Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,114 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Skidave
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32BC883C-2769-4EE2-AEB2-AB7C6685F128 (resized).jpeg
    B50F030E-9089-44B4-8A83-EBFFAFB49761 (resized).jpeg
    20191015_212245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4794 (resized).JPG
    dd (resized).jpg
    20191012_115312 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115301 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115304 (resized).jpg
    051c3c1b588def3cbca9dfd2d98b3827eb3d79e9 (resized).jpg
    20191013_161650 (resized).jpg
    20191013_182346 (resized).jpg
    pinshakers (resized).jpg
    20191013_005026 (resized).jpg
    7D50AEBD-B1F9-4B0D-8B1C-BEE26D87CA23 (resized).jpeg
    6B31A14B-E8BB-4EE8-8755-E021419B1F97 (resized).jpeg
    997BC9D8-EB37-4E49-8D33-81B37B60650C (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 23.
    #951 4 years ago

Some of our TPF crew makes it up there every year. Did you say hello to Ken Head? He often buys projects and EM stuff.

Y’all should come down next March if you can to see what’s going on in Texas. As the biggest BYOG (bring your own game) event you constantly see new projects, restorations, and rarities which change every year. From EM’s to the latest boutique and big manufacturer stuff. People are *seriously* upping their game in terms of putting out good work you can play, and the games often remain on the floor for the entire Friday-Sunday length.

I don’t run a pinball show (yet? Ha!) but I have learned a lot from attending so many and seeing what works and what doesn’t. Main thing is to present awards and recognition for exhibitors, disallow removal of games until the officially scheduled breakdown time (or raise the fee), and create a “vibe” which encapsulates the social pinball experience (food trucks, drinks, places to chill out and talk, etc).

There’s nothing wrong with a flea market type of experience if that’s what you’re after... but the best shows tend to be more about people and experience than transactions and deals.

Not a criticism of York. I enjoyed my last trip and will do it again someday. Just sharing what I’ve seen elsewhere and recommending TPF to anyone who hasn’t experienced it yet.

#952 4 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

I fully expect the majority of you to chest thump and disagree..

I actually agree with a lot of what you said. I do enjoy the EM representation though.

#953 4 years ago

Scored a nice Big Top for my son. It was between this and Stargazer. My son won and my bank account will live to fight another day.

IMG_20191011_211839 (resized).jpgIMG_20191011_211839 (resized).jpg
    #954 4 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

Thats a great game, played it yesterday and had a blast. Definitely have to add one of these to my collection sometime. Loved the fan and on a hot day it felt good.
    If the person that brought the baywatch is on here, thanks for bringing it. It is a beautiful game and played awesome and they even added a color DMD at the show. Makes me really regret selling mine for $1,400 before the prices doubled on this machine . I need to find another. Thanks again for bringing your baby to the show. It really was in awesome shape.

He’s on here. freakmech

First show. First game. Jumped right in to help the hobby out.

#955 4 years ago

PRICE DROP $1000

Also 100% working now. IC2 chip had to be replaced to fix the drop target.

For sale or trade.
    Here are the details:
    -Nearly perfect NOS back glass from Mayfair
    -Custom full size pool ball shooter rod (original shooter also included)
    -Brand new legs, leg bolts & levelers
    -Brand new Rottendog Display driver board and all LED displays
    -Comet brand blue & warm white LED's throughout entire machine
    -All boards have been gone through, tested and repaired as needed.
    -Power supply re-capped
    -40 pin connector male and female side brand new
    -NVRAM installed
    -new rubber kit installed
    Bad:
    -Shooter lane has wear
    -Lower playfield has a little wear and a spot of planking
    -Cabinet is a little rough
    -*****FIXED******. Target 5 drop needs to be fixed(replaced IC2 chip and target is now working)

#956 4 years ago

Was that Stern Stargazer there in the back the one that someone built from scratch?!?! It looked beautiful, and for such a rare title, it was weird to see it just kind of "sitting in the corner" out of the way and not paid too much attention to.

Was also shocked to see no less than 2 Stargazer BS's for sale?!?! Wow.

