(Topic ID: 266589)

White Rose Game Show 2020 - Buy, sell, trade, want (no corona virus talk)

By bluespin

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 211 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Dono
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Curly Bill (resized).jpg
    0b0899edcfa6aa8aa49c761ebde251a54e940093 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    A28E05F3-4EA2-4DC4-9073-7A6063225497 (resized).jpeg
    F6D0DD53-18FC-472A-B382-A554C0942497 (resized).png
    A1B46A99-1FCD-48FA-BE19-D00A5E8B3530 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20200621-122607_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20191011_114514 (resized).jpg
    20200322_200359_01_01 (resized).jpg
    20200322_200359 (resized).jpg
    20200322_200359 (resized).jpg
    78bbcefaade3291df8f61cdf2732e365b47388c2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rmarket.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 months ago

At least not yet, it can always happen. We are past due for a snow storm for the show.

Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

About the only thing York hasn’t had is swarms of locusts! Or giant Hornets

#15 8 months ago

There are a lot of good food options within a few minutes drive from the show. Someday, we hope to make a list of them that we can hand out.

The first show seems like it was just the other day. It was held in a Firehall on Market Street. I had a Comet and World's Fair at the show. My buddy brought a Lucky Ace that he painted in his dark basement and well it looked like he painted it in a dark basement while wearing sunglasses.

Would anyone like to guess which vendor was at that show and every one since then? ( I think they didn't make it the year that Chicago scheduled the same weekend)

It is still too early to make a decision about canceling an even in October, so we are very much in wait and see mode. Or if you prefer corporate speak, we are monitoring the situation and will provide a status update when new information is available.

Quoted from jrpinball:

There are many great food options at York though. Lattuca's Subs and Pizzeria is a great place for lunch. I'll really miss going there if the show bombs.

#17 8 months ago

Good guess but Mike is too young.

#21 8 months ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

My guess is Mayfair.

You're correct. Mayfair has been to all but one of the shows.

#27 8 months ago

Steve never made it to the York show. He did go to Allentown several times.

Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Steve Young also did shows back then, not sure if he attended the White Rose Show.

1 month later
    #38 7 months ago

I've been watching that story closely. The Governor has been threatening to not remove the green status until there is a Covid vaccine. A limit of 250 people would cause the show to be canceled.

Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am not trying to change this to a Coronavirus thread but I was just watching the news today and Carlisle Events is being sued by the PA Dept of Health for violating the "green phase limit" of 250 people attending an event. The outcome of this might dictate what happens with any show for a long while. Time will tell but with the Carlisle Car Show being an outdoor event spread over a lot of area it isn't like social distancing is a huge problem. Hundreds of people in a building might be harder to "pull off" this year?

#50 7 months ago

It's all political at this point, there won't be any rational decision. We'll end up with something like you can assemble more than 250 people but only on Thursdays that have an odd numbered date. The State is going after some businesses that didn't follow the rules with a vengeance and ignoring others.

Quoted from too-many-pins:

I put the post up about the Carlisle Car Show because the ruling on that will likely dictate what happens with most larger events in the state for a while. Hopefully we will see some kind of "rational" decision from the courts saying how events can proceed in the near future. Once the decision is handed down it should help Rich decide if he can proceed with the show.

#67 7 months ago

Thanks, I do appreciate that but it isn't necessary. What everyone can do to help the show (if it happens this year) is to support the vendors and buy from them at the show. The vendors are what keep the shows running year after year. I know some of the vendors lose money every year attending the show but they keep coming back and support the show.

As to increasing the admission price, I don't have any plans to do so. As long as the show keeps growing attendance wise and that outpaces the ever growing expenses, it is fine at $15 admission.

Quoted from DorkInAbox:

$20 gate? I'd gladly go $30 or even $40 - or, make that an option. Normal gate fee plus optional donation to the show.

1 week later
    #88 6 months ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:I know Rich reads these post from time to time and I would like to be the first to volunteer to do anything I can help with things regardless of how things "play out". If the show does happen I would be more than happy to do anything you need to help with at the show and if the show doesn't happen and we can do anything to help offset some of the cost of not doing the show feel free to ask. Even not having the show will have expenses and I am sure there are a good many of us that would be more than happy to help you with some of those if you ask.
    Rich isn't the kind of guy who will ask for help but I hate to see him shoulder all the expenses if the show doesn't happen. I don't know exactly how any of us can help but hopefully he will let us know if there is anything anyone can do to help him out a little.
    I love the idea of T-shirts even if the show didn't happen but that sounds like a huge risk trying to figure out how many to get - etc.
    In a couple weeks I'll post a list of some of the stuff I will be bringing if the show does happen. Not knowing is the toughest thing in my eyes because you just don't know how to prepare for it. I hate the idea of wasting dozen of hours getting ready for a show that might not happen yet I can't wait too long to get started or I will not have enough ready to fill a couple spaces at the show. Tough year for sure!

Thanks Skip. Looks like sometime in August is when we will make the final decision. It will be based on what the state allows, how many vendors and people signed up to bring games.

T shirts for the show have always been a risk financially and aren't that profitable. (break even point is something like 70% sold) I don't know if it getting any made for this year is a wise move. Shipping charges have gotten to the point where it is sort of silly to ship them individually. It costs somewhere around $5 to ship one and that doesn't include the price of the packaging.

If we go ahead with the show, there are many other details about the show that I am unsure how we can handle and stay within the state guidelines such as the Pizza night for vendors / people with games.

Again, thanks for the offer but financial help isn't needed or wanted. I keep enough money in the show fund in the event something like this happens.

The only major expense the show will incur if it gets canceled would be the penalties that the Fairgrounds may charge us. (which is the full rental price) I don't know if they would actually enforce that clause of the contract due to the virus but they are within their rights to do so.

1 week later
    #97 6 months ago

Neato burrito's Cowboy Crunch or any other burrito they sell with the Feta cheese salsa is the best burrito this area has to offer.

Quoted from JodyG:

Tutoni's downtown for a quality Italian meal, and MexItaly for beer/burritos. Two of the best places in York...fight me!

1 month later
    #176 4 months ago

Sorry guys but we have to cancel the show for this year. There are too many hurdles in the way to have a show and stay within the State Guidelines. The dates for next year's show are 10/7/2021 to 10/9/2021

1 month later
    #207 3 months ago

And just to rub salt into the wound. The weather this weekend was perfect and better weather than we have had for the past several years on the show weekend.

#209 3 months ago

Yes, it has rained every year for the past 6 or 7 years.

Quoted from La4s:

So what your are saying, it is going to pour down rain the whole weekend next year?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 68.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 22.00
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 179.99
    $ 11.00
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 750.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 119.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 89.99
    $ 11.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 164.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rmarket.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside