Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,114 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Skidave
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32BC883C-2769-4EE2-AEB2-AB7C6685F128 (resized).jpeg
    B50F030E-9089-44B4-8A83-EBFFAFB49761 (resized).jpeg
    20191015_212245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4794 (resized).JPG
    dd (resized).jpg
    20191012_115312 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115301 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115304 (resized).jpg
    051c3c1b588def3cbca9dfd2d98b3827eb3d79e9 (resized).jpg
    20191013_161650 (resized).jpg
    20191013_182346 (resized).jpg
    pinshakers (resized).jpg
    20191013_005026 (resized).jpg
    7D50AEBD-B1F9-4B0D-8B1C-BEE26D87CA23 (resized).jpeg
    6B31A14B-E8BB-4EE8-8755-E021419B1F97 (resized).jpeg
    997BC9D8-EB37-4E49-8D33-81B37B60650C (resized).jpeg

There are 1,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.
    #901 4 years ago

Still available.

20191011_173050 (resized).jpg20191011_173050 (resized).jpg20191011_173151 (resized).jpg20191011_173151 (resized).jpg
    #902 4 years ago

Dang some good deals out there! Thanks DJ!

#903 4 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Still available.[quoted image][quoted image]

How much for the Capt. Fan? Does it work?

#904 4 years ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

It works!

#905 4 years ago

I have a friend looking for an Addams Family, I couldn’t make out the price or phone #. If anyone can take a picture and PM with it I’d appreciate it

#906 4 years ago

Space Shuttle... With a Pinshaker brand shaker motor in it. Apparently, the 1st system 9 machine to have this installed. I played it, and it IS AWESOME!

Disclaimer: this machine is not mine, and is not for sale.
    20191011_175818 (resized).jpg20191011_175818 (resized).jpg

#907 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

I have a friend looking for an Addams Family, I couldn’t make out the price or phone #. If anyone can take a picture and PM with it I’d appreciate it

There was only one addams here for sale I believe he wanted 6700 I can go back out and look in a second

#908 4 years ago

Just back from the show. Great show as always. Being a Bally guy, my 2 favorites in the free play area were the EM Mata Hari, thanks Dono for bringing it. Having had the SS version 6 years in my gameroom it was my 1st time ever seeing the EM version. Hit several specials on my 1st ball. Great playing game. 2nd was the funky Spectrum. 1st time ever seeing one of these. After a couple games I came to enjoy it. Wish it was leveled side to side but still cool.

Seemed to be a bunch of non working games in the free play area plus games without credits. But there were plenty of others that worked fine. The older EM's were great as usual. Played a bunch of titles that were a 1st for me and I'm old enough to have played EM's in the 60's.

Great job Rich!

#909 4 years ago

Also, Thanks Jim from JT Amusements for the great heads up on beating traffic for my trip home to State College. Barely a delay at all.

#910 4 years ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

Sold in the last 30 minutes.

#911 4 years ago

Great first day! Was very happy that my Black Jack held up okay. Seemed like it was played non-stop all day, so I was a bit nervous. Usually only gets about 1/2 an hour of play at a time. Best thing is the slingshot that was having some issues seems to have cleared up.

#912 4 years ago

It was great to see the usual folks again.. but to me the York show continues to be mostly a show to meetup for games that you have either pre sold or pre bought. It used to be there were some deals to be had for some nicer or more modern era games but after today I think those days are gone.

The Cointaker crew represented with 4 or so stern pros, and a a smaller booth setup for their normal stuff.

“Mr Pinball Wizard” and the other parts table across from him. I guess these guys are there to sell stuff at a convenience premium to those who brought games for free play. $30 for a single flipper rebuild kit (I.e. left or right?) Marco sells a pair for that.. $13 for a switch adjustment tool? $5 from Marco. What’s the benefit to going to a show for parts?

Bingo row.. I get that some folks like these and York has always been an older show. I love that bingopodcast is so passionate, and i know its a massive effort to get these to the show.. but I just don’t get it personally. Where is the modern counterpart with Bally, Williams, Stern, Spooky, or JJP games?

