(Topic ID: 266589)

White Rose Game Show 2020/2021 - Buy, sell, trade, want (no corona virus talk)

By bluespin

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MythMaker
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1919 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1909 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3016 (2) (resized).JPG
    IMG_2666 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2801 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2532 (2) (resized).JPG
    DE80DFF4-77B9-4F7A-ABA9-ADF4FE867FB4 (resized).jpeg
    921D1E18-3CEB-4BCD-89D6-A8A430D53BB4 (resized).jpeg
    1A5BBEA4-FAE3-4D99-90B3-634419B54218 (resized).jpeg
    475E962F-945E-44D2-8F02-B59E5D6ECB45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5647[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5645[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5661[1] (resized).JPG
    PXL_20211009_142241094.MP~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211009_131454259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1717 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

I've been watching that story closely. The Governor has been threatening to not remove the green status until there is a Covid vaccine. A limit of 250 people would cause the show to be canceled.

There may NEVER be a vaccine, just like there is no vaccine for the common cold or Aids. So then what?

#63 3 years ago

If the show goes on, I will be there!

1 month later
    #113 3 years ago

I was at a gun show in PA last week which was indoors and had probably several hundred people in attendance. Apparently that was allowed as another one is planned in the next couple of weeks.

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Seems like it shouldn't have happened. Was this Oaks, Pa.?

Morgantown. Apparently Oaks was not allowed to happen but Morgantown was?!? Different county perhaps? Its happening again in a couple of weeks and I can tell you for sure there were a whole lot more people in there than 25!!

#151 3 years ago

If worse comes to worse, Rich might consider contacting the Morgantown Mall as to the possibility of holding a pinball show there. They are already holding various shows and events at that location. I understand the local authorities are very anxious to get more business to that area and have been very accommodating. The location is perfect. Literally 2 minutes off of the PA TPK, huge parking lot, and a hotel on the same grounds. Just a thought if York Fairgrounds won't work.

1 week later
    #163 3 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

From the PA Department of Health as of today. I have an over full trailer for the show if it should take place.
    "Indoor events and gatherings of more than 25 persons are prohibited.
    Outdoor events and gatherings of more than 250 persons are prohibited.
    The maximum occupancy limit includes staff."

Be that as it is. I have personally attended a couple of indoor events with at least 500 and probably more people in the last two weeks in eastern PA. It seems not all events are treated equally or perhaps some event promoters do whatever they want?

#179 3 years ago

The following comments in no way reflect on the show promoters making a tough decision based on difficult economic realities. I am sorry they had to make the decision they did based on current events and peoples' perceptions. But, having said that...
    This is a damn shame! So many people are so afraid and why? How many people actually personally know someone who died from covid? How many actually personally know someone who even got it? Everyone dutifully running here and there with their government approved mask. Why? Have we gotten so fearful as a people that we are afraid to shake our friends' hands? Afraid to hang out together? I don't want to minimize that some people have gotten sick from this and some have actually died. But people sadly die every day from kidney disease, cancer, car accidents, alcoholism. Is it possible we are letting the government scare us half to death all out of proportion to the actual event? I just think it is sad what we have become. Oh well. I guess there's always next year...assuming the authorities let us.

10 months later
    #226 2 years ago

I'm looking for Elvira's HOH, Stern JP Premium, Centaur, Class of 1812. LMK if anybody has one for sale/trade. Driving distance of Phoenixville, PA.

1 month later
    #302 2 years ago

Can bring a William's Flotilla black lite arcade game to York if any interest. Works fully, except sound just went out. Nice cosmetic shape overall. Dont have the time or ability to troubleshoot the sound problem. Asking $600/bo. Will consider trades for other em arcade games or pins. Flotilla can be seen any sat or sun at the Village Arcade in St. Peter's, pa. Let me know if any interest. Thanks!

IMG_0118 (resized).jpgIMG_0118 (resized).jpgIMG_0119 (resized).jpgIMG_0119 (resized).jpgIMG_0120 (resized).jpgIMG_0120 (resized).jpgIMG_0121 (resized).jpgIMG_0121 (resized).jpgIMG_0123 (resized).jpgIMG_0123 (resized).jpgIMG_0124 (resized).jpgIMG_0124 (resized).jpg
    #304 2 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Can bring a William's Flotilla black lite arcade game to York if any interest. Works fully, except sound just went out. Nice cosmetic shape overall. Dont have the time or ability to troubleshoot the sound problem. Asking $600/bo. Will consider trades for other em arcade games or pins. Flotilla can be seen any sat or sun at the Village Arcade in St. Peter's, pa. Let me know if any interest. Thanks!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Floatilla sold! Thanks to all!

1 week later
    #360 2 years ago

I'm looking for a Crazy Climber arcade game. Contact me if you have one.

2 weeks later
    #750 2 years ago

Bob and Guido above have it right. I've been attending shows for over 30 years. Set up at the very first Allentown show when it was at the firehouse and pretty much every one since then. Set up at many many York shows over the years. Before all that, I attended many of the huge gameroom shows at Hackensack, Valley Forge, and Chicago, buying, selling and trading.

Since the Roman Chariot days and before, people have always bought things in rough shape, fixed them up, and tried to sell them for a little more. Houses, cars, furniture, antiques and yes, even pinballs. Nothing has ever been wrong about that. Its fundamental capitalism. Which of you who have owned more than one house sold your last house for the same or less than you bought it? I'm not sure where the line is between being a "flipper" and being a hobbyist who like playing and fixing pinballs. But as far as flippers being leaches, giving nothing back to the hobby, etc, that's crap!

If people who pay to set up at a show can't make a little money, guess what. Pretty soon, they don't come back to the show and there is no show. I have bought broken down games over the years, fixed them up, and sold them, either at a show or privately, to some homeowner who has no idea of how to repair his own machine and except for me and others like me, would probably never have had an opportunity to own a pinball machine. But because I fixed one up and sold it to him, he plays it, his wife and kids play it, their friends and neighbors play it, and next thing you know, somebody else is looking to buy a machine.

Then I tell them or they hear about the local shows coming up, they come, pay their entrance fee, and spend money with the various vendors. That's how shows get built.

As far as making money doing this, I don't think anybody is getting rich in the process. At best, you hope to make a few bucks which inevitably goes back into the hobby buying parts or other machines to fix and play. My time is worth just as much as everyone else's time, and I don't plan to spend hours and hours for nothing, just so someone can benefit from all of my labor while they did nothing. That's just the way it is. That doesn't mean I don't do favors for people from time to time. I have spent hours helping friends fix their machine with nothing more than a thanks at the end. I have bought numerous games and "flipped" them to friends for exactly what I paid, because I knew they loved it more than me and wanted to have it. I have given newbies parts and advice for free, just because I thought they needed a break and a bit of a helping hand to get them started on their pinball journey. But if I buy a game, fix it up, bring it back from the dead, and make it look as close to new as possible, I want some compensation for the dollars and hours upon hours of labor I put in. That's not wrong.

#757 2 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

I'm not that familiar with the Jukebox models, if it was in a booth almost directly behind the entrance table, it was very likely Dale at AHJS. https://www.ahjbs-jukeboxsociety.com/ If that's not them, give me some details about where it was on the show floor and I can most likely track them down.

It was dale reinhart from the ahjbs. He lives out west of reading pa. Don't have his number handy but if you can't find him, message me as I can get it from a friend.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-game-show-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk?tu=sbmania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.