friday sale where they have 10 of "the amazing deal TVs" and want to draw as many people in and have them clamoring over each other for the great limited deal. Why not just keep quiet and show up with a load of games instead of talking about how you don't want to talk about them?

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Isn't this just a six of one/half dozen situation? I've actually been looking for an F14, specifically a project for a while now. I'm several hours from the show, but I'm not going to gamble and just hope it's still there when I arrive without a deal in place.
    This is an honest question so hopefully it doesn't read sarcastic - if you don't want emails, aren't willing to hold the games, or even say what prices you have in mind, why even bother posting them? It seems like you're just creating a Black Friday sale where they have 10 of "the amazing deal TVs" and want to draw as many people in and have them clamoring over each other for the great limited deal. Why not just keep quiet and show up with a load of games instead of talking about how you don't want to talk about them?

For years I have tried to figure out how best to sell machines and it seems regardless of what you do someone doesn't like it. Last year for Allentown I set back 5 or 6 machines for specific people and most of those people either didn't show up for the game or tried to beat me down on price when I passed up on better offers because games were suppose to be sold.

Then I had one guy get really pissed because I didn't hold a machine for him - he was suppose to meet me right at noon when the show opened and showed up at my space after 2 PM. About 5 minutes earlier I had a guy come offer me a trade for a machine is was in the market for so I made that trade. The guy was mad at me because he had to stand in line to get into the show? He had my cell number.

Other times I have held machines I could have sold at the show just to have guys not show up for them and ended up bringing those machines home.

When I try to sell machines here at the house people want dozens of pictures just to get back to me weeks later saying they couldn't come up with the money or make other excuses. Two weeks ago I took over 200 pictures of 6 different machines and sent them to "interested people" - all of those machines are still sitting in my garage - one excuse or another. I can't just walk up to machines and take pictures - every machine has to be moved from storage set up on legs - pictures taken etc. I wasted a full day to sell nothing!

A couple of my friends in the hobby are so sick of the bull shit they just started wholesaling machines to Lloyd at Coinopwarehouse and I am getting close to doing the same thing. I have tried my best to work with people but regardless of what I do somehow I always seem to be the one that works their ass off to accomplish nothing. That is just starting to get old.

If someone wants to come buy a machine from me before the show I will sell it. But I am not moving a half dozen machines, taking a bunch of pictures, and answering 20 emails just to have them say their wife will not let them buy another machine right now.

I see your point about putting a list of stuff I'll likely be bringing to the show but on the flip side if everyone who plans on going to the show thinks everything is going to be sold before they get their what is the point of going to that show? I am just to old and worn out for all the BS it takes to sell machines these days. If people can't look at my feedbacks are realize I'll do my best to be fair with them then I really don't need the extra work. I have been trying to scale things back so I can travel more and instead I am working harder than ever to accomplish nothing? Lloyd sounds better ever time I reply to one of these post or emails!

#229 4 years ago

For years I have tried to figure out how best to sell machines and it seems regardless of what you do someone doesn't like it. Last year for Allentown I set back 5 or 6 machines for specific people and most of those people either didn't show up for the game or tried to beat me down on price when I passed up on better offers because games were suppose to be sold.
    Then I had one guy get really pissed because I didn't hold a machine for him - he was suppose to meet me right at noon when the show opened and showed up at my space after 2 PM. About 5 minutes earlier I had a guy come offer me a trade for a machine is was in the market for so I made that trade. The guy was mad at me because he had to stand in line to get into the show? He had my cell number.
    Other times I have held machines I could have sold at the show just to have guys not show up for them and ended up bringing those machines home.
    When I try to sell machines here at the house people want dozens of pictures just to get back to me weeks later saying they couldn't come up with the money or make other excuses. Two weeks ago I took over 200 pictures of 6 different machines and sent them to "interested people" - all of those machines are still sitting in my garage - one excuse or another. I can't just walk up to machines and take pictures - every machine has to be moved from storage set up on legs - pictures taken etc. I wasted a full day to sell nothing!
    A couple of my friends in the hobby are so sick of the bull shit they just started wholesaling machines to Lloyd at Coinopwarehouse and I am getting close to doing the same thing. I have tried my best to work with people but regardless of what I do somehow I always seem to be the one that works their ass off to accomplish nothing. That is just starting to get old.
    If someone wants to come buy a machine from me before the show I will sell it. But I am not moving a half dozen machines, taking a bunch of pictures, and answering 20 emails just to have them say their wife will not let them buy another machine right now.
    I see your point about putting a list of stuff I'll likely be bringing to the show but on the flip side if everyone who plans on going to the show thinks everything is going to be sold before they get their what is the point of going to that show? I am just to old and worn out for all the BS it takes to sell machines these days. If people can't look at my feedbacks are realize I'll do my best to be fair with them then I really don't need the extra work. I have been trying to scale things back so I can travel more and instead I am working harder than ever to accomplish nothing? Lloyd sounds better ever time I reply to one of these post or emails!