The most interesting row had a theater of magic and a Tz both decent but for a whopping $8000 each. The $4200 funhouse was interesting but there was an 8-10 person line waiting to play it, likely because it was one of the most interesting things to do there.

Your normal crew of Gameroom decor odds and ends were there with beer glasses and neons, tap handles and bottle openers. Not much change there. Starship fantasy with the normal table and layout of things, no change. Seemed like less of the cool “history” stuff, one plastic ramp mold from an unknown game..

A few new innovator booths like “pinshaker” which is cool to see.

The flea market areas had the normal part out odds and ends, but the presumably dead/take a chance games continue to climb in price.

At this show it feels like for the most part, the passion has left the pinball hobby and it’s all about taking advantage of the next sucker or newcomer.. Where are the high end restorations there for show? What about the innovative project games or homebrews? What happened to the DMD deals?

I hope that’s not the hobby now in general, and I’m looking forward to Expo hopefully redeeming my current depression.

In summary, for $15 entry you can play a few new sterns, buy some old parts, and play mostly older bingo and EMs, with a very very small handful of solid state and interesting DMD era games. If you’re looking to buy games there are deals to be had in the earlier EMs, but the DMDs are few and far between and way over priced. If you want to buy parts you’re likely going to pay a super premium.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

#913 4 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

It was great to see the usual folks again.. but to me the York show continues to be mostly a show to meetup for games that you have either pre sold or pre bought. It used to be there were some deals to be had for some nicer or more modern era games but after today I think those days are gone.
    The Cointaker crew represented with 4 or so stern pros, and a a smaller booth setup for their normal stuff.
    “Mr Pinball Wizard” and the other parts table across from him. I guess these guys are there to sell stuff at a convenience premium to those who brought games for free play. $30 for a single flipper rebuild kit (I.e. left or right?) Marco sells a pair for that.. $13 for a switch adjustment tool? $5 from Marco. What’s the benefit to going to a show for parts?
    Bingo row.. I get that some folks like these and York has always been an older show. I love that bingopodcast is so passionate, and i know its a massive effort to get these to the show.. but I just don’t get it personally. Where is the modern counterpart with Bally, Williams, Stern, Spooky, or JJP games?
    The most interesting row had a theater of magic and a Tz both decent but for a whopping $8000 each. The $4200 funhouse was interesting but there was an 8-10 person line waiting to play it, likely because it was one of the most interesting things to do there.
    Your normal crew of Gameroom decor odds and ends were there with beer glasses and neons, tap handles and bottle openers. Not much change there. Starship fantasy with the normal table and layout of things, no change. Seemed like less of the cool “history” stuff, one plastic ramp mold from an unknown game..
    The flea market areas had the normal part out odds and ends, but the presumably dead/take a chance games continue to climb in price.
    At this show it feels like for the most part, the passion has left the pinball hobby and it’s all about taking advantage of the next sucker or newcomer.. Where are the high end restorations there for show? What about the innovative project games or homebrews? What happened to the DMD deals?
    I hope that’s not the hobby now in general, and I’m looking forward to Expo hopefully redeeming my current depression.
    In summary, for $15 entry you can play a few new sterns, buy some old parts, and play mostly older bingo and EMs, with a very very small handful of solid state and interesting DMD era games. If you’re looking to buy games there are deals to be had in the earlier EMs, but the DMDs are few and far between and way over priced. If you want to buy parts you’re likely going to pay a super premium.

How many higher-end Restorations did you bring? How many custom games did you bring? Did you even bother to bring a game at all?

#914 4 years ago

Try Tim at Pinball Parts Plus for better prices on new parts, and check out my indoor flea market space for incredible prices on used parts, rebuilt Bally Solenoid Driver boards, pinball clocks and other gems.

#915 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Just back from the show. Great show as always. Being a Bally guy, my 2 favorites in the free play area were the EM Mata Hari, thanks Dono for bringing it. Having had the SS version 6 years in my gameroom it was my 1st time ever seeing the EM version. Hit several specials on my 1st ball. Great playing game. 2nd was the funky Spectrum. 1st time ever seeing one of these. After a couple games I came to enjoy it. Wish it was leveled side to side but still cool.
    Seemed to be a bunch of non working games in the free play area plus games without credits. But there were plenty of others that worked fine. The older EM's were great as usual. Played a bunch of titles that were a 1st for me and I'm old enough to have played EM's in the 60's.
    Great job Rich!

