Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,114 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Skidave
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32BC883C-2769-4EE2-AEB2-AB7C6685F128 (resized).jpeg
    B50F030E-9089-44B4-8A83-EBFFAFB49761 (resized).jpeg
    20191015_212245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4794 (resized).JPG
    dd (resized).jpg
    20191012_115312 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115301 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115304 (resized).jpg
    051c3c1b588def3cbca9dfd2d98b3827eb3d79e9 (resized).jpg
    20191013_161650 (resized).jpg
    20191013_182346 (resized).jpg
    pinshakers (resized).jpg
    20191013_005026 (resized).jpg
    7D50AEBD-B1F9-4B0D-8B1C-BEE26D87CA23 (resized).jpeg
    6B31A14B-E8BB-4EE8-8755-E021419B1F97 (resized).jpeg
    997BC9D8-EB37-4E49-8D33-81B37B60650C (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 23.
    #501 4 years ago

Someone asked about a Count-down back glass. I have a nice one. PM for details.

#502 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I’m looking for:
    A Comet backglass
    A Chicago Coin Golden Gloves backglass
    A Genco Golden Nugget backglass
    They don’t need to be perfect, just better than the ones I have.
    A Playmatic Last Lap backglass In pretty much any condition- I don’t have one at all.
    I’m also looking for a playfield or two for wall art. Not too picky on titles, but cheap and colorful would be great!
    Need a WPC empty head that will fit my Doctor Who, as the one I have is slightly crushed and can’t be repaired.
    And the real long shot... need an empty head that will fit an early playmatic SS cabinet. The pressboard on mine is disintegrating.

Still looking for all of these-- except for the playmatic head. I've decided it will be easier to build a new one than to try to resurrect ancient pressboard.

#503 4 years ago

Can't wait for the show!

Looking for...

- ColorDMD LED w/ WPC cables

- Class of 1812 plastics, signature parts, etc.

- Williams Sys11 speaker grills with the red W's (example pic below)

- New black 28.5" legs and/or black powder coated armor for a WPC (my BSD)

Also have my very nice, second owner and bulletproofed Mystery Castle for trade or sale. Here's a youtube vid of gameplay I took recently. This plays, perfect, fast and fun.

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 12.23.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-30 at 12.23.09 PM (resized).png

#504 4 years ago

Can bring the following from my collection to York.

Fireball II LED's, PF Protector, Red Florescent plastic protectors. $2200

Elektra LED's $2500

Guns & Roses Pinsound, headphones, LEDs $7200

Cactus Canyon Continued Color DMD $9500

Addams Family Color DMD $7800

#505 4 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Bally Embryon (DEAL PENDING)
    Bally Xenon (SPOKEN FOR)

Geez, will you have anything to sell at the show?

#506 4 years ago

ACDC prem, huo $6100

#507 4 years ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

Still plenty for the show including 4 I'm trailing down for a friend that will set up in my space.

#508 4 years ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

Pete always has a nice load of stuff to sell at every show. He is one of the guys that supports the shows and still manages to get plenty of pre-sales. There aren't many guys out there that do it as good as Pete does! And he has been doing it forever - I don't know exactly how long but at a guess I would say close to 20 years if not longer.

#509 4 years ago

Looking for a rough Team One machine to retheme.

boilerman will pick up the 3rd stick from you. Ive got three abused pfs to send you.

Pinbee sticks for my Neptune (thanks!)

My first trip to White Rose, cant wait.

Anybody need Williams 8Ball pf plastics?

Ken

#510 4 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Soccer for sale if anyone is interested.

I also have a brand new Shay Williams Line Drive Backglass as well at a steep discount.

#511 4 years ago

Not planning on going to York this year, but will make the trip down Saturday if I presale these projects.

Sold---Abra Cadabra - nice playfield, decent backglass, cabinet needs some attention, especially the particle board back board, mostly working $850

Gameplan Pinball Lizard - very nice backglass, playfield has wear, mylar removed by previous owner and needs finish cleanup, solid cabinet, nice boardset (not booting) have new in box mpu from Jim. $850 without mpu/ $1200 with.

Joe

#512 4 years ago

Just PM'd you about Abra Ca Dabra.