Thanks everyone for bringing out your machines to be mercilessly played 24/7.................finally got to play Centaur and Fathom. New Jurassic Park was great, huge disappointment with Munsters as I love the theme, new Black Knight was nicely done with artwork, graphics, etc., not sure about the fanned layout with mostly ramp shots however.

-Nate

#957 4 years ago

If you ask nice tilt graphics will install sidegrapphix for you on the show room floor.

20191012_103533 (resized).jpg20191012_103533 (resized).jpg
    #958 4 years ago

" A few years ago anyone that put 8k on a stock TZ or ToM would have been the laughing stock of the show.. yes prices are up a bit, but even accounting for that it ridiculous, and for some reason now that’s just accepted.. and that’s not the only games.. those BS inflated prices were mostly across the board. I don’t think it’s a supply and demand issue, I think it’s people fishing and trying to take advantage of newcomers and those that don’t know the true market."

Yeah, it sucks that we can't buy addams family for 1100 or wcs '94 for 550 anymore, but those days are gone. It's called supply and demand. As long as there are willing buyers who can and will pay 6500-8000 for an addams, that's what they are going to bring and any seller that sells his addams for less than that when he knows he can get more is just stupid, unless he is supporting a charity or some other special case.

The other factor I see is that years ago pinball collectors were a hands on bunch and did much of their own repair and restoration. That's why the outside flea markets flourished where you could find an as is good deal. Many collectors I meet today have no interest or understanding of even how to change a flipper coil. So, they must, and are willing to, pay top dollar for a game already done inside and out. That drives prices up. That's just the way it is.

#959 4 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

" A few years ago anyone that put 8k on a stock TZ or ToM would have been the laughing stock of the show.. yes prices are up a bit, but even accounting for that it ridiculous, and for some reason now that’s just accepted.. and that’s not the only games.. those BS inflated prices were mostly across the board. I don’t think it’s a supply and demand issue, I think it’s people fishing and trying to take advantage of newcomers and those that don’t know the true market."
    Yeah, it sucks that we can't buy addams family for 1100 or wcs '94 for 550 anymore, but those days are gone. It's called supply and demand. As long as there are willing buyers who can and will pay 6500-8000 for an addams, that's what they are going to bring and any seller that sells his addams for less than that when he knows he can get more is just stupid, unless he is supporting a charity or some other special case.
    The other factor I see is that years ago pinball collectors were a hands on bunch and did much of their own repair and restoration. That's why the outside flea markets flourished where you could find an as is good deal. Many collectors I meet today have no interest or understanding of even how to change a flipper coil. So, they must, and are willing to, pay top dollar for a game already done inside and out. That drives prices up. That's just the way it is.

You’re taking my comment to the extreme, I don’t foolishly expect that it’s 2004 pricing again. I don’t expect charity, and certainly understand supply and demand.. But given I didn’t see many of those expensive games flying out the door yesterday, I’m inclined to think that’s false. In general it seemed like people didn’t really want to sell, they wanted to take a chance to find a sucker or they are the sucker that was taken advantage of and are trying to pass the buck.. if that’s what our hobby has mostly become, you can keep it.

I hate to believe that the new world of our hobby is collectors who don’t know or don’t care if they are being raked over the coals... cant be bothered to actually learn how to fix anything, and aren’t interested about taking pride in their own restoration.. just “having” the best example.. and showing it off on fucking “pincribs.. “

But more and more it seems like you’re right. I just hope it all blows over and people start getting obsessed over beanie babies again so we can go back to business as usual.

#960 4 years ago

We had a great time at the show!

A big thanks to Skip for bringing a much needed back door for an old Williams game I'm working on. Would love to see all your treasures socked away.

There was a nice mix of games in the free play area, and we got to play about 30 or so of them in the full day we spent there. It was definitely more crowded before lunch time, and you may have had to wait your turn to play a lot of the machines, but it wasn't long. In the afternoon we got to play about 3 games each on Funhouse because nobody was waiting behind us to play. While I've played most of the games before I was happy to see a lot of EM's I haven't played yet.

Other than Jurrasic Park we've played all of the newer games before either at shows or locations so I didn't mind having to wait 2 or 3 people before me to play it.

There were quite a few deals still to be had there is you were looking for projects. A High speed for $350, and EBD for $1400, and lots of EM's in the $200 - $400 range. Also a working Ms. Pacman for $450.