That was without a doubt the nicest EM Mata Hari I’ve ever seen in person. Absolutely beautiful and it played great. I know Dono was having an issue with it when I left. Hopefully he got it straightened out.

#916 4 years ago

My wife and I enjoyed spending about 4 hours there today. Nice to only have a 90 min drive , versus a 3 hour+ drive to Allentown, which we decided to skip this year. Met up with a few Pinsiders to sell and buy some parts, so that was worth attending right there. There are plenty of pre-2005 pins we've never played, so we made the most of the show, playing "new to us" games. Got time on lots EMs I've been wanting to play after watching Youtube videos and having fun on Avatar and Theatre of Magic.

Thanks to the guy who brought those old, antique, "pin" games....my wife had fun playing around on those and actually would like me to buy one some time.

Thanks to Cointaker for bringing the latest Sterns for us to try out....was our first time playing all of them, except Star Wars. Deadpool was the clear winner for us, followed by Munsters, which was a fun game to shoot even if I never enjoyed the TV show. Can see the lower playfield on the Premium getting old very fast, but was fun for a few games.

Black Knight... Boring, boring, boring, but glad we got to at least try it out.

We're glad the York show is an option every year and also like the building it was in this year as well.

#917 4 years ago

Cool to see a Blue Chip at the show but $1200? Wow. Grand Prix next to it for similar $$. Coming back tomorrow to stock up on some essentials and play em all!

#918 4 years ago

I loved the Mata Hari EM as well. Like new or better.

Talked to cool people in line, bought some small odds and ends, chatted with Skip and brought my boys for the afternoon.

Another good show in my opinion.

#919 4 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

How many higher-end Restorations did you bring? How many custom games did you bring? Did you even bother to bring a game at all?

The York show isn’t my local show.. when we have our open houses, magfest etc. I represent. Today we talked about starting a more local show to us.. anyway thanks for the comment.

#920 4 years ago

dup

#921 4 years ago

I enjoyed the show with my wife . We had a good time! I was hoping to play some modern non-Stern games but they did not have any. I spent a lot of time playing Cointaker's games. They had 9 or 10 games at the show. I was very close to leaving with a Jurassic Park I decided to wait and see what the new Stern release will be. All in all, a good value for 15 bucks.

The burrito place right outside of the fairgrounds was amazing. Rob's burritos or something along those lines.

#922 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Was that 2001 for sale?

Which one? I bought the one with the original cabinet, but no backglass. There's another one in free play with a painted up cabinet.
    I believe it's for sale.

#923 4 years ago

JR posted pics of the latter one. Cab is painted incorrectly, but PF and BG look nice. I have one and the museum does as well... so I shouldn't pounce.

Now if that Expo was for sale... yum. Also need a Stingray eventually.

I did snag that Freedom prototype. It's going in the museum after a full rebuild. Y'all come play it.

#924 4 years ago

I made the 8 hour round trip today to the show and it was definitely worth it. Kudos to all the folks that put this show on and to all that brought their games for free play. The vendor area was better than I expected based on chatter here that a lot of vendors weren't going to make it this year. Only thing that I was slightly disappointed in was that there was no outside "flea market". For once the weather was perfect and a flea market would have been a bonus. Oh well... maybe next year. Anyway, it was a great show and I'll keep coming back whenever possible.

#925 4 years ago

What about the innovative project games or homebrews?

I have two there... And I like to think they're pretty innovative. At least, I've never seen anything like them.

I've reverse-engineered every production bingo pinball machine in a single cabinet with swappable playfields, and score and instruction card screens from before it was cool. 142 games in one - EM parts driven by a P3-Roc. Every game, wire for wire, rivet for rivet reverse engineered. Down to the animations. This is it's fourth year at the show. I unveiled it for the public to play at York.

I've done the same with a new game, Multi-Races, 10 one ball horserace games in one cabinet on a single playfield. This is the first time that it has been playable by the public.