#513 4 years ago

Abra is sold. Thanks to all that inquired.

#514 4 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

Abra is sold. Thanks to all that inquired.

Joe,

Are you bringing it to the show for delivery? If you are not going to make it I'll miss you guys! Skip

#515 4 years ago

#516 4 years ago

Edit:
    Moved elsewhere since everyone is butthurt!

#517 4 years ago

I can have these transported to the show for a small fee.

Machine - For Sale
    Nascar Archived
    Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Just brought this in on a trade. Game should be considered a project. It needs some work and a total shop job!! It does boot and play but there are a few connectors that need to be...”
    2019-11-01
    Little Egg Harbor, NJ
    2,175 (OBO)
    Archived after: 5 days
    Viewed: 812 times

Machine - For Sale
    Sing Along Archived
    As is - “This Gottlieb Sing Along is a restoration candidate. The Backglass is in great condition, cabinet is solid but has wear/chips and the playfield has wear. It does not work. $350”
    2019-10-21
    Little Egg Harbor, NJ
    350 (OBO)
    Archived after: 41 days
    Viewed: 404 times

SOLD!
    Machine - For Trade
    Alien Star Archived
    As is - “Just picked this up today. It is a project. It is dirty. No tests were done, beyond turning it on and trying to play one ball. Game turns on, lights flash, displays come on inter...”
    2019-09-28
    Little Egg Harbor, NJ
    Trade
    Archived after: 15 days
    Viewed: 975 times
    Contributed to Pinside

Also have a cpr gold Whirlwind PF and a project Gilligans Island.

#518 4 years ago

Looking for a head for a Bally Rocket III if anyone has one.

#519 4 years ago
    Quoted from EMPins:

I almost had one of those to part out a year or so ago but I didn't get it. You might want to email Pete (Ibuypinballs) last post #507 here. He was clearing out a bunch of stuff from a friend's estate over the past year or more. There might be one in the stash from that. I don't have a clue if he is done with that yet but I know he worked with the stuff for almost a year and wasn't finished last time I talked to him about it.

#520 4 years ago

Will be selling a Jackbot - $2450. Nice shape.

#521 4 years ago
    Quoted from EMPins:

Try posting in this forum:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-heads-needed-heads-available/page/3#post-5212089

#522 4 years ago

Looking for the following backglasses

Algar
    Magic Circle
    Meteor
    Pink Panther
    Scorpion

#523 4 years ago

I talked to Rich tonight and thanks to the lack of support it looks like the show will be headed back to the smaller hall next year. I don't know if Rich will be upset with me making this post or not but I am really sad to here people did not "step up" and support the show like they should have.

So many parking lot deals, so much stuff getting sold before the show, so few people registering games ahead of time for freeplay, all contributed to this. DO NOT blame Rich -- you guys dropped the ball! For two years now Rich has worked very hard to help the show grow but he can't do it alone. So next year when he runs out of space for freeplay machines & vendors in the smaller hall look in the mirror - it wasn't Rich's fault it was everyone's fault that didn't do all they could to help the show grow.

It isn't too late to change this but unless more dealers step up and fill spaces and more people register games for freeplay you know where the show is headed next year! I really don't care because we are getting ready to "step away" from the hobby but I am sad for the people who have supported the show and for Rich & his family.

Rich - I am sorry if you didn't want this posted but I feel as though there is still a chance to turn things around. If people don't know what is going on until it is too late there will be no turning back. So I feel as though it is important for people to know what is about to happen.

#524 4 years ago

#525 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I talked to Rich tonight and thanks to the lack of support it looks like the show will be headed back to the smaller hall next year. I don't know if Rich will be upset with me making this post or not but I am really sad to here people did not "step up" and support the show like they should have.
    So many parking lot deals, so much stuff getting sold before the show, so few people registering games ahead of time for freeplay, all contributed to this. DO NOT blame Rich -- you guys dropped the ball! For two years now Rich has worked very hard to help the show grow but he can't do it alone. So next year when he runs out of space for freeplay machines & vendors in the smaller hall look in the mirror - it wasn't Rich's fault it was everyone's fault that didn't do all they could to help the show grow.
    It isn't too late to change this but unless more dealers step up and fill spaces and more people register games for freeplay you know where the show is headed next year! I really don't care because we are getting ready to "step away" from the hobby but I am sad for the people who have supported the show and for Rich & his family.
    Rich - I am sorry if you didn't want this posted but I feel as though there is still a chance to turn things around. If people don't know what is going on until it is too late there will be no turning back. So I feel as though it is important for people to know what is about to happen.

