(Topic ID: 266589)

White Rose Game Show 2020/2021 - Buy, sell, trade, want (no corona virus talk)

By bluespin

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MythMaker
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1919 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1909 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3016 (2) (resized).JPG
    IMG_2666 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2801 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2532 (2) (resized).JPG
    DE80DFF4-77B9-4F7A-ABA9-ADF4FE867FB4 (resized).jpeg
    921D1E18-3CEB-4BCD-89D6-A8A430D53BB4 (resized).jpeg
    1A5BBEA4-FAE3-4D99-90B3-634419B54218 (resized).jpeg
    475E962F-945E-44D2-8F02-B59E5D6ECB45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5647[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5645[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5661[1] (resized).JPG
    PXL_20211009_142241094.MP~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211009_131454259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1717 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

From what I saw posted this morning about the Carlisle Car Show it appears things are looking up for York Pinball Show to happen. Although the "hearing" has not taken place you it sounded like the Judge was kind of pissed at the Dept of Health for even wasting his time with their action. Only time will tell but I am feeling better about the chances of a Fall Pinball Show in York this year after hearing about what is going on with the Carlisle Car Show.

These two events couldn't be any more different. Carlisle is an outdoor event with 100 acres to spread out. York pinball show is an enclosed space. Two entirely different things. I hope the show goes on, but this is an apples to oranges comparison at best.

3 weeks later
    #96 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Great what hotel are yinz staying at and where’s the best place to eat? LOL.

Tutoni's downtown for a quality Italian meal, and MexItaly for beer/burritos. Two of the best places in York...fight me!

1 month later
    #106 3 years ago

They had a cow show (yes, cow show) at the Lebanon Fairgrounds, two counties away, last weekend...so I guess large events are still allowed in some form.

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

The car shows have been happening out here in Carlisle PA also but there is a huge difference between a "cow show" and a pinball show. The car shows or a "cow show" are happening in an open area with an ability to social distance. The pinball show would be in a building without that ability. Kind of like eating outside at a diner instead of inside. So I think we are "screwed" this year from everything I have been reading or seeing going on in PA.

Cow show was indoors.

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Have a few livestock fairs here in CT, always packed.

Can confirm...I followed a trailer going there from Maine. Not only was it pretty full, it drew a lot of out of state folks. Knowing PA, there was probably some kind of Ag exemption for the event.

#130 3 years ago

The governor will allow the show to be held as long as everyone buys a meal and carries it around with them all day.

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Seems like it shouldn't have happened. Was this Oaks, Pa.?

Not much is being enforced at the moment. I know of numerous restaurants in the area packing themselves to the gills with people, and nothing is happening. Doesn't mean it's right, but it is happening.

2 weeks later
    #185 3 years ago

Two very healthy, active friends have been hospitalized from it, and continue to suffer long term effects from COVID. One is 50 years old, cycled daily and was in great shape. He now needs an inhaler to walk out to his mailbox. My COVID-denier dentist got it, and he is also showing signs of lung damage as well. He isn't denying it any more.

The death number is only half the story. Will you be one of the ones who has permanent health issues as a result of contracting it? We don't know why it affects certain people differently than most. Until we know more, the smart people will not take unnecessary risks. The dumb ones....well, we prove Darwin right again.

Not having the show this year was absolutely the right decision.

If you want to go play pinball in York, drive to Timeline arcade. He just auctioned off several pins and vids on Facebook live last night to help stay afloat.

1 year later
    #377 2 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

Does anyone know if Marco will be at the show?

Marco will not be there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-game-show-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk?tu=JodyG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.