Between these two games, you can play an entire history of gambling pinballs from 1936-1981.

I can tell you it has been a tremendous amount of work. I can't even tell you how much.

I have other different games in the works and I'll be bringing those in years to come. I'm currently working on an ultra-modern flipper game.

Not every game is for everyone, but just thought I'd point out that there are some unique and interesting homebrews if you keep an open mind.

#926 4 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

I have two there... And I like to think they're pretty innovative. At least, I've never seen anything like them.
    I've reverse-engineered every production bingo pinball machine in a single cabinet with swappable playfields, and score and instruction card screens from before it was cool. 142 games in one - EM parts driven by a P3-Roc. Every game, wire for wire, rivet for rivet reverse engineered. Down to the animations. This is it's fourth year at the show. I unveiled it for the public to play at York.
    I've done the same with a new game, Multi-Races, 10 one ball horserace games in one cabinet on a single playfield. This is the first time that it has been playable by the public.
    Between these two games, you can play an entire history of gambling pinballs from 1936-1981.
    I can tell you it has been a tremendous amount of work. I can't even tell you how much.
    I have other different games in the works and I'll be bringing those in years to come. I'm currently working on an ultra-modern flipper game.
    Not every game is for everyone, but just thought I'd point out that there are some unique and interesting homebrews if you keep an open mind.

I gave you a special shoutout my friend, you absolutely bring it... it’s not my cup of tea, but I know how much effort it is.. and I follow the pindev slack.. you’re a machine, and thank you.

#927 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

The burrito place right outside of the fairgrounds was amazing. Rob's burritos or something along those lines.

They must have moved? Where they used to be is a hot dog place now.

#928 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

6:30 AM - starting my drive from DC area. See you all there!
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+ V Video Sync Combiner kit

11:00 PM - made it back home. Sorry I can't be there for the Saturday crew but it was fun to be a part of the show again this year. For those looking for a good deal, it's not a pin but the Ms PacMan in the back left corner of the hall at one of the flea vendors is working well and listed at $450. I figured I would call it out in case anyone is looking tomorrow. The Iron Maiden with the powder coated finishings in the booth next to me looked very nice as well but (appropriately) not in the same price range as the Ms Pac!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+ V Video Sync Combiner kit

#929 4 years ago

You’re pretty much right. I stayed for about 2-3 hours and that was enough for me. Quite a few machines not working and parts seemed high to me. I wanted to buy a Repro Space Shuttle toy for my SS since my original is pretty rough but Starship wanted $51 + a 9% markup if I used my card. If I had the cash I would of bought the Fast Draw because that was my first pin. Think he was asking $650 which isn’t bad. If you didn’t sell it reach out to me and maybe we can make a deal. I also now want a TX Sector! Amazing sounds and light show!!

#930 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Finished my two pinball lifters so will have one for sale pick up at the show. $100 even.[quoted image]

Now sold. (At the show)

#931 4 years ago
    Quoted from DorkInAbox:

Space Shuttle... With a Pinshaker brand shaker motor in it. Apparently, the 1st system 9 machine to have this installed. I played it, and it IS AWESOME!
    Disclaimer: this machine is not mine, and is not for sale.
    [quoted image]

Thanks, The Space Shuttle is mine. Bought the shaker kit for my Stern POTC but since I had the Space Shuttle there and knew they didn't have one tested with a system 9 I offered to let them put it in the game. I'll have to take it back out to install in my POTC once I bring it home but It really does play great with it in. Might have to leave it in and buy another one.

#932 4 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:It was great to see the usual folks again.. but to me the York show continues to be mostly a show to meetup for games that you have either pre sold or pre bought. It used to be there were some deals to be had for some nicer or more modern era games but after today I think those days are gone.

I've gotta say that I disagree with much of what was said here.