Perhaps he should come up with an even trashier t-shirt design this year to pull more neckbeards out of the woodwork? Time to start looking at the method...because Allentown seems to be growing every year, not shrinking.

#526 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Perhaps he should come up with an even trashier t-shirt design this year to pull more neckbeards out of the woodwork? Time to start looking at the method...because Allentown seems to be growing every year, not shrinking.

FYI those shirts sold out in a few hours and I get weekly requests to have them remade. So you don't like the design of last year's show? No one forced you or anyone to buy them and I can understand why people don't like them. Here is the thing about those shirts, guess what the gender of the person that worked with the company on them is? Everyone assumed that it was me that worked on them, but it wasn't. It was a WOMAN!

Why are you so negative about the show? I don't think we ever met (although I know who you are as the Pin collector community is small in this area) You seem to have some sort of issue with me personally. I also noticed that while you bash the show, you are attempting to profit from it with your pin sales.

The show is growing, both attendance and # of vendors have been up every year that I have run it. So your statement is invalid.

#527 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Not bringing to the show, but I live 25 minutes down route 30 from the show for an easy pickup.
    .... deleted for uncoolness

That's kind of F'd up, man. Don't post that in the show thread.

#528 4 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

The show is growing, both attendance and # of vendors have been up every year that I have run it. So your statement is invalid.

So why is Chip telling us, after after talking to you last night, that people aren't supporting the show and the show will be moving back to the smaller hall? Which is it? I don't have a problem with you at all, I just prefer not to attend shows that prefer to market to the co-magnon element of the hobby that is perfectly happy keeping pinball in the dark ages.

#529 4 years ago

Not bringing anything to the show. (to sell) but I live 45 minutes down route 83 from the show.
    So bringing a game for free play to support the show.

#530 4 years ago

It isn't too late to change this but unless more dealers step up and fill spaces and more people register games for freeplay you know where the show is headed next year!

I thought Rich posted there were only 3 vendor spots left? I don't consider that bad at all considering pinball star was unable to make it this year.

#531 4 years ago

I'll be there this year! I can't take time off from work to bring my games and setup but some day! Looking forward to playing some pinball and buying some tacky crap to decorate the gameroom walls with.

#532 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

So why is Chip telling us, after after talking to you last night, that people aren't supporting the show and the show will be moving back to the smaller hall? Which is it? I don't have a problem with you at all, I just prefer not to attend shows that prefer to market to the co-magnon element of the hobby that is perfectly happy keeping pinball in the dark ages.

What it is is pretty simple. York Fairground has several buildings and when you outgrow one building and move to the next size building they can not tailor a building to your needs - the size of a building is what it is. When Rich jumped from a smaller hall to the bigger one it was a HUGE jump in square footage & rent. I don't want to speak for him but I think the first year that move actually cost him money out of his pocket beyond what the show took in. The second year in the "bigger building" was a little better but still not a huge success as far as getting spaces filled so again for all the work that goes into a show Rich just didn't make much money.

Now we are at the third year of the show - Rich is watching people post here and making parking lot deals without helping the show and he is getting discouraged. I can't say that I blame him.

Allentown keeps growing because Ivan has a lot of support from the pinball community and that is something Rich doesn't seem to get. I can't say why but I know part of it is Fall is a tough time of the year for a show. On top of that Allentown didn't grow all that much when you think about how huge the outside flea market are was years ago. Ivan basically just moved a big show inside instead of having 1/2 the show in the parking lot.

#533 4 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I thought Rich posted there were only 3 vendor spots left? I don't consider that bad at all considering pinball star was unable to make it this year.

He only had 3 vendor spaces but he has a ton of flea market space open yet and isn't getting the support he needs to continue in that bigger hall. I don't remember exactly the amount of extra space he is renting but I think the bigger hall is about 30% bigger. That is a lot more space & rent.