I was able to get new ramps for our Cyclone, a few parts to our Comet and Grand Prix as well as few T-shirts.

Thanks to everyone involved for a great show!

-Paul

#961 4 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

I hate to believe that the new world of our hobby is collectors who don’t know or don’t care if they are being raked over the coals..

You’re describing everyone who buys NIB at today’s inflated prices.

#962 4 years ago

Looking for an MEI Bill Acceptor 110v harness. Any random stands have one for sale?

#963 4 years ago

Anyone know who owned the worn Centaur and High Speed Playfields in the back corner opposite Registration? I meant to to take a closer look at them but forgot before I left the show......

#964 4 years ago

How about that rough Black Rose with a printout of an ebay listing for a $3K one with no bids. Must be a great deal!

#965 4 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

How about that rough Black Rose with a printout of an ebay listing for a $3K one with no bids. Must be a great deal!

Missed the eBay listing part......classic stuff there. Still, I did enjoy playing it.....haven't played that machine for many years....it's still a lot of fun.

#966 4 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Its got a 2200 price tag on it.

#967 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gritty:

Scored a nice Big Top for my son. It was between this and Stargazer. My son won and my bank account will live to fight another day.[quoted image]

You done good.
    I eyed that game earlier Friday and regret pulling the trigger on it then for my granddaughters.
    Thought it was a great price for a good looking game.
    Congrats, enjoy!

#968 4 years ago

So....my inquirying mind would like to know:
    Who brought the F-14 with the clear center beacon in the Free Play area?

My 2 non-pinhead friends I brought, as well as someone at the next game, each commented to me that it was lightning fast. The levelers appeared set at about the usual level - so, are you using a specific kind of wax on that playfield to give it that extra juice, or what? If so, I want to have what YOU'RE having, LOL.

Thanks!

PS: My thanks to you and everyone else who brought a game for everyone to enjoy. A special shout-out to the guys with the vintage 'pin games!'

#969 4 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed York, Rich provided the env. and the folks brought out a very nice assortment of em's, more then we see at tpf. Had a great time catching up with the gang and and meeting more of the east coast pinball mafia. My big score of the show besides the great tshirts was two sets of maple pf sticks for upcoming swaps. thanks Pinbee you make the hobby special! And a 10 cent part that i could have used a month a go for my ek em project. Dono hope your MH em wins best of show. (just fix that plunger spring )
    20191011_194226.jpg20191011_194226.jpg20191012_142937.jpg20191012_142937.jpg

#970 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

I thoroughly enjoyed York

Ken, Nice meeting you & playing some of the EM's together; especially Don's Mata Hari!

Don =- that game should win for best EM, great job!

#971 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

PRICE DROP $1000
    Also 100% working now. IC2 chip had to be replaced to fix the drop target.
    For sale or trade.
    Here are the details:
    -Nearly perfect NOS back glass from Mayfair
    -Custom full size pool ball shooter rod (original shooter also included)
    -Brand new legs, leg bolts & levelers
    -Brand new Rottendog Display driver board and all LED displays
    -Comet brand blue & warm white LED's throughout entire machine
    -All boards have been gone through, tested and repaired as needed.
    -Power supply re-capped
    -40 pin connector male and female side brand new
    -NVRAM installed
    -new rubber kit installed
    Bad:
    -Shooter lane has wear
    -Lower playfield has a little wear and a spot of planking
    -Cabinet is a little rough
    -*****FIXED******. Target 5 drop needs to be fixed(replaced IC2 chip and target is now working)

Sold.

#972 4 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

I 2nd that!

#973 4 years ago

Anyone know who owned the worn Centaur and High Speed Playfields in the back corner opposite Registration? I meant to to take a closer look at them but forgot before I left the show......

I bought a set of displays from them. Ask Skip (toomanypins). He was next to them and I'm sure he knows.

#974 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Last chance shoe deal. $800.

Wow.....nice deal. Laser Cue is a great machine. Wish I had room and was still at the show......I'd take it in a hot second at that price.

#975 4 years ago

#976 4 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

So....my inquirying mind would like to know:
    Who brought the F-14 with the clear center beacon in the Free Play area

Novous. Glad you liked it. It is a fast game new almost everything but box and pf

#977 4 years ago
    Quoted from stavio:

Novous. Glad you liked it. It is a fast game new almost everything but box and pf

You mean Novus, the cleaner? That's not a wax.