First off, I felt like there were quite a few DMD and post-1980 Solid State Machines to play and I was really happy with the variety. Actually BETTER than last year IMHO. Not counting NIB machines, off the top of my head I can remember:
    Pinbot, Avatar, F-14 Tomcat, Seawitch, Fathom, TZ (2 of them), Mousin' Around, ToM, Baywatch, Stern POTC, Family Guy, LAH, Black Rose, TX Sector, Xenon, BK2K, Funhouse, Dr Who, Deadly Weapon, BK, Meteor, Starship Troopers, Scared Stiff, Cue Ball Wizard, Centaur, Taxi, Stargate, Earthshaker (3 of them), Space Shuttle, Corvette, Skateball, Laser Cue, Embryon, Cactus Jacks, Pool Sharks......and this year, the vast majority of them actually played really well. My hat's off to those who brought games for more than the admission, or to make a buck on a crappy playing machine. Which was almost NO ONE. In terms of "deals", I would agree I didn't see a lot of them on DMD/SS Machines. But that is the market today....not the show. Just look at the sale prices things go for when posted in the market in pinside. Why should the show be different? At least the show gives you a forum to meet sellers and check out machines without having to travel to somebody's house.....

Second, I don't think it's very realistic that you'll find very many machines at York, or at ANY show that are non-vendor provided that are REALLY new. Who wants to drag their totally HUO, pristine 400lb Hobbit or 10k POTC to a show and have people beat on them all day? No way you can likely sell them for more than you paid, so no money to be made and no benefit at all for the owner. You can't even showcase them as a super-amazing restore. It'd be more like "Check out my awesome machine that I haven't done much to that cost me a ton of money". No real benefit to the owner, so you'll rarely see many of these type of machines at shows.

As far as parts go, there are deals to be had but you have to look around AND you need to really follow the show thread. As someone else said, Pinball Parts Plus had great prices. I bought a few things from them, and cheaper than I could have got online (without that pesky shipping). I also grabbed a perfect condition used DMD Display from Bob Butch for $75 (he mentioned he had a bunch in the show thread) and he walked it through a full display test in his booth with me. That's a bargain. Cointaker has bonus light strips with multiple connectors for $5...I pick one up at every show. Dirt Cheap.

One of the funnest things about York for me is keeping a close eye on the thread and using the venue to help you to put together deals (as a buyer AND seller) and as a result, meeting people that you would have a hard time doing otherwise. A lot of people complain about the "parking lot deals" but when a 4-5 hour round trip commitment is involved, they absolutely help get me there. And the fact is, once you are there, you are surely going to look at what OTHER things you can find.

I walked out today with a seawitch backglass that I put a deposit on MONTHS ago knowing I could likely never get to the seller without York. And scored a great looking Centigrade 37 from a seller in Massachusetts a month ago that he held and that someone ELSE drove down to me for absolutely nothing. Those are the kind of people that make York, and this hobby, cool as hell.

#933 4 years ago

Part of my haul from today.....can't wait to get her up and running.....

IMG_20191012_004903372 (resized).jpgIMG_20191012_004903372 (resized).jpgIMG_20191012_005008482 (resized).jpgIMG_20191012_005008482 (resized).jpgIMG_20191012_004937891 (resized).jpgIMG_20191012_004937891 (resized).jpgIMG_20191012_005122294 (resized).jpgIMG_20191012_005122294 (resized).jpg
    #934 4 years ago

we have our open houses, magfest etc.

I didn't know there was pinball at Magfest. What's the scene like there?

#935 4 years ago

First time at York.

14 hours on the road.

Met up with Mike, Pete and Darrin, great guys all! Did some swapping in the lot before heading into the show. Pin Parts Plus guy had a nice selection of stuff and made some purchases from him and Galaxy. Enjoyed the show, seems more laid back than most. Very friendly people, looks like a few deals went down while I was there (noticed machines posted in this thread that were not there when we came through)

Played a handful of games before popping back in the truck and the long slog home through NY and CT traffic though in all fairness to NY, CT got the prize for most ridiculous traffic.

All the games I played on Friday seemed to work fine- Pit Stop was an excellent and clean example, Seawitch is becoming my favorite Stern, Whirlwind, Strikes and Spares, 4 million bc, Haunted House, Big House and the new Jurassic Park. Was surprised to see a Bazaar in the line up! I have to get trucking on mine.

Thanks to everyone who brought pins!