Rich didn't want to bring this up and was just going to quietly move the show back into the smaller hall. I felt a need to give people a chance to help Rich keep the show in the bigger hall. I am not involved with the show in any way my only interest in any of this is the fact that Rich is a friend on mine and I hate to see him struggle when he is trying to do something good for the pinball community.

What people don't realize is promoters are not what makes a show - it is the pinball community that is in control of that. All promoters do is take the risk of renting the space then try to fill that space. No need to get into a lot of debates here - the simple fact is if Rich doesn't get the support he heeds the show will be in the smaller hall next year. It isn't rocket science!

#534 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Rich had nothing to do with that shirt design - it was actually a couple female members of his family that did that design. Rich is a busy guy and passed that task off to someone else to handle and that someone else was a female. So if you have an issue with the design that issue shouldn't be with Rich. Again I am likely saying more than I should because Rich tells me stuff in confidence but it really gets under my skin to see someone taking the heat for stuff he didn't even have any involvement with.

Bottom line is what Rich said earlier - it is pretty simple if you don't like Rich or like the show stay the hell home. But if that is the case DON'T use this thread to advertise machines you have for sale. All this type BS is why I am leaving the hobby after this show. We will still have our pinball collection but I will no longer be doing shows, selling parts online, and visiting Pinside after the first of the new year. It just isn't fun anymore!

#535 4 years ago

Last year's t-shirt was great! Sold out in hours sounds like a winning formula to me

#536 4 years ago

Allentown keeps growing because Ivan has a lot of support from the pinball community and that is something Rich doesn't seem to get. I can't say why but I know part of it is Fall is a tough time of the year for a show. On top of that Allentown didn't grow all that much when you think about how huge the outside flea market are was years ago. Ivan basically just moved a big show inside instead of having 1/2 the show in the parking lot.

I think a lot has to do with location also. Allentown is a closer drive for people coming from the north or east of PA. So brings in a bigger spectator crowd. A bigger crowd will bring in more vendors. I've been going to York for over a decade and really don't care if it's the biggest show or smallest show. Always thought it was about hobbyist getting together, having fun, selling and buying a few things.

#537 4 years ago

Anyone selling the new Meteor backglass?? Would like to pick one up.....

#538 4 years ago

It's simple, the plans and decision on show dates and buildings for next year is being made now and I use metrics such as the indoor flea market and game registrations to gauge which building I should rent for next year.

So your opinion of the show and me is based on the shirts? Don't you think that may be a small sampling of data to base your opinion on? Have you ever looked at most of the artwork on the machines themselves?

Quoted from JodyG:

#539 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I think a lot has to do with location also. Allentown is a closer drive for people coming from the north or east of PA. So brings in a bigger spectator crowd. A bigger crowd will bring in more vendors. I've been going to York for over a decade and really don't care if it's the biggest show or smallest show. Always thought it was about hobbyist getting together, having fun, selling and buying a few things.

Ivan, Rich & I have talked a lot about that a fair amount and I think there are actually a half dozen reasons Allentown has a lot more vendors & support. Location being close to so many big cities helps for sure, farmers market food is right on site, time of the year also helps, and one last thing is people in central PA are known for being cheap. So factor all of that into things and it makes sense York will not grow as quickly as Allentown did.

Sadly Allentown is out of space and can't grow. York is the other extreme - unlimited room for growth as far as the venue. If only Allentown had the space York does we could have something truly great in Allentown each Spring. But for now the biggest issue at hand is the future of York in the bigger hall.

#540 4 years ago

And the time of the year too, May is prime time for people to have a Tax refund burning a whole in their pockets. We also loose some vendors because Chicago is usually the next week and they have to choose between York or Chicago and they pick Chicago.

In my opinion you are 100% right, that is exactly what the show is about. I view it as I am hosting a party for a few thousand friends.

Quoted from arcademojo:

#541 4 years ago

Rich had nothing to do with that shirt design - it was actually a couple female members of his family that did that design. Rich is a busy guy and passed that task off to someone else to handle and that someone else was a female. So if you have an issue with the design that issue shouldn't be with Rich. Again I am likely saying more than I should because Rich tells me stuff in confidence but it really gets under my skin to see someone taking the heat for stuff he didn't even have any involvement with.
    Bottom line is what Rich said earlier - it is pretty simple if you don't like Rich or like the show stay the hell home. But if that is the case DON'T use this thread to advertise machines you have for sale. All this type BS is why I am leaving the hobby after this show. We will still have our pinball collection but I will no longer be doing shows, selling parts online, and visiting Pinside after the first of the new year. It just isn't fun anymore!