#978 4 years ago

I'm a proud new owner of a nice Stern Stars. Its going to fit in nicely between seawitch and nineball. Thank you the96stang

#979 4 years ago

Did anyone buy that mouse nest of a Williams Beat the Clock in the flea market area? I have a beat the clock already with a pretty nice playfield but would be interested in that junky playfield

#980 4 years ago
    Quoted from stavio:

Stavio:
    Many thanks for the info, you brought a great looking and highly challenging game - again the 3 of us Thank You for bringing it out to the show!

#981 4 years ago

Wow that centigrade looked sweet hope you get it working. Sad I missed the show but enjoyed Myrtle beach

I saw a few pics of the multibngo and single ball horse race please someone take some video!!!!!!

#982 4 years ago

Whoever owns that Demo man has a nice game. It played well and shot really smooth.

#983 4 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Part of my haul from today.....can't wait to get her up and running.....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I missed that C37. Was that a pre-buy?

#984 4 years ago

Who owned Baby Pac-Man? My favorite game. I adore it!! It played fantastic and I’ve never seen one with Mylar on it, really kept it looking nice musta been applied by a thoughtful person back in the 80’s. Usually they’re beat! Only complaint is that Extra Baby wasn’t turned on that’s the big gimmick, the exciting rush of winning a free dang baby!

Also I regret that I talked to most of you guys in the flea-market area and I was in such a rush and so stressed from driving since 4am that I forgot to put names to handles here on Pinside. I believe I talked to you, Skip if you were the guy in the center with tons of EM projects. My sister bought those bone finger flipper bat covers from a really nice guy. And the guy who was selling the City Slicker who sold ME the Torpedo Alley display, you’re a life saver! Can’t wait to get back to working on it.

#985 4 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Part of my haul from today.....can't wait to get her up and running.....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Chad, make sure you post some pictures once you got it all cleaned up. I just slid the game into my car and drove. I didn’t pay too much attention. It really looks nice and I’m looking forward to seeing more

#986 4 years ago

Maaaan I really wanted to go but am still stuck in the outer banks. Was interested in miss anabelle, 2001 and deeeeadly weapon. Oh well. Hope everyone had fun!

#987 4 years ago
    Quoted from nocreditdot:

I'm a proud new owner of a nice Stern Stars. Its going to fit in nicely between seawitch and nineball. Thank you the96stang

You will love Stars, a great Stern.

#988 4 years ago

Thanks to Rich and his crew for yet another great York Show! I picked up a "working" spare Mrs Pac pcb for $25 and it actually worked! I also grabbed some some 80's arcade marquees for $5 and a Pinshaker for my DrWho and DemoMan. The best deal of the show that I missed was the Skateball that went for $700 or possibly the Space station project that Skip had in his booth late Friday(I think it sold for 1600?).

Wick

#989 4 years ago

What a nice show. It’s been a few years since I’ve attended but really enjoyed the selection of wedgeheads, woodrails, and early mechanicals. Thanks to everyone who took the time to bring a game for us to enjoy. Here are a few pictures:
    E6EDB0D1-2A18-4538-94B8-6AF657CCD012 (resized).jpegE6EDB0D1-2A18-4538-94B8-6AF657CCD012 (resized).jpeg973DC569-506C-4F47-A805-95979A8926A3 (resized).jpeg973DC569-506C-4F47-A805-95979A8926A3 (resized).jpeg997BC9D8-EB37-4E49-8D33-81B37B60650C (resized).jpeg997BC9D8-EB37-4E49-8D33-81B37B60650C (resized).jpegB8EAFC70-5CE1-4859-A025-2027B0BF6297 (resized).jpegB8EAFC70-5CE1-4859-A025-2027B0BF6297 (resized).jpegFC865943-E266-4DFB-A04A-44E22BDB9D47 (resized).jpegFC865943-E266-4DFB-A04A-44E22BDB9D47 (resized).jpeg
    6B31A14B-E8BB-4EE8-8755-E021419B1F97 (resized).jpeg6B31A14B-E8BB-4EE8-8755-E021419B1F97 (resized).jpeg7D50AEBD-B1F9-4B0D-8B1C-BEE26D87CA23 (resized).jpeg7D50AEBD-B1F9-4B0D-8B1C-BEE26D87CA23 (resized).jpeg

#990 4 years ago

Anyone know who had the deadly weapon?

