(Topic ID: 267100)

White Rose Game Show 2020/2021 - hotel, food, etc. (no buy sell trade talk)

By bluespin

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Madmax541
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210810_213058 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Anything except buying, selling and trading to be discussed in this forum.

Show Dates: October 8th and 9th, 2021.

Link to York website:
    http://www.theyorkshow.com/index.html

Link to Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1640195422902623

1 week later
    #2 3 years ago

50/50
    It’s happening but it’s 5 months away. Smaller show more EM presence. Very cool show to attend.

2 months later
    #3 3 years ago

#4 3 years ago

I moved to the York area a few years ago because of work. In downtown, our favorite places for drinks and dinner are:
    - White Rose Bar and Grill
    - Holy Hound Taproom
    - Rockfish Public House

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from curban:

I moved to the York area a few years ago because of work. In downtown, our favorite places for drinks and dinner are:
    - White Rose Bar and Grill
    - Holy Hound Taproom
    - Rockfish Public House

The Holy Hound is my favorite place to go when we attend the York show. Great beer selection and good food too.

1 year later
    #6 2 years ago

Booked! WTH I threw caution into the wind and booked an Airbnb apartment cheap. Not going to be there much anyway.

1 week later
    #7 2 years ago

Booked 2 nights at la Quinta, thurs-sat, now I need to figure out what space for the game

#8 2 years ago

Looking for the metal plate that covers the bill acceptor. Had to use the original for another game I sold awhile back. Lmk thanks.

Dirty harry.

20210810_213058 (resized).jpg20210810_213058 (resized).jpg
    #9 2 years ago

Here is some stuff I can bring to the show for sale:

Lots of High Speed parts. Tested MPU, sound and driver boards, power supply, transformer, backglass, displays, plastics, some other stuff.
    Run DMD clock. Has an issue with the RBG dip switch so currently only runs in Green and Red (I think...need to check) Can be fixed though.
    Arcade boards - Super High Impact Football, Wrestlefest, Super Cup Finals
    Williams System 7 flipper rebuild kit
    Repro ramp for Hollywood Heat
    A few sets of legs. 28.5 non ribbed I believe. These have surface rust, etc.

#10 2 years ago

Looking for a CFTBL! How am I gonna get it back home ?!

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Booked 2 nights at la Quinta, thurs-sat, now I need to figure out what space for the game

I will be there, same hotel, looking forward to putting a face to a name.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Looking for the metal plate that covers the bill acceptor. Had to use the original for another game I sold awhile back. Lmk thanks.
    Dirty harry.
    [quoted image]

Pinnovators.

#13 2 years ago

Anyone from the Indianapolis area going to the show?

#14 2 years ago

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year. I've been talking with some of the Bingo Row regulars and some are planning on attending, some not. I'm going to see who will still be able to bring games, but it might be a (much?) smaller showing than in recent years. I was also planning to bring my P3 with all of my custom games. Hopefully next year!

#15 2 years ago

Looking for a Taxi, PM me if you're thinking of selling yours.
    Thanks in advance
    Ralph

4 weeks later
    #16 2 years ago

I am considering attending this show. How does it compare to the Allentown show that occurred this summer? Would Friday be the best day to attend?

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

I am considering attending this show. How does it compare to the Allentown show that occurred this summer? Would Friday be the best day to attend?

I don't know how attendance will be this year based off of COVID concerns. However, in 2019 I would say that the show was about 60% the size of the one in Allentown. I would also say that there was a larger selection of older (1950s-1970s) pins at York and a smaller percentage of pins were DMD or newer. There is also nothing comparable to the Amish market there. I think there are a similar number of flea market vendors and the like as at Allentown. On the upside, it is a much shorter drive!

Anyone who wants to make the Allentown show better can do so... by just bringing a game! I'll only be able to make it Saturday (bringing a kiddo) but will bring something cool to freeplay. No Rick and Morty this time but probably a Torpedo Alley (rareish) or clear coat Sorcerer.

Bring Argosy! Even if you don't want to sell you can always just put up a sign that says "trade?" and see what is offered.

#18 2 years ago

I can bring one of the following if pre sold.

Fgy like brand new
    Tspp nice
    Bm66 like brand new
    Imdn pro like brand new
    Acnc like brand new
    Gnr se like brand new
    Wof nice
    T3 nice.
    Sth prem like brand new

Only have room to bring one and really only wanna sell one.

#19 2 years ago

Ya'll know, this is the hotel, food thread.
    Carry on!

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Ya'll know, this is the hotel, food thread.
    Carry on!

thanks, been one of those days.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

thanks, been one of those days.

We see what we want to see
    Inside joke

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-game-show-2020-hotel-food-etc-no-buy-sell-trade-talk?hl=murphdom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.