I get where you're coming from, buying and selling both can be a pain in the ass. This approach makes it seem like more of a pain in the ass for both parties. You have to haul games there not knowing if you'll have to haul them home, and a buyer has to be willing to gamble that the game will be there when they are, the price will be good since it isn't disclosed, and then see how much of a project it really is and what condition is it in? Do I just need to replace some board components or am I going to be putting 1K worth of parts and 80 hours of work into a $1500 game. I take a pretty laid back approach to the hobby since I don't want my fun to cause me stress, so I don't really care what anyone does with their own games at the end of the day, just seems like you're asking for trouble by posting a list of games with no details and then saying you don't want to be contacted. We're not going to reach a deal anyway so I'm not trying to start some huge argument, just offering the other side of the coin for your perspective. I believe that it's a lot of work for you to get the games, get them to a show, etc., but it's also a lot of work for a buyer (at least someone a few hours away like me) to arrange time off work, gas, food, driving, etc. to go to a show for a game that could be long gone before I'm even half way there.

#230 4 years ago

Why not just require a non-refundable deposit of 100-200 from any buyers who say they want a particular game. Then have a definite day and time where they will meet with you to pick up the game, preferably early in the show. If they don't take it or don't show up at the agreed upon time, you sell the game to someone else. If you end up taking a lower price, you keep the deposit. If you do get your full asking price, you can refund the deposit if you are so inclined. People who balk at leaving a deposit are tire kickers and will ultimately not buy the game anyway, or try to beat you down to half your asking price once they get there. That's assuming you have described the game with honesty and have sent a few pics to show the basics of the game.
    As far as all the games being sold before the show, there's always plenty of games for sale when the show opens. But the early bird gets the worm. If someone sleeps in and shows up an hour before closing and the best deals are gone - tough! I learned as a little kid the world goes on with or without me. If I'm not there early, I'm probably going to miss something.

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Why not just require a non-refundable deposit of 100-200 from any buyers who say they want a particular game. Then have a definite day and time where they will meet with you to pick up the game, preferably early in the show. If they don't take it or don't show up at the agreed upon time, you sell the game to someone else. If you end up taking a lower price, you keep the deposit. If you do get your full asking price, you can refund the deposit if you are so inclined. People who balk at leaving a deposit are tire kickers and will ultimately not buy the game anyway, or try to beat you down to half your asking price once they get there. That's assuming you have described the game with honesty and have sent a few pics to show the basics of the game.
    As far as all the games being sold before the show, there's always plenty of games for sale when the show opens. But the early bird gets the worm. If someone sleeps in and shows up an hour before closing and the best deals are gone - tough! I learned as a little kid the world goes on with or without me. If I'm not there early, I'm probably going to miss something.

Problem with that is taking the time to set up games, taking pics, and then the buyer claiming later that the pics aren't representative of the game and trying to knock the price down. Best scenario is walk up, see the game, buy the game. Until you've sold a bunch of games and dealt with all the tire kickers, it's hard to understand.

#232 4 years ago

Typically I don't let any of this get to me but over the past few weeks life has been a real mess for me. I have been 1/2 sick for about 11 weeks and just can't seem to get back to 100%. While I was rather seriously I'll for about 3 to 4 weeks I got nothing done. That put me way behind with my "special request customers" wanting parts from me little parts business. Being sick has also put me behind financially and we are suppose to be heading on vacation for a few weeks right after the York Show.

So all I really want is to be able to take care of my parts customers and also to sell a couple machines to help fund our trip. So far neither is happening - I waste time talking to people about machines, taking pictures of machines for people, posting here, etc with no results. That takes me away from getting parts dug out for my special request people and then I feel bad about that.

I just wish one thing would work out for me and my life would get just a little easier. I just don't need the stress I am under right now. The good thing is York will likely be my last show since most of what we are trying to get sold off will be headed to York. Anything not sold at York will likely just be sold to Lloyd and then I should be done selling down our project stash as well as excess machines from our collection.

In any event Rich (the promoter of the York Show) is a friend of mine and I want to support the show. Otherwise Lloyd would already have these machines. Sometimes the energy it takes to do shows and deal with people at the house just doesn't seem worth it. I am retired and want to start enjoying old age a little more while I still can. It isn't all that hard to understand but for some reason regardless of what I try to do it just isn't working right now.

Sorry for another long post but I just need to vent a little and I am taking a break so here I am.