#936 4 years ago

Just to address some of the comments about the York Show, or even shows in general, I think the first thing that is often forgotten is a show is only as good as what people attending the show make it. The promoter (in the case of the York Show Rich & his family) provides a venue & the advertising - everything else is pretty much up to the people attending the show. Machines that come to a show and the condition and prices of those machines are up to the people that bring machines. Vendors can only bring what they have for sale, the number of vendors depends on how many people are willing to do all the work it takes to set up, and so on. So the more effort everyone puts into a show the better the results.

As far as selection of machines at York. The York Show has always been known as a "earlier machines type show" and that is one of the many things most people seem to like about York. There are always a ton of woodrails, bingo's, EM's and other earlier machines at York. There are also a decent amount of SS, DMD and "modern era" machines but the strength at York is the early stuff you don't normally see a lot of at other show.

As far as "lack of great deals" or "prices seemed high" or "not much for sale in the flea market area" or "no outside flea market people" etc. What people don't seem to realize is the supply of cheaper machines, deals on machines, and large group purchases has pretty much completely dried up. There just isn't much out their being sold "cheap" these days. Vendors who bring stuff to a show need to make a few dollars just to cover their overhead. We don't have "hidden sources" for this stuff we are chasing it just like everyone else. Ten years ago when I got into the hobby there were weeks where I could buy 10 or 12 machines at reasonable prices these days I am lucky to get a call a month. If we can't "buy cheap" we can't sell cheap. The hobby is changing demand is way up supply is down and prices are going up. No one likes that other than the guys with huge collections that just see their collections going up in value. But it is just the way it is these days.

As far as "parking lot deals" - they are not a bad thing and in fact about 70% of what I brought to the show was actually presold. When parking lot deals become an issue is when people drive to a show just to exchange stuff in the parking lot and do nothing to support the show. If you made a few deals but still brought a machine for freeplay or paid to attend the show that is great. What isn't good is the guys that just show up in the parking lot & exchange stuff for money and go home without supporting the show. Thankfully it is only a handful of people but why not support the show while you are their?

York is like a big pinball party at someones house. It isn't a huge commercial show it is just a great place to hang out with old friends & meet a few new ones. I hope the "feel" never changes. There are plenty of "bigger & maybe even better shows" but I have never experienced another show with the "feel" of the York Show. No one can seem to explain it but it is just something very unique and refreshing and most people who attend will say the same thing.

I closing I just want to thank Rich, his family & crew for doing a great job again this year and hopefully the show was successful enough that we can stay in the bigger hall in the future. I am sure Rich will let everyone know where we will see the show next year shortly after the dust settles from this years show. THANKS AGAIN to everyone who supported the show this year!

#937 4 years ago
    Quoted from mavantix:

Yeah. "Doggie Style"!

#938 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

The Iron Maiden with the powder coated finishings in the booth next to me looked very nice as well but (appropriately) not in the same price range as the Ms Pac!

Thanks Rob! Got a lot of compliments on it but it is still available. Open to trades also! Great being a vendor next to you!

Ton of people actually walked by it to check out the back to the future I have there. Plenty of compliments on that also. Both are still available today. Whirlwind is sold pending payment and pick up. Addams family I plan on bringing home but if someone wants to swing by and make an offer, I'm listening

20191011_120305 (resized).jpg20191011_120305 (resized).jpg20191011_183259 (resized).jpg20191011_183259 (resized).jpg
    #939 4 years ago

Looking foward to picking up my new Whirlwind Butch. Minus putting some games on it and dropping some new toys in it I will leave the Whirlwind up on Freeplay most of the day to support the show.

#940 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

JR posted pics of the latter one. Cab is painted incorrectly, but PF and BG look nice. I have one and the museum does as well... so I shouldn't pounce.
    Now if that Expo was for sale... yum. Also need a Stingray eventually.
    I did snag that Freedom prototype. It's going in the museum after a full rebuild. Y'all come play it.

They have a Stingray for sale in the Free Play for $695. Pretty decent shape and plays 100%.

#941 4 years ago
    Quoted from mavantix:

They moved 2 blocks down. They now sit next to Marcos pizza.

#942 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

They have a Stingray for sale in the Free Play for $695. Pretty decent shape and plays 100%.