Rich unveiled the preliminary shirt design early last year, and it set off a firestorm on social media. He chose to change nothing, double down and continue to go through with having the shirts made and sold out of them at the show. Sure, it was a "success" in the moment, but how many people were turned off from coming to the show at all after the initial announcement and social media storm? I want to see this hobby grow, and times are changing. This isn't 1986 any more. One of the great growing and untapped markets of this hobby are among women and kids. There are likely many women out there who stay away from pinball due to the greasy, sexist stereotypes that are reinforced by the t-shirt design from this show. Yes, it is a free world...but when a promoter of a show decides to market the hobby in this manner, I am personally not going to support it. For someone that wants to see the show get bigger, why would you purposely try to alienate a portion of your market? You should be looking to attract as many different demographics as you can, not placate to a vocal minority. If you have a problem with me standing up for what I believe in, Chip/Rich...i'm sorry you feel that way. Good luck with your endeavors...my involvement either way is pretty minuscule in the grand scheme of things.

#542 4 years ago

I'll likely be bringing a game for free play. Just have to figure out which one will be ready before I register.

#543 4 years ago

Didn't know there was a show t-shirt. I'd like to buy one if there's one available. From the way Jodi is describing it, I def want one!

#544 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Rich unveiled the preliminary shirt design early last year, and it set off a firestorm on social media. He chose to change nothing, double down and continue to go through with having the shirts made and sold out of them at the show. Sure, it was a "success" in the moment, but how many people were turned off from coming to the show at all after the initial announcement and social media storm? I want to see this hobby grow, and times are changing. This isn't 1986 any more. One of the great growing and untapped markets of this hobby are among women and kids. There are likely many women out there who stay away from pinball due to the greasy, sexist stereotypes that are reinforced by the t-shirt design from this show. Yes, it is a free world...but when a promoter of a show decides to market the hobby in this manner, I am personally not going to support it. For someone that wants to see the show get bigger, why would you purposely try to alienate a portion of your market? You should be looking to attract as many different demographics as you can, not placate to a vocal minority. If you have a problem with me standing up for what I believe in, Chip/Rich...i'm sorry you feel that way. Good luck with your endeavors...my involvement either way is pretty minuscule in the grand scheme of things.

You better take "Elvira and the Party Monsters" off your wish list, Those boobies could offend someone!

#545 4 years ago

It is possible to be offended about something and still STFU about it.

#546 4 years ago

Uh, did you miss the part where I mentioned it was a WOMAN that worked with the company to design it? A woman that has children? Had you paid attention last year, we did have an alternate family friendly shirt printed? As far as market share, Arcade gaming in all forms is mostly a male endeavor. Not due to any sort of sexism but more likely that men are more competitive and enjoy it more than women do. I have games on locations and I see it at every location.

Quoted from JodyG:

#547 4 years ago

Still have 2 spaces for pins left in the SUV so dropping the price on Space Station down to $2000 & the Xenon down to $2300!

#548 4 years ago

Geesh – coexist, people.
    Actually the "G" rated version of the show shirt was pretty nice.
    Sounds like some folks here never visited the show table at the back of the hall to even see it was for sale.

I have a 30-year career in managing trade shows, exhibits, procurement conferences for the federal government and aviation sector, product launches and media days – et al – all over the world. I know the work ANY show needs to be any sort of a success, and I applaud Rich for ALL of his efforts (and family).

Me, I'm bringing 3 non-pinheads with me to help support this show AND the vendors.

Carry on ...

#549 4 years ago

Maybe JodyG can make up their own shirt and sell them from 30 minutes away! It's all about the shirt man! NOT

#550 4 years ago

“I refuse to support this show!” ALSO “Let me use this show thread to sell my games”. Does Pinside have the ability to ban people from specific topics?

There are 1,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroom-york-show-2019-buy-sell-trade-no-hotel-amp-food/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.