#233 4 years ago

I will not be able to make the show this year. However, I may be able to make arrangements to have machines delivered if prepaid or you can stop by the house on your way there. (I am about 1:45 away, near Allentown).
    I currently have the following:
    NASCAR project
    Monopoly
    Sopranos
    Alien Star project
    No Fear
    High Speed
    Wms Lucky Ace
    Sing along ( rough)
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Tales from the Crypt
    Simpson’s pinball party
    Phantom of the opera

New CPR whirlwind playfield

#234 4 years ago

I have not talked to Rich in a while but it seems like this years show is going to be a little light on vendors just from the people who have posted they can't make the show and people I have talked to that can't make it this year. Hopefully some other people will step up and fill in some of the empty vendor spaces or the show might end up moving back into the smaller hall. That would be sad to see with all the interest in pinball these days!

People keep wanting more and more out of shows but too few people are actually stepping up and trying to make shows better. Without vendors there is no show! Freeplay is great but it takes more than a freeplay area for a show to be a success.

Please do what you can to support the York Show as well as all the other area shows. The promoters need some help to make these shows a success. Fall is always a tough time of the year but if we want York to continue to grow we all need to do what we can to help the show.

#235 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

This is an honest question so hopefully it doesn't read sarcastic - if you don't want emails, aren't willing to hold the games, or even say what prices you have in mind, why even bother posting them?

It’s the same thing year after year. You can count on it like the cycles of the moon...

#237 4 years ago

Magic Circle cabinet is spoken for! Still wondering if anyone is bring standard playfield glass like Allentown.

#238 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s the same thing year after year. You can count on it like the cycles of the moon...

The logic for posting machines is basically the same logic as posting machines that will be in freeplay. That information helps the show. Preselling doesn't help a show - that hurts the show. If people know there are going to be machines they are interested in for sale at the show they might just decided to attend. If people think it is just a place where all the deals are already gone then why go to the show if you are looking to buy a machine.

That is also why I price machines the highest on set up day then trim my prices on Friday. If everything is sold on set up day there is no show for the paying customers. I do what is best for the show - not what is best for a couple people or best for me. For ever negative comment that is posted on Pinside about the way I do things I get 2 or 3 emails thanking me. So cry all you want - to me it is all about supporting these shows so they will be around in the future.

One of the big issues at these shows is people selling cheap on Thursdays with those machines being moved to another vendors space at higher prices on Friday. Again something that doesn't help a show. What is the point of selling cheap on Thursday? Why not keep those deals for people who pay to attend the show on Friday. Do sellers really need to sell those machines that badly?

Another thing - if I am so stupid how is it that I typically sell every machine I take to these shows? How many people setting up at shows typically come home with less than 10% of what they bring to the shows? I price machines fairly & do what I need to do to get as many machines as possible to new owners at every show. Last year at York I sold or traded every machine I took and about 75% of the parts I took. This Spring at Allentown I sold 3 trailer loads of machines and only brought home 3 parts machines I bought at the show. If my way is so screwed up why are my results so good show after show? And why do I get the feedbacks I get from my customers?

Typically it is the same handful of negative people here on Pinside creating all the drama. If they spent their energy trying to help the hobby instead of being negative the hobby could be even better. Very few people put the good of everyone ahead of what is best for them. If everyone works together this hobby & these shows will continue to grow. But if we kill the golden goose that helps no one.

#239 4 years ago

The logic for posting machines is basically the same logic as posting machines that will be in freeplay. That information helps the show. Preselling doesn't help a show - that hurts the show..

Don't agree on the last part; I'm working a trade right now on a machine and if it wasn't for that pin I'd have no reason to go to the show. I have already been to 3 shows this year and don't feel the need to randomly go to a forth. I have plenty of pins at home to play and projects to keep me busy.

So I'll be attending which WILL be a benefit to the show as they will be selling two tickets and I'll be perusing the vendors and machines for sale to see if there is anything else I can drag back

#240 4 years ago

I don't necessarily think pre-selling is a bad thing. Last year I brought 7-8 games that were over $5,000. I only sold one. I'm not bringing those games again this year just to take them home, if they are not pre-sold they're not going.

If you follow me at all here I sell games for fair market value and usually they're in exceptional shape. Realistically I shouldn't even get a booth this year but I'm trying to support the show and ajust by bringing cheaper games.

There's a delicate balance at shows of people who are selling stuff need to sell stuff and people who are paying admission to come into the show want games to play. If both sides aren't happy then the results are not good. I'm also hoping that we get to stay in the larger venue but it doesn't look good like you said Skip

Like I said to Joe in an earlier post most people don't realize what it takes to be a vendor and the expense. It's minimum two nights in a hotel, trailer/truck rental, plus the expense of the booth. Currently $150 a booth if you want electricity.

