(Topic ID: 266589)

White Rose Game Show 2020/2021 - Buy, sell, trade, want (no corona virus talk)

By bluespin

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MythMaker
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1919 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1909 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3016 (2) (resized).JPG
    IMG_2666 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2801 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2532 (2) (resized).JPG
    DE80DFF4-77B9-4F7A-ABA9-ADF4FE867FB4 (resized).jpeg
    921D1E18-3CEB-4BCD-89D6-A8A430D53BB4 (resized).jpeg
    1A5BBEA4-FAE3-4D99-90B3-634419B54218 (resized).jpeg
    475E962F-945E-44D2-8F02-B59E5D6ECB45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5647[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5645[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5661[1] (resized).JPG
    PXL_20211009_142241094.MP~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211009_131454259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1717 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

If it doesn't, we might as well all just slash our wrists!

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

At the “year of the fire” show, 2016, I think, someone brought a Chicago Coin Thing woodrail. I really enjoyed playing it and haven’t seen one since. Selfish request, but by any chance is someone planning to bring one this year (not necessarily looking to buy one, just to play one again)?

That was the "fire and rain" show.
    I remember that "Thing". There was a great woodrail row at that show.

1 week later
    #13 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

At least not yet, it can always happen. We are past due for a snow storm for the show.

I've been to every York show from the beginning. I remember the second show. It was the first one at the Fairgrounds. There were two outdoor flea market vendors. It was cold out ( I believe it was early November). When a few snow flurries started, one of the flea market vendors said "screw this". He packed up and left! Hoping we can get together for my favorite show of the year! It will really suck if we have to endure another long, cold winter before the next show.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Or pretzel wraps

There are many great food options at York though. Lattuca's Subs and Pizzeria is a great place for lunch. I'll really miss going there if the show bombs.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

The first show seems like it was just the other day. It was held in a Firehall on Market Street.

That show seems like eons ago to me, but I remember it well.
    Was looking for the firehouse, and suddenly saw the sign, "Pinball Show Today". Yanked a hard right, and I think I was on two wheels coming into the show. A friend who was already there saw this, and said "what, are you with the Joey Chitwood stunt team?" as I parked and got out!

1 month later
    #43 3 years ago

I've been to every single York show from the very beginning. If it's on, I'm there. I'm having my doubts though if it will happen. Fear of this virus is infinitely worse than the virus itself. It's about time we get f*ckin' back to normal. It's all f*ckin' p*l!t!cs, and were all suffering for it.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

114 Days away, a lot can happen. Have to be positive.

I'm finding it very difficult to be positive about anything lately.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

I'm a afraid even if this show were to happen it would be poorly attended and be a financial disaster for Rich, all these things need to be considered. attendance is critical to make the show work for everyone

I don't know about that. Everyone in the Northeast is jonesing for a show. I heard that the show block
    of rooms at La Quinta is already booked up.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

What part of..No fn covid talk. No fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn covid talk no fn... dont you f@The King understand? Stick your fn covid talk up your friggin. Ass!

Sheesh. Tell us how you really feel.
    I'm as fed up with this whole thing as much as anyone, but just about every major pinball event this year has been scrubbed due to this.
    What's the point of discussing an event which may not take place?

1 year later
    #645 2 years ago
    Quoted from jackblotto:

Just got back from the show, a bit of a roundtrip drive today from Northern VA. Hadn't been there in a number of years so nice to get back. Enjoyed seeing a few people I know and playing a number of games I hadn't seen/played in a while. The EM games, as always, were fun. They were almost all in VERY nice shape and playing well. Was tempted to buy a few things, but with space being limited just didn't pull the trigger.
    The most interesting thing to me at the show was the P3 MultiMorphic games. I had seen that term a number of times recently but never took any time to see what people were discussing. I didn't even know what I was playing when I stepped up to one of the 2 there. Looking at them from a distance, my thoughts were, is it a virtual pinball machine? Is this thing a homebrew? Expectations were low honestly, but the gameplay for enjoyable and interesting. Used to have the Pinball 2000 setup with both playfields and 2 computers, so started to think about them in those terms, but they seemed so much more. The vendor who was selling the system, Bill from Pinball Gallery, spent a bit of time explaining the games, options and pricing, very nice guy. Going to do more research to see if that could be the next thing in our gameroom.
    Enjoy the show!

Missed you, Jack. I sold you the "Space Invaders" pin long ago.

#753 2 years ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

I played that yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous job by Dono. Congrats on your pickup.

Dono does excellent work, but the credit for this game goes to one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet, but is sadly no longer with us. I actually owned this very machine, not once, but twice! It wasn't in this condition when I owned it.
    It passed from me to Vic Camp, and Vic, not being terribly fond of add-a-ball games, traded it for a very nice Gottlieb "Volley". Meanwhile, the "Melody" ended up in the hands of a guy who quickly developed excellent restoration skills. He lovingly restored the game to it's current condition, and was it's proud owner until he tragically passed away less than two years ago. Dono purchased it from his widow, and as he said, he sold it because he's also not a big fan of the add-a-ball version. I know he's been looking for an equally nice "Sing Along" for years now, but hasn't found one.
    So, MB, we miss you, and I was fondly thinking of you as I played this game at the show. Enjoy it, @poppapin!

#791 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

Sold the Top Card today. Very happy buyer. Hated to let it go, but I have 100 games and can't keep all of them.

Thought that game belonged in your line up, but c'est la vie!

#793 2 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

It was also good to meet you, Dono. I’m 6’ 3”, and you’re one of the few people who can make me feel short!

Dono is a tall drink of water!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-game-show-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.