Good show overall. Nice flea market. Liked this hall much better than the one they were in two years ago. Went down hoping to play a bunch of wood rails, but ended up spending my entire day in the tournament and never played any free play

#991 4 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

Ken, Nice meeting you & playing some of the EM's together; especially Don's Mata Hari!

Nice to meet you too

#992 4 years ago

Anyone know why Classic Arcades wasn't there? Not a fan of their products but they are the only ones selling Bally Playboy drop targets and bumper caps.

#993 4 years ago

Got home from the show a little while ago. Unloaded the trailer and returned it. Still have to unload the car, but that can wait until tomorrow.

Thanks to everybody who stopped by and said hello, bought a game, tradeed games, bought displays and parts. I think it was the best show yet. I just can't see how after this weekend it can go back to the smaller Hall.

I wasn't able to wander out much but I did find a couple of deals that I thought were good. Definitely agree with the comment that there were more DMD games and other desirable titles on the floor than previous years. Someone else posted a list of them so I won't repeat them here.

Personally I think Cointaker represented extremely well with I would say at least 10 new open box games and their full line of Toppers, parts and everything else. Sorry you weren't able to catch their attention I know every time I went by they were extremely busy. In my opinion they're worth the price of admission to the show alone. Where else can you play 10 new Stern games for $15 all day? IMHO they are truly the backbone of the show. I talked to a few people who had bought floor models who were very excited to get their games.

If anything for $15 admission it's almost too cheap.

Thanks to Rich and his crew for making the show happen. I'm sure it's no small undertaking that very few people truly appreciate!

#994 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Chad, make sure you post some pictures once you got it all cleaned up. I just slid the game into my car and drove. I didn’t pay too much attention. It really looks nice and I’m looking forward to seeing more

Will do! Legs are already in the evaporust bath....

#995 4 years ago

Thanks to Rich and crew for putting on another great show. My wife and I have come from the Detroit area four years in a row and it’s still our favorite show. I brought and sold a Team One and came back with a Rawhide. And, thanks to Mayfair, I also have an original parts catalog and a replacement standing target for it. The personality of the show with its “home feel” is great. The show is still well worth the drive!

#996 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Thanks to Rich and crew for putting on another great show. My wife and I have come from the Detroit area four years in a row and it’s still our favorite show. I brought and sold a Team One and came back with a Rawhide. And, thanks to Mayfair, I also have an original parts catalog and a replacement standing target for it. The personality of the show with its “home feel” is great. The show is still well worth the drive!

Jim, wish I could of attended Saturday and we could of met. Hope your happy with the RF BG. GO PSU next weekend!

#997 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Jim, wish I could of attended Saturday and we could of met. Hope your happy with the RF BG. GO PSU next weekend!

Thanks, Tom. Hopefully we will meet sometime. I got the backglass but haven’t opened up your careful packaging yet. I’m sure it will be a great improvement on my Royal Flush.

Go Blue!

#998 4 years ago

Rich - THANK YOU for doing a re-run on last year’s shirts!!

#999 4 years ago

I had those playfields in my booth they were one of my friends. I think I brought home the High Speed, Funhouse and one other one. I didnt really have any control on the prices he set them. As always I had a great time and enjoyed meeting many new people working my little flea market spot. I sold lots of stuff bought a couple semi-project games and had a hell of a time what else could you ask for! I hope the people that bought games and parts from me thought my prices we fair especially on my games.
    Joe

cmack750

#1000 4 years ago

Here is my list of pins with prices as sold or not sold. I didnt make much on these games as a whole but sometimes its not always about the money but the love of the hobby qnd getting more games into peoples hands.

Nice Strikes and Spares = 1k
    King Pin Worked All Weekend = 425
    Spin Out Worked All Weekend = 350
    Project King Rock = 300
    Very Nice Jet Spin 750 did not sell

There are 1,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroom-york-show-2019-buy-sell-trade-no-hotel-amp-food/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.