#241 4 years ago

Like I said to Joe in an earlier post most people don't realize what it takes to be a vendor and the expense. It's minimum two nights in a hotel, trailer/truck rental, plus the expense of the booth. Currently $150 a booth if you want electricity.

I just want to point out that the $150 is one of the lowest prices for a booth at a pinball show and for space at any event at the York Fairgrounds. I know that being a vendor is expensive and do everything I can to keep the prices as low as possible. Despite the general perception, running a show is not a wildly profitable venture.

#242 4 years ago

Back on topic. I will be bringing a Laser Cue for sale or trade.

Asking $1300

Here are the details:

-Nearly perfect NOS back glass from Mayfair
    -Custom full size pool ball shooter rod (original shooter also included)
    -Brand new legs, leg bolts & levelers
    -Brand new Rottendog Display driver board and all LED displays
    -Comet brand blue & warm white LED's throughout entire machine
    -All boards have been professionally gone through, tested and repaired as needed.
    -Power supply re-capped
    -40 pin connector male and female side brand new
    -NVRAM installed
    -new rubber kit installed

Bad:
    -Shooter lane has wear
    -Lower playfield has a little wear and a spot of planking
    -1 of the 4 lights on the P-O-O-L roll over is sketchy and may need replaced
    -Cabinet is a little rough
    -Target 5 drop needs to be fixed (Coil burnt up, which has been replaced, but I think the issue is the transistor also blew. I have transistors on order and hop to repair the machine this weekend)

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Don't agree on the last part; I'm working a trade right now on a machine and if it wasn't for that pin I'd have no reason to go to the show. I have already been to 3 shows this year and don't feel the need to randomly go to a forth. I have plenty of pins at home to play and projects to keep me busy.
    So I'll be attending which WILL be a benefit to the show as they will be selling two tickets and I'll be perusing the vendors and machines for sale to see if there is anything else I can drag back

And what game would that be

See you next month

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from psd4me:

And what game would that be
    See you next month

Have to see what other deals I can make, bring two home maybe!

See you next month!

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

I just want to point out that the $150 is one of the lowest prices for a booth at a pinball show and for space at any event at the York Fairgrounds. I know that being a vendor is expensive and do everything I can to keep the prices as low as possible. Despite the general perception, running a show is not a wildly profitable venture.

I am a vendor that is not returning this year. The cost of the booth is absolutely reasonable. The cost of the other variables ( hotel, food, trailers, Etc) makes it break even. Being away from family for three days is the deal breaker when it is a break even scenario.
    As far as the promoter, Rich is a true gentleman. Asset to the hobby. His family is a reflection of him( or vice versa),Kind and polite!

Here’s an example of his generosity:
    Last year I brought a few games.
    I had two games of the same title. Priced right, but amazingly, no sale. At the end of the show, Rich walked over and bought both. He did this because another attendee was a little shy about making the deal. He offered this gent choice of games. ( yes, Rich, it was not lost on me on how you supported me and an attendee).

#246 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Don't agree on the last part; I'm working a trade right now on a machine and if it wasn't for that pin I'd have no reason to go to the show

If it takes you a trade to get you to the show then sounds like the show just isn't for you. Most of us are happy to go to a pinball show just because it's a pinball show. And the thrill of sifting the flea markets just adds to the show experience.

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

If it takes you a trade to get you to the show then sounds like the show just isn't for you. Most of us are happy to go to a pinball show just because it's a pinball show. And the thrill of sifting the flea markets just adds to the show experience.

1) I have not been to the show before so can't say, I have however been to three others this year so don't exactly feel like I'm missing out on anything if I don't make it.. and my time is limited around this time of year.

2) York is a bit of a hike for us, the gent with whom I trading with is driving even further. Again, York isn't ideal but if he is making the effort so will I.

#248 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I'm taking the trade as an excuse to go to York. It's a show I probably wouldn't make the 11 1/2 hr drive for otherwise. I'm also contributing to the show by bringing a Bell Ringer for free play. Mike

#249 4 years ago

I will be there as a vendor to support the show and will have a fully loaded trailer of parts and project machines. I will have a list at the end of this week. I will agree the sales are not like Allentown for the higher price titles so I bring the more modest priced machines to York. Rich and his wife do a great job running the show and I thank them for that! Looking forward to the show. Pete AKA ibuypinballs

#250 4 years ago

I have a nice lightly routed ghostbusters. Small split in cab corner. Was very lightly routed. Shopped . Glo Bands. Led mods include under cab and flipper buttons. Prefer trade toward JP or 4450

There are 1,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroom-york-show-2019-buy-sell-trade-no-hotel-amp-food/page/5?hl=jsf24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.