I think I saw that Stingray heading out the door late yesterday evening.

#943 4 years ago

I’m going to respectfully disagree with my better looking cousin from Warrenton here.... the show is still worth the squeeze. Plenty to play, plenty of parts and games vendors, new games for sale, you can hang out with your buddies, and used games for sale and play.

A lot of people complaining about the lack of JJP representation. He’s 3-4 hours from the show, where a couple thousand of his target audience are roaming the hall. Don’t you think it would be smart if he spent... oh idk a thousand bucks, sent an intern down with a sprinter van for the weekend to fill a 10 x 10 booth, to market his product to his customers? It’s really the best marketing he could buy for a thousand measly bucks.... hell, you can’t even buy a shooter rod for a Wonka for a grand. I’m totally putting the lack of JJP on jack here.

I thought there were plenty of games this year. A lot more system 11 and dmd than last year, if that’s your fancy. I’m more of a newer pin guy, and I actually enjoy the em representation that york has.

To those who speak negative.... the rubber stamp show is right across the hall. That sounds like fun.... you can get involved in that lol

Mike

#944 4 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Addams family I plan on bringing home but if someone wants to swing by and make an offer, I'm listening

Addams played very nicely - anyone looking for one should check it out today.

I saw two other deals that were still available at closing last night - a Flash in free play at either $650 or $700. In the flea parts area the guy across the walkway from too-many-pins has a working Williams system 7 ball-count/credit display for about half what you would pay for a NOS glass (reference the top glass here: http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/displays/displays.htm). He also has a bunch of bins on one table with stuff priced at 25 cents - time to empty the quarters out of your car's ash tray!

-Rob

#945 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

I’m going to respectfully disagree with my better looking cousin from Warrenton here.... the show is still worth the squeeze. Plenty to play, plenty of parts and games vendors, new games for sale, and used games for sale and play.
    A lot of people complaining about the lack of JJP representation. He’s 3-4 hours from the show, where a couple thousand of his target audience are roaming the hall. Don’t you think it would be smart if he spent... oh idk a thousand bucks, sent an intern down with a sprinter van for the weekend to fill a 10 x 10 booth, to market his product to his customers? It’s really the best marketing he could buy for a thousand measly bucks.... hell, you can’t even buy a shooter rod for a Wonka for a grand. I’m totally putting the lack of JJP on jack here. Shit, I bet rich would even give jack a booth....
    I thought there were plenty of games this year. A lot more system 11 and dmd than last year, if that’s your fancy. I’m more of a newer pin guy, and I actually enjoy the em representation that york has.
    To those who speak negative.... the rubber stamp show is right across the hall. That sounds like fun.... you can get involved in that lol
    Mike

Rubber stamp show...
    Lol!!!!!!

#946 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Mike

I'm kinda scratching my head on that one. Maybe its the attitude going in the counts. Spent $30 at the door, $100 in tolls, at least that in gas for the truck, food, etc. Purchased $45 worth of stuff from vendors. Could I have saved money on the stuff mail order and saved myself from brutal traffic?

Absolutely.

Out of it I have three new friends, been to a fun show I had not experienced yet and support in a small way, got my son out of the rut he has been stuck in for a day or two, played a few titles I didn't play before, swapped pins with a pinsider and was able to skip work making it a 3 day weekend.

On balance I'd say it was a decent deal, look forward to doing it again next year.

20191011_114514_resized (resized).jpg20191011_114514_resized (resized).jpg
    #947 4 years ago

Yes, the York show has always been an “older” show.. but it’s also been primarily a project show. A place to go and pickup something on the cheap. The lack of outdoor flea market is a huge negative, and many of the indoor flea market areas didn’t have prices on anything.. and what they wanted for assumingly dead games on their backs was ludicrous. Sure it could be a supply/demand issue like you say, but I think it’s just greed.. greed because of all the newcomer blood in the hobby, the likelihood that someone will pay something seemingly stupid is probably high. The eBay mentality is now leaking into our own private community shows.. and it sucks.

200% markup on parts is just ridiculous.. same as trying to sell junk like old flipper plungers/cores at new prices.

A few years ago anyone that put 8k on a stock TZ or ToM would have been the laughing stock of the show.. yes prices are up a bit, but even accounting for that it ridiculous, and for some reason now that’s just accepted.. and that’s not the only games.. those BS inflated prices were mostly across the board. I don’t think it’s a supply and demand issue, I think it’s people fishing and trying to take advantage of newcomers and those that don’t know the true market.

I’m not going to these shows to see and play a bunch of games I have at home or within a few minutes of my house.. But since that’s what I was left to do with no deals to buy I was underwhelmed. Maybe there must be more available where I’m at, or I participate in this local community here to know enough collectors. I’m not excited driving 4 hours etc, to play two dozen games that everyone is waiting to play. 10 minutes from me in any direction, there are places with that kind of volume. Doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the individuals that made the effort, but likely from here on out I’ll just do my parking lot deals and save the entry fee, put it towards buying parts online.

The lack of presence from JJP and other resellers/vendors like that has got to mean, they similarly don’t see value in the show.. and if I’m being totally honest, Cointaker phoned it in. They had games and mods presence, but getting anyone to help you was like pulling teeth. I literally had to ask them to help me through each step of the transaction.

I fully expect the majority of you to chest thump and disagree.. enjoy your ocean of EM and Bingo games, 8k stock TZs, $2500 Shaqs and f-14s, and $60 flipper rebuild kits.

#948 4 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

I've gotta say that I disagree with much of what was said here.
    First off, I felt like there were quite a few DMD and post-1980 Solid State Machines to play and I was really happy with the variety. Actually BETTER than last year IMHO. Not counting NIB machines, off the top of my head I can remember:
    Pinbot, Avatar, F-14 Tomcat, Seawitch, Fathom, TZ (2 of them), Mousin' Around, ToM, Baywatch, Stern POTC, Family Guy, LAH, Black Rose, TX Sector, Xenon, BK2K, Funhouse, Dr Who, Deadly Weapon, BK, Meteor, Starship Troopers, Scared Stiff, Cue Ball Wizard, Centaur, Taxi, Stargate, Earthshaker (3 of them), Space Shuttle, Corvette, Skateball, Laser Cue, Embryon, Cactus Jacks, Pool Sharks......and this year, the vast majority of them actually played really well.

Most of those were there last year as well. 3 Earthshakers? I saw one with the hood up most of the day and another that sold pretty early in the day so, 1 and a half seems fair :p Starship Troopers had a $3K price tag and the DMD kept shutting off.

Baywatch got there a couple hours after the show started, came in with a T3 ; unfortunately neither were for sale. Mousin around was a pretty fun pin I never played before. I saw a Frankenstein by the jukes that were for sale, and when I asked about it the old dude there said it was already sold. I never saw it with the head up.

No WCS94, DE JPs, Champions Pub , No Good Gofers, etc .A single deadpool premium for sale $6900 for the demo model if you let them take the topper and some other mod off; but my main reason for going was to play the new Jurassic Park and it was pretty great. Only had 2 Pros at the show was hoping to see the higher level trim in person. This was likely my last York show, its just too long of a drive for whats there. I did buy a T2 PF, mostly because I didn't want to leave that show empty handed again.

#949 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Looking foward to picking up my new Whirlwind Butch. Minus putting some games on it and dropping some new toys in it I will leave the Whirlwind up on Freeplay most of the day to support the show.

As promised... my new whirlwind is now in the freeplay area. Enjoy!

20191012_084746 (resized).jpg20191012_084746 (resized).jpg
    #950 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

As promised... my new whirlwind is now in the freeplay area. Enjoy![quoted image]

Thats a great game, played it yesterday and had a blast. Definitely have to add one of these to my collection sometime. Loved the fan and on a hot day it felt good.

If the person that brought the baywatch is on here, thanks for bringing it. It is a beautiful game and played awesome and they even added a color DMD at the show. Makes me really regret selling mine for $1,400 before the prices doubled on this machine . I need to find another. Thanks again for bringing your baby to the show. It really was in awesome shape.

There are 1,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroom-york-show-2019-buy-sell-trade-no-hotel-amp-food/page/19?hl